The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Festival of the Lion King? Finding Nemo? Yeti? Chester and Hester's sanitized parking lot carny experience(there are no bad tats or meth mouths anywhere)?
Not to mention the signage has a dragon

190px-Animal_Kingdom_TPark_Color.svg.png

In an interesting change of stance..Martin has thrown some hope for DHS.

In a discussion thread at WDWMagic.com - he had stated he knew of no new plans for DHS post SWGE, he has since stated there are some plans, nothing locked and nothing green lit, but he also noted the competition is moving as well.

In an interesting change of stance..Martin has thrown some hope for DHS.

In a discussion thread at WDWMagic.com - he had stated he knew of no new plans for DHS post SWGE, he has since stated there are some plans, nothing locked and nothing green lit, but he also noted the competition is moving as well.
So that makes me think they didn't really have a "vision" for the entire park -- they just wanted to use the space they had for two new "lands".
Shame .. I was assuming all this time they had a vision for the park -- considering they were thinking about a total name change of it.

I guess that means the "Old Hollywood" theme stays .. but that does mean that hopefully they have some plans for the pointless Launch Bay building and the ONLY remaining "making of movies" attraction - Indiana Jones. Two very large areas that could be utilized for the next big thing there.

So that makes me think they didn't really have a "vision" for the entire park -- they just wanted to use the space they had for two new "lands".
Shame .. I was assuming all this time they had a vision for the park -- considering they were thinking about a total name change of it.

I guess that means the "Old Hollywood" theme stays .. but that does mean that hopefully they have some plans for the pointless Launch Bay building and the ONLY remaining "making of movies" attraction - Indiana Jones. Two very large areas that could be utilized for the next big thing there.
If I remember correctly, TSL and SWGE were phase 1 and 2, with a rumored phase 3 to follow. (truthfully has been so long i could have the phases wrong) What I believe Martin is saying is that phase 3 was rumored to be postponed or canceled. They may be considering proceeding with it again. I think that "the competition is moving" is referring to the rumored 4th gate/3rd park at Universal. No matter what Disney says, they are matching Universal move for move. They are trying to avoid getting caught off guard again like with the Harry Potter expansion.

If I remember correctly, TSL and SWGE were phase 1 and 2, with a rumored phase 3 to follow. (truthfully has been so long i could have the phases wrong) What I believe Martin is saying is that phase 3 was rumored to be postponed or canceled. They may be considering proceeding with it again. I think that "the competition is moving" is referring to the rumored 4th gate/3rd park at Universal. No matter what Disney says, they are matching Universal move for move. They are trying to avoid getting caught off guard again like with the Harry Potter expansion.

It's tough, I would guess, having more major construction at DHS again so soon would be rough. Especially since any other construction would be in the middle of the park rather than the "edges" where no one was going anyway.

Competition is good!

It's tough, I would guess, having more major construction at DHS again so soon would be rough. Especially since any other construction would be in the middle of the park rather than the "edges" where no one was going anyway.

Competition is good!
Depends were they decide to do the next expansion. They have the Mermaid/Launch Bay area...they have the IJSS/Star Tours area...they also have a big swath of land above and behind RNR. The smart move would be to go to the undeveloped land first so they don't shut more attractions down while increasing capacity. I fully expect them to go to Launch Bay/Mermaid first, as it will probably cost them less in utility/foundation setups.

Depends were they decide to do the next expansion. They have the Mermaid/Launch Bay area...they have the IJSS/Star Tours area...they also have a big swath of land above and behind RNR. The smart move would be to go to the undeveloped land first so they don't shut more attractions down while increasing capacity. I fully expect them to go to Launch Bay/Mermaid first, as it will probably cost them less in utility/foundation setups.

True . ... either area is ripe for an upgrade from an attraction capacity too, but I don't think Disney will spend the money on a Phase 3 so soon after TSL and SWGE. The park can't afford to have another attraction or two close without a quick replacement. I feel AK will come next. Even though Pandora is so new, it still is an attraction-lite park and AK doesn't have any upgrades planned for the next few years unlike all the other parks.

Hoping those rumors of a replacement of DinoLand, USA are true! :)

The original DHS overhaul had a Pixar land as phase 1, Star Wars 2, and 3 being Cars if I’m not mistaken.

The original DHS overhaul had a Pixar land as phase 1, Star Wars 2, and 3 being Cars if I’m not mistaken.
Ok, I remeber phase 1 was Pixar based...so they made Toy Story Land, and phase 2 was Star Wars. I thought phase 3 was supposed to be Monsters Inc. not Cars Land

Ok, I remeber phase 1 was Pixar based...so they made Toy Story Land, and phase 2 was Star Wars. I thought phase 3 was supposed to be Monsters Inc. not Cars Land
There was back and forth there. This was long before SWGE though. The Star Wars phase 2 of this plan was inferior to SWGE.

There was back and forth there. This was long before SWGE though. The Star Wars phase 2 of this plan was inferior to SWGE.
this, and the other change as well. Once the Larger MORE version of SWGE was chosen, original planning had it going to the Indy area and expanding the park into the parking lot. That then allowed some other phase to go to the area SWGE is building now. But cost cutting and speed to open drove the SWGE move, and thus changed and potentially cancelled the phase 3 as it was to go in that area.

Rumors still fly, of an addition to DHS - some type of E attraction....some say Indy area, some say Animation area. Net, once SWGE and TSL and MMRR opens, there is easy space to expand in those areas.

Don't forget, at one time, Tron was going into the theater area where Fantasmic was going...so they also could expand there too...

but again, not of this is locked.

this, and the other change as well. Once the Larger MORE version of SWGE was chosen, original planning had it going to the Indy area and expanding the park into the parking lot. That then allowed some other phase to go to the area SWGE is building now. But cost cutting and speed to open drove the SWGE move, and thus changed and potentially cancelled the phase 3 as it was to go in that area.

Rumors still fly, of an addition to DHS - some type of E attraction....some say Indy area, some say Animation area. Net, once SWGE and TSL and MMRR opens, there is easy space to expand in those areas.

Don't forget, at one time, Tron was going into the theater area where Fantasmic was going...so they also could expand there too...

but again, not of this is locked.
If they take fantasmic I will riot

Especially when they have 5000000 better things to take out in DHS

If they take fantasmic I will riot

Especially when they have 5000000 better things to take out in DHS

Fantasmic, while a great show, encompasses a large plot of land that they could easily fit an entire new land on. And it's only used once or twice a day. From a capacity viewpoint, its pretty much the best thing to take out.

I hope it stays and that they add a daytime show, but right now it's the only portion of the park that doesn't get continuous use. I think that's the only way that Fantasmic survives long term. It already barely survived being cut for Tron.

Fantasmic, while a great show, encompasses a large plot of land that they could easily fit an entire new land on. And it's only used once or twice a day. From a capacity viewpoint, its pretty much the best thing to take out.

I hope it stays and that they add a daytime show, but right now it's the only portion of the park that doesn't get continuous use. I think that's the only way that Fantasmic survives long term. It already barely survived being cut for Tron.
you're breaking my heart

you're breaking my heart

Thank goodness for the Blessing of Size :rolleyes2

There were rumors a while back of a daytime show using the venue. They really should do more with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter