The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OKay now for more rumors:
Marvel sign now in Disney springs - change in deal with Uni?
Poster "1023" at WDWMagic is hinting at a wet ride being added to Frontierland by 50th - still in blue sky

OKay now for more rumors:
Marvel sign now in Disney springs - change in deal with Uni?
Poster "1023" at WDWMagic is hinting at a wet ride being added to Frontierland by 50th - still in blue sky
I thought the only restriction on Marvell was "inside the parks." Remember a few years back with the Marvel wrapped monorail; it couldn't be run on the Epcot loop because that went into the park. Instead, they ran it on the Ticket Transportation Loop which stayed outside the parks. Disney Springs isn't one of the parks but a shopping area, so maybe that is why they can have Marvel there.

I thought the only restriction on Marvell was "inside the parks." Remember a few years back with the Marvel wrapped monorail; it couldn't be run on the Epcot loop because that went into the park. Instead, they ran it on the Ticket Transportation Loop which stayed outside the parks. Disney Springs isn't one of the parks but a shopping area, so maybe that is why they can have Marvel there.
Yes but the previously weren't using to marvel name in Disney springs or in the parks. Why start now? The doctor strange posters in the parks include the marvel name as well.

Thank @rteetz for starting this thread. As a follower of rumors and news on a few different websites, I like to keep up on them here but the threads on DIS seem to get lost much faster. A summary thread helps me.

So latest and greatest rumors.......

Timelines still as following:
TSL 2018
SWL fall of 2019
Mickey ride replacing GMR - 2019-2020
GoG in UoE - 2020 - this was foggy for a while, rumor posted on twitter said Disney was thinking of moving instead back to DHS but no in ToT. But that go debunked by Martin I believe.
Rumors of replacements of VotLM and BatB are still expected sometime prior to 50th anniversary

in last Jim Hill update, he stated that Ratatouille will be coming to WS by France before the 50th anniversary. Two WDWMagic insiders have confirmed that there is blue sky for IP adding to WS in that area, and that Ratatouille is one of the options that are being looked at. those were Marni and MagicFeather

in last Jim Hill update, he stated that Ratatouille will be coming to WS by France before the 50th anniversary. Two WDWMagic insiders have confirmed that there is blue sky for IP adding to WS in that area, and that Ratatouille is one of the options that are being looked at. those were Marni and MagicFeather

I would love Ratatouille in the WS!

@rteetz any truth to the rumor on WDWNT that Celebrate the Magic is being replaced relatively soon?
While I haven't heard anything specifically I honestly wouldn't be surprised. The show isn't hard to update.
I'm assuming you've all seen it by now, but the replacement show - Once Upon A Time - will debut on 4th November. Looking forward to a new refreshed show :)

I'm assuming you've all seen it by now, but the replacement show - Once Upon A Time - will debut on 4th November. Looking forward to a new refreshed show :)

I am pretty dang excited about this. THough I can't wait to see what Disney does with the patents they filed for the floating / Drone screens / projections in the future.

I am pretty dang excited about this. THough I can't wait to see what Disney does with the patents they filed for the floating / Drone screens / projections in the future.
That will likely be used in a park with a large water lagoon such as Epcot, AK, or Disney Springs.

Rumor
Well I have some bad news folks...

Spirit is back and says that Disney execs are liking the plans for the DCA ToT redo so much so that DHS is also going to get it... However it won't come until after Toy Story opens in 2018.

He says Ellen's Energy Adventure has new plans that if it happens would open for the WDW 50th. He does not give an IP but says that Tron was one of the ideas tossed around.

He says WDI had plans for the guardians coaster in Epcot but costs sky rocketed and passed up the cost of radiator springs racers which is the most expensive attraction Disney has built. The coaster would have been similar to the planned Captain america coaster for DCA.

Rumor
Well I have some bad news folks...

Spirit is back and says that Disney execs are liking the plans for the DCA ToT redo so much so that DHS is also going to get it... However it won't come until after Toy Story opens in 2018.

He says Ellen's Energy Adventure has new plans that if it happens would open for the WDW 50th. He does not give an IP but says that Tron was one of the ideas tossed around.

He says WDI had plans for the guardians coaster in Epcot but costs sky rocketed and passed up the cost of radiator springs racers which is the most expensive attraction Disney has built. The coaster would have been similar to the planned Captain america coaster for DCA.
Since this is the rumor thread......

Spirit also let slip that there will be MARVEL in DHS - he states that he has more understanding of the current contract, and that there is SOME Marvel allowed per the contract, but he would not be surprised to see Disney offer up some things to Uni to get one or two of the bigger Marvel IP that they own. That is in the offing though.

He also stated that DHS will become the IP park - SW, Pixar, Indy, Disney - and MARVEL - to be lead. He also said they will add more to DHS than what is currently released. But that the park will not be much bigger.

He also said the new Mickey ride for GMR is on hold for now....as the person leading the trackless ride has left the company. Not saying it is dead though.

Key to me is the MARVEL stuff though

Since this is the rumor thread......

Spirit also let slip that there will be MARVEL in DHS - he states that he has more understanding of the current contract, and that there is SOME Marvel allowed per the contract, but he would not be surprised to see Disney offer up some things to Uni to get one or two of the bigger Marvel IP that they own. That is in the offing though.

He also stated that DHS will become the IP park - SW, Pixar, Indy, Disney - and MARVEL - to be lead. He also said they will add more to DHS than what is currently released. But that the park will not be much bigger.

He also said the new Mickey ride for GMR is on hold for now....as the person leading the trackless ride has left the company. Not saying it is dead though.

Key to me is the MARVEL stuff though

Key to me is the overall identity of the Park. Since we have heard it will be renamed and since all the construction was announced I think the direction and identity of the park have been up in the air. I think this is the most important piece of news / rumor.

That will likely be used in a park with a large water lagoon such as Epcot, AK, or Disney Springs.
Could the drones be used for some sort of high-tech replacement of the Electrical Water Pageant? I would also suspect to see it used in an IllumiNations replacement too though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter