"The Stormtrooper Killed My Cupcake!" - An August 2016 TR *5/12 x2!*

Day 6, Part 2: "But that ain't none of my business..."

Outside, I had to stop at my favorite picture spot.

026_zpsbwokg1cv.jpg

Then we made our way into the Pin Store, so that we could look around.

027_zpsbis4byym.jpg

Sometimes I'm Daisy, sometimes I'm Donald.

We noticed that there were some people waiting by the pin board that is only open sometimes, we wondered if that meant it would open soon and decided that we would wait to see if it did while looking around.

It did end up opening and we were quick to jump in line to do some pin trading.

028_zpslal6fjup.jpg

After we'd done some, we continued onward.

029_zpsbeg2vxnd.jpg

We went into Once Upon a Toy looking for a Mr. Potato Head for Marie's co-worker.

By that point, we were getting hungry so we headed to one of our favorite places.

030_zpsbtj4d9zp.jpg

We placed our order, got some water and took a seat.

031_zpsbhf6gz1q.jpg

I also did my best impression of Kermit drinking some tea.

032_zpsn5cnalea.jpg

Then my barbecue chicken pizza arrived.

034_zps51nzdgpg.jpg

But it was too hot to eat.

033_zpsiavx1c4f.jpg

Meanwhile, Marie got a chicken caesar salad.

With our tummies full, we went back to shopping.

035_zps8grq2pak.jpg

Wandering into the kitchen store where Marie and I fought the urge to buy everything.

036_zpsb7tacf4z.jpg

We looked at Tren-D without buying anything.

And then we headed into the Marketplace Co-Op to get Marie a new Vera Bradley using the gift card we had gotten that morning, which should have covered the whole thing. Only, when they swiped it we only had $50 on it.

The cast member was actually more upset about it than we were when we told her, and she insisted in calling her manager to try and help us.

We went to the nearby DVC stand and they sorted it out by placing some calls, after which we were told that we had to go to the DVC center in the Springs. Which, considering how hot it was and how much we had wanted to leave, this was not welcome news.

Since we wanted to sort it out though, we knew we'd have to make the walk.

And so we did.

037_zpsosg48cow.jpg

Past the Lego Store.

038_zps83m9kggp.jpg

Past Nessie.

039_zpsdlzt6wgw.jpg

And into the new section.

Admittedly, it's gorgeous over there.

040_zpsdkosubef.jpg

041_zpshb9eqvyp.jpg

Look at the fountain.

042_zpstvd7vw3a.jpg

At the beautiful water.

043_zpsuflpjkne.jpg

At the Alex and Ani store we didn't want to go into.

044_zpselj3mc3q.jpg

They did so well on this.

045_zpswzg5lasr.jpg

If it wasn't a million degrees and directly in the sun, we might have enjoyed it much more.

We went inside the DVC building, where they offered us water while they got us another $50 gift card. We drank the water, took the gift card and made our way back into the scorching sun.

046_zpseoxjsfpc.jpg

We waved to Sprinkles and then continued on.

Used to the old layout, we made our way all the way back to the marketplace where we thought that the buses would be. That's not the case anymore.

Thus, we decided just to take the boat back to the resort.

048_zpsgs3yha1x.jpg

I took a picture of the fountains first.

047_zpsydtzsb5q.jpg

And then we got on the boat to make the trip back to Riverside.

049_zpse98pgrmv.jpg

Waving to the boat at Saratoga.

050_zpsggkgin2r.jpg

And the treehouses.

Click for next post

Last edited:
sounds like a bit of an ordeal with the gift cards, but glad it worked out in the end - and sitting through a tour of something you are considering buying into anyway and getting a Vera Bradley bag in the end seems like a pretty good deal all in all

That's great you ran into Santos and got to chat with him!

The new area of Disney Spring really does look pretty - though fairly confident I will never step foot in any of the stores

I'm Donald 90% of the time - I'm only ever Daisy in Disney lol.

Oh man, that was quite the ordeal for a second $50 gift card. And having to trek all the way over> . It seems unnecessary, but who knows how they have things set up. Disney Springs is gorgeous though! We did a couple of things there last year but I haven't gotten to see it since everything fully opened. Maybe October!

sounds like a bit of an ordeal with the gift cards, but glad it worked out in the end - and sitting through a tour of something you are considering buying into anyway and getting a Vera Bradley bag in the end seems like a pretty good deal all in all
Yeah, it was great to get the bag out of it, but the hassle kinda sucked.

That's great you ran into Santos and got to chat with him
It was awesome.

The new area of Disney Spring really does look pretty - though fairly confident I will never step foot in any of the stores
Very beautiful, but yeah, I doubt we'll buy anything over there.

I'm Donald 90% of the time - I'm only ever Daisy in Disney lol.
I'm usually Donald too, but sometimes at Daisy even :P

Oh man, that was quite the ordeal for a second $50 gift card. And having to trek all the way over> . It seems unnecessary, but who knows how they have things set up. Disney Springs is gorgeous though! We did a couple of things there last year but I haven't gotten to see it since everything fully opened. Maybe October!
Yeah, they were apologetic about it when they sent us over that way. I'll love to explore it more thoroughly at a later time, but hopefully on my own terms.

Yeah, it was great to get the bag out of it, but the hassle kinda sucked.

It was awesome.

Very beautiful, but yeah, I doubt we'll buy anything over there.

I'm usually Donald too, but sometimes at Daisy even :P

Yeah, they were apologetic about it when they sent us over that way. I'll love to explore it more thoroughly at a later time, but hopefully on my own terms.

It seems you made the best of it. I don't let Disney make me trek all over the place. Either they fix it where I am or they go fix it for me. Sorry you had that trouble.

It seems you made the best of it. I don't let Disney make me trek all over the place. Either they fix it where I am or they go fix it for me. Sorry you had that trouble.

Sometimes I am very insistent about things but a lot of times I'm not. I always feel bad for people who have to give me bad news, so I'm usually really easy to pacify if they are doing what they can. Like, if a person is being rude to me or not trying to help, I get a lot more strict about it, but otherwise, I'm gonna help. Plus, whenever I feel like I'm getting something extra, I can never be too demanding. I'd be so easy to take advantage of, to be honest.

We'd been offered a $50 gift card in park when talking and had set it up, only to find a letter in our room with a $100 gift card offer to do the tour. So, we definitely went ahead and did so.

Sweet!

After the short ride over to Saratoga, we were led inside where we were told that we could help ourselves to a few snacks and drinks.

Never say no to free snacks.

We asked to be dropped over at the French Quarter because we knew that we wanted to get some of those delicious beignets they serve over that way.

I've heard of the beignets there, but have yet to (until your photo!) even see them.

We admired the beautiful lobby, which made us miss being at our Disney home. Or, one of our Disney homes. We still love you, All Star Sports.

:laughing:

a few minutes later he came over to tell me that a lady had seen me get the cookie, and since cookies weren't officially supposed to be served for another 15 minutes he lied and said that I was his boss and therefore needed to get the cookie.

You so should have taken advantage of that!
"Now get me a complete meal and be quick about it!"

mmmmm!!

And checking out the new splash zone area.

Oh! Didn't know they had done that.

Quite possibly the slowest slide in all of Disney.

and were heading back to catch the boat over to Disney Springs.

I loved that perk when we stayed at POR.

As it turned out, it was only really 10 minutes later that another boat came and we were allowed to board.

Not bad.

Then we decided to do something that we had never done before and go over to Goofy's Candy Company. I know, it's crazy that we hadn't been before,

Actually... I've never been there either!

Before deciding that we were each going to customize our own rice krispie treat.

Exactly what I would do, too.

Outside, I had to stop at my favorite picture spot.

Cute.
But why didn't you warn Pooh that he was spilling his honey?

Sometimes I'm Daisy, sometimes I'm Donald.

Sometimes you go pantsless. Got it.

We noticed that there were some people waiting by the pin board that is only open sometimes

Why is it only open sometimes?

We went into Once Upon a Toy looking for a Mr. Potato Head for Marie's co-worker.

Find one?

By that point, we were getting hungry so we headed to one of our favorite places.

Another place that I need to get to.

I also did my best impression of Kermit drinking some tea.

And that's not easy! (being green)

Then my barbecue chicken pizza arrived

That looks good!

But it was too hot to eat.

Awww... poor l'il Amber.

033_zpsiavx1c4f.jpg

Meanwhile, Marie got a chicken caesar salad.

Are you sure? Where's the chicken?

Wandering into the kitchen store where Marie and I fought the urge to buy everything.

I know that feeling!! Those stores are evil!

Only, when they swiped it we only had $50 on it.

Oh, for...

We went to the nearby DVC stand and they sorted it out by placing some calls, after which we were told that we had to go to the DVC center in the Springs. Which, considering how hot it was and how much we had wanted to leave, this was not welcome news.

:sad2: But I guess they couldn't just take your word for it. Still.... pain in the...

Awww... The mommy dragon is licking clean her little horsey.

At the Alex and Ani store we didn't want to go into.

Why? I don't know what that is.
Because you don't like it? Or you'd spend too much money?

Sometimes I am very insistent about things but a lot of times I'm not. I always feel bad for people who have to give me bad news, so I'm usually really easy to pacify if they are doing what they can. Like, if a person is being rude to me or not trying to help, I get a lot more strict about it, but otherwise, I'm gonna help. Plus, whenever I feel like I'm getting something extra, I can never be too demanding. I'd be so easy to take advantage of, to be honest.

I understand your thinking, but I think for me, it comes down to Disney politics. Disney held itself to a higher standard as to what set them apart from any of the competition. We as consumers and guests, came to expect that higher standard and justified the higher prices Disney vacations carry because of that. I refuse to let them slip.

Quick Update on Amber's behalf

She meant to update the trip report one more time before we leave, but she seems to have gotten a virus on her laptop. It'll have to wait to get checked until after our return.

She then proceeded to lock herself out of her DIS account, because she didn't remember which variation of her password she uses. Hence my updating.

In any case, she will be back with updates in a couple of weeks!

Okay, thanks for letting us know, Marie.
And good luck to Amber with the laptop.

Have a great trip you guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter