The Running Thread - 2020

I'm not surprised either. The majors have big international fields. I'm pretty worried about my Cherry Blossom Run that was already deferred a year.

I also deferred for the Cherry Blossom. I can't imagine that it will happen, at least not full-size.

One day, I'd like to have access to more training load data from the runners that I'm helping. Because I think that's a vital tool that to this point I haven't utilized for others training plans as much as I have for my own.
Is there a way we can provide you more data? Or is giving you access to Strava about the best we can do when just wearing Garmins (in my case, a Forerunner 235)?

Is there a way we can provide you more data? Or is giving you access to Strava about the best we can do when just wearing Garmins (in my case, a Forerunner 235)?

I think we're in a good place at the moment. I can see what I need to for the time being and we're making strides in the right direction.

In the distant future, something like TrainingPeaks which has an athlete and coaching profile ability would open me up to more data. But like I said, that would also require a bigger time commitment from me which I'm not at a point in life that I have more than I already do.

I think we're in a good place at the moment. I can see what I need to for the time being and we're making strides in the right direction.

In the distant future, something like TrainingPeaks which has an athlete and coaching profile ability would open me up to more data. But like I said, that would also require a bigger time commitment from me which I'm not at a point in life that I have more than I already do.

I was going to mention TrainingPeaks. I don't use either side of the coaching interface at the moment but from what I understand it is currently the best solution. I suspect we will see a Garmin competitor and they did start down that road with Clipboard. DC Rainmaker did a write-up of it just a over a month ago.

Congratulations to all virtual racers!
I am not running virtual NYC (so looking forward to the real one... postponing until 2023 if possible) but will do a virtual half this Sunday. Quick question: Do you wear your bib if you have received one?

October 2020 Training Summary

Running duration = 19:38 hours
Running mileage = 145.2 miles
Average Pace = 8:07 min/mile (about 67 sec/mile slower than estimated Marathon Tempo)
Average HR = 136 (12 bpm lower than Marathon Pace)
Indoor Cycling duration = 21:15 hours
Indoor Cycling mileage = 360 miles
Indoor Cycling average power = 175 watts
Indoor Cycling average Normalized Power = 183 watts
Strength = 7:06 hours
Total Training Time = 48:00 hours

October treated me well. The mental "I'm injured" game has started since I'm closing in on my marathon time trial (or as my wife called it "my pretend marathon"). But thankfully, no issues have cropped up. My training continues to go well despite doing about 25% less than this time last year. I'm not in sub-3 marathon shape, but I'm on the cusp with 21 days to go. Getting over this last little hump is rarified air based on my data since 2017. I've only been in sub-3 shape for 1 weekend out of the last 166, and 3:01:30 shape only 5 times (all based on best possible outcomes). I'm currently sitting at top 15% fitness level with an estimated finish of 3:04-3:08 if all things go well. So these last three weeks will be spent staying healthy, trying to balance making that last little gain with maintaining what I've gained, and hoping for a cold 30-40 degree race day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter