The Running Thread - 2018

ATTQOTD: I have runs tomorrow, Saturday and Monday but am otherwise looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Hopefully I can get some chores done around the house. And I know I'll have a family get together to go to. But really very few plans this weekend, which is great!

ATTQOTD:
I am getting LASIK tomorrow at 1pm!!! So we will spend the night in Omaha tomorrow and do a little light shopping on Saturday, including a trip to Trader Joes and Sam's Club.
And Saturday evening... 7pm... is the beginning of the FROST ERA. GO BIG RED!!!

(The rest of the weekend will be pretty low key :) )

QOTD: Today is my Friday and I'm preparing for a long weekend with having Monday off as well. With that in mind, what is everyone's plans for the upcoming weekend? Big running plans, family time, road trips?

I'm off Monday as well and the weekend is packed. Saturday we have a surprise birthday party and are taking our son to a local park with a splash pad to end the summer. Sunday is my FP+ window for W&D and we are going to a minor leage baseball game, and Monday I will probably do a race somewhere and my FP+ window opens for a work trip I'm staying an extra day for and hitting a park (it is offsite so a shorter window).

ATTQOTD: No big running plans (actually finished my runs for August---yay me!). Trying to get to a Washington Nationals game Friday, and out on the boat this weekend.
Watching college football Saturday (Go Clemson!) and looking forward to a day off on Monday.

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone.

Speaking of college football, sorry @SarahDisney...........................

Hey @LSUlakes, did you see the news about the Death Valley home and home series scheduled between LSU and Clemson in a few years?
Might have to figure out a way to go to those.

ATTQOTD: Off work at 12:30 Friday, then RnR Expo when it opens as it's the only time I can go! Football all day Saturday (Boomer Sooner!) then early bed time. Rock N Roll Virginia Beach Half Sunday (goal: don't melt), then probably a really good nap. Hopefully a recovery jog Monday, then absolutely nothing!

No big running plans as I'm trying to get all 4 of my runs in during the week and before the weekend :) We're heading up to NYC for a broadway weekend. And while I love running in Central Park, I'm planning on a running free weekend. We will walk through the park and explore though :) My husband is not a runner so this way we can at least spend that time together.

WHY???? There are so many hills!!
(Sorry, I think New Yorkers have a totally different view of Central Park than non-NYers)
Ha, very true! But I live in a hilly area too so it wasn't too different from what I'm used to. It's iconic, pretty, and there are enough people running there on weekends that I feel safe running on my own :) It's nicer than running on busy city sidewalks and no need to worry about vehicular traffic.

Oh, oh, oh another Vongo wearer! There aren't many of us out there, I don't think. FYI, I just got the v3s, and they are dreeeeeaaaaaamy!
I have a pair of Vongo 2s smelling up my cubicle right now! I am still not sold on them for longer runs, I keep going back to my aging Adrenaline 17s. Dirty secret: I have a pair of NB 870s I cannot part with also under my desk for days I just want to go for a walk at lunch. I loved those shoes, may they rest in peace.

My PSA for the day...if you are running in the dark of the morning, please wear reflective clothing and some type of lightening especially on streets that have 0 street lights.
I was thisclose to hitting someone today that was wearing black clothing at 5:45AM.
It would be lovely if running clothing did not by default come in black. I will need a new running jacket, the model I have and love- only in black. Favorite shorts with all the pockets? Only in black.

QOTD: Today is my Friday and I'm preparing for a long weekend with having Monday off as well. With that in mind, what is everyone's plans for the upcoming weekend? Big running plans, family time, road trips?
ATTQOTD: My weekend starts at noon today with meet the kindergarten teacher. Real weekend plans: drive, stop at a brewery for lunch near a cute playground and a beach, drive to beach hotel, spend days watching kids play in sand and water, two other breweries and 3 wineries, drive home in time to pack first day of school lunches. I told the family I would not be running on vacation, but I realize I am at 59.69 miles for the month, so I am going to request an early bedtime and a later departure so I can get a short run in before getting on the road to Shorts Brewing. I think I can finish packing (ok, do laundry and start) tonight, wake up at 6am (on a vacation day :( ) to get 2-3 miles in and still leave enough time to make it to lunch on time and then to our beach destination. I am prepared for my request to be denied in which case the retired shoes I would have taken anyhow (because I said I will not bring running stuff) and everyday clothes will be sufficient to run loops around the playground later in the day to get me to 60.1 miles. Having a round number should not matter, but it does. Also, on the agenda, do not panic that my kids are going to kindergarden and soon they will be totally embarrassed to be seen with me, and will be moving away and I will be old and alone. Do. Not. Panic. Maybe DH should let me bring the running stuff so I chill out?

ATTQOTD: Today we'll start driving down after work to Gainesville, then finishing up the drive to Kissimmee tomorrow morning to spend the weekend at Disney Orlando. Tomorrow will be our first time doing the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, so we're excited. Most likely I'll keep it light and do a 5k/day at the hotel's treadmill. My goal is to not gain any weight from yet another Disney trip... but after reading all of the food posts here the past couple days, it might be tough!

ATTQOTD: We will be purchasing Six Flags 2019 season passes during their "Flash Sale" this weekend and head to San Antonio to hit Fiesta Texas for the day on Sunday.

Go Hogs!!! Please have a better season this year.....but I doubt it......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter