The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just booked Orange Lake Resort. We are staying in Oct.
This will be our first time there and offsite. Really looking forward to it, the resort looks lovely. We have a 2 bdr 2 bath condo in River Island.

We just booked Orange Lake Resort. We are staying in Oct.
This will be our first time there and offsite. Really looking forward to it, the resort looks lovely. We have a 2 bdr 2 bath condo in River Island.

It's a great place. Only complaint I have is that they nickle and dime you. A charge for the lazy river inner tubes, really?

Yes, I was told you can grab a tube that people leave behind. Hope there is some truth to that!

You can bet that's what I did!:cool1:
However, that was in 2008. Since then I've read that they issue wristbands with the tubes, and check if you have a wristband.

Does anyone have a copy or link to the shuttle schedule at BC?

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they sent me an attachment with the shuttle schedule. I've tried to copy and paste the times for Disney, but it may not display so good. I'm glad we will have a rental car after seeing this!

Walt Disney World Shuttle Transportation Service
Attraction shuttle service is by RESERVATION ONLY. Reservations must be made at LEAST 1 hour prior but no more than one day prior. Reservations must be made at the concierge desk only and cannot be made over the phone. The cost is $6.00/person round trip. Each guest must have a boarding pass to ride (this includes all children, even infants). Tower 6 shuttle pick up location at gazebo outside the T6 lobby. Tower 1 shuttle pick up location at the gazebo by T1.

Departure Times Magic Kingdom & EPCOT
Tower 6 8:00 AM** 10:40 AM** 12:15 PM** 5:00 PM**
Tower 1 8:05 AM** 10:45 AM** 12:20 PM** 5:05 PM**
**Express Shuttle to MK TTC Center ONLY; Can get transportation to ANY Disney park from here

Hollywood Studios & Animal Kingdom
Tower 6 9:20 AM 11:20 AM
Tower 1 9:25 AM 11:25 AM

Downtown Disney
Tower 6 5:00 PM 8:30 PM
Tower 1 5:05 PM 8:35 PM

Return Times Magic Kingdom & EPCOT
Ticket & Transportation Center
12:35 PM 5:30 PM 8:30 PM 10:00 PM 11:00 PM 12:00AM**
TTC Lane # 13 **July 3rd & 4th ONLY

Animal Kingdom
Charter Bus Lane # 36 *additional returns from TTC 6:15 PM

Hollywood Studios
Charter Bus Lane # 36 *addition returns from TTC 6:50 PM 8:45 PM 10:15 PM

Downtown Disney
Bus Stop # 9 behind Cirque Du Soleil 8:45 PM 10:45 PM

I hope this helps!

Does anyone have a list of things that they bring or might be helpful to bring?

Coffee filters? Are there enough or should I bring more?

We're driving so we have some room in the car to bring things that might be useful, I just don't know what we'd actually use or not (like a crock pot)

We were just there less than a month ago and we cooked several time. I recommend taking your own spices, plastic storage containers and/or ziplocks for leftovers, any specialized cooking implement you like to use (my husband is really into grilling and he used the gas grills twice so he took his grilling tools) and foil or plastic wrap if you think you need it.

I think there were several filters, but not enough for 7 days. Oh if you plan on doing more than 3 loads of laundry or so , bring extra laundry detergent and dryer sheets.

We were just there less than a month ago and we cooked several time. I recommend taking your own spices, plastic storage containers and/or ziplocks for leftovers, any specialized cooking implement you like to use (my husband is really into grilling and he used the gas grills twice so he took his grilling tools) and foil or plastic wrap if you think you need it.

I think there were several filters, but not enough for 7 days. Oh if you plan on doing more than 3 loads of laundry or so , bring extra laundry detergent and dryer sheets.

Awesome thank you, this is so helpful :)

After reading the great reports here about BC, I decided to see what eBay had available for BC: $500 for a 2 bedroom/7 nights! Then I checked on free airfare (credit card points) and a cheap car rental (Alamo, $147 for the week all-in)... and I couldn't resist. I just booked it all online. We will be on our way to Disney in a little over a week!

This is our most unplanned trip ever, but I really need (want) a vacation bad and the total cost will be so low! I'm sure we will spend a few days at MK and Epcot, with the rest at the resort and perhaps volunteering again at GKTW.

After reading the great reports here about BC, I decided to see what eBay had available for BC: $500 for a 2 bedroom/7 nights! Then I checked on free airfare (credit card points) and a cheap car rental (Alamo, $147 for the week all-in)... and I couldn't resist. I just booked it all online. We will be on our way to Disney in a little over a week!

This is our most unplanned trip ever, but I really need (want) a vacation bad and the total cost will be so low! I'm sure we will spend a few days at MK and Epcot, with the rest at the resort and perhaps volunteering again at GKTW.

Awesome! I don't live there anymore (not since 2012) but I lived in MN for 10 years! But I was born a Floridian and in the end moved back south to be closer to family!

Speaking of which, we are headed to WBC for 8 nights in early Sept! Staying in a 2 Bdrm Presidential!

Ohh and I also happen to be a Dan. :)

We'll be starting our second stay at BC in 3 weeks, but this time with a baby. Should I call and request a pack and play ahead of time or is it safe to do it at check in?

We'll be starting our second stay at BC in 3 weeks, but this time with a baby. Should I call and request a pack and play ahead of time or is it safe to do it at check in?
We have never had a problem telling them at check-in and we needed two.

Our experience was a quick delivery to our suite.

Awesome! I don't live there anymore (not since 2012) but I lived in MN for 10 years! But I was born a Floridian and in the end moved back south to be closer to family!

Speaking of which, we are headed to WBC for 8 nights in early Sept! Staying in a 2 Bdrm Presidential!

Ohh and I also happen to be a Dan. :)

I am a native Minnesotan, although in 6-1/2 years we will retire to Florida. We are ready for year-round summer! We are looking at the Bellalago development, on the south side of Kissimmee.

We did not get a Presidential, just a 3 bedroom "deluxe" (which I assume is "standard"?). There are only two of us this trip, so it is a waste of 2 rooms. Yet the price was cheaper than just about anything, anywhere. We have no plans yet, just dinner at Germany in Epcot one night.

I have just booked us for 5 nights in Feb!!!! :cheer2:

That being said I know little to nothing about Bonnet Creek except that it seems to be highly recommended even on these boards that are somewhat onsite extremist.... was that to harsh, maybe?!

That being said I love staying onsite and feeling like I am in a Disney Bubble. So this will be a new experience for us and we plan on treating it a little differently.

I tried to read, well skim through these threads and there is just so much information!

We have booked a 2 bedroom villa...

I didn't even realize there was a deluxe option!

Do they have double or queen size beds in the second bedroom?
Has the whole resort been redone or is it just some of it at this point?
Are the pools heated?
Can I make a building and/or room request and if so how do I go about doing this?

I think that is all the questions I have for now lol!

Any insight or advice will be greatly appreciated ;)

I have just booked us for 5 nights in Feb!!!! :cheer2: That being said I know little to nothing about Bonnet Creek except that it seems to be highly recommended even on these boards that are somewhat onsite extremist.... was that to harsh, maybe?! That being said I love staying onsite and feeling like I am in a Disney Bubble. So this will be a new experience for us and we plan on treating it a little differently. I tried to read, well skim through these threads and there is just so much information! We have booked a 2 bedroom villa... I didn't even realize there was a deluxe option! Do they have double or queen size beds in the second bedroom? Has the whole resort been redone or is it just some of it at this point? Are the pools heated? Can I make a building and/or room request and if so how do I go about doing this? I think that is all the questions I have for now lol! Any insight or advice will be greatly appreciated ;)

I am here right now. this is our first offsite trip and I am not disappointed one bit. 2nd bedroom has two full size beds. The space.... Oh the space!!!!! The pools are warm, likely heated. I made no requests and love my room in tower 3.

I am here right now. this is our first offsite trip and I am not disappointed one bit. 2nd bedroom has two full size beds. The space.... Oh the space!!!!! The pools are warm, likely heated. I made no requests and love my room in tower 3.

That is great to hear! Well part of it I was really hoping for queens in the other room but for the price I'm sure I will be just fine!

I have just booked us for 5 nights in Feb!!!! :cheer2:

That being said I know little to nothing about Bonnet Creek except that it seems to be highly recommended even on these boards that are somewhat onsite extremist.... was that to harsh, maybe?!

That being said I love staying onsite and feeling like I am in a Disney Bubble. So this will be a new experience for us and we plan on treating it a little differently.

I tried to read, well skim through these threads and there is just so much information!

We have booked a 2 bedroom villa...

I didn't even realize there was a deluxe option!

Do they have double or queen size beds in the second bedroom?
Has the whole resort been redone or is it just some of it at this point?
Are the pools heated?
Can I make a building and/or room request and if so how do I go about doing this?

I think that is all the questions I have for now lol!

Any insight or advice will be greatly appreciated ;)
1. They have two double beds in the 2nd bedroom. There is a pullout couch in the living room.
2. They are remodeling the older towers - we recently stayed in building 3 and it is was freshly remodeled. The newest building is Tower 6.
3. The pools are heated.
4. You can make a request when you check in -- they have cut off the "call ahead" game.

1. They have two double beds in the 2nd bedroom. There is a pullout couch in the living room.
2. They are remodeling the older towers - we recently stayed in building 3 and it is was freshly remodeled. The newest building is Tower 6.
3. The pools are heated.
4. You can make a request when you check in -- they have cut off the "call ahead" game.

I like the way you put that... they cut off the call ahead game!

Great news on the heated pools, that's what I was hoping as we will be there in late Feb and you never know if it will be 60 or 80 degrees that time of year!

Any other suggestions on traveling to this resort are also appreciated as we have never been there before.

:banana::wizard:

3. The pools are heated.

Which are the older towers? should we try and avoid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter