The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDWMagic.com member danlb_2000 has found two permits for retention pond work behind current UoE building, at one point, the rumor was an additional building would be added to UoE as part of the GotG plans. Not sure if this means something has finally been decided, or the fact they know they need to start this work sooner or later regardless. Still looks like some plan is starting for UoE.

Here's the link to the document being referenced: http://my.sfwmd.gov/entsb/docdownload?object_id=0900eeea89a66e94

Also, see these two images from the PDF; note the size of the "expansion" is over 11 acres:
canal.JPG map.JPG

From the document:
"The applicant wishes to reconfigure the existing canal to provide a more-contiguous area for possible future changes to parking capacity and back of house areas. A spur of the existing canal is proposed to be filled so that a more developable area is provided. The volume capacity of the canal spur that is proposed to be filled will be offset by increasing the canal’s volume capacity at the spur’s junction with the main canal; thus, no capacity of the canal’s storage will be lost. Further, two dry retention ponds are proposed to be constructed to provide treatment volume and storm attenuation for the area in which the construction activity is planned. These retention areas increase the stormwater capacity and BMPs upon which current design is based."

Last edited:
I could see them making a Marvel Land at one of the parks...not sure about a fifth gate. But to do either justice, they really need the X-Men franchise and Spidey. So if there are talks in the works for those franchises, I could see them holding off. And a Marvel Land in DHS would fit well.

They are not likely to get the rights back from Universal for those two any time soon.

latest from WDWMagic.com -
UoE is getting replaced - with a Roller coaster(yes not new news) however per some sources - current building will be used for fully themed Que, while new attached building will house the Roller coaster. Original IP was GotG, but that may have changed, but the roller coaster seems a go

latest from WDWMagic.com -
UoE is getting replaced - with a Roller coaster(yes not new news) however per some sources - current building will be used for fully themed Que, while new attached building will house the Roller coaster. Original IP was GotG, but that may have changed, but the roller coaster seems a go
The plans filed the other day seems to suggest another building. I guess the new building would be connected to UOE queue building by some sort of hallway? Any word on what other IP's are being considered?

Martin at WDWMagic.com has said at one time there were two versions, one IP - GotG and one NOT IP. However, the non-IP has been dropped, and he is still leaning toward it being GotG. But, there may be another option on the board.
I just honestly feel that GotG is NOT big enough to be in 2 parks, especially when classic DISNEY movies are so neglected (hercules, mulan, etc.) I do hope there is another option. I think they are overplaying GotG and need to move past it a bit.

I just honestly feel that GotG is NOT big enough to be in 2 parks, especially when classic DISNEY movies are so neglected (hercules, mulan, etc.) I do hope there is another option. I think they are overplaying GotG and need to move past it a bit.
You're kidding right? Overplaying their hand on recent IPs seems to be standard operating procedure these days.

You're kidding right? Overplaying their hand on recent IPs seems to be standard operating procedure these days.

I mean... yeah I guess but my point would be that I wouldnt put GotG on the same level as Frozen. Frozen was a million times more successful. They can put another recent IP in idc I just think both parks dont NEED GotG I think its better suited to California and should stay there. Plenty of other recent IPs fit FutureWorld so it shouldn't be difficult.

EDIT: ideas offhand include Big Hero 6 or Wreck it Ralph or a little further back like WALL-E

Last edited:

I do think there is a bit of a misconception with some of these characters. For example, Disney doesn't own Hercules. They own their small interpretation of the Hercules story, but not the character itself like they do with the Marvel and Pixar characters. While that is similar to Snow White, Cinderella and others, Hercules is more of a global type figure with many popular takes on his mythos. Disney's is only one of many, and unlike say Snow White or Ariel, it's not really the one that people think of first. Mulan, Pocohantas, and more have the same issue.

I could see Disney shying away from some of the more "distributed" properties and sticking with those they have a cast iron hold over.

I mean... yeah I guess but my point would be that I wouldnt put GotG on the same level as Frozen. Frozen was a million times more successful. They can put another recent IP in idc I just think both parks dont NEED GotG I think its better suited to California and should stay there. Plenty of other recent IPs fit FutureWorld so it shouldn't be difficult.

EDIT: ideas offhand include Big Hero 6 or Wreck it Ralph or a little further back like WALL-E

Wall-E could make for a cool ride - even coaster like - and just feels like it belongs in EPCOT more than others

Could be a cool spot to fit in the oft-brought-up Monsters Inc Door ride ... and sort of fits the theme of "energy" and how they were able to find an alternative form of energy

Wall-E could make for a cool ride - even coaster like - and just feels like it belongs in EPCOT more than others

Could be a cool spot to fit in the oft-brought-up Monsters Inc Door ride ... and sort of fits the theme of "energy" and how they were able to find an alternative form of energy
I totally wouldn't be against a Wall-E ride at Epcot. It is IP based (which it seems like they are leaning toward atm), but has links to Epcot's roots (energy etc.). Only thing that concerns me is if Wall-E is a too old IP to still be relevant?

I've heard that the Monsters Inc. Doors Coaster is rumored for another DHS expansion once TSL is complete?

It was but then was taken off the table.
Ah right, thanks. Maybe one day it will re-surface, as would love to see the door coaster, Laugh Floor moving to DHS and maybe another ride to make a Monsters Inc. area of DHS. Would link so nicely with TSL.

Ah right, thanks. Maybe one day it will re-surface, as would love to see the door coaster, Laugh Floor moving to DHS and maybe another ride to make a Monsters Inc. area of DHS. Would link so nicely with TSL.
The door coaster has been around for years. It was originally supposed to go into Soundstage One where the TSMM third track is. The arch way between TSMM and what would have been the door coaster was the theming transition.

LOVE that idea for the link with monsters inc! but Wall-E is just such a natural fit though right?! for UNIVERSE OF ENERGY?!

I do think there is a bit of a misconception with some of these characters. For example, Disney doesn't own Hercules. They own their small interpretation of the Hercules story, but not the character itself like they do with the Marvel and Pixar characters. While that is similar to Snow White, Cinderella and others, Hercules is more of a global type figure with many popular takes on his mythos. Disney's is only one of many, and unlike say Snow White or Ariel, it's not really the one that people think of first. Mulan, Pocohantas, and more have the same issue.

I could see Disney shying away from some of the more "distributed" properties and sticking with those they have a cast iron hold over.

Ahh I had never even thought of that aspect. Still it's a shame. If they bothered to make a movie I feel like they should bother to integrate it within the parks, especially in the case of Mulan who is an Official Disney Princess. Still again theres a lot that could be a better fit that they DO have better control over now (since the marvel in the parks thing is so whatever) and I just am not into the idea of GotG being one of the IPs that gets so much disney parks attention. It doesn't NEED to be at more than one park.

LOVE that idea for the link with monsters inc! but Wall-E is just such a natural fit though right?! for UNIVERSE OF ENERGY?!

Ahh I had never even thought of that aspect. Still it's a shame. If they bothered to make a movie I feel like they should bother to integrate it within the parks, especially in the case of Mulan who is an Official Disney Princess. Still again theres a lot that could be a better fit that they DO have better control over now (since the marvel in the parks thing is so whatever) and I just am not into the idea of GotG being one of the IPs that gets so much disney parks attention. It doesn't NEED to be at more than one park.

They want to use their Marvel IP but because of Universal, they are limited to what they can use. GotG is one, and I believe Doctor Strange might be as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter