The One Where It All Went Wrong 12/3-12/6

Just stumbled on your trip report and I am loving it!
I love that you were able to have a vacation with just your daughter... I hope to do that someday when my kids are older!
I can imagine how you felt during the passport situation! We had our passports stolen once when we were in San Francisco (and we are Canadian so we NEEDED those passports to get back home) and we had to deal with all the embassy stuff and paperwork... everything was ok in the end but since then I have PTSD - every time we misplace our passports even for a second I hyperventilate and get a panic attack! Glad everything was ok for you, but it must have put a damper on your Epcot day!

You have some amazing pictures in Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom. I am totally butt hurt over Primevil Whirl...how could you not love that ride?

Just stumbled on your trip report and I am loving it!
I love that you were able to have a vacation with just your daughter... I hope to do that someday when my kids are older!
I can imagine how you felt during the passport situation! We had our passports stolen once when we were in San Francisco (and we are Canadian so we NEEDED those passports to get back home) and we had to deal with all the embassy stuff and paperwork... everything was ok in the end but since then I have PTSD - every time we misplace our passports even for a second I hyperventilate and get a panic attack! Glad everything was ok for you, but it must have put a damper on your Epcot day!

Lauren and I have a great time together. I love doing this now that she's older. She can do her own thing and I can do mine then we can come back together.
You have some amazing pictures in Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom. I am totally butt hurt over Primevil Whirl...how could you not love that ride?

Thats really sweet. I always feel like I'm a terrible picture taker. I would also like to thank the weather for cooperating and providing a fabulous background!

Thank goodness you got your passport!!

Let's just say I will NEVER make the mistake of leaving my DL behind ever again!
Great read. Thanks for posting!

Thanks for reading!!!

]
I'm just curious how this all ends. Did you serve your husband with divorce papers?

Im just saying I still haven't ruled that out as an option!

Guys, Im still here and we're not done yet. But I clocked 100 hours last payperiod. Stick with me??? I'll get it done. Plus, I have VERY exciting news!

Well, we've almost made it to the end! Maybe that's why I've procrastinated so much on this last update. Its the end all over again!
12/6 Sivako!

When we left off, we had just ridden Dinosaur. After a bathroom break, we ordered food from Satuli Canteen at 4:05. It was ready by 4:11.

The food here is sooo good. And I'm terrible. I order the exact same thing every time. The Beef on the hash base with the vinaigrette AND the mousse. I think I order the mousse A) because I love it B) because no one else in my family likes it so I get the whole thing to myself. The only bad thing about this restaurant is that the food is sooooo good that I inhale it. And then the CMs look at you like, "Ummm, your done eating. Stop holding up the table."

The theming in this restaurant is just over the top for a CS restaurant. You really do just want to sit there for an hour or more to soak it all in! Ij keeping with our theme of lighting choices, I took this picture of the ceiling. I mean, really! How do you think this would look in my living room? We finished our meal about 4:30.

Next up was FoP, but in order to ride we had to head back to Africa! So off we went! The line ended on the bridge and it was a posted 70 minute wait. The time was 4:35. And now, I shall spam you with subpar pictures from the line of FoP.

Lighting choices. Who would've thought to consider this detail when theming a land?

Remember back before this opened and we all wondered how they were going to pull off hanging mountains?

A quick pic for the bf.

Which plants are real and which are fake?

Who doesn't love a waterfall? #backyardgoals

Looking back down over the land from high up in the mountains of Pandora!

TBC...

12/6: Sivako Part Deux

We finally made it to the interior of the queue. (a fun fact I learned about this attraction, it will process approximately 1200 guests per hour when running at full capacity.)

Bioluminescence. Y'all know my phone doesn't like low light, so these will all be a little blurry.

Do not EVER stick me in a tube of water. Ever.

We only waited 50 minutes until we reached the link chamber. We were off the ride at 5:37. By this point in the trip, I had all the fun I could stand. My lower back was telling me that I was 45. So I sent Lauren off to ride EE without me.

I went for more coffee. Then, I had a magical experience.

An empty Pizzafari. I probably sat in here for a good 30-45 minutes enjoying the quiet, getting warm. And I made a couple of phone calls to family. Towards the end another family with a couple of toddlers came in. Those littles were loud and running all over the place. So I wandered out to catch the Tree of Life Awakenings.

Eventually Lauren found me. She doesn't care too much about the projections on the tree so we bid goodbye to Animal Kingdom.

Now It's Time to Say Goodbye and See Ya Real Soon!

So that's where my notes end. I know we caught an uber back to B Resort, picked up our luggage and caught an uber to MCO. Uber dropped us off at the ticketing counter so we had to make the walk through MCO to the Hyatt.

I snapped this picture of the area just outside TSA while taking the elevator up to the check in desk. However, this is my last picture of the trip. Shame I didn't take a picture of our room/from our room. We had a room that overlooked this area. The doors were locked to the balcony. (No more jumpers! Lauren was a little disturbed when I told her there had been a jumper.) The next morning accesing our terminal was a breeze, With my passport in hand there were no issues with TSA! We landed back in Dallas about 1 and were headed toward my parents by 2. I went home the following day.

It was a great trip. I would love to do this once a year with Lauren, even if it isn't always a trip to Disney World. Not having FP was interesting. The lines moved quickly though. All in All I would recommend 10/10. (Or maybe not, you know, like to keep crowds low so I can enjoy more!)

On that note...... 13 days!!

13 days until what?

13 days until this:

That's right folks! I'm headed back to Disney! This time I'm staying at THE CONTEMPORARY!!!! How many of you saw this coming? Come on, who caught on to the subtle hints that I dropped? I spent the last day of my trip texting with my friend Tammy and getting this all set up. Originally we were going to stay at Carribean Beach, but then we ran the numbers again and for only $1k more we could pull off a Garden Wing Room. Its definitely a splurge, but neither of us could ever afford this room on our own, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity!

We fly out of our little airport at 6:10 on February 20 and arrive just after noon. We spend 8 glorious nights here and have 6 days in the parks. But we're most excited to try out Gideon's Bakehouse and Everglazed.
So with that announcement, I'll be back and I'll See YOU GUYS REAL SOON!

Thanks for sharing your trip! It sounds like a good one overall, despite the mishaps.

My mom and I try to take an annual trip, but it doesn't always happen. Sometimes it's to Disney, but one time it was to Ikea. :rotfl:

Note: Ikea is 3+ hours away in Portland, and we also went to a Pixar exhibit at a museum.

I hope you enjoy your next trip. I love the energy at the Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower. There's a patio/large balcony at the end of the concourse level where the gift shops are on the north end, and you can sit and watch the monorails and see Magic Kingdom.

IMG_4954-M.jpg

View attachment 549634

Hands down the BEST purchase I've made at Disney EVER. It was $79.99. So yes, it was crazy expensive. I wondered if I had lost my mind. But people...if you have the chance to purchase this on ShopDisney, DO IT. This thing is SOOOO warm and snuggly. I wear it on average of twice a week. And it is sooooo warm. It was 28* here this morning and I wore this to all of my Dr.s appt with NO COAT.

I have to thank you for this - I literally never read trip reports but found yours and loved following along! And I bought this sweatshirt because you raved about it when I was there 2 weeks ago, AND IT IS AMAZING. Now half of my family owns one as well. :)

when my girls were babies I used to sing them "great big beautiful tomorrow" as a lullaby, I can't wait to show them the real thing one day

12/3: Rebel or Imperial Informer?

Since it wasn't a far journey from Andy's backyard to Batuu, off we went!
View attachment 549361

We took several pictures just to send back home...well, mainly to convince the boyfriend he needed to visit WDW.

View attachment 549363

View attachment 549364

Troublemakers.
View attachment 549365

View attachment 549366

Which do you think is better themed? Pandora, Toy Story Land, or Galaxy's Edge? Or do you think its a tossup?

View attachment 549367

This was the line for Millenium Falcon Smuggler's Run. It was 4:20 in the afternoon and the posted wait from the CM sign was 50 minutes.

View attachment 549368

View attachment 549369

TBC....
It's hard to top the theming at Pandora, but Galaxy Edge comes close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter