The Smith's take on the Poly July 2010-Finished!3/1/11

I just came across this and have enjoyed reading along :) I'm trying to figure out how you were at AK in the dark? We always go in the summer and AK has always closed by 7-8, but it doesn't get dark until about 9:00 or so. Please share! I'd love to do AK at night! Maybe things were different back in 2010 and I just don't remember :teeth:

I just came across this and have enjoyed reading along :) I'm trying to figure out how you were at AK in the dark? We always go in the summer and AK has always closed by 7-8, but it doesn't get dark until about 9:00 or so. Please share! I'd love to do AK at night! Maybe things were different back in 2010 and I just don't remember :teeth:

It was different in 2010, AK used to have 3hr night EMH's! I was so bummed that Disney stopped the AK night time EMH's. There was very small crowds, beautiful lighting and so much fun.

I hope that the night time EMH's come back once Avitarland is up and running.

It was different in 2010, AK used to have 3hr night EMH's! I was so bummed that Disney stopped the AK night time EMH's. There was very small crowds, beautiful lighting and so much fun.

I hope that the night time EMH's come back once Avitarland is up and running.

Good news for you!! I was speaking to CMs at AK on our trip last month. I was taking pictures in the gardens behind Flame Tree and they approached me and we started talking about the construction going on behind there for the NIGHT time water show. They said they're also adding an evening safari and their goal is really to make AK a day AND night park :)

That would be fantastic! I would love to be in AK at night again. I think the parks at night are so much fun with the lighting and themeing. MK and AK especially!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter