The Rescuers

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Today I decided to watch The Rescuers from 1977 on Disney+ and I found it quite wonderful and the storyline is also wonderful as well. How Eva Gabor got picked to voice Miss Bianca is so amazing because she made Miss Bianca a nice lady. Bob Newhart was also fabulous as Bernard and he gave Bernard the same personality as he has in real life. Mom and I love watching Eva Gabor in Green Acres and also Mom watches The Bob Newhart Show on the Decades Channel and who knew that two sitcom stars in this movie work so well together. I also thought Penny was wonderful but she also was attached to her Teddy and she reminded me of myself too. The songs in The Rescuers were so cute too and Shelby Flint sang them beautifully. Why they made The Rescuers Down Under is beyond me? Because it's a shame that The Rescuers was such a wonderful movie that it should've gotten more promotion in theaters in 1977

The Rescuers is a movie that I love - well, we had this Disney storybook when I was little that my sister would read to me from, and it had The Rescuers. I may have been a little smitten with Miss Bianca - probably because of Eva's voice. It was a pretty dark movie, which was appropriate for the late 70's, though audience tastes were starting to change. Disney Animation was behind the curve on that, so a lot of the movies from this era are glossed over. It's pretty crazy that they did a sequel so many years later - and it's not bad or anything, but it's not even close to the original. It does have a brighter tone. It feels like it should have been one of the direct-to-video sequels, though they weren't really making those yet. Still, they got Eva and Bob to come back for it. I do wish that they promoted the characters more - I was very excited to get pictures with Miss Bianca and Bernard at Tokyo DisneySea!

Last edited:
A while ago I had two cats… Bernard and Bianca. Haven’t watch the movie in YEARS -maybe I’ll watch it this weekend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter