The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Yeah, I did too! It would make more sense to wait and put it in the Disneyland Forward area where they could do a lot more with it....if it ever actually happens. But I guess they don't want to wait. I see what you mean about it going into the Grizzy Peak area. I just don't want them tearing out all the trees or anything like that because it would look so sparse and sad over there without them.

Speaking of Disneyland Forward....do we have any idea where self-parking for the Grand Californian will be if they eventually turn that area into theme park space??
No one knows anything about what parking will be like if DF ever happens. I'm honestly expecting "free" parking will inevitably go away for DVC members at Anaheim. There just isn't enough land. At most, they may give us free parking in one of the theme park lots, 10-15 minutes away. Expect the worst, hope for the best!

1) They are actually pretty good movies if you can watch them from home and break them up over a couple of viewings.

2) The land at Animal Kingdom is incredibly immersive.

3) My wife said “most kids could care less about Avatar….its a movie for adults… they should put their energy into getting the e-ticket ride open in Avenger’s Campus”
Maybe this is all just a distraction and subterfuge from the recent Marvels debacle at the Box Office

No one knows anything about what parking will be like if DF ever happens. I'm honestly expecting "free" parking will inevitably go away for DVC members at Anaheim. There just isn't enough land. At most, they may give us free parking in one of the theme park lots, 10-15 minutes away. Expect the worst, hope for the best!

Oof. We like to drive out sometimes (1500 miles each way...woo!) so not having anywhere nearby to park would annoy me. Especially since we always make a Target run the first night and have groceries and a case of bottled water to haul in. And I'm just not a bell services/valet kind of gal at all. I guess we'll just cross that bridge when we come to it. I may be too old to care by the time DF even happens!

Oof. We like to drive out sometimes (1500 miles each way...woo!) so not having anywhere nearby to park would annoy me. Especially since we always make a Target run the first night and have groceries and a case of bottled water to haul in. And I'm just not a bell services/valet kind of gal at all. I guess we'll just cross that bridge when we come to it. I may be too old to care by the time DF even happens!
I'm sure there would still be a place to unload and check in, just no parking... After unloading initially or even going on a day trip you would only need one person with nothing to carry to make the trek from the parking garage.

Maybe this is all just a distraction and subterfuge from the recent Marvels debacle at the Box Office

I just read this same thing over on FB and realized it was you over there. So now I know who to look for when our trips overlap next June.* Ha!

*I'm seriously not a stalker or a crazy person. I'm actually quite anti-social. Or at least, socially awkward. :laughing:

I'm sure there would still be a place to unload and check in, just no parking... After unloading initially or even going on a day trip you would only need one person with nothing to carry to make the trek from the parking garage.

True. I will be nominating my poor husband for this job.

I just read this same thing over on FB and realized it was you over there. So now I know who to look for when our trips overlap next June.* Ha!

*I'm seriously not a stalker or a crazy person. I'm actually quite anti-social. Or at least, socially awkward. :laughing:

True. I will be nominating my poor husband for this job.
LOL. I should be more mindful of this but then again, I don't have anything to hide. I love meeting other members in the community. Keep a look out for one happy Asian family! Wait, that might be hard to do in CA. Haha.

IANAL but I don’t think they can take away free parking from VGC owners. They can however, in my reading, relocate it.

IANAL but I don’t think they can take away free parking from VGC owners. They can however, in my reading, relocate it.
They can. Parking is a perk, just like any other perk that can change and go away. I've seen nothing in the POS that mandates free parking for members.

I’m fine with free valet.

They can. Parking is a perk, just like any other perk that can change and go away. I've seen nothing in the POS that mandates free parking for members.
There is though. In the VGC POS there’s an explicit parking easement and no language saying it can be removed, just that it can be relocated on property.

It’s a specific difference from every other resort’s POS in the entire system.

IMG_1440.jpeg

Last edited:
If they have the parking lot super far away...would they provide any kind of shuttle or anything? I feel like all of the options are super far, especially for anyone with mobility issues.

There’s tons of space right here, I’m just sayin

View attachment 810267
As far as I can tell, that is about half the space that Pandora takes up in Animal Kingdom. That's not to say, they won't reduce the size by half, but it would be like a show building for one ride, a counter service, and almost no room left for theming. That's also supposed to be the site of the Avengers e-ticket attraction.

I think the only place in DCA they could put an Animal Kingdom-sized Pandora is to take over all of the Hollywood Blvd area including the Hyperion. Even then, the monorail would run right through the center of it.

All that said, since they keep calling it an "Avatar Experience," I worry it's going to be something very small, and nothing like the Pandora land at AK. It could even simply a walkthrough inside one of those empty studio buildings.

Last edited:
All that said, since they keep calling it an "Avatar Experience," I worry it's going to be something very small, and nothing like the Pandora land at AK. It could even simply a walkthrough inside one of those empty studio buildings.
Yup, probably some kind of museum. That would be disappointing.

facebook twitter