The wait is killing me! 2014 packages

I know and I really hope they bring back FD at the end of August (even though that wouldn't be released for quite a while.(

Do you think March would still be super busy? DS has 2 days out in March (17th & 18th) he also gets out 2 days in Oct. I wonder which would be less crowded and lower prices (maybe free dining in Oct.) What do you guys think?

Do you think March would still be super busy? DS has 2 days out in March (17th & 18th) he also gets out 2 days in Oct. I wonder which would be less crowded and lower prices (maybe free dining in Oct.) What do you guys think?

March looks busy on the crowd calendar because of spring break.

When is Columbus Day? I think that what makes part of October busy. We really enjoyed our trip in October but we stayed away from Columbus day. :)

7 Days!!!!!

Squeeeee!

Dd 13 & I haven't been in a few yrs and are dying to book our next trip. We can only go during school vacation, AND figured out Easter weekend runs into school vacation this year :( So I am really not sure how to do this. For the first time we want to try, okay "I" want to try a MR but she loves POP!
So does anyone have any suggestions for me booking that week? Should I avoid the whole weekend and just leave on the Monday? or take a chance and leave Sunday and have the whole week?
Also can I book next week or can only agents book? I was hoping to try out POFQ but I know they fill quickly. I may have to call out sick to be home and do this :scratchin
Thank you for any help I can get!

Does booking early hurt your chances of getting a pin/discount? We are going June 2014 and I'm wondering if I book now will Disney consider me a sure thing and not send any incentives?

Does booking early hurt your chances of getting a pin/discount? We are going June 2014 and I'm wondering if I book now will Disney consider me a sure thing and not send any incentives?

As far as pin codes go, there is no rhyme or reason as to who gets them and who doesn't. I have seen AP holders get 2 or 3 different pin codes in one year. If you are going regardless of whether or not a discount comes out, I say book as soon as you can so you are sure to get what you want. Disney releases discounts to fill rooms, so if a resort/room type is booking up, Disney will see no need to offer a discount on that particular resort/room type. If you book now "in hopes" of getting a discount later (and will only go with a discount), that is one less room Disney has to fill (in which case could possibly lessen your chances of a discount).

As far as pin codes go, there is no rhyme or reason as to who gets them and who doesn't. I have seen AP holders get 2 or 3 different pin codes in one year. If you are going regardless of whether or not a discount comes out, I say book as soon as you can so you are sure to get what you want. Disney releases discounts to fill rooms, so if a resort/room type is booking up, Disney will see no need to offer a discount on that particular resort/room type. If you book now "in hopes" of getting a discount later (and will only go with a discount), that is one less room Disney has to fill (in which case could possibly lessen your chances of a discount).

Very true. We'd gone every year for a long time, then all of a sudden in 2010 we started getting PIN numbers regularly. They stopped around October that year and we haven't seen one since. Fortunately we were able to use a couple of them. I wouldn't wait for one if I was going to book anyway. Lately we've just used the general public discounts when we can. YMMV! :)

Question regarding 2014 packages!!!

I'm planning my trip for Jan. 7 through Jan. 14 and it's killing me to wait until July 10 to book. I know that I technically could book before then but I really want to see pricing and what not before I commit. With that said I would already be past the 180 day mark for ADRs, thankfully only a few days though. I'm not planning to go anywhere incredibly popular so I'm not too worried, but obviously I want to get them booked asap. So my question is, as soon as I place my room/package reservation, can I immediately call to make ADRs? Or is there some sort of lag so that the computer system can catch up?

Thanks so much!

:cool1:
:confused3:rolleyes1popcorn::Waiting for 2014 prices... eeeek!!!

Looking to find something April'14....

Wonder what it'll be! :)

I so wanna stay at the Wilderness or the Animal Kingdom Lodge...
I'm sure it's an arm and leg price :(

Whats everyone's thoughts..

I'm looking for room only --- maybe dining, but doubt it.

Maybe I should look into rentals at DVC :)

:cool1:
:confused3:rolleyes1popcorn::Waiting for 2014 prices... eeeek!!!

Looking to find something April'14....

Wonder what it'll be! :)

I so wanna stay at the Wilderness or the Animal Kingdom Lodge...
I'm sure it's an arm and leg price :(

Whats everyone's thoughts..

I'm looking for room only --- maybe dining, but doubt it.

Maybe I should look into rentals at DVC :)

I priced out some DVC rentals today... we might just go that way! :dance3:

Yes I am anxiously waiting too! Only 5 more days! It helps me to remember that they come out on my cousin's birthday.

I want them out now so my mom and I can book for March. I really would like to try to see if we can get in to Art of Animation. If not, I wouldn't mind staying at Pop Century again.

Because Easter is late in April 2014, does anyone know if there are a lot of school vacations that week? or if it will be extra crowded?? I really dont have a choice anyway but to go that week which is OUR school vacation, but a heads up of the crowds will be good to know. It may also help with my choice of resorts as far as which one has its own bus! Thanks ;)

Because Easter is late in April 2014, does anyone know if there are a lot of school vacations that week? or if it will be extra crowded?? I really dont have a choice anyway but to go that week which is OUR school vacation, but a heads up of the crowds will be good to know. It may also help with my choice of resorts as far as which one has its own bus! Thanks ;)

You can count on Easter being crowded no matter what month Easter happens to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter