The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

Well work just asked a few of us to travel out of state for 2 weeks, work 6 days a week/10 hr days. They will provide a hotel, my comment to the boss was, "Can I rent a campsite instead ??" Still waiting on a reply, and hope to hear on Monday, so I can get reservations made. But would be cool to take the trailer out for a trip, rather than be stuck in a hotel room. Only about a 90 min drive to were I would be working from the house. So keeping my fingers crossed, maybe the first camping trip of the season.

Only about a 90 min drive to were I would be working from the house.

I don't think any of our guys have ever stayed in a hotel when traveling 90 min. to 2 hrs. from the shop. But they would only work 8 hrs. with the 4 hr. total drive time. Good thing about it is we get paid from the time we clock in to clock out, even get paid through lunch. We will be pouring concrete in NH about 2 hrs. away, my co-worker is from there and says it is about 20 minutes from his parents. Says if we are going to be there longer than 1 day I could stay there with him.

Another company that I worked for would put there wall crews up in a house or hotel out of town if a long distance, even get per diem, but when it came time for the slabs to be poured and we went to wherever, or time stopped when we left the job site. After two trips I asked one of the owners why they couldn't pay use round trip for coming so far a couple of times, he said that he is discussing it with the other owned, I said actions speak loader than words, then I got the "how would you like to be laid off"? I said when. I don't work for that company any longer, but that is not why. I have talked to the other owner of that company last year and he offered me a new work truck with new tools, 2 more weeks of vacation and $6 hr. more. I didn't take it, I'm happy with where I am.

I'm going to post so I can keep this on the first page. Watching this drop off makes it feel that much longer to our September trips. :-)

Trying to help you out as this thread has dropped to #16 on the 2nd page.

Trying to help you out as this thread has dropped to #16 on the 2nd page.
Thanks Vince,

I booked a few ADRs this week. My sister would decide on any character meals, so I picked Ohana for breakfast one day and we all like Japanese. Teppan Edo is fun and the food is typical Japanese Steak House good. I'll probably book a few Breakfast/lunches at Trails End, but I'm not sure what days yet.

My sister did give me a day back. She wanted to go "to the ocean" one day. She hasn't been to the ocean since my parents sold their condos in St Pete 20 years ago and my niece has never seen the ocean, so I said we'd go over to Daytona Beach one day. This week my sister said she is going to get a car and drive over to see one of her friends that lives in Tampa and has a boat. She was trying to make me jealous saying she'd be out on a boat all day. I said I'll be at the beach in May and I'll have an extra day at WDW instead.

She stopped after that. :D

She still doesn't seem that excited. My 5 year old niece on the other hand...

j

Chris not sure of route you take down or how far you are comfortable in traveling each day but I do have some suggestions on CG's for trip
The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads ( Just south of Va Border in NC) not a whole lot of amenaties but clean and super friendly and helpful staff. The few "Residents'' all had neat and tidy sites CS was being cleaned at least 3 times that I know of during our overnight stay
Camp Lake Jasper in SC is a must stay at for us. While we didn't make it there due to loss of electrical power and not able to get repaired for 2 weeks . When I called to ake a reservation I stated i wanted a site near the Dog Park for the 2 pups and they penciled me in for one directly opposite it. As they didn't have any payment info and provide me a reservation number I decided I didn't need to cancel with them. All they had was my name and phone number The day after we should have checked in they were on the phone to see if we were okay. We in large measure chose them as not a single review on Good Sam had any negatives. Based on how they dealt with us we can't wait to stay there

Chris not sure of route you take down or how far you are comfortable in traveling each day but I do have some suggestions on CG's for trip
The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads ( Just south of Va Border in NC) not a whole lot of amenaties but clean and super friendly and helpful staff. The few "Residents'' all had neat and tidy sites CS was being cleaned at least 3 times that I know of during our overnight stay
Camp Lake Jasper in SC is a must stay at for us. While we didn't make it there due to loss of electrical power and not able to get repaired for 2 weeks . When I called to ake a reservation I stated i wanted a site near the Dog Park for the 2 pups and they penciled me in for one directly opposite it. As they didn't have any payment info and provide me a reservation number I decided I didn't need to cancel with them. All they had was my name and phone number The day after we should have checked in they were on the phone to see if we were okay. We in large measure chose them as not a single review on Good Sam had any negatives. Based on how they dealt with us we can't wait to stay there

Our past trip we had driven the 13 hours to Walterboro and stayed there. This time we are starting 2 hours further south, as we moved, so not sure where we will stay. But thank you for the suggestions.

Well not much getting done for this trip this past week or next week as I am on the road, living in a campground and working. Nice campground. Have found that not all the stuff that was in the trailer has made it back in after the winter, so a good first camping trip of season and shakedown.

Thanks Vince,

I booked a few ADRs this week. My sister would decide on any character meals, so I picked Ohana for breakfast one day and we all like Japanese. Teppan Edo is fun and the food is typical Japanese Steak House good. I'll probably book a few Breakfast/lunches at Trails End, but I'm not sure what days yet.

My sister did give me a day back. She wanted to go "to the ocean" one day. She hasn't been to the ocean since my parents sold their condos in St Pete 20 years ago and my niece has never seen the ocean, so I said we'd go over to Daytona Beach one day. This week my sister said she is going to get a car and drive over to see one of her friends that lives in Tampa and has a boat. She was trying to make me jealous saying she'd be out on a boat all day. I said I'll be at the beach in May and I'll have an extra day at WDW instead.

She stopped after that. :D

She still doesn't seem that excited. My 5 year old niece on the other hand...

j

Well if plans change the Atlantic side is looking good. Just got back from the space coast area. Canaveral NS was really beautiful to spend some time at.

So two weeks has come and gone and my work camping trip has ended. Trailer is in the driveway still hooked to the truck. Need to empty it out, and park it. Maybe Sunday it will get done, Anniversary trip tomorrow to Gettysburg. Will get a picture of my campsite up on the appropriate thread, and now back to planning for Disney.
Found I was missing a few things in the camper, need to do some reorganizing, and need to clean out some of the stuff in the pass thru that we have never used yet.

So during my two week camping trip, i realized that I could really use an ottoman in the trailer. So ordered one today, will post pictures once it comes in and makes it way to the trailer. We only have a couch, so there is no where to put my feet if I want to relax out. Usually I am outside and have the recliners for that. But on occasion, get stuck inside, usually weather related, figured I could use one. Have some other upgrades, but they will be forthcoming.

So during my two week camping trip, i realized that I could really use an ottoman in the trailer. So ordered one today, will post pictures once it comes in and makes it way to the trailer. We only have a couch, so there is no where to put my feet if I want to relax out. Usually I am outside and have the recliners for that. But on occasion, get stuck inside, usually weather related, figured I could use one. Have some other upgrades, but they will be forthcoming.

Funny thing, mine has a U shaped dinette. The middle part of the dinette seat is actually an ottoman for the couch. Problem is, you have to take down the table in order to get it out of there. I like your idea of ordering a separate one.

Just booked our first Fort trip for Sept 17-27! Reserved a premium campsite. We'll be coming from Indianapolis area pulling a travel trailer with our 10, 9, 3, and 2 year olds in tow. Four out of 6 of us have Sept birthdays within 3 weeks of each other so we decided to celebrate big this year with a trip to Disney. We try to make it to Disney every 2-3 years but this will be our first time driving and camping. We will likely leave a day early and camp/sleep overnight in Georgia somewhere. Having a trip booked makes stalking this board so much more fun!

Just booked our first Fort trip for Sept 17-27! Reserved a premium campsite. We'll be coming from Indianapolis area pulling a travel trailer with our 10, 9, 3, and 2 year olds in tow. Four out of 6 of us have Sept birthdays within 3 weeks of each other so we decided to celebrate big this year with a trip to Disney. We try to make it to Disney every 2-3 years but this will be our first time driving and camping. We will likely leave a day early and camp/sleep overnight in Georgia somewhere. Having a trip booked makes stalking this board so much more fun!

Congratulations !!! You have been added to the list on page one. So far we have 8 Diser's who will be there for the September time frame.

Finally added a valuable piece of equipment to our trailer today. We finally purchased a surge protector. So now the electrical system will be safe while plugged in at campgrounds.

Just booked our first Fort trip for Sept 17-27!
Congrats JJ8! And :welcome: to the Camping forum.

Thanks for joining in and letting us know you are coming. I'll be there almost the exact same time you are. We also have a Premium site reserved (first time since 2004). The Fort is a big place with a lot of Premium loops.

We have a similar trip (St Louis), but I don't have 4 little ones coming along. That wears me out just thinking about it. Enjoy the DIS and keep us up on your plans as September gets closer.

j

So I wake up this morning and there it was......the announcement that MNSSHP :scared1: tickets were on sale. So tickets have been purchased and we are all set to commence on this epic adventure. Well ok, we are still 132 days out and I do have a few things to do before then and maybe a camping weekend or two to take place. But it appears at this time all large Disney purchases have been made and prepaid.

I didn't realize MNSSHP would be going on when we originally booked for September. (Actually starts in August this year) I've never been and no one in our group is a big Halloween person. Other than the 7pm-MN park access and a special parade and light show, is it worth the $$?

And how decorated will the Fort be in mid-September? I do have some Halloween decorations I can bring down.

j

I didn't realize MNSSHP would be going on when we originally booked for September. (Actually starts in August this year) I've never been and no one in our group is a big Halloween person. Other than the 7pm-MN park access and a special parade and light show, is it worth the $$?

And how decorated will the Fort be in mid-September? I do have some Halloween decorations I can bring down.

j

I of course, being an avid hobby photographer, welcome a different parade to photograph and also the fireworks show. So for us the chance to be there for the evening is well worth it, we actually have tickets for two nights. Our site at the fort, hmmm, may have just found more for me to do before the trip.....

j
They actually let you in at 4PM. I also hear Sunday night is the best time to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter