The Professional Internship Questions Thread

has anyone heard from Disney Design Group - Character Artist?

What kinds of questions are you asked in an interview for AK? Do they ask you things like "What are your strengths and weaknesses etc."?

What kinds of questions are you asked in an interview for AK? Do they ask you things like "What are your strengths and weaknesses etc."?

What positions are you applying, it is probably different for each department. I got questions, "Why do you want to work for disney, where do you see yourself in 5 years from now, what does "integrity mean, list three ethical principles about yourself, how would your friends/co-worker/supervisor describe you, what is unique about you and what disney character you are most like?? These are a few I was asked, can't remember all of them, hope this helps and good luck!!! I'm pretty sure my friend "Brose244" will come on boards and add more to help you. Any more questions let me know!!!! Good luck!!! :thumbsup2

I had my second interview exactly one week ago today, and finally heard back from casting today. I was offerred Magic Kingdom Guest Relations and I am so super excited. My wife is also doing a professional internship at Animal Kingdom with Education Presentations. We are already ready to go!

I had my second interview exactly one week ago today, and finally heard back from casting today. I was offerred Magic Kingdom Guest Relations and I am so super excited. My wife is also doing a professional internship at Animal Kingdom with Education Presentations. We are already ready to go!

Casting also called me today and offered me Magic Kingdom Guest Relations!

So I know some people are still waiting to hear, to all of you good luck! :cheer2:

I'd like to ask about the January 2009 PIs...has anyone seen any up on disneycareers.com yet? Or does anyone know when they will start recruiting?

I think I'll apply to the CP for then anyways, but I would LOVE to get a PI instead since it'll be my only chance while I'm in college (unless maybe after I graduate)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, folks!

So I know some people are still waiting to hear, to all of you good luck! :cheer2:

I'd like to ask about the January 2009 PIs...has anyone seen any up on disneycareers.com yet? Or does anyone know when they will start recruiting?

I think I'll apply to the CP for then anyways, but I would LOVE to get a PI instead since it'll be my only chance while I'm in college (unless maybe after I graduate)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, folks!

They usually go up a month or so into the start of the current season. So they should be up mid-july!

Good luck! Which ones do you think you are going to apply for, or you aren't sure yet?

I applied for the entertainment production assistant and for the stage technition postions. The deadline to apply was March 7. I have not had any contact (first interview or otherwise) from Disney. I'm assuming that I did not recieve an internship, but it would still be nice to have some confirmation either way.

Hey-

Have you heard back for the Entertainment Production intern position yet? I just accepted over the phone today and would love to know someone before I get to FL.

Let me know.... ikswodas@hotmail.com

So I would like to keep track of all the PIs that people on this board either applied to or were accepted to:

So far I have seen

Entertainment Production
Rooms and Related
Animal Programs (Marine Mammals, Animal Behavior, Aquarist)
Animal Kingdom - Education Presentations
Magic Kingdom Guest Relations
Disney Design Group - Character Artist
Sales & Events

If there are more or I got the titles wrong, please send me a PM and I will update it!

Hey everyone! My name's Han, an I'm from MA. I just accepted my PI with Art/Entertainment Group for this summer. So far, I don't know what I would do as a so-called Professional Art intern. Has anyone done this internship before? Is there anyone else who got the same offer? I'd like to know some friends before I go there. ^^ Good luck for those who are still waiting for the results!:)

Hey everyone! My name's Han, an I'm from MA. I just accepted my PI with Art/Entertainment Group for this summer. So far, I don't know what I would do as a so-called Professional Art intern. Has anyone done this internship before? Is there anyone else who got the same offer? I'd like to know some friends before I go there. ^^ Good luck for those who are still waiting for the results!:)

Where in MA are you from? I live in Western MA. I'm moving to FL May 15th, I'm a Fall 08 PI hopefully.

Where in MA are you from? I live in Western MA. I'm moving to FL May 15th, I'm a Fall 08 PI hopefully.

Hi! I'm from South Hadley, i guess it's also in western MA. I'm a student at Mount Holyoke College. I'm flying to FL for my PI on May 20th~ Good luck on your PI result! Hope to see you in FL~ ;)

I feel like I read somewhere you can call to ask if the PI position you applied for has been filled...maybe I dreamed it, because I can't find what I originally read anywhere.

So is this true, and if so, what number do I call?
Thank you :)

It's true.. you can call Casting to find out if they filled the positions already. I can't remember the number, but it's probably the same number that called you for your first interview? Maybe someone knows what the exact number is. :)

Hi All!

I accepted a MI as front office in Coronado Springs hotel. Anybody have any idea what scheduling is like for front office management? I have no idea if MIs just get "the leftovers" and have split days off that vary every week or will have the same schedule each week? Will I be working mostly days/nights? Are there over night shifts? Hope someone out there can help in answering these questions!

Thanks! :)

Hi everyone! I'm new to this group, and wish I had known about it while I was going through the interview process - what an excruciating experience! But I am beginning my PI in the Entertainment Resource Center in August. I was wondering if anyone has ever worked there, or knows anything about it. I haven't seen it mentioned in any posts, so it's really a complete mystery to me! Other than the fact that it's a corporate library/archive, I'm not too sure what's in store.

Thanks for any info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter