The ultimate split-stay thread

Since someone mentioned magic bands, I will ask here... I ordered my family character bands from the Disney store since they were 10 dollars off. Now how do we get them loaded for ME at MCO and our two hotels? Di I just have to present paperwork for ME and wait until I get to resort to have them all uploaded. Didn't think of the problems before I ordered them. They were just so cute!

Since someone mentioned magic bands, I will ask here... I ordered my family character bands from the Disney store since they were 10 dollars off. Now how do we get them loaded for ME at MCO and our two hotels? Di I just have to present paperwork for ME and wait until I get to resort to have them all uploaded. Didn't think of the problems before I ordered them. They were just so cute!

It's really easy to link purchased magic bands to your My Disney Experience account.

First log on to My Disney experience, then go to "my magic bands and cards"

At the bottom of the page you will see a button that says "link", press that

It will take you to a page that you input your purchased Magic Band ID # , found on the inside of your magic band, it will be a pretty lengthy code of numbers and letters. (Under "band ID)

After this is done you should see your Magic Bands as "linked" on your MDE under everyone's respective name

I've done this with a couple of bands from the Disney store and didn't have any issue using them for the Magical Express or accessing our room, but it wouldn't hurt to have your paperwork for the ME with you just in case.

Hope that helps!

It's really easy to link purchased magic bands to your My Disney Experience account.

First log on to My Disney experience, then go to "my magic bands and cards"

At the bottom of the page you will see a button that says "link", press that

It will take you to a page that you input your purchased Magic Band ID # , found on the inside of your magic band, it will be a pretty lengthy code of numbers and letters. (Under "band ID)

After this is done you should see your Magic Bands as "linked" on your MDE under everyone's respective name

I've done this with a couple of bands from the Disney store and didn't have any issue using them for the Magical Express or accessing our room, but it wouldn't hurt to have your paperwork for the ME with you just in case.

Hope that helps!
Perfect! Thank you so much!!

Considering a split stay for our spring trip and want to confirm this will work:
My family of four checking in Sun for four nights with room only reservation plus 7 day tix (either purchased/linked separately or as a pkg, haven't decided). Probably no dining with first half. Then meeting in laws on Thurs for three nights at a different resort, all sharing a room at AoA - ticketless pkg so we can do dining plan. Purchasing 3 day in law tix thru Disney and linking to MDE since if we did them as a pkg we'd have to buy more tix which we don't need.

Is that all ok? Mostly concerned about buying tix/linking outside of the package - don't want it to affect that. Thanks!

Planning my 12th wdw visit for this Jan/Feb. Considering our FIRST EVER split-stay. I will be reading this thread from the beginning but for now, wanted to sub to the thread. :tongue:

Considering a split stay for our spring trip and want to confirm this will work:
My family of four checking in Sun for four nights with room only reservation plus 7 day tix (either purchased/linked separately or as a pkg, haven't decided). Probably no dining with first half. Then meeting in laws on Thurs for three nights at a different resort, all sharing a room at AoA - ticketless pkg so we can do dining plan. Purchasing 3 day in law tix thru Disney and linking to MDE since if we did them as a pkg we'd have to buy more tix which we don't need.

Is that all ok? Mostly concerned about buying tix/linking outside of the package - don't want it to affect that. Thanks!

Sounds like that would work just fine! I have a split stay reservation coming up. I bought my tickets through Park Savers, and I have 2 separate resort reservations booked as a ticketless package with the dining plan. Everything looks great in MDE.

I am planning a pseudo-split stay. I have a PIN that gets me a deal for Suites at AofA. But we plan to move to the standard rooms for the other part of the stay. I assume I can just take my luggage down to desk and alert them and they can move them into my new room for me?
What about booking my trip? I planned on just doing two seperate reservations online, with one of the reservations paying for my 6 day ticket (even though I am only "staying" 2 nights, the other 4 in the standard rooms). Will that work ok?

So, we are doing a split stay Jan 30-Feb 8, 2017.
2 nites PoP
rest of the stay at CSR

QUESTIONs:
Does PoP have "Bell Services"? or some other similar service that will transfer our luggage to CSR while we go to the parks?
Also, do we HAVE to be at CSR before or around 3pm to check into our room? If we check-in later, like 8 or 9pm, will our room requests be less likely to be filled bc most others checking in on that day will already have been assigned the open rooms available? If so, would online check-in help with that?

Sorry... a "split-stay virgin" here! :o
TIA for help
I probably will have more questions.

So, we are doing a split stay Jan 30-Feb 8, 2017.
2 nites PoP
rest of the stay at CSR

QUESTIONs:
Does PoP have "Bell Services"? or some other similar service that will transfer our luggage to CSR while we go to the parks?
Also, do we HAVE to be at CSR before or around 3pm to check into our room? If we check-in later, like 8 or 9pm, will our room requests be less likely to be filled bc most others checking in on that day will already have been assigned the open rooms available? If so, would online check-in help with that?

Sorry... a "split-stay virgin" here! :o
TIA for help
I probably will have more questions.

Yes, Luggage Services at Pop will accept your luggage and deliver it to CSR.

What time you check in at CSR has zero affect on getting your requests granted. All rooms are assigned 2-3 days out.

Yes, Luggage Services at Pop will accept your luggage and deliver it to CSR.

What time you check in at CSR has zero affect on getting your requests granted. All rooms are assigned 2-3 days out.
Great! Just what I wanted to hear!
Thanks for your reply!

So I have done a split stay or two in the past. This one will be a quite different. We are travelling with friends, 4 adults, 3 teens, 2 kids and a 7 month old this summer with a split stay between two disney resorts. If we go from one resort to the next I know that transfer isn't a problem. The issue that may arise is if stay at a Universal resort for one night in between the disney resorts. In that case, can we still move some of our luggage from one disney resort to the next and leave it there overnight?

With the number of us it would be ideal if we just had overnight bags and our owners locker to take with us to the Universal resort rather then haul everything with us for the night, however I understand if we can't.

So I have done a split stay or two in the past. This one will be a quite different. We are travelling with friends, 4 adults, 3 teens, 2 kids and a 7 month old this summer with a split stay between two disney resorts. If we go from one resort to the next I know that transfer isn't a problem. The issue that may arise is if stay at a Universal resort for one night in between the disney resorts. In that case, can we still move some of our luggage from one disney resort to the next and leave it there overnight?

With the number of us it would be ideal if we just had overnight bags and our owners locker to take with us to the Universal resort rather then haul everything with us for the night, however I understand if we can't.

I asked the same question earlier in this thread & didn't get a precise answer, but a DISer shared her experience being able to leave her larger luggage at her Disney resort while she went on a short Disney Cruise & retrieved it on her return. I was going to try the same thing while we go to Universal but the difference is, I'm returning to the same resort after USO. I'm unsure about your situation if you would leave your luggage at resort #1 and transfer it upon your return to Disney property or would resort #2 understand you would be checking in a day or two after you left resort #1 & just hold it for you until you check in??

I hope you get a response from a DISer who has experienced this!

Ok....I am pretty sure I understand everything I need to after reading through this thread, but of course I just want to confirm.

My son and I are coming in one day before the rest of the family so I have one night at ASsp (RO) and then the next day we switch to CBR for 9 nights (MYW + dining).

- I declined new magic bands for the one night at ASsp, so the magic bands that we already have will work for our DME and room key?
- The next day when we switch resorts, I will need to make sure to go to the front desk and check out of ASsp so that our park tickets and dining plan will kick in?
- I just need to take our luggage to bell services at ASsp and ask them to trasfer it to CBR so we can just head to a park and not have to go to CBR first?

TIA - this thread has been very helpful for someone who has never stayed at more than one Disney resort per trip!

Ok....I am pretty sure I understand everything I need to after reading through this thread, but of course I just want to confirm.

My son and I are coming in one day before the rest of the family so I have one night at ASsp (RO) and then the next day we switch to CBR for 9 nights (MYW + dining).

1. - I declined new magic bands for the one night at ASsp, so the magic bands that we already have will work for our DME and room key?
2. - The next day when we switch resorts, I will need to make sure to go to the front desk and check out of ASsp so that our park tickets and dining plan will kick in?
3. - I just need to take our luggage to bell services at ASsp and ask them to trasfer it to CBR so we can just head to a park and not have to go to CBR first?

TIA - this thread has been very helpful for someone who has never stayed at more than one Disney resort per trip!

1. Yup.

2. Yup.

3. Yup.

Hi all,
it my have been mentioned, apologies if it has....
Got a week long stay at the beach club for the marathon in jan. Toying with a couple of nights and the grand floridian. Any body have any experiences with trying to book a split stay whilst actually at the resort? Thought maybe I could just ask concierge and see what happens...
Any prior experience would be very helpful

Can someone double check me on our upcoming split stay?

We'll be checking into resort one on a Sunday. My mother in law will be checking into her resort one on Wednesday. We're all checking into a family suite at resort two together on Thursday. My family and MILs family each have tickets attached to our first resort reservations for the duration of our WDW stay. We'll have the dining plan for Sun-Thur and then again with the Thur-Sun suite. I want to confirm:
- The tickets/first set of magic bands will work for the whole Sun-Sun stay
- Once we use all of the credits from dining plan 1 and check out of resort 1/check in to resort 2, our dining plan for the second reservation will become effective
-If I decline the second set of magic bands for both of us will the first set of bands work as room keys for second resort? For tickets the whole time?

Anything else I'm not thinking through? Thanks!

I have a hybrid kind of split stay. I found from the WDW website that if I booked each night individually I could save a total of $100. So I have a Tuesday night and a Wednesday night booked for April, each booked individually at CBR. Same resort both nights.

Will Disney make us move our stuff out and check out the first night? Or can I get Disney to link these two rooms together?

I am buying single day tickets, I assume if does not matter what reservation to link the tixs to? The park will he the second day.

I am hoping to get some feedback on my summer trip.
Currently we are booked at AK Kidani Village 1 bedroom villas. We were thinking of doing a split stay at Bonnet Creek now to save $ due to unexpected vet bills :(
We have APs and we will have a car so off site doesn't bug me but I just don't know if we should do AKV on the first half or second half of trip.
I know the thought would be go first half so you can do FP+ at 60 days out but what other benefits are there? I guess I'm leaning to AKV on the back end of the trip so we have the Disney feel as our lasting memory before we depart.

I have a hybrid kind of split stay. I found from the WDW website that if I booked each night individually I could save a total of $100. So I have a Tuesday night and a Wednesday night booked for April, each booked individually at CBR. Same resort both nights.

Will Disney make us move our stuff out and check out the first night? Or can I get Disney to link these two rooms together?

I am buying single day tickets, I assume if does not matter what reservation to link the tixs to? The park will he the second day.

You should call & ask that a request is put on both reservations to stay in the same room. There is no guarantee but they will try if you request it.

I am hoping to get some feedback on my summer trip.
Currently we are booked at AK Kidani Village 1 bedroom villas. We were thinking of doing a split stay at Bonnet Creek now to save $ due to unexpected vet bills :(
We have APs and we will have a car so off site doesn't bug me but I just don't know if we should do AKV on the first half or second half of trip.
I know the thought would be go first half so you can do FP+ at 60 days out but what other benefits are there? I guess I'm leaning to AKV on the back end of the trip so we have the Disney feel as our lasting memory before we depart.
Personally from past experience I'd recommend doing what you consider the "nicer" room/experience last. That way you are looking forward to it rather than feeling disappointed you had to leave the nicer earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter