The VWL Groupies & Trivia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
250!!!!:scared1: We better start a new one soon, like tomorrow!!

Once they lock the thread we will still be able to get in to it but all the post & quote buttons will be gone. If we want stuff copied over to the other thread we need to start one right away and get it done. Or we can link to the old thread or just copy and paste once it is locked. Yep I have already been through it a few times.

To everyone that is leaving soon, have a fantastic trip.

We're down to single digits! :cool1:

9 days until we drive down to Port Canaveral for a night at the Radisson. Then the following morning we board the Disney Wonder for 4 nights, and finally 3 nights at BWV. This will be our very first cruise (not just our first Disney cruise). We're excited!

Have a great cruise. We've never done the disney one, it's on our "to-do" list so every one is living vicarously through you. Have a boat load of fun

E.

Depending on what time you check-in, drive down to the port and watch the Magic go out to sea on Saturday (5-5:30 pm I believe). It is so awesome knowing you'll be going the next day. Just hearing the horn gives me goosebumps !

What a great idea! Thanks!!

blossomz.....we're staying at AKV this summer too. How did you hear about the safari and who did u call to book ? Price ?

You have to call the planning desk. I was checking out recreation options online at DVC under AKV and saw there were safaris available for nonconcierge..but you still book through concierge. The number is listed there..407-938-4755. They do suggest you call in advance of your stay. Yesterday I spoke with a CM and she told me the Wanyama is just like the sunrise only you don't have to get up at the crack of dawn and your dinner is included! She also said that the giraffes have been known to lick the shiny heads of bald people!! I am sooo excited!!:cool1:

You have to call the planning desk. I was checking out recreation options online at DVC under AKV and saw there were safaris available for nonconcierge..but you still book through concierge. The number is listed there..407-938-4755. They do suggest you call in advance of your stay. Yesterday I spoke with a CM and she told me the Wanyama is just like the sunrise only you don't have to get up at the crack of dawn and your dinner is included! She also said that the giraffes have been known to lick the shiny heads of bald people!! I am sooo excited!!:cool1:

Do you have to be staying at the AKV to do that safari? That sounds like something that would great to do during our honeymoon.

There are a couple of safaris that are done over at the park that are open to all of the resort guests..but you must be concierge. The Wanyama is only for DAK guests since the safari is on DAK savannahs.
Sunrise Safari at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park
Take a 30-minute safari to get an insider look at the animals, the grounds and the operation of Disney's Animal Kingdom Park. After the safari, savor a lavish breakfast buffet at the Tusker House Restaurant. Subject to availability, Park admission is required but not included. This tour is exclusive to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level Concierge Guests only. For full details and to check pricing, times, and availability Club Level Guests should contact The Resort Concierge Itinerary Planning Office in advance of their stay at 407-938-4755.

Wanyama Safari
Available to all Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Guests, this three-hour safari-dinner adventure is a recreation of a true African afternoon game drive. Spend time with members from the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Animal Programs team to learn about the natural history and management of the animal collection. Enjoy incredible photo opportunities of the animals and the architecture of the Resort. Conclude the experience with a multi-course meal at Jiko — The Cooking Place. Subject to availability. Guests must be 8 years of age or older. For full details and to check pricing, times, and availability Guests should contact The Resort Concierge Itinerary Planning Office in advance of their stay at 407-938-4755.

Wildlife Discovery Excursion
Venture off the trail of the Harambe Wildlife Reserve during this one-hour adventure led by a seasoned Safari Guide and animal expert. Stop at special observation areas for unique photo opportunities. Park admission is required, but not included. This tour is only available to Club Level Guests at all Walt Disney World® Resort hotels. For full details and to check pricing, times, and availability Club Level Guests should contact The Resort Concierge Itinerary Planning Office in advance of their stay at 407-938-4755.

blossomz- Thanks for the safari info. I guess we'll just have to do that one next time we stay at the AKL/AKV.

Hello fellow Groupies! :wave:

Our Groupie leader Muushka has been kind enough to start a new thread to keep the VWL fun going!

Click on this link to the new VWL Groupies & Trivia: Part 2 thread.

May the Moose be with you!

3BlindMoose.gif

There are a couple of safaris that are done over at the park that are open to all of the resort guests..but you must be concierge. The Wanyama is only for DAK guests since the safari is on DAK savannahs.
Sunrise Safari at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park
Take a 30-minute safari to get an insider look at the animals, the grounds and the operation of Disney's Animal Kingdom Park. After the safari, savor a lavish breakfast buffet at the Tusker House Restaurant. Subject to availability, Park admission is required but not included. This tour is exclusive to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level Concierge Guests only. For full details and to check pricing, times, and availability Club Level Guests should contact The Resort Concierge Itinerary Planning Office in advance of their stay at 407-938-4755.

Wanyama Safari
Available to all Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Guests, this three-hour safari-dinner adventure is a recreation of a true African afternoon game drive. Spend time with members from the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Animal Programs team to learn about the natural history and management of the animal collection. Enjoy incredible photo opportunities of the animals and the architecture of the Resort. Conclude the experience with a multi-course meal at Jiko — The Cooking Place. Subject to availability. Guests must be 8 years of age or older. For full details and to check pricing, times, and availability Guests should contact The Resort Concierge Itinerary Planning Office in advance of their stay at 407-938-4755.

Wildlife Discovery Excursion
Venture off the trail of the Harambe Wildlife Reserve during this one-hour adventure led by a seasoned Safari Guide and animal expert. Stop at special observation areas for unique photo opportunities. Park admission is required, but not included. This tour is only available to Club Level Guests at all Walt Disney World® Resort hotels. For full details and to check pricing, times, and availability Club Level Guests should contact The Resort Concierge Itinerary Planning Office in advance of their stay at 407-938-4755.

DW and I are set up to do all three of these events next month!

OMG! The animals should know you by name by the end of your trip!:lmao:
Sounds like a LOT of fun though!

From an animal closeness standpoint, the Wanyama safari is better than the sunrise safari. From a cost standpoint, the sunrise safari is better.

Oops....I hope I didn't confuse the situation. This is the old thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter