The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Congrats on your son's win!!

I feel your pain with the points. I booked MLK weekend because the rumors I heard were that the next new race would take over that weekend. I was surprised to hear November so I had to borrow points to make a reservation. I hate to borrow :-)

If I had current UY points I'd book Jan as well. But I'm well into borrowing even for the Nov race, and that's after cancelling all but 1 night for the Sep race!

Our next trip is going to be over MLK weekend 2015. We have VGC booked, too. Where can I find out more info about the race? Not because I want to run it - just so I can be prepared for how it might affect our trip. I've never been there during a race before.

No race has been announced yet. I'm just going with rumors that I heard that a new race would fill the slot. The races are early but lots of runners will be in the parks after. If you go in early you should be able to get a lot accomplished before the parks fill up.

Our next trip is going to be over MLK weekend 2015. We have VGC booked, too. Where can I find out more info about the race? Not because I want to run it - just so I can be prepared for how it might affect our trip. I've never been there during a race before.

It is looking like they are moving the tinker bell race to later in the year now that they are having the superhero race in November. There may not be a race on mlk. In my experience the park isn't very crowded the day of the race and the day after. I think most people are dead after and don't spend much time in the park. I know we just sit in the pool and hot tub after usually

Wondering if any of you VGC owners who are also California residents know ...

Last year we bought our Deluxe DLR AP's in June before the price change, put them on the monthly payment plan. When I got activated them in November they said we could have gotten the DVC discount ($20) and still done the monthly payment plan if we had bought them in person at the DLR ticket booths. Not going to happen since we live in NorCal, but good to know. (Still feel we had a good deal since we got the pre-price-raise price + monthly payments.)

With the DVC special, do you know if one can do monthly payments as a California resident? Can those be bought through DLR ticket booth or do they have to be bought through DVC? Its a $75 discount on the Deluxe AP's right?

DH just gave me the green light to buy APs renewals for when ours expire in November, so I'm thinking that buying them before the DVC deal expires 4/30 will be best ... :cool1:

I've been wondering the same thing about the AP, but haven't had the time to call.

Yes, with the DVC special you can do the monthly payments. I took care of it at the ticket counter. When I inquired with Member Services I was told it wasn't possible, but I figured there had to be a way. I am glad I kept trying.

Yes, with the DVC special you can do the monthly payments. I took care of it at the ticket counter. When I inquired with Member Services I was told it wasn't possible, but I figured there had to be a way. I am glad I kept trying.

I'm not close enough to go to the ticket counter so sounds like that won't be possible for us.

Try calling the AP line and keep trying until you get someone who knows how to do it then. It can't hurt to try. Good luck!

Thanks! I'll try calling DLR ticketing.

Don't know if we lucked out or not but I scored a 2br at our 7 mos window. I'm so excited. I've never stayed at the DVC side at the GCH. last time I stayed there the DVC side was under construction so we we've always been In a standard room.

I'm SO excited to have a washer and dryer and full kitchen in our room. I'm such a nerd but I don't mind laundry on vacation. With two VERY young babes, this will be so helpful.

If we want views of woc, what rooms are good ones?

And is there really and difference between a dedicated 2br and a lock off?

...With two VERY young babes, this will be so helpful.
If we want views of woc, what rooms are good ones?
I would request: 6500, 5506, 5500, 4506, 4500, 3522, 3506, 3500
There have been reports of guests being disturbed by slamming doors accessing the 6th floor patio, so 6500 might be a poor choice if your young ones are sleeping in the guest bedroom (2 queens).
...is there really and difference between a dedicated 2br and a lock off?
The second bedroom in a "lockoff" is a Studio: queen bed, foldout couch, mini-kitchen (sink, microwave, small fridge, toaster, coffee maker...), and a regular entrance (from the hall).
The second bedroom in a "dedicated": 2 queen beds.

Lockoffs are more difficult to book, since Studios are the first to book at VGC.

For a second I almost thought I had luck getting the 2br. But if this is the case then it looks like 2 br are the most abundant type of room. Considering they have dedicated and then can convert 1br and a studio.

Either way I'm stoked to have gotten one. Now just hoping for a good view. I've seen woc of excellent seating but that was before children. Now that I have littles, making a late show isn't really possible so I'd be happy with any kind of view of the show from my room. Where I can wear stretchy pants. Lol.

I would request: 6500, 5506, 5500, 4506, 4500, 3522, 3506, 3500 There have been reports of guests being disturbed by slamming doors accessing the 6th floor patio, so 6500 might be a poor choice if your young ones are sleeping in the guest bedroom (2 queens). The second bedroom in a "lockoff" is a Studio: queen bed, foldout couch, mini-kitchen (sink, microwave, small fridge, toaster, coffee maker...), and a regular entrance (from the hall). The second bedroom in a "dedicated": 2 queen beds. Lockoffs are more difficult to book, since Studios are the first to book at VGC.

I would confirm the slamming doors in 6500. We were in 6500 for Tinker Bell weekend this year. Our DD(27) was sick on Sunday and Monday and spent much of both days in bed. She said the door sounded and felt like it was right next to her head every time it slammed shut.

Great view but it's a downside. I prefer the 5th floor 2brs.

...She said the door sounded and felt like it was right next to her head every time it slammed shut.
Directly on the other side of the wall:
6500_door_noise.jpg

Getting excited for tomorrow - the first of our 5 stays for THIS year!!! Thanks DVC for the park ticket discounts!! We have been missing " our home base ! "

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter