• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Orville

I really liked the first two episodes despite some shaky jokes, but the third one was very blah. To me it was such a dated entry into the conversation and it didn't fit with the tone of the other episodes. I appreciate what they were trying to do but it just felt like a half-hearted effort.

Just watched the 3rd episode. Not the ending I hoped for. Dh said the show reminds him a lot of next gen.

I just watched the 4th episode, it has a plot very similar to a Star Trek episode, don't want to give any spoilers, so I won't give the title. The 3rd episode's plot was very similar to an episode of ST:TNG. This show is just average and if they keep repeating plots from Star Trek than I don't think it will last very long.

Yes, I've been hearing that the plots of this show are similar to Star Trek. But I've only ever seen a handful of the 1960's Star Trek episodes in reruns, so it's new to me.

So far I've seen the 3rd and 4th episodes and I'm enjoying it. But really the only reason I'm watching is because it follows Gotham. If it was broadcast at some other time I probably wouldn't bother.

I really like this. I grew up with ST and I watched most of the spin offs and I found this to be really entertaining. Kind of real conversations and how most people would interact but with cool futuristic themes and scifi setting.

Bonus for the Liam Neeson cameo.

We specifically like it *because* it riffs on Star Trek. Some of the one liners are hilarious.

I just watched the first episode this morning (Saturday, 09/30/2017) and I loved it. I'm going to enjoy this show.

I normally do not like Seth Macfarlane or his humor. But, I watched the first episode because so many on this thread, who are trekkies, liked it. Surprisingly, I liked it too. :thumbsup2 I noticed Brannon Braga, who was a producer on ST:TNG is a producer on this too. I'll watch the next few episodes, I hope it isn't going to be a let down.

I can't get over how much Seth Macfarlane looks like Peter Brady. :lmao:

I also have to admit I love that even though it is not Brent Spinner I love that Isaac SOUNDS like Data from ST:TNG

Unfortunately, I'm also keeping up with Discovery right now, and it's a lot of Trek. That being said I love Star Trek, So I think I will continue on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter