The Steakhouse - reviews

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
This table service restaurant is located in Disney Village in the middle.
It is reminiscent of Chicago meat warehouse and elegantly laid out with white table clothes.
Steak features highly on the menu.
American style brunch with characters is offered on a Sunday. Booking is advisable.

45513DLRP_Christmas_2005_A_058_450_x_600_.jpg

45513DLRP_Christmas_2005_A_057_600_x_450_.jpg

45513157_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

45513159_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

45513158_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

Okay as previously announced we are hoping the boards can help :goodvibes If you have photographs of the restaurant and the food. If you have eaten here and can write a review. Even a couple of lines of what you liked, things to watch out for.. would be appreciated if you posted below :)

August 2005

We made our way to the Steakhouse in the Village where we had a reservation for the character brunch. Another superb buffet!!! And even better, unlimited drinks!!! :drinking1 There was a glass of champagne on arrival and unlimited wine or juice to help yourself to. Not that I overindulged of course! ;)

Yet again the character interaction was great. We were visited by Pinocchio, Mickey, Goofy and Captain Hook. Pinocchio was full of mischief. Danielle accidently marked his white glove with blue ink as she was passing him her pen, he got very indignant and drew on her arm to pay her back! This had us all in stitches! Then he wanted to wear Francesca’s tiara!

45513DSCF0178_600_x_450_.jpg

45513DSCF0177_600_x_450_.jpg

I was the only one brave enough to have my photo taken with Captain Hook, however he refused to pose unless I held his hook! :rotfl2:

45513Elaine_with_Captain_Hook_Aug_2005_450_x_600_.jpg

I would definitely recommend this Character brunch. Unfortunately it is only on a Sunday so I will make sure we are staying over a weekend on our trip next summer!

August 2006

We arrived at the Steakhouse for our brunch at 1pm. We had really enjoyed it here last time and it was just as good second time around. There were plenty of starters to choose from, including snails :eek: :eek: and lots of main courses and delicious desserts PLUS unlimited wine and beer! :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1
The characters we saw were Mickey, Minnie, Tigger and Pluto. :mickeyjum ::MinnieMo :tigger: pluto:

45513154_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

45513156_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

45513152_DLRP_Christmas_2005_D_and_Aug_2006_600_x_450_.jpg

We love the character brunch here and so long as we are at DLRP on a Sunday it will become a tradition for us.

Great photos Elaine :thumbsup2

Remember folks if you have photographs and/or experiences please add them below so that these FAQ's become a useful resource :)

We went to the brunch a week later. We had a great time there was an enormous choice of food. All the hot and cold breaksaft things you can think of. Then there was also a hot and cold lunch area.
There puddings were mostly minatures so you could try a lot of different things.
The character interaction early on was really good as we were one of the few tables. Later on they concentrated on the tables with smaller children. This is certainly a meal we will repeat.

we ate here last week, and a thought it to be a lovely resturant. The resturant interior was nice, we liked the big open space.
Staff were very helpfull and helped me choose my wine. food was lovely, and steak was cooked to our request. It was nicely cooked, not to tough and nice and tendor.
DD kids meal was good, she had fish which she liked.
Unfortnatly we did not try dessert as we were full,(to many cookies that day) however we will defently go back on our next visit to DLP.

How much does the brunch cost? At what time does it start? Thanks!

Hi Ware Bears, wonderful pictures! It seems like you had a great time at The Steakhouse. How much is the Brunch and where can I make a reservation? Thank you!

Thank you! I think it was about 34 euros per adult (obviously less for children). You can either book it when you get there or up to 60 days in advance on 00 33 1 60 30 40 50.

Bread rolls:

P1020553.jpg

Ceasar Salad:

P1020566.jpg

Bisque:

P1020567.jpg

Beef fricassee (it had a fancier name though):

P1020569.jpg

Steak with pepper sauce, we asked for a baked potato instead of fries:

P1020568.jpg

Giant After Eight Pastry:

P1020572.jpg

I have noticed that the menu was not what can be found on dlpfoodguide, so I took pictures of the current menu:

P1020555.jpg

P1020556.jpg

P1020557.jpg

P1020558.jpg

P1020559.jpg

P1020560.jpg

P1020561.jpg

P1020562.jpg

P1020563.jpg

P1020564.jpg

P1020565.jpg

Sandra. if you send them your photos they will upgrade their site. I always take photos and email them.

Thanks for posting menu. It all looks delicious - my mouth is watering. Think we may give this a try in Summer

We ate here on Sunday 23rd December 2007. I don't know why I didn't take any photos of the food - darn, means I'll have to go again to rectify that. :lmao:

SSL13694Small.jpg

We ate at 12.30 and despite being a very busy day at the Park, it was quiet when we got in the Steakhouse. Tigger and Mr Smee were already doing the rounds of the tables.

SSL13692Small.jpg

There was complementary champers for those who drink it and wine, water and juice as well. The choice of food was really impressive with plenty of starters and mains and desserts to choose from.

Tigger and Pluto came out a bit later.

SSL13696Small.jpg

We weren't at all hurried and this was a lovely end to our holiday - highly recommend it. The price for the 2 of us, with discount was 54.40 Euros

Well, you can tell we liked it as we went back again. :)
This visit was on Sunday February 17 and we were booked for 12.30, but got there early and were seated with no problems.

We noticed that lots of people there were French and many of them seemed to know the staff, which seems to be a good sign - if the locals will eat there, then I reckon it must be alright.

I hadn't realised last time that there was such a choice of drinks included in the price - red wine, white wine, water, coke and fruit juice.

The starters included couscous, coleslaw, potato salad, mozarella and tomato, Italian cold meats, whelks, prawns, smoked salmon, mussels, bread rolls and butter.

SSL13882Small.jpg

Main courses were rice and green beans, dauphinois potatoes, chips, roast beef, liver in sauce, chicken drumsticks, chicken nuggets, bacon, sausages and spiced fish fillets.

SSL13888Small.jpg

Desserts included loads of cakes and gateaux, doughnuts, pastries, chocolate fondue, yoghurts and fruit tarts.

SSL13893Small.jpg

SSL13891Small.jpg

SSL13890Small.jpg

SSL13889Small.jpg

Everything we ate was delicious and unfortunately it tempts you to eat too much. I was practically waddling as I left there.:rolleyes1

Of course - how could I forget to mention the characters? They were out a lot - we saw 4 different characters - and they were very playful. One teenage girl was blindfolded by Goofy and then dragged, in her chair, backwards across half the restaurant. She was hysterical with laughter.So were the rest of her group who did nothing to help her.:rotfl2:

SSL13883Small.jpg

The bill for 2 adults and 1 child was 80 Euros before discount.

If you are there on a Sunday you should give this place a try.

We ate here twice on our trip two weeks ago because we really liked it for dinner. Definitely make reservations for a weekend night, the line was LONG if you didn't have them. On Monday night, we walke right in at park closing and got a table right away without a reservation.

The food was very good and the place DOES look like Chicago (I live within 100 miles of the real Chicago.) My only complaint would be that all the steak knives were really dull and that made it seem like the steak was tough when it wasn't. It was just very hard to cut! The first night, I purposely did not order what the woman at the table next to me was eating because I saw her sawing away at the steak and needing her husband to help her cut it. Once I got my own steak, I realized what the problem was.

how much is the sunday character brunch please ?

looked on the foodguide but doesnt say ?
and wine / drinks are inc is that correct ?

how much is the sunday character brunch please ?

looked on the foodguide but doesnt say ?
and wine / drinks are inc is that correct ?

Reading back through the thread -Below is what ppl have said that will answer your questions :thumbsup2

I think it was about 34 euros per adult (obviously less for children). You can either book it when you get there or up to 60 days in advance on 00 33 1 60 30 40 50.

It's served from 12 noon to 3pm so if you went at noon you would be first ones there. :thumbsup2

This visit was on Sunday February 17 and we were booked for 12.30, but got there early and were seated with no problems.

I hadn't realised last time that there was such a choice of drinks included in the price - red wine, white wine, water, coke and fruit juice.

The bill for 2 adults and 1 child was 80 Euros before discount.

If you are there on a Sunday you should give this place a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter