The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

My only issue is how bad cellular is here, but it was that way all over Orlando so far. The WiFi is okay.

If anyone has any questions while we are here, let me know. We will be relaxing a lot and trying out all the pools, pool bars, activists etc.. Only going to Sea World and Aquatica 2 out of 8 days here.
Thank you for the info! Can I ask who your cell carrier is? We’ve recently switched to t-mobile and find the reception isn’t great in places where we had perfect reception with Verizon. Also, we are going to sea world and aquatica (also discovery cove) in a few weeks. Would you mind sharing how your experiences there are as well?

Thank you for the info! Can I ask who your cell carrier is? We’ve recently switched to t-mobile and find the reception isn’t great in places where we had perfect reception with Verizon. Also, we are going to sea world and aquatica (also discovery cove) in a few weeks. Would you mind sharing how your experiences there are as well?

We have T Mobile, and have had excellent reception at SVR and ALL of the Orlando parks. No issues whatsoever.

Hi all,

Back from another Sheraton Vistanta stay and everything went well, as always.

Just a quick note; as the "contact pre arrival" person keeps changing... I'll re-iterate what I was told by Vistana staff, as well as my personal experience since way back in 2018 when Jennifer Bravo was the Pre arrival coordinator a few years ago.. YOU DON'T NEED TO CONTACT PRE ARRIVAL COORDINATOR FOR ROOM REQUESTS OR QUESTIONS! Again confirmed from my latest stay, and conversations with staff. The front desk staff is more than able, and more than willing, to help you with any room requests. I believe the pre arrival coordinator is more of a "owner" thing, and has NEVER applied to my past 7 stays as I book through Interval, RCI or skyauction.

I loved Jennifer Bravo and she was a big help to us one time in 2018, but the front desk staff can also accommodate room requests and they have ALWAYS gone above and beyond to help. Just putting that out there for those who believe (and are told) there is ONE specific person to help with issues. Not true at all, and confirmed by Sheraton staff on multiple occasions and stays; including my most recent one two weeks ago.

And one word of advice: please remember when posting on here that not everyone on DIS respects Netiquette Rule #8: "respect people's privacy". Be VERY careful of ANY possible identifying information you post on here because it can (and has in my case) been used in an identifying manner. I am more than willing to share my Vistana experiences, but not usually on this thread, as it has been compromised. I'm happy to answer any questions, if I can. If I can't answer, I'm more than willing to give you Sheraton phone numbers of people who can help.

The Sheraton Vistana is my favorite off site place to stay, and I have a lot of information and experience with it. But I don't usually post on this thread about my stays or information. It's a wonderful place to stay and I HIGHLY recommend it as an offsite resort. I just won't recommend this particular thread as an accurate place for up to date, safe, information. But the info is out there to find and again, the Sheraton Vistana is more than willing to work with customers..... regardless of how they've booked. I believe that most of us who stay here are not owners, we book in different ways, so the owner info. is not relevant to us, and certainly is not the same.

Regarding specific questions: I have verizon and not ever had an issue with reception at the Sheraton. The cascades pool reno was almost completed when we left, the Fountains pool bar is operating on a more limited menu right now...no mojitos, but plenty of other drinks.

As of my most recent stay....
  1. no mid week tidy-up.
  2. The resort looked a lot more "dirty" now as compared to pre-covid. More trash in the water areas and sidewalks. There was a bag of trash put out by another guest in our building, one floor down, and it was broken into by rodents for two days until it was picked up by maintenance. I'm hoping it was a covid maintenance thing and not a new regular thing.
  3. Masks were still required in Vistana buildings two weeks ago. Not by pools and not in the marketplace.
  4. Guests are not able to sit in the welcome center, check in lobby, to either wait for check in time or for Uber/Lyft. There are two benches outside of the welcome center to wait for Uber/Lyft.
  5. Elevators were still "one family" per ride when we were there.
  6. Double check your dishes and utensils when you check in. A few of our dishes had some residue, like dried mac and cheese, on them. I don't think cleaning staff is paying attention to the dishes/pots/pans/utensils/etc. I know they're still overwhelmed with cleaning for covid, but the dishes were NOT up par. We put everything back in the dishwasher to clean/sanitize before using.
  7. Call housekeeping for extra towels and bedding.
  8. Some issues, which I hope were covid related, were: telephone in kitchen area did not work, chain on master bath toilet was broken, three of our keycards did not work. Those were rectified easily, with a phone call for each, but definitely not the norm from out past stays.
  9. Tip your wait staff and/or bartender well! They are wonderful people trying to accommodate guests within the guidelines. It's not their fault they may not have everything on the menu or the whole bar/restaurant is not open or operating at capacity. We're all in this together and all have restrictions/limits/rules to abide by.
  10. The marketplace seems much reduced in products/supplies. Not as full as before, for sure. But still plenty to eat, drink, Starbucks is still operating.
Skyauction has a few August-September dates for cheap, if anyone is looking right now. There are also a few owners on ebay with weeks to rent. I would not pay more than $1,000 for a week, unless it was Christmas!

HTH

The Sheraton Vistana is my favorite off site place to stay, and I have a lot of information and experience with it. But I don't usually post on this thread about my stays or information. It's a wonderful place to stay and I HIGHLY recommend it as an offsite resort. I just won't recommend this particular thread as an accurate place for up to date, safe, information. But the info is out there to find and again, the Sheraton Vistana is more than willing to work with customers..... regardless of how they've booked. I believe that most of us who stay here are not owners, we book in different ways, so the owner info. is not relevant to us, and certainly is not the same.
I guess everyone is just wasting there time here then? This is a very peculiar statement. Basically dog the thread and effort that people put in to contribute to it and not really provide any insight on where to find, what you consider to be accurate, up to date and safe information. Other than you, your righteousness :worship:, where shall we find this much needed information?

I guess everyone is just wasting there time here then? This is a very peculiar statement. Basically dog the thread and effort that people put in to contribute to it and not really provide any insight on where to find, what you consider to be accurate, up to date and safe information. Other than you, your righteousness :worship:, where shall we find this much needed information?
Wow, never noticed you before on this particular thread. When was your last stay at Vistana? What was your most recent experience like? Have you been there during covid? How have you found the changes? If you haven't stayed here yet, what made you decide on Vistana? What specific questions or concerns do you have?

Up to date, safe, information can be found on your own through Vistana. Not ONLY through this thread, and certainly not ONLY through the information passed through Vistana owners. I do respect the input of some owners like @bankr63.

And yes, I completely stand by my statement that not everyone on this thread respects Netiquette: "respect other people's privacy". So yes, I don't think it's wise to post ANY "possible" identifying information... like when you're going, where you would like to stay, any prior issues, etc. Some people CAN and HAVE used this without permission. This is MY experience and I'm not a Vistana newbie. This thread, as all on DIS, can be viewed by anyone, and not just registered members. Not dogging the thread.... just pointing out the potential problems of Owner vs. Renter. But thanks for your snide remark/emote.

And BTW, up to date, accurate info was just posted by ME on my most recent stay. Did you read it? It's full of info. that is relevant to renters, not owners.

But again.... how was your last stay? Who did you contact prior to your last stay? What avenues did you go through to get your room requests? Are you an owner? If not, how has your experience been? Most people who stay here and are asking questions are not owners, like me. I'm sure others would love your input for "accurate, up to date, safe" information on your most recent stay so please post.

Sadly, Marriott works differently. Often before arrival you will receive a pre-arrival email. These vary by resort. Some resort emails have a webform they link you to in order to provide preferences. Other emails just ask you to reply and some don't offer anything. In most instances just calling the resort and tellking them you want to place a pre-arrival request is enough and they will note the reservation.
I stand corrected.... I see you've been posting recently. I don't come here often any more, so didn't see it.

So did you stay in Vistana?

I never received an email with the "pre arrival" coordinator before, but do getaways through Interval or just book through skyauction.

And I agree, in most instances, and certainly through my past 7 stays at Vistana, just calling the resort and telling them your requests is enough.

But again.... how was your last stay? Who did you contact prior to your last stay? What avenues did you go through to get your room requests? Are you an owner? If not, how has your experience been? Most people who stay here and are asking questions are not owners, like me. I'm sure others would love your input for "accurate, up to date, safe" information on your most recent stay so please post.
The link won't unfurl, but you can still click on it to see my post.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...thread-key-links-on-p-1.3148502/post-62942589
I don't bother with room request emails anymore. I did on our first stay, but never received a reply, so I don't bother now. I just talk to them during checkin and say which section I want. They have been able to accommodate every time so far.

I am still rather unsure what owning vs just visiting has anything to do with the discussion here. Most of the discussion in this thread is related to staying at Vistana Resort. No one is talking about ownership so much. A stay is a stay. Regardless if you are an owner or not. Though an owner will usually have a higher priority in their room request or will stay in their fixed unit.

I don't own at Vistana resort, but am a Vistana timeshare owner. I usually book in through Interval International getaways. Have stayed three times in the past 10 months.

The link won't unfurl, but you can still click on it to see my post.
I can't see anything either. But I will look later.
I am still rather unsure what owning vs just visiting has anything to do with the discussion here. Most of the discussion in this thread is related to staying at Vistana Resort. No one is talking about ownership so much. A stay is a stay. Regardless if you are an owner or not.
Because most of the people on here are not owners, so the previous "diamond lane" and subsequent "contact the pre arrival coordinator" advice does't seem to be as reliable for those of us who book differently. Again, just my experience. Add to the fact that I was told by Vistana staff several times that the front desk staff can handle requests, and it's not needed to go through the pre arrival coordinator. So I do believe it's more of an "owner thing" to go through the pre arrival coordinator for requests for owners. Some owners speak as "authority" on how things work at Vistana, but the situations are not usually the same, as most of us book differently and are not Vistana owners.

Some owners still go through the pre arrival coordinator, and HIGHLY recommend and promote on here the pre arrival coordinator, and it doesn't apply the same. In point, when Jennifer Bravo left, and another pre arrival coordinator was in the position, there was NO RESPONSE to my questions at the time, in spite of it being heavily promoted on this thread to "contact the pre arrival coordinator at......" Yes, it does matter what is promoted here, and no, it's not the same for some of us. This is why it's important for those of us who don't own to post our experiences. Vistana has always gone above and beyond to accommodate any requests, and not through the heavily promoted "pre arrival coordinator". The front desk staff are more than capable and more than willing to make your stay wonderful. And they have proven that to me and my family many times.
I usually book in through Interval International getaways. Have stayed three times in the past 10 months.
I sometimes book through Interval getaways, and also Skyauction, who uses RCI. The latest info. from Sheraton is that if you book through RCI, who skyauction uses, they won't modify reservations and you have to modify through RCI. Not usually a big deal, but if you want to add a person to the reservation (like another name, in our case, as one of our adult children was arriving before us) then RCI has to add the name.

Generally the pre arrival coordinator is a thing of the past and I am surprised that Vistana Resort still has one. More often than not, we get an email prior to our timeshare stays and we can call and place a request. However, we usually don't bother and just work out any issues we have with our room at checkin. There is never a guarantee of a request anyway and Vistana Resort is so large and, except for very peak times, rarely at 100% occupancy. Given that, chances of getting any section you request at checkin is pretty good.

I do agree that the pre arrival contact is promoted a little too much here, but I think you are putting too much emphasis on your dissatisfaction with it being mentioned here. Worst case is, someone who is not an owner emails them and gets no response and calls the resort or asks for a certain section at checkin.

All that said, I don't think there is any inaccurate information being shared here, just information that doesn't apply to everyone.

It is correct about name changes or adding a guest to a reservation not made directly with Vistana as an owner. If I want to give a week to someone else that I reserve as an Interval International getaway, I have to get a guest certificate from II. II then notifies the resort that a different person will checkin. There is a fee for the guest certificate. The resort won't handle name changes for non owner reservations. Mostly this guest certificate for name changes is just a racket for II or RCI to collect a fee.

You also only need to add other names if they will be checkin in instead of you. No need if you will be arriving at the resort with them or before them.

I think it is also given that old posts in any thread won't have the most current information. So references to Diamond Lane don't apply and anyone reading posts from 2013 and anyone relying on it for accurate information today actually deserve the bad information they are getting.

Last edited:
All that said, I don't think there is any inaccurate information being shared here, just information that doesn't apply to everyone.
I would count this as an opportunity for inaccurate information "possibly" being given. I can't read all the posts as I have a some blocked, but this shows the emphasis on a person or people to give "accurate" information.
can you confirm the email to make sure I am sending it to the right one? My fillow up email was a week ago so I would have expected to hear back from at least one of them by now.
I just won't recommend this particular thread as an accurate place for up to date, safe, information. But the info is out there to find and again, the Sheraton Vistana is more than willing to work with customers..... regardless of how they've booked
Up to date, accurate, and safe are all not terms I would apply to certain posts/posters of this thread. Again, due to personal experience. YMMV.
My specific wording as follows:
Up to date: Pre arrival coordinator contact is not needed. Still promoted by some.
Accurate: Pre arrival coordinator to help with requests, including email contact and name. Again, not needed and front desk can help.
Safe: Netiquette rule # 8 "respect people's privacy" is DEFINITELY not practiced by some individuals on this thread. And I stand again by the emphasis to be very, very careful of what you post.

And the Sheraton will work with you, you don't need to go through a pre arrival coordinator. Again, YMMV. But if you're speaking as an "authority" on here as an owner, there is a certain level of responsibility that I hope people speaking about their experiences would take. I post my experiences as a non-owner and what has worked for me. The "pre arrival coordinator" thing is simply not a thing, despite how heavily it is promoted on here. No, that's not "up to date" or "accurate" information, if it's still being promoted as gospel or the only route to requests. You can take exception to my terms, but they are accurate based on my experience. As is the safety issue in posting anything remotely personal.

The resort won't handle name changes for non owner reservations. Mostly this guest certificate for name changes is just a racket for II or RCI to collect a fee.
Up until our stay in October 2019, the Sheraton did change/add names to our reservations, due to whomever was arriving in Florida first. Both with Interval and Skyauction via RCI. This was the first time (2021) we heard the newer policy. They did it for us prior to covid.
You also only need to add other names if they will be checkin in instead of you. No need if you will be arriving at the resort with them or before them.
Right, which is exactly why we needed to do this our past visit. One flight got in earlier than mine. With the lobby being closed to people standing inside, it was important we knew where people would be able to wait for us.
So references to Diamond Lane don't apply and anyone reading posts from 2013 and relying on it for accurate information today actually deserve the bad information they are getting.
I would agree, but the whole Diamond Lane, pre arrival coordinator seem to be the natural flow of getting requests in. My point is simply the pre arrival coordinator is as obsolete as the Diamond Lane thing, unless you're an owner. But still actively promoted here. And it's simply not needed or necessary to have a great stay.

I think the guest certificate change is something that has been changing over the years with Marriott and Vistana properties in general. Quite often resorts would just change the name with a phone call. However, II and RCI charge a fee to change the guest name, they like that money. II is also now owned by Marriott Vacations Worldwide who also owns Marriott Vacation Club and Vistana (Sheraton and Westin Vacation Club), so that guest certificate fee is revenue to them.

I also think you are putting a lot of emphasis on your dissatisfaction with the pre arrival coordinator information being shared here. People can certainly call the resort to place a request, or just call the resort based on your advice. Or do what I do, ask at checkin. If that is the only issue you really have with this thread, I certainly don't understand what the hangup is.

As for sharing personal information, perhaps you need to point me to it, because I am certainly not seeing it in this thread. Unless perhaps it is real old.

I would remind readers that, as the OP, I make every effort to summarize and provide balanced and accurate information, especially in the important links post (#2) of this thread.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...hread-key-links-on-p-1.3148502/#post-49104617 which is actually referenced in the title of this thread.
In that post it clearly (currently - I do update it as information arises) states that Diamond Lane is dead, pre-arrivals is questionable, and the best way to contact the resort is via phone.
If a reader feels that additional key links or information is required there, they can always PM me.

However, II and RCI charge a fee to change the guest name, they like that money. II is also now owned by Marriott Vacations Worldwide who also owns Marriott Vacation Club and Vistana (Sheraton and Westin Vacation Club), so that guest certificate fee is revenue to them.
Makes sense, but we normally deal with Interval so this was a first.
I also think you are putting a lot of emphasis on your dissatisfaction with the pre arrival coordinator information being shared here.
I'm putting a lot of emphasis on people on here making themselves out to be a source of knowledge, but the current information promoted here is:
1. not applicable to current standards at Vistana (ie: contact the pre arrival coordinator)
2. That one person, and/or an owner who may "seem" to know "more" or have an "in" is not what it seems. I want people to be very, very careful of posting anything even remotely identifying, as it can (and has in my case) been taken way beyond "help", which was never asked for, nor appreciated and then NO responsibility taken for it.

Owners may have what they believe are "connections", but they don't reflect the Sheraton way of doing things. Proved MANY times to me, thankfully, or I would not have stayed here many times. I certainly would not have stayed here after the "help" from a specific owner who contacted Sheraton staff on my behalf, and certainly without my permission or knowledge. It created a "real world" contact with my real name and life. Not at all in compliance with the netiquette rule of "respecting people's privacy". People on here need to be aware and cautious. There is no Vistana Ambassador for the DIS on here, and no one speaks on authority on this thread, as confirmed by Vistana.

As for sharing personal information, perhaps you need to point me to it, because I am certainly not seeing it in this thread. Unless perhaps it is real old.
Sorry, can't help you there, but it's not hard to find on this thread. Try searching my name from February 2020, in this thread. Any clarification needed, just look at my posts remaining, while others were deleted. Definite lines crossed and posts deleted, but not mine, which were truth. And I stand by my experience and advice that people on here need to be careful on posting ANY identifying information... even as benign as "we're going next week and ______" Some people HAVE and WILL take that information without your permission.
I would remind readers that, as the OP, I make every effort to summarize and provide balanced and accurate information, especially in the important links post (#2) of this thread.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...hread-key-links-on-p-1.3148502/#post-49104617 which is actually referenced in the title of this thread.
In that post it clearly (currently - I do update it as information arises) states that Diamond Lane is dead, pre-arrivals is questionable, and the best way to contact the resort is via phone.
If a reader feels that additional key links or information is required there, they can always PM me.
And you do make every effort to help people in a genuine way. I appreciate your dedication to this thread, and accurate information being provided. You know my issues, as I have told you privately, and they don't reflect what you do, or what some others have posted as their experiences. You know my issues are with personal information being taken completely out of context, and without permission, directly to the Sheraton staff. It's not hard at all for personal information to be connected to someone staying at the resort, even when you don't post your specific name or information, if Sheraton staff is alerted WHERE to look. (No, they don't randomly check message boards for posts! Just ask them, because they will certainly tell you!) People need to know that not all owners on here have the same ethics as you do, and certainly don't follow the internet safety protocols that we all abide by and assume. Some people are genuinely on a power trip, and interfere without permission or taking responsibility for the aftermath. That makes this a not-so-safe thread. People need to be aware of this when asking for help or taking advice from certain "owners".

Do I love the Sheraton? Yes. Would I recommend it as a place to stay? Yes. Would I recommend this specific thread as helpful? No. Not because of you, as you WELL know. And you know exactly what I'm referring to. Will I EVER post when I'm going there on this thread or any possible identifying information? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

And I would HIGHLY recommend that if you feel ownership of this thread, and subsequent authority for it, then you should pay attention to situations like mine, where someone was clearly in the wrong. Protect the thread and protect the people posting on it. You know I have no beef with you about what happened. But if you feel protective or responsible for this thread, I recommend you stand up for the people who post here, and not a random "owner" who oversteps and contacts the Sheraton without permission or knowledge of the person posting on here. How can we safely ask questions on here if they could possibly be taken to Sheraton staff? Yes, this happened to me, as you well know. How can we trust Sheraton staff to take care of us when a random "owner" has contacted the Sheraton with specific and identifying information is provided to them by an owner posting on this thread? Connections are not that hard to make between screen names on here and customers staying at the Sheraton, especially when its heavily promoted to contact the "pre arrival coordinator". How do we know that that Sheraton staff will not "share" identifying information about the customer to the owner if they are contacted by an owner who seems to be "in the know"? I never posted my real name on here, but yet a "link" was created between my screen name here, and my real identity, family, address, phone number, etc. by ONE owner who overstepped and contacted the resort "on my behalf" and without my permission or knowledge. That's a major problem.

I genuinely want people to be safe and not have the same experience I had. I posted here, thought it was safe, never used my real name or identifying information. But because I posted one issue I had with the pre arrival coordinator, who handled my family member's stay badly (by NEVER responding to me, in spite of the Pre arrival coordinator being HEAVILY promoted on here) I got "outed" to Sheraton staff, the same pre arrival coordinator who ignored my email. Not ok at all. And I really do believe that some people are on here to help, and some are on here to be the "big person" on campus. Helpful is not overstepping, without permission, and without taking any responsibility for the aftermath.

I don't want anyone to have the same experience that I did because of an owner on here overstepping. No one deserves that, when we're all looking to share experiences and help each other make a great vacation. Yes, I will share my experience in the hopes that no one else has the same awful feeling of betrayal and "outing" that I did.

Does anyone know if live music at Zimmie’s has returned, or is returning soon? Thx!

I checked the resort status page, but it wasn't very helpful. It doesn't appear to be any different than when we were last there in mid April.

Resort Status | Sheraton Vistana Resort (vacationclub.com)

When are you visiting next? We are there again in early September, and I'd be happy to report back if that's not too late (and if no one else on this thread is there before I am).

Hi everyone!

i am from the UK and planning to travel to the VR in November pending COVID guidelines! I have visited the resort a number of times but years ago and instead stayed at the villages. I have some questions I’m hoping you lovely people can help me with. I check in on a Monday and have booked a 2 BDR apartment.

1) I’ve been looking at the refurbished villas, am I right in thinking this is the fountains and lakes?

2) keen to have an apartment with elevators and located higher up?

3) my booking states that my room is 1211sqft. Does this apply to certain phases of the resort? Not sure really if there is much of a difference?

4) by the time I arrive in November will other phases be refurbished? Last time I stayed in cascades and loved this area

thanks guys!
Hayley

Hi everyone!

i am from the UK and planning to travel to the VR in November pending COVID guidelines! I have visited the resort a number of times but years ago and instead stayed at the villages. I have some questions I’m hoping you lovely people can help me with. I check in on a Monday and have booked a 2 BDR apartment.

1) I’ve been looking at the refurbished villas, am I right in thinking this is the fountains and lakes?
You are correct.

2) keen to have an apartment with elevators and located higher up?
This would be the Lakes and Cascades sections only. Four floors. Cascades hasn't been refurbished yet with the newest finishes.

3) my booking states that my room is 1211sqft. Does this apply to certain phases of the resort? Not sure really if there is much of a difference?
It will vary based on the phase, but for the most part the square footage of the 2BR units are all about the same size with the exception of a couple (lock off and perhaps

4) by the time I arrive in November will other phases be refurbished? Last time I stayed in cascades and loved this area
Not sure.

thanks guys!
Hayley

I checked the resort status page, but it wasn't very helpful. It doesn't appear to be any different than when we were last there in mid April.

Resort Status | Sheraton Vistana Resort (vacationclub.com)

When are you visiting next? We are there again in early September, and I'd be happy to report back if that's not too late (and if no one else on this thread is there before I am).
Thanks for the link! I was also wondering if mini golf was open, so that is great! We are not going until later this fall, so hopefully by then the live music will be back! We really enjoyed that last time, was hoping to catch it again! Thank you! :)

Thanks for the link! I was also wondering if mini golf was open, so that is great! We are not going until later this fall, so hopefully by then the live music will be back! We really enjoyed that last time, was hoping to catch it again! Thank you! :)

In all our visits to the resort, we have yet to try their mini golf! If its not too ridiculously hot in September (we are there from the 4th to the 11th), then perhaps we will give it a try. The surrey bikes are also still on my SVR to-do list!

I will definitely report back after our next trip. Hoping that there are more food options open this time, as in April it was painfully hard to eat at the resort with their heavily limited hours at each dining location. Please let the Tiki Bar be back to normal, at least.....and some live music there would be pretty darn awesome, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter