The price of airfair is crazy!!!

stahshee

wheres my Camero?
I have been looking for air fair for us for Oct ,and I can not find any thing ,under 210 per person ect. Also the ones I find are not direct flight either..Can someone help me. I have even went to airports up to 3 hours away.... Im looking to go out of Rochester N.Y

Well frankly $210 is not a "crazy" airfare. However I think you are trying to purchase your airfare too far in advance. The current lowest fare from ROC-MCO is about $140 but is only valid thru April 30th. If you wait airlines will offer lower prices for your date of travel.

I have been looking for air fair for us for Oct ,and I can not find any thing ,under 210 per person ect. Also the ones I find are not direct flight either..Can someone help me. I have even went to airports up to 3 hours away.... Im looking to go out of Rochester N.Y

If $210 is "crazy" what do you consider reasonable? I fly out of JFK or LGA and flights are aound $218-$228 and I consider that reasonable. After I got my first full time job and thus my first vacation 20 years ago, I took my mother to WDW and strange as it seems I remember the cost of the plane tickets were $138 RT each person, in the past 20 years everything has risen in price so I would expect airline tickets to do the same.

I also don't think that $210 for a flight from the Northeast to Florida is 'crazy'. We've been spoiled for many years with airfare that is very much underpriced, and undervalued.

Are you flying around Columbus Day weekend? I know that all the schools in my state have that Monday off, and many school systems go half day Thursday, day off Friday, so it can make for a nice long weekend, and the airlines know that.

We are paying $228 each for a non-stop/round trip flight on JetBlue from Boston to Orlando and back again. These tickets were booked in June, and have not really ever gone down, and one leg keeps going up. We're flying at less than great times (8pm to 11pm both ways), but the price was terrific.

Have you tried searching on Kayak for your dates/times? They show all fares with the exception of Southwest, and might be a good way for you to compare.

I agrre with UVA abotu buying to far in advance. Try keeping on eye on them and look at the fares on Mon,Tues, & Wed-I have no idea why, but when I go to the airline websites on those days I notice unadvertised sale fares.

Hold your hat on! You are looking too early to fly from ROC. AirTran and JetBlue are your best bets for ROC to MCO for prices and direct flights. They haven't (as far as I know) released their dates for Oct. yet. Oct. is a very slow month for flights out of ROC so you'll find something in the $74 to $99 (one-way) range on a direct flight.

I fly out of Rochester into Orlando between 4 and 5 times a year. Trust me, you'll get a good rate on a direct flight with AirTran or JetBlue, but Oct. is too far away to be looking just yet.

:lmao: thank you all so much1 I will just save my money and wait.. I have been blessed and I have never paid over 200 with taxes per person(6 of us) ok I will wait:cloud9:

I'd wait til jetblue or airtran release their schedules. We fly out of ROC also, we're taking jetblue to Orlando (MCO) at $72 per seat, non-stop. We're flying back with airtran, again $72 per seat, non stop flight. The total cost for 3 adults is $531 including all taxes and fees including the cost to choose our seats on airtran's return flight. We only take non-stop flights as it's easier on the kids and I hate layovers.

I would love to find flights for $210 a piece! We are looking at about $400 each for tickets. If anyone knows of a site that sells cheap tickets from Seattle to MCO please let me know :goodvibes

Not to hijack but on the airtran note. When do they release their summer fares?
We are also flying from the Northeast and if you think you guys have it bad...you should see the price of flights from New Brunswick!:rotfl: Current prices are 2700 for 3 of us!

Im in the same boat. I am traveling from Philly to MCO or TPA the week of April 14th...the flight out on Tuesday I can get as low as $59. The flight back is about $145 and higher to come back on Sunday. Im driving if the flights dont come down so I can hold out till the last minute :thumbsup2
Im hoping to fly...I dread the drive but with the gas prices I say screw the airlines...Im not paying those prices but I do stalk southwest, farechase, farecast, airtran DAILY!!! :surfweb:

Im in the same boat. I am traveling from Philly to MCO or TPA the week of April 14th...the flight out on Tuesday I can get as low as $59. The flight back is about $145 and higher to come back on Sunday. Im driving if the flights dont come down so I can hold out till the last minute :thumbsup2
Im hoping to fly...I dread the drive but with the gas prices I say screw the airlines...Im not paying those prices but I do stalk southwest, farechase, farecast, airtran DAILY!!! :surfweb:

Really, your prices are not bad at all. That's the week after Easter so it would be expected that fares are higher than avg. If you could return on the Monday, you could probably get better fares going home. Sunday returns are always high.

I agree with others who have flown out of ROC. Unless it's a holiday time, you will get much cheaper flights with Airtran and Jetblue.
We flew on Airtran and it was a really good experience.

Really? GIven what it costs the airlines to fly per passenger, $204 round trip is entirely reasonable.

I only wish I could fly out of my local airport for $210 a person. Even Allegiant Air is $224 for the dates I need, and that is $200 per person chepaer than anyone else.

I agree with the others. You need to wait a bit before buying your tickets.

Oh I would be careful about waiting to book. I tried that in 2007. Jetblue started out about $94 each way. I waited to see if it would go down. Within 3 days it went UP and kept going UP. It is a crap shoot and prices can go either way. Waiting doesn't mean cheaper in my experience.

I agree about trying Jetblue though. I am waiting to for October as well. I will say that $210 isn't a bad price at all.

JetBlue actually isn't a crapshoot. Other than a sale, their published policy is, once a fare bucket sells out, they do not reduce the prices - say I buy my tickets at $100, and those are the last tickets at that price. Other people pay $125. I cancel. You go to buy tickets; you would expect to get 'my' $100 (not that you would know they exist, but in this example we know everything ;)) fare. Nope. You pay $125.

That's just their policy, and it is available on their site. Hold on, I have it open... okay, this http://help.jetblue.com/SRVS/CGI-BI...000000021627540,K=278,Sxi=4,Case=obj(1813)#s1 is the closest I could find for now
"Advertised and Lowest Fares
While our regular low fares are available throughout the year, we periodically offer
lower sale fares. We encourage you to book your reservation as early as possible
in order to take advantage of those special fares.

We begin selling seats on each flight at the lowest fare offered. When all seats
offered at that fare have been purchased, the next lower fare becomes available.
When booking online at jetblue.com, or through 1-800-JETBLUE, your first
quote is always the lowest fare available.
Fares are advertised and quoted one-way per Customer.
Because we are an instant purchase airline, all seats are sold on a first-come,
first-served basis. "

We are also trying to find "reasonable" airfare for four of us out of Chicago on 3/20 returning 3/27 or 3/28. Unfortunately, due to work and high school schedules we are limited to the days we can fly. I think I have come to terms with the fact we won't ever see airfares under $200 rt anymore, but $350 to $650 is just more than we can handle. What I am trying to figure out is if some of these flights only have say 10-15 seats sold and 75% of the seats open, do they come down with their airfares closer to travel dates? If they do come down, at what time frame--say a few weeks before or a month before?

This is really hard, we are very spoiled at doing our annual trip to WDW over our "spring" break and have for many years. Between the cost of airfare, lodging, and park tickets; it just seems out of reach this year. Is anyone else struggling with this, or maybe it's just us?

What is the latest I should wait for a good fare before I just buy before I am left with nothing? Our trip is June 20-27. :confused3 We usually fly Continental out of Newark.

JetBlue actually isn't a crapshoot. Other than a sale, their published policy is, once a fare bucket sells out, they do not reduce the prices - say I buy my tickets at $100, and those are the last tickets at that price. Other people pay $125. I cancel. You go to buy tickets; you would expect to get 'my' $100 (not that you would know they exist, but in this example we know everything ;)) fare. Nope. You pay $125.

That's just their policy, and it is available on their site. Hold on, I have it open... okay, this http://help.jetblue.com/SRVS/CGI-BI...000000021627540,K=278,Sxi=4,Case=obj(1813)#s1 is the closest I could find for now
"Advertised and Lowest Fares
While our regular low fares are available throughout the year, we periodically offer
lower sale fares. We encourage you to book your reservation as early as possible
in order to take advantage of those special fares.

We begin selling seats on each flight at the lowest fare offered. When all seats
offered at that fare have been purchased, the next lower fare becomes available.
When booking online at jetblue.com, or through 1-800-JETBLUE, your first
quote is always the lowest fare available.
Fares are advertised and quoted one-way per Customer.
Because we are an instant purchase airline, all seats are sold on a first-come,
first-served basis. "

Right. THis is what I meant. It is myth that waiting longer to book means getting lower prices. On Jetblue that isn't the case UNLESS you are lucky to find a sale for your dates and I NEVER EVER do. So knowing this i book the day they release.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter