The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

Wait there was a villain's version of world of color? How did I miss this? I really hope they bring it back
It was called Villainous and was only shown during the 2019 OBB (parks closed for 2020, WOC still broken during the 2021 OBB, no mention of it for this years OBB yet). There are plenty of YouTube videos of it. It was a "story" of a completely new character named Shelley Marie trying to decide on her Halloween costume. We missed it on our 2019 party night- just too much other stuff to do. I also have memories that it wasn't super well received/didn't live up to what people were hoping for. I LOVE Villains and and I LOVE WoC but I remember I de-prioritized it from our party plans after reading/seeing people's thoughts. I don't think it was terrible, but I recall that picking between that and Villains Grove in our planning was a no-brainer for VG for me after reading stuff on the boards and elsewhere.

It was called Villainous and was only shown during the 2019 OBB (parks closed for 2020, WOC still broken during the 2021 OBB, no mention of it for this years OBB yet). There are plenty of YouTube videos of it. It was a "story" of a completely new character named Shelley Marie trying to decide on her Halloween costume. We missed it on our 2019 party night- just too much other stuff to do. I also have memories that it wasn't super well received/didn't live up to what people were hoping for. I LOVE Villains and and I LOVE WoC but I remember I de-prioritized it from our party plans after reading/seeing people's thoughts. I don't think it was terrible, but I recall that picking between that and Villains Grove in our planning was a no-brainer for VG for me after reading stuff on the boards and elsewhere.
I would agree with this statement. I don’t specifically remember anything that stood out with it in 2019 other than seeing how many people were pulled over to see it. That’s a person that isn’t in line for something else 🤣

I can’t remember if they showed it twice a night in 2019 or just once… the party certainly felt less busy in 2019 though, there was one point where Guardians was essentially walk on for like 45 minutes and I could do it about four times back to back with zero wait. Last year I don’t recall it ever being *that* quick, maybe a ten minute wait.

I did however miss Villains Grove in 2019, likely because the parade and WOC and when I went by the grove line was like 45+ minutes…

I personally just love WOC in general so I would like seeing it return. Also, I can’t lie, I like watching so many people go stand around for 30+ minutes watching the show and drawing crowds away from other stuff :)

I’ll also add in… I seriously feel like last year I watched the party sell out and then watched dates occasionally come back available BUT, just accessed it by using the standard link on Disneyland’s main page for special ticketed events. I didn’t have to save a specific URL or anything…

Can anyone confirm if this years behavior (where the calendar of dates isn’t even accessible now & it just shows sold out) is new? Or has it always been like this?

I’m *very* curious if maybe Disney released either less tickets in general and thus sold out “for good,” or released all the tickets they normally would but instead of a few batches just all on one go this year. The selfish part of me wouldn’t mind if it’s truly sold out right now because of a small ticket allocation or something…

Have not seen it personally,

there was also some controversy over it..

When James Gunn made what Disney determined to be inappropriate tweets and fired him, a comedian, Bobcat Goldthwait, made a tweet supporting James Gunn and leaked world of color villainous and asked Disney to take his voice out of it.

Makes one wonder if that has anything to do with it not coming back.

When James Gunn made what Disney determined to be inappropriate tweets and fired him, a comedian, Bobcat Goldthwait, made a tweet supporting James Gunn and leaked world of color villainous and asked Disney to take his voice out of it.

Oh that's right- I forgot about all that drama!!

I’m *very* curious if maybe Disney released either less tickets in general and thus sold out “for good,” or released all the tickets they normally would but instead of a few batches just all on one go this year. The selfish part of me wouldn’t mind if it’s truly sold out right now because of a small ticket allocation or something…
I've been wondering the same thing. I chuckle as a write this, but could it be that Disney heard the complaints of those who felt the party was too crowded and limited tickets this year? Probably not, but a girl can dream.

I was hoping they might release more tickets because now I really want to go! Somehow I didn't think they sell out as fast as Star Wars nite so I didn't even try to get tickets the first day or so.

I hate having to plan so far in advance for something that involves non refundable tickets since we live in Houston, Texas, and a million things can come up between now and then, but I saw how fast they were selling out, and pulled the trigger and got our tix for Sunday, October 2nd. We initially wanted Tuesday, October 4th, but it sold out so fast! Our school district has Fall break the first week of October, so it's a perfect time for us to go. My daughter and I went last year and it was one of our best DL visits ever! This year, we are taking my Mom along. We will also do one full day at DL, and a day at Knott's.

If, by chance, you plan to stay on site in the past there have been a few tickets you can purchase day-of for onsite guests. It can be competitive and you need to be at the hotel GS desk pretty early in the morning but it's something to keep in mind.
We are on site so I will be on the look out for day of tickets. At WDW they always allowed military members to buy day of even on sold out party dates for MNSSHP, meaning it wasn't a few and if you missed it you were out of luck. Is this something they do for OBB?

I’ll also add in… I seriously feel like last year I watched the party sell out and then watched dates occasionally come back available BUT, just accessed it by using the standard link on Disneyland’s main page for special ticketed events. I didn’t have to save a specific URL or anything…

Can anyone confirm if this years behavior (where the calendar of dates isn’t even accessible now & it just shows sold out) is new? Or has it always been like this?
I kept an eye on it last year and this quick sell out is new. I went back and looked at the thread from last year. The tickets went on sale on July 13, and the party dates were not completely sold out until August 21. (On July 30, there was only one October date left). After that, dates occasionally would pop up available. I don't recall not being able to access the calendar from the website at all like it is right now.

Last edited:
Maybe with the staffing issues they really did sell less..
This is more what I was thinking. That they may still be having staffing issues and rather then overbook and "hope it gets better by then" and scramble offering overtime or something they just adjusted down to smooth out the staffing a little bit more.

I know last October they were still *very* rough with some areas when it came to staffing, table service places was a big one. I've never noticed anyone in training before or looking confused and last October there were a number of times I saw staff asking more Sr staff which table was which, how to answer specific questions, etc. I talked to a few of them that mentioned they were "filling in" when they normally worked another table service location because there were so many shifts posted that others could pick up.

I highly doubt Disney enjoys running their system with so many unknowns, even if it doesn't come down to pure guest experience, I'm sure Disney wants to limit how many staff might be confused in different spots etc. It may also be that the push for extra shifts has started to dry up a year later and Disney *is* having a hard time filling extra shifts on the fly.

Could be a lot going on. I totally thought labor would be back to normal by now....

There also is some precedence for this; I never expected ALL the magic keys to be gone. I thought at some point Disney would adjust the price point (or release a new level so as not to tip off renewals to what the new price might be) and just price it much higher to try and self limit. We're essentially back to no annual passes even though we have an existing pool amongst the population. When was the last time Disney DIDN'T have annual passes, other than pandemic time...

Thoughts on our plans please…

In Anaheim for a day and a half, the afternoon of Oct 22 and all day on Oct 23. OBB tickets for Oct 23, planning on doing DL on the afternoon (3pm on) and evening of Oct 22 with single day/park tickets and then do DCA from 3pm on during OBB. Will this work out okay?

We are WDW passholders, so will be focusing mostly on just the stuff that’s different or not at WDW at all, so we don‘t need to try to do stuff like GE, for example. We are Halloween junkies, but don’t tend to do character meets, but we will want to do the parade and treat trails at OBB.

How bad will the crowds be then? Anything in particular that we might have trouble getting done in those time frames? Thoughts? Things to consider?

Side question, when can we book dining for those dates? I’m kind of hoping to do Blue Bayou on the Saturday, not sure what to book for OBB, but would maybe want a table service since the last time we went DCA was a zoo and we couldn’t find anywhere to eat. Or are we better off eating a late lunch in DTD before heading into OBB?

In Anaheim for a day and a half, the afternoon of Oct 22 and all day on Oct 23. OBB tickets for Oct 23, planning on doing DL on the afternoon (3pm on) and evening of Oct 22 with single day/park tickets and then do DCA from 3pm on during OBB. Will this work out okay?

We are WDW passholders, so will be focusing mostly on just the stuff that’s different or not at WDW at all, so we don‘t need to try to do stuff like GE, for example. We are Halloween junkies, but don’t tend to do character meets, but we will want to do the parade and treat trails at OBB.

How bad will the crowds be then? Anything in particular that we might have trouble getting done in those time frames? Thoughts? Things to consider?

Side question, when can we book dining for those dates? I’m kind of hoping to do Blue Bayou on the Saturday, not sure what to book for OBB, but would maybe want a table service since the last time we went DCA was a zoo and we couldn’t find anywhere to eat. Or are we better off eating a late lunch in DTD before heading into OBB?
I wouldn’t use party time during OBB for table service. It goes by fast. Especially if you want to do treat trails, parade, and Villains Grove. But if you can get something between 3 and 6 that would work. The mix in time gets really busy.

You can make reservations 60 days beforehand.

You should 100% see haunted mansion holiday at Disneyland while you are there.

As for food at DCA:

I would try for a reservation or make a mobile order earlier in the day for between that 3-6 time. Personally I would go for lamplight lounge. It's my must do at DCA.

When we were at OBB in 2019 his voice was still in it. They didn't end up removing it. It is possible that he was in it more and they trimmed his part down, but I do remember thinking "hey, they didn't take him out".

Do any of the stores on the Buena Vista Street stay open after the party, or is it a hard close at 11:00 p.m.?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter