The PGA Tour VS. The LIV Tour

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
With the LIV Tour now available on Television starting Tomorrow,as a PGA Tour fan,will you remain "loyal" to the PGA Tour and watch the PGA Tour only or will you watch BOTH the PGA Tour AND the LIV Tour?

Really has nothing to do with 'loyalty.'

I tried to watch one LIV tournament on YouTube last year and it just wasn't fun to watch.

It's a shotgun start, so everyone is playing at the same time. They just show shot after shot after shot without building any type of story. The "Team" competition is just a cluster. It's not really playing as teams, it's just adding up team members scores at the end, and the teams don't even play together.

They have a 'sponsorship' this year, not your typical sponsorship as usually the network pays you for your content, in this case LIV is paying the CW to show them.

My guess is most of the CW viewership is there for the Gilmore Girls reruns and they wont be happy with LIV preempting them.

I don't even think I get The CW on my streaming service (YouTube TV).

I watch a handful of golf events here and there, often just in the background as I'm doing other things. I certainly won't be searching out the LIV ones.

So,if I understand correctly,no one has a problem with how the LIV Tour was formed, you just don't like the product?

Well this site doesn't let you discuss politics (or religion) so most are avoiding comments about that. G. Norman seems to have some ax to grind with the PGA Tour over what exactly isn't clear to most people. Have ZERO interest in LIV and the majority of their golfers are either past their prime or ones not particularly well liked by their fellow pros and they all seem to be looking to make some guaranteed money. On all of the other major tours, you have to make the cut or you don't cash a check. That tends to weed out golfers who want to make a career as a touring pro but aren't good enough to compete with the best in the world. Whether or not you can view it on a lesser known TV network won't change who follows it. This endeavor will last until the source of money dries up. They are a money losing venture at this time.

If I were to drop the moral aspect, I see it as a money grab for some players. That's all it is. I disgusts me on a number of levels but mostly that they think they can quit one job go to another and at the same time should be able to drop in on occasion to their old job and suck money away from those that didn't get million dollar bonus's for changing. They don't play the same set of requirements but want the benefits of what they had before when it is comparing apples to oranges.

The whole "tour" makes me sick. I don't intend to watch it and I am thinking that whatever PGA tournament that they are allowed to play in will bring me anger instead of fun watching. If I never heard, saw or read again about any of the players on the LIV tour will be way to often. In case you couldn't figure it out from what I said... I hate the tour and everything it stands for. I hate the message it sends that the only thing that counts is money and the entitlement that seems to radiate throughout the membership.

So,if I understand correctly,no one has a problem with how the LIV Tour was formed, you just don't like the product?
No more than anyone else that does stupid things for money. But if you’re asking would I take Saudi money and leave my job for double the pay….probably not at this point in my life(59)

I have a huge problem with how LIV was formed.

It is an irrational business model with unlimited financing by a foreign government.

It just doesn't scream fair. A Saudi Prince in conjunction with "Table for one", Greg Norman, wakes up one day and decides he wants to take over professional golf. Their plan is to throw billions of government money at golf without any chance of ever being profitable.

I guess you just need to be happy they didn't decide to try to take over the market of the company you work for?

As I understand it, the monopoly PGA is feeling threatened by this new league, even though they are highly profitable with solid TV and endorsements in place. And I don’t believe the livelihood of any current PGA player is in jeopardy. In fact, the PGA increased purses to keep players there (and there’s presumably less competition now to win money). So why do privileged multimillionaires like McIlroy care if others want to try this new way and have guaranteed income? He’s still getting paid. It seems like it’s just jealousy or insecurity.

I have no problem with Mcleroy’s comments, he’s supporting his brand. I do not like shotgun start especially from a betting aspect as I play fantasy golf and big factor is what times people are playing. Most of the times morning starts are better as greens get more difuclt. And I like to use any advantage I can.

So why do privileged multimillionaires like McIlroy care if others want to try this new way and have guaranteed income? He’s still getting paid. It seems like it’s just jealousy or insecurity.

I think it's because many of the players jumping to LIV made their fortunes on the PGA Tour. But, these multimillionaires had to trash the PGA on the way out the door. Many players are proud of the tour, proud to be a part of it, it's hard to take criticism from these players who were happy making millions on the tour until their talents started deteriorating and they switched tours just for the money.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with making as much as you can in your line of work, DJ, Harold Varner and others were able to do the best thing for their earnings and families without biting the hand that made them what they are.

I think it's because many of the players jumping to LIV made their fortunes on the PGA Tour. But, these multimillionaires had to trash the PGA on the way out the door. Many players are proud of the tour, proud to be a part of it, it's hard to take criticism from these players who were happy making millions on the tour until their talents started deteriorating and they switched tours just for the money.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with making as much as you can in your line of work, DJ, Harold Varner and others were able to do the best thing for their earnings and families without biting the hand that made them what they are.
I agree-the LIV Tour just has a huge YUCK Factor.

But I see they are cutting edge and are wearing their Shorts!lol

I guess you just need to be happy they didn't decide to try to take over the market of the company you work for?
Why? Correct me if I'm wrong, but on the PGA, you have "place" (finish in top 'x' spots) to get paid, right? The LIV is a guaranteed salary, plus bonus money for placing?

Give me guaranteed money every time. I could never be a sales person and rely on commissions. I want that guaranteed check.

I have been watching for about an hour and really gonna stop the giant team score on the left side of the screen is awful.

Why? Correct me if I'm wrong, but on the PGA, you have "place" (finish in top 'x' spots) to get paid, right? The LIV is a guaranteed salary, plus bonus money for placing?

Give me guaranteed money every time. I could never be a sales person and rely on commissions. I want that guaranteed check.
The PGA Tour is open, your talent is the only deciding factor whether you play or not. PGA tournaments every week have a Monday qualifying to give any one a chance to play.

The LIV Tour is Greg Norman's 'Chosen 48', you don't even have to be good enough to compete, if Greg thinks your name will advance LIV golf, you get to be included.

So, you can be a top level golfer sitting on the sidelines watching players on the LIV Tour shoot 25 over par for the tournaments and win a guaranteed $110,000

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter