The Trip That Finally Made My Wife Haul Off And Slug Me In The Face (COMPLETED 10/2)

I see you've wrapped it up since I left, so I'll end by saying your photos are spectacular but as you pointed out, not nearly as spectacular as the Canyon itself. It's truly amazing. Thanks for the ride, Mark. See you on the new thread. :hug:

Pretty sure you leaving was not the reason he wrapped it up. :lmao:

Yep. Mind you I probably should have taken one of a room I got to "enjoy" this trip.
Nah. Who wants to see roaches and spiders anyways.

(shudder) Well, that sounds terrifying.

Succinct and to the point. A model for all future TRs.

They'll be a lot easier to keep up with!

Not a bad view there. Although I like your later ones better. Still.... not too bad at all.

It was a good way to start the day, for sure.

Daaaannnng...

I liked Cape Royal. A lot.

Interesting perspective. I hope to be able to experience that too, some day.

It's humbling. Makes my problems seem very small, which is a good thing.

That's.... it really does look like a window!

::yes::

Or dropping off of them, I would suspect.

That is a significant downside.

Uh, huh. You've been married for 20 years. You know the rules... and the risks.

And I ignore them anyway!

Still counts.

Agreed.

Nah. Wood rot. All that moisture.

In the desert?

Huh. Never thought there'd be elevation differences. Huh.

Yeah, some points on the north rim are up to 1,000 feet higher.

That sounds really interesting. I might've done the same. Especially since I'm not a huge fan of pulled pork. I don't not like it... but I usually like other things more.

I love pulled pork at a good BBQ joint. I've got it dialed in pretty good with my smoker.

Very nice. What a great way to spend an afternoon.

It was really nice!

I guess she knows how badly you suck at that. She's smart.

Yeah, we would have starved to death, for sure.

Wow. That's just.... perfect. With a view like that... and they bring the food out to you? Heck yes!

How could anyone turn that down? Definitely better than trying to get into the dining room.

Keep trying... you'll get it.

I punted.

There ya go. Perfect.

Thanks.

I will keep it just as simple. As always.... thanks for writing. And doing it so well.

Thank you, sir. I appreciate you saying that.

I agree, and seriously I think you should seriously consider writing an actual piece of fiction maybe based on your family or not, but you constantly speak of the budget committee, and I have a feeling that you could really get something published that might allow the budget committee more flexibility. But then again you wouldn't have the time to write TRs, so forget I said anything.

Well, that's high praise! Thank you! I would LOVE to write a novel. It's a dream of mine. But I run into two big obstacles: 1) having enough free time to do that, and 2) the sheer difficulty of breaking into the industry and getting anything published. The chances of success are pretty low. TR's seem to scratch the itch for now.

Same goes for you @pkondz but consider the same logic. I'd rather have you guys on the DIS than have to pay for your books on Amazon.

Just wait till Amazon slashes the price down to $1.99. That's what I do. :rotfl2:

Oh sure. Everyone wants a freebie!

:rotfl::rotfl2:

I see you've wrapped it up since I left, so I'll end by saying your photos are spectacular but as you pointed out, not nearly as spectacular as the Canyon itself. It's truly amazing. Thanks for the ride, Mark. See you on the new thread. :hug:

Thanks, Liesa! Hope your trip was exactly what you needed and that better days are ahead. Drop me a line and let me know how you're doing.

Pretty sure you leaving was not the reason he wrapped it up. :lmao:

Are you sure?

Yep!

Maybe!

No!

Dang you!

That was exactly why. What's the point of posting chapters if Liesa isn't around?

(shudder) Well, that sounds terrifying.

Oh, there's more...

They'll be a lot easier to keep up with!

:laughing:

It's humbling. Makes my problems seem very small, which is a good thing.

I can see that. I really can.

That is a significant downside.

:laughing: I see what you did there.

And I ignore them anyway!

:eek: You're a far braver man than I am.

In the desert?

Oh! Desert... I thought it was dessert. All that whipped cream...

Yeah, some points on the north rim are up to 1,000 feet higher.

Huh!

I love pulled pork at a good BBQ joint. I've got it dialed in pretty good with my smoker.

"dialed in pretty good with my smoker"....... and you made me go out????
I see how it is.
"Oh, we'll meet with pkondz, so he writes about us... but we don't want him in our home."

How could anyone turn that down? Definitely better than trying to get into the dining room.

::yes::

I punted.

:laughing:

"dialed in pretty good with my smoker"....... and you made me go out????
I see how it is.
"Oh, we'll meet with pkondz, so he writes about us... but we don't want him in our home."

I do recall making the offer. Anyway, that appears to be the only way I will be able to buy you dinner, so whatever it takes.

"dialed in pretty good with my smoker"

I got inspired to post a few bbq photos.

I got a smoker for Christmas a couple of years ago and have been playing around with making my own bbq since then. It took some trial & error, and the results got a LOT better once I invested in a meat thermometer. Here's the basic technique:

1. The day before the cook, unwrap the meat. Here is a beef brisket:

pMb9MJWCdsLTeuuRFvUDcGptoMIpKt8m4SEoilASsPne8KkYPgllGGUTh5zheC0NKqaRXd6AhO_3SNDRt1aZMhIRrFeQl9EyFt8MY_rgDEB3GbyZOEdoDBZWv3TwCdHsIo_61jcJs600OnvFMJDz8R8OfS1zjXDFqDy84JJgxqfxRMPUsbcD4Ms_7ACV98MzH0lwy8JXBhMz5-0s3EESnV0nzWR5db5uddBYoz8GVPRtfu9fyTIzbvN5PX_X-iMK7jGKXjtaixAw45adERv9f59Qat9ZhW-wmjwd3UMX_-QMo-2H7d172B8sAinu1PqjEiUBDPqyPMXlfo4li16wSQpQtp16ZMWurfOssYLlacots8Za3rT0_86enMUyWGrYuLU5X9z0949lCNbVJKGbpeLsEopmAkMOmzJcjlNy5Vc1k1mbTQ-C0fCwdQ4IloZZstG0fOdSEzsvYkrNp045CgKzvpxeMlheEmrhsKvFnbpTLpoXxZ-qmMk4S9nwGSfBNWbqSGy8Yayj9of0GLz4YJSxY7u2WFLFZO7F47vOoVCaeH-q2UzMXCucFJy8iJc3s7d2xknax3tvplGjEQAsWIMfYLoaNo3EB_TQxRUUxVZMAlDVU7GhaSQbkWhHsMmC=w1050-h787-no

And a pork shoulder. Costco-size.

9cz1S9L_xgsAE-CdJLCT2c7ZSdOnViUMClKztBylSAtBOhTMePPph0Qtx5pO2dR-2TwmNmd3noMkPz1CqjVw0SCmQCTGNhT7DnyRPSTGsRb-aOAOqOsBYdWYliCF4erI3Xz99do0FASWeunrLZlukycuYcbtkzcYbpU9JQolreYDbujkQClAqgr9LCDz-hfAzEOHtiXEMHlLP0F7obkB8YemxF4rCwrUSs2RE9aEPhDMoRZ1rq2vAl3pDaXkv9wnhj5wQPMdi4WleLAAWzY6KFXoId9swCN2J8HLB9d-whTFA04jdhZ7jeICDgpUQZomCMTCZ62T3hLRfPaPRsxkYjsBGAgxVTd5fixa3gzgWr8RMvnZA9HiapJGtwQrWRVqxTRv2AIX4Lr-oX1GzDvfzCrGfNrELxcsxPf-BJN12PjT_CqQLXhi8nxwMv9jiICo7hv5YsCwJ_mAQDpHuxl0u1vhVKxIgU8IMnW0sWVM4SxWPdY4tzrRYzQZwZW055vC55nbqzuy3C7-9DNHlsxiDkLzsvqcigi8Ww2-UDSs1-PW4qeKqpeTt-KaqBUTDCza_yWV47pzdw0Ygo3-tZTqKvwjKZfSQw4Ob8rKDIVdJ8-bTP7h4zPhUU20nyxhNoqO=w1050-h787-no

2. Next, trim the excess fat.

Od4vU-TBBRynqI3EJTBRSZb0q2OxyqqlixD3b5uY3lf2qEuX85b2bUwOfxN2EkTajhItTDgNsnPVd5Jo3YGxo3Vkiw3ESweRCy4qXjjNMJSHC10AG7u0mt4d7jlNeV2rbFs20Y-snelilpxHl6dv4PxBU0-w3FJ_sgpTDed7Mw1DAUPEBRmhKPBNm4w-w_4eSPSkBxLsooXUNrCVszJtF41nH5ZexHbb2hpt0Feu0zEnYgdzn0OcQHsjBnPdrthrsqfjiNpiClfQyCZBiBC33t_U97PymdKcfPUfE0_SPOMhDsa5uha7N6TE1aea3N_C3Yhna4vYsbQt-1yPF-md6oA_aquD51nh3iAQsNCVxgjhZYWvcsSRNIq6R0Gp4Zf9CqoHkNloGVoxIA-k31JSzumWnbEPoN4Z5NLCS7ob4lHCwWRiD6llfkgimegAMs0GiSpTakOz-hb9IaQQcZ7XIVKYn1lhWBeioZB6GlZMMLq1G8WQnFstOMHpPdY6uSb0alWNnm5MjG_-Y4oLjZ-htwp6lAK3-67u6JHP1QSIoYAd9HLkEd09sc0Y5FhLlRdJgQH5MYcgGm4un3iL1w6dzDLPZWC6emSPoQJMKS2BpfLPIgaspGz5GQddBlJe8rwx=w1050-h787-no

JDuhDvUBzSBnuPnS4owsSuZsCMhGbpfagvia4JLQELsPruPlK29AoyWFKLoPAz4rczekVMhMkGhQSoLj50oNIZP5uuRTJvy3BS88RaJVc_StpB6W834y4Wzo5wdHu8HhvG1weoSZvmn_fF_rt7YkdDtbf89toSbGxXl6aWZdgOfcmq7Of-zqwQdZsCGv-HHkBj1AHhEFJvdEXRoMlKSE_l-_r2rT3ov73yXhVWqnOS_DYA0-PgSn6ewggIZCsqlsBmCtg3sEBAj0pW8S6BRz2jbMgJwnXRBwk9UfXOWOJEyw1xeELtZoUOfoZNF7TBatic5_4JwZDnWHiNsimIEuJQ3ghF9BwOrfOLL9saf7l4ZJzumGYVIL3EInuoO4wIF_WTWxoLNrTqxmSLRHFySiOhXEodb3q5gdDichgIaFrVDv_NidtA52D6fwnQvn0AthxXrf2kVYXSroUdYoY553oSap02ZFNdkytJB4HGFizeOLN027rHuAj5d3ebH5d-IzCCPNoFAe2cvnVtRGWhxGqosJFlzxEoMl68F4TYOFmPJ3ZY0nEWBIbLGWVdF8QE77DYio2-LoLm2yM59icgad6zxc1FrUj_fABVF2oEHz-M9jm-pEqK7-uQcs7Vdlgz0i=w1050-h787-no

3. Now add liberal helpings of salt. This will be absorbed by the meat for flavor.

ku_Su-hgeA59HUjLyEyZPLDaWsFQI7eBNSqEMyHlI8grxlt6U8WdOgyxFyCcWaqHteCYLAKa8H_x6ZcefKvtI8K1HKWStgCkhBQgiG06yIKSpxB3sD1p3TbUJT1lb358HqOXOBjI3uC5txn8o7BPPCyXhpNQ61uRJtKEYk7tzUv_TgaanQbQcHqGRz1QQr9v0o34sczRkEBqdg3yt0rdLFu6yYRO72yRD2-mCF1J_dH084OP4xJ-MPoS85x4j2Gk05lHLVV339spBdqkEQKkivOXCAyiNSzpvV33Oy_xIKQXuVNYiltiMWtt9JUT2RIeOVaMWADvnO-0rWmMs8juYxHdNlkGj7QlySBWKcGqbWvYY6fZL3YRIdsy88xbLqMYjwiExFaLsihJPOBatx9DsyoD__3aoHJ1vq6Bn-1hNUFS6PzYXAi2evgTQTCEjFTeFSTJmAClYlaqHwUStKPg5MszZoNXHIJMaMAB0hPLl4543gWyXu3kijvJ35mqpsyLlAbifg3HyrkYFFWiUU7Z0ywcsRq1bttxTMK1D2G7f5eyHqKlqhiPpJAH-n_QExCcTnZ1FSItJED3qk5Bv549wPGJHJDQCoR2tNcMSHj7aCBZjRie1ZpOFqtl0sXPlar1=w1050-h787-no

MYEOBvpS-ngXK2grwMIgrRIWLLzxDpaMFCCgadJAKhtB7zz9UY5n27ncytGR8krmImeyCFW1OspAwC5fYv_LrCgIUksKEGSJgzgY_4cUGN4NR98vI5VDGJ7rbZHfBlwTKALC1EHnUe1KHcpnDQvQS5FUSdguqW6IgAmos6EPZFU4o4L5jHXb_nrJqExnBid1chYjTvCBLOk78riGqbg8XO4-FOa54nAzl6o_kYxGnrSxr9Rp4tSLL9WGSsadmp7xcJZnG7cmR3UBZ9xHg_wwlB67CJGQhrwqVRfLMHY-xu-ZIxkJXcJUzdRYo-H3gQTLoZjR15pcxYnxwzilbqpo6yqcRN97MC4jxV8frQ8WwLdVpRWgOs9NuPTMe1iYKpVQWbZJ46oGfk4OrxqWW1Ot2p4gL9VeCNhPz8wxNJZHcGtP8U_y8PUS3AhLWlCabn6ulLu7GlQZh1Blnd3gx397MnT3yq9qwJWOktPOHNTzebyAGsJjfcycCtvdkmX7rWwo4Yc1w-htNYBZYDFQ1wD8bgqGGUfE_za20BypOoAGnOWxSLWBAiheN7sSm4PeOc_yNgqoNpjsb26aW4aK8QUJiEcRgczTdijlkRtHu_gqomXNuvELJ7ywfJkY0StkREqK=w1050-h787-no

4. Now apply the desired rub. For beef, true Texans use only cracked black pepper. I am not a Texan. I use a coffee rub I found at Lowe's for both the brisket and pork. I've tried a couple other rubs but I keep coming back to this one. The rub is what gives you a nice bark on the outside of the meat.

s7XQcmGHc2qRZvSqiwY4XHHrfCIB9Pw7xTGNY_wHkH9OF91fj3q55dhw1jIxQBXoQuGqy_rWKN5_eMfVNEuFZT2042vSFfipgWhaERNow0hy63bTA_1Q4WbpGGKwjpVNw9pyUZwJ5pur22mZ2XfpZvg9ZH_H5hIV7XDCJBuGt9o15nNh94WjmYex-vNRmlIXJE1HgzTpIuFHfDn7JJA_wcmmVl1wImE0q5DUiQuyw2D1sH9Bxmo3K2M3aB6VVX1Rhheyk5j-Cw2DMp_gpMhB-QtyvmFGMnxXGJZtUN00oQzyg_iRM0XVNDZag1sNrtMDmgFXhrbOSmNbsXY1two17PGeiKDTCI60CeiP_pUwqSq4ljiTdivotypelLgtuLTGzl5ZHm17W_TgIFJ5f5KIOzmmcM0UJDcOkcAq63wmXUsOauPoExwxJ6vmBJwXWjpcQ1v-XXfVS-1lFrkA528-p9j4GjZl5Qvo_jkPg0TazWsPckQ9SmictqzCDe3hVcJnHy3-4hKbYkfo0rB7ZSTFq6_NtdDMXPa0tvITRCCUOQY3CTgdUL1cYpxMpmQj0li4oM3iII3R_zHPIe0QDAwq3og7cumS8ZcFyu66pwWAC55lbCOEfP82-yNdjH7uDAZT=w1050-h787-no

l2OXWiKHw0ULWUMwqgI7zZbiMomsPXDGK-G0Ri75FbSQb-RguWnWxpBGMyrWhMyjcUbViqKM4BQtzPI3YaNZPMpqomvWBaBuSkP5rY2n2ZKWBZhSnyurdFGGiDmeyY6RuUuBG8wnITtb8C4dDkm2U3H_iH_6f-AK3Cw4IJMX8Mt5VI2tcbhwxaaoUVhYBKn4kZlZj4Ax8eoHofueY8v3E7AeOERhVkH4qQPjSnf6hmtAA4kMJmLFsZiIZ_9_RnRM0XviTTK1Z6yurmfK6B0RKL6v3lxCEe1yDHsOWnZz6QTHKhzm2OxcbhJ7P1D2gkOxL-w18xVydP7gMI8Z49xpEqFXGi6gVFmB_7AtmknzT16NaWNyzh_DE1mdSEZlPyA3hqezJljcfvIlmG6Pz61QOSoq9ErdQ78MxJrLMwXfiQoInYDgguCLw4vrcqBktQ1EvrZQG0iAaeiUyaATeupVK4iijoIv0PZnYrDxuv8YAxA3LmTJKl1UnQAy0F6PUK2XrRu7jbreP72XVLtKqlX8vPLsTjVJ4fR30DxcDsx_CEMrnxqKp9NenAqyB5nSPl4KRVuZPk76vZ6kM3mj7cvFvrYyY2Uvx9ZeGDbJfmk-gz-E2Df51Sl4J4ZqbZN72Vlp=w1050-h787-no

5. Now it's ready to smoke. I put it in the fridge to sit overnight and absorb salt/rub.

6. Early in the morning, I'll fire up the smoker at 225 degrees F. Put the meat in, insert meat thermometers, and let her go. I have the cheapest, crappiest electric smoker you can get. I needed something idiot-proof for my first attempt, and this one controls the temperature for you. You place a pan of water underneath the meat to keep moisture in the air, and there's a tray to periodically insert wood chips that sit right over the burner. I usually soak the wood chips overnight to make sure they produce smoke while burning (not sure if that really makes a difference). If I'm cooking brisket and pork at the same time, I'll use hickory chips. Apple wood if it's pork alone.

7. About halfway through the cook (say, noon), I'll wrap the meats in foil and put them back in the smoker. This is called a "crutch" and speeds up the cook so I don't have to start it at 2 a.m. At this point in the day, the moisture in the meat is condensing on the surface and cooling it back down--it's called the "stall". It'll look like the meat is going to stay at 155F forever. Wrapping in foil helps power through the stall so it will cook faster. Most of the smoky flavor is absorbed in the first half of the cook, so you don't have to worry about losing flavor this way.

8. Pull the meats and wrap in foil and then a towel, and let them rest in a cooler for 30-60 minutes.

9. Serve to the admiration of your guests. Beef:

vueQofeEs0hXEVXQvvpZRGffXJtWEODi2xVWj-nhyTNJsE69e4jgltA2-1WsMBwmLMtJD26_6NCl1KFs2dPmEghzMa-9WbJjORwjbrPPoJ96dqSOnTEx7mG8kYZvtp43UneL34zYeMC62MCI0FaEU8XR0YVb_xSqOzIkhPTZHRC88g8EX9Sk-5Of90ghP7p1hh3aeQumL-zv7vlzT33ef5sZe47hYa2v6SGI5MKnDAEKHkaQNJLlHv15aQXM7V9Aq34WqRjF8NJSUi2T50Dv-Jh0bYdCht9M38NOndmmGOtJjqUCAncft31SBW9OBuphkZyWUHrMApj-ZNKWxX57I-BOR2dHAnuVIPvYzgG_J7NFVuq1xrwmQv38O_cLdAY9a0F1v2IIg2xEYqKUs9z8pL5Q2g439Jn83w3wT6UXTboeTieLGsusiLIOstlJL4_YT15wteKBQcv0-g-mriTcYaRq-lrXiuEYDVmGkZxiLm6NplM0J40mggIRTgL_82QA8VkSs2WYvuUdOsVLfx7SLngDhe96MAA2o4EGQL35oQ8m3rUTMAikIak5QLSv7SQRKnUVlKHRn0xKZ3tT0ooNWpdbDIVRMGaEqdbGu0NKv_NbmSuveq2Rj7REbfviSOl5=w1050-h787-no

Pork:

p80wdfTzbAYqUdwZ6JBLfJmSRPuRC5dgEEWEDdJHaBxqyBVSXSr8LOux2aYnyhw_yGjcJt7oXFzKFj5VQMwkPz4P685ABGvfLR0VyefNQ5bmHeZgx5-vNCfPYxzWxRz6cTx868x0i_LwXwYWlXAtG2BBOqEDmls-EUg0lL9hb0XSjTic2XLTfOwkAo1kawfzhOvIp4-ZycH1QFfJEZ2tKpe98s-tcZ3f0POCKsOE33ukBRyIAWKERWg7B7_zLSxChKK60cZNzAMBcQeJupW-PFVMhSRGjAqGkgMA7fmh1GacCB6mE-0MzHQOAgdR-tMy0qNy-PB9FYm7sh0rOVvbwG_mzu-xfSzI8OgY_-YmjKLWq_rhizCCWC4hzwfnNKkEXp3-mH5xsYFhBUok9eKWII-k3obBTe8YqdiI5pEO-6xufII8mTZfJsk2vlVpJrDu3szyb2w5lZ5vwsVMoPQUG2-7DaaAMLPv_er1Isl11QaYkC_UblQttg5K-I_oipWQVVUAaFDxSD_9vD583-HECYQX-kSlwnUn0PuUrjMIKvrovifF7lqzhbF4GZzbrcQfjH-fZz_bTO9lScISW0rIf5d8zGBz76DKmvnFpmgwnymK1yYUsevodCEE8n-34VnP=w1050-h787-no

You'll notice I don't get a pink "smoke ring" like famous bbq joints. That's because I'm using an electric smoker. The heating element provides the heat, so there's no actual combustion taking place. That's what produces a smoke ring. It still tastes good, though.

Daaaang….

I must say I'm pretty impressed with your knowledge and technique. I don't have a smoker. I imagined that it was all just, put on the rub and throw it in the smoker for hours.
And it all looks pretty darn good, too!

:worship:

Daaaang….

I must say I'm pretty impressed with your knowledge and technique. I don't have a smoker. I imagined that it was all just, put on the rub and throw it in the smoker for hours.
And it all looks pretty darn good, too!

:worship:

Thanks! I did a lot of reading to try and improve. I learned a lot by following the techniques on this website.

Forgot to mention that you're shooting for an internal temp around 200 F by the end. I don't always get there before dinner time, though.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying it. I'd like to ultimately get one of those wood pellet smokers to try. The electronics on my smoker tend to overheat and crap out, which is annoying. But you get what you pay for.

Thanks! I did a lot of reading to try and improve. I learned a lot by following the techniques on this website.

Forgot to mention that you're shooting for an internal temp around 200 F by the end. I don't always get there before dinner time, though.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying it. I'd like to ultimately get one of those wood pellet smokers to try. The electronics on my smoker tend to overheat and crap out, which is annoying. But you get what you pay for.
I've got my eye on a Traeger...
I may be calling you for pointers if/when that happens. :)

Of course... it doesn't help that my oldest is trying pescatarian for a year.

:faint:

But... but.... but.... meat tastes good!

I've got my eye on a Traeger...
I may be calling you for pointers if/when that happens. :)

I've been researching them as well. Actually, that website I linked to above has reviews of various smokers. They recommended this one for wood pellets:

Camp Chef smoker

It's also a little cheaper than the comparable Traeger so I'm checking that out as well.

Of course... it doesn't help that my oldest is trying pescatarian for a year.

:faint:

But... but.... but.... meat tastes good!

Seriously! Plants are living things, too! How come no one fights for them?

On the other hand...more meat for you.

I've been researching them as well. Actually, that website I linked to above has reviews of various smokers. They recommended this one for wood pellets:

Camp Chef smoker

It's also a little cheaper than the comparable Traeger so I'm checking that out as well.

Hmmmm.... tempting. The price is certainly a lot better... but then again I have a Traeger dealer nearby. Hmmm.....

Seriously! Plants are living things, too! How come no one fights for them?

On the other hand...more meat for you.

:laughing: I've had the same thought!

Hmmmm.... tempting. The price is certainly a lot better... but then again I have a Traeger dealer nearby. Hmmm.....

And Traeger is the one brand name we've heard of!

Are we going to see you on Pit Masters one day? That meat looks really good.

Oh, I doubt I'll ever be that good. It sure is fun to try, though. This was a big hit at our Super Bowl party last February.

I saw those listed as well, with pretty good reviews overall. I do believe they're a little pricier.
Yeah, when I've looked at them, the price deterred me. Also, since I don't grill or smoke often enough, couldn't justify the expense to myself. I've had many different things done on them and they've always been fantastic and I know several friends who have them and absolutely love 'em. Maybe some day.

Wow lookit you getting all fancy with the BBQ! We have a wood smoker and an electric and both just sit in the garage. I just don't have time.

Yeah, when I've looked at them, the price deterred me. Also, since I don't grill or smoke often enough, couldn't justify the expense to myself. I've had many different things done on them and they've always been fantastic and I know several friends who have them and absolutely love 'em. Maybe some day.

I don't break out the smoker a ton, just because it's a production to set it up (I keep it in the garage). But I enjoy the process and the results. I just want to get a smoker that doesn't keep crapping out on me due to cheap electronics.

Wow lookit you getting all fancy with the BBQ! We have a wood smoker and an electric and both just sit in the garage. I just don't have time.

You know I love my BBQ! It's been fun to learn how to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!