The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have always stayed on Disney property until this year. We are staying at Bonnet Creek this year. How often do the shuttles run and aer they hard to catch?

You have to pay a $5 fee per round trip per person for the shuttles. As far as how often they run, havent stayed at this particular resort before. Also unless you are a VIP, Platinum, or Gold member they will not take room requests such as firework or lake views. All the pictures I have seen have been beautiful. Most of the Wyndham resorts are. :)

This thread has been so helpful.:goodvibes Can anyone tell me though if you have to pay the 14.99 to join redweek to contact owners? I have no issue paying it but if I don't have to them I don't want to waste the money. Thanks!:)

So I just cancelled 2 rooms at PoP to stay in a 2 bed deluxe here. Kinda nervous because we are die hard "onsiters" but just couldnt justify the disney price tag this time since its only 3 nights. Other than reading through the thread(which I plan to do once kids are in bed tonight) any one care to reassure that we will love it here.

We will be spending 22 nights there again this summer, our 5th trip. You will love it. Its such a great resort and so much space. I can honestly say I have never found anything to complain about. I am always sad to leave and cant wait to go back. Have a great trip.

So I just cancelled 2 rooms at PoP to stay in a 2 bed deluxe here. Kinda nervous because we are die hard "onsiters" but just couldnt justify the disney price tag this time since its only 3 nights. Other than reading through the thread(which I plan to do once kids are in bed tonight) any one care to reassure that we will love it here.

Former onsiters here, too. You won't go back after WBC unless its just 1-2 people. SO much more room and so nice.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Is it too late to try to book for Christmas break? We are interested in date of somewhere around Dec. 20-Jan 2nd. We have used and were very satisfied with Ken's service, but we don't want to contact him if there is no chance.

Thanks for any help!

Is it too late to try to book for Christmas break? We are interested in date of somewhere around Dec. 20-Jan 2nd. We have used and were very satisfied with Ken's service, but we don't want to contact him if there is no chance.

Thanks for any help!

Well we weren't there for Christmas, but we were there this past NYE Dec 28- Jan 5 and we didn't book it until 2 weeks before!

Wow! How were you able to book so late? I've read that they book up very early for the break.

I don't know. We didn't have trouble finding availability. We booked through someone via eBay. Maybe lucky I guess. When I was pricing I checked many places and only one said nothing was available.

Are you able to walk to DTD from BC? I have heard conflicting stories but the maps seem to show it's close. What can you walk to from BC? We always stay onsite but are considering trying something new and BC seems to have a lot of happy guests!

Thanks for any help!

The resort is showing completely booked at this point from the owner reservation system for the final parts of December.

That being said, It's an extremely popular time to visit the parks and this resort is no exception to being extremely popular (Probably the most popular time of the year). Because of that, many commercial renters will go ahead and make reservations for this week as soon as they are able to do so, knowing that they won't have too many problems findin people who they can sell the reservation to.

I'd say go ahead and check with the various renters to see if they have a reservation already booked which you can use. If someone comes back and tells you there isn't any availability, just try another renter. I would honestly be surprised if all the spec reservations where already filled this far in advance, but you may be forced to look outside the Vacation Upgrades/Vacation Strategy duo who are so popular around here.

Are you able to walk to DTD from BC? I have heard conflicting stories but the maps seem to show it's close. What can you walk to from BC? We always stay onsite but are considering trying something new and BC seems to have a lot of happy guests!

No! Too far and not safe to walk in the traffic as there are no side walks to DTD from BC.

As Fundy said, East Buena Vista Blvd which is the road between the Bonnet Creek resort area and the DTD area is in no way pedestrian friendly. On top of the lack of sidewalks, This is one of the major roads on the Disney resort and full of both commercial traffic (taxi's and buses) as well as a large number of out-of-town drivers who may not know exactly where they are going. It is not recommended to try and walk along this ride at all.

That being said, Because EBV Blvd is not pedestrian friendly, Your walking options from the Bonnet Creek resort are a bit limited. There is a sidewalk on the road which the resort is located on, but it dead-ends at a gazebo just before reaching EBV Blvd. Your walking options would consist of just the stuff along this road, which at this time consists of the Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare resort and Wyndham Grande hotel which both circle the lake, and the Hilton and Waldorf Astoria property which is located across the street from the Wyndham Grande's entrance.

Are most people on this thread owners of Wyndham, or renting points, or just doing a direct stay through Bonnet Creek?

There usually ends up being a decent amount of choices for owners, I was just curious. :) but probably not around SWW, Christmas, or super popular times of the year to visit Wdw. ;)

Are most people on this thread owners of Wyndham, or renting points, or just doing a direct stay through Bonnet Creek?

There usually ends up being a decent amount of choices for owners, I was just curious. :) but probably not around SWW, Christmas, or super popular times of the year to visit Wdw. ;)

I think the majority of people around here are Renters. There are also a few owners around. In general we try and push people away from booking directly thru Bonnet Creek since it's not worth the rates they charge. (why pay $300+ a night with Bonnet Creek when you can get the same unit for $100/night from a comercial renter?)

Can pool noodles or tubes/rings be used in the pool or lazy river?

Yes and Yes. They even have a large number of tubes at both the lazy rivers which you can use (first come first serve)

We are RCI exchanger's (is that a word? LOL). We always exchange through RCI for our trips to Disney. Have even traded into Wilderness Lodge Villas. However Love BC and Silver Springs Resort the best..

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy

I think the majority of people around here are Renters. There are also a few owners around. In general we try and push people away from booking directly thru Bonnet Creek since it's not worth the rates they charge. (why pay $300+ a night with Bonnet Creek when you can get the same unit for $100/night from a comercial renter?)

Yes and Yes. They even have a large number of tubes at both the lazy rivers which you can use (first come first serve)

I agree. Better to rent from an owner. That's what I do. I own at WBC and I rent out my points, since we have so many. But we still go on about 4 vacations a year, mostly to Disney. We just got back from Cali at the Grand Californian for 7 nights!!! Had such a great time!!!

We are RCI exchanger's (is that a word? LOL). We always exchange through RCI for our trips to Disney. Have even traded into Wilderness Lodge Villas. However Love BC and Silver Springs Resort the best..

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards Nancy

LOL yeah that's the best! We own at 3 different Wyndham Resorts and we do that all the time!! We just got back from the Grand Californian! Love that place!!!!! We stay all over Disney, too. This summer 2 weeks at SSR and BWV. But I love our Wyndham resorts that we stay at, also. We live In Chicagoland and Wyndham has a fabulous resort in the Wisconsin Dells, their resorts rock!!

We're staying at Bonnet Creek for 3 nights before switching over to BLT for a week. First time staying at Bonnet Creek and we're really looking forward to it!

My question is, I see it says on the website that you can get "discounts on select theme park tickets". Does anyone know what those select theme parks are? My husband and I need to get Universal tickets since the rest of our group has tickets and wants to go for the day (and we used up our Universal tickets we bought from Costco :headache:). I'm trying to find the cheapest place to buy them, which isn't easy as most discounts are on tickets with greater than one day on them.

We're staying at Bonnet Creek for 3 nights before switching over to BLT for a week. First time staying at Bonnet Creek and we're really looking forward to it!

My question is, I see it says on the website that you can get "discounts on select theme park tickets". Does anyone know what those select theme parks are? My husband and I need to get Universal tickets since the rest of our group has tickets and wants to go for the day (and we used up our Universal tickets we bought from Costco :headache:). I'm trying to find the cheapest place to buy them, which isn't easy as most discounts are on tickets with greater than one day on them.

Honestly, There aren't really any public discounts available on one day Universal tickets. It's the multidays where they start to offer some small discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter