The Olympics

I had a great time last night at the opening ceremony and have recorded it so we can compare what was shown on TV to what we saw.

Also got tennis and basketball tickets becuae of which we are now very broke.

Been watching the Olympics all day on the TV, gutted for Mark Cav.

I had a great time last night at the opening ceremony and have recorded it so we can compare what was shown on TV to what we saw.

I bet the atmosphere was amazing? A few of our group went to Hyde park and had difficulty getting out. They arrived back at the Uni where we are staying at 1.30am and they had to be at work at 4.30am:scared1:

Enjoy the Harry Potter tour - it is amazing!

Thank you, really looking forward to it..:)

And I thought Paul was great, just to add a note of decention.

Perhaps the time delay made it sound better:rotfl:

Wow I bet it was fab being there. Yes gutted for Mark Cavendish as well. We did well in the rowing though.:thumbsup2

I bet the atmosphere was amazing? A few of our group went to Hyde park and had difficulty getting out. They arrived back at the Uni where we are staying at 1.30am and they had to be at work at 4.30am:scared1:

Yeah the atmosphere was great. We got out no problem but didn't get home till about 2.30am, slept till 11.30am though.

Loved the opening ceremony! Made me very proud to be british!
I am very excited for the gymnastics! I'm going to see the womens qualifying tomorrow so cannot wait!! Anyone else going?

Loved the opening ceremony! Made me very proud to be british!
I am very excited for the gymnastics! I'm going to see the womens qualifying tomorrow so cannot wait!! Anyone else going?

no but very much wish I was. I think the gymnastics are my fav of the olympics. Have a fab time.

I thought Zara Phillips did really well in the dressage today.:thumbsup2 Hope the massive downpour of rain we just got here doesn't reach them..

I loved the opening ceremony ..... well most of it. They could have chosen better bands and Paul Macartney was dire. Loved the final bit with the torch lighting and the first bit with the industrial landscape etc. Might watch bits and bobs but I don't watch much TV anyway so likely won't see much. But good luck team GB.

well done to our mens gymnastic team...a bronze medal, how fab was that. Mind you I was gutted for them when they had the silver for 10 mins then it got taken away. But wow what an achievement:banana:

Don't think we are going to get anywhere close to the medal tally from the Bejing Olympics...

Don't think we are going to get anywhere close to the medal tally from the Bejing Olympics...

No, our hopes were a little high after the 2008 achievements. I think all our team have improved since then - it's just that everyone else has got even better!

I went to the basketball today. The weather wasn't very good but I absolutely loved visiting the park. Our view of the games was very good despite being in the "cheap seats". The second match we saw was GB v Brazil. It was very moving when we sang the national anthem at the beginning of the match. Sadly we lost but it was a very exciting game that could have gone either way right up until the last 4 minutes.

Massive congratulations to the UK Equestrian Team for their Silver Medal in the 3 day eventing ... gripping stuff as it was sooooo close. Only 2 points away from the Gold :dance3:

I still think its early days regarding medals, in Sydney we won loads towards the end of the games. You just need one person to win gold and then it takes the pressure off.

Got to see the ladies hockey yesterday and team GB, the atmosphere in the stadium was amazing and the girls played really well. Loved it.

Got my first shift up here today which i'm looking forward to:thumbsup2

Well we have a gold now :) wooohooo

now we have TWO :cool1:

We are finding we are living off pasta at the moment for our evening meals as its really quick todo..can't drag myself away from watching the olympics for long enough to make anything more adventurous. I keep sitting down for 10 mins then finding its hours later before I actually move again! Loving it so far.

COME ON TEAM GB...:cool1:

YAY to team GB for grabbing lots of lovely medals today ... make me proud to be British :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 We were so excited in work watching the girls win the rowing

Love all the patriotism that's come about during the olympics! I've always admired the US for it's patriotic views on the country.

Britain really seem to be coming together! We loved the gymnastics, especially the women's.

My dad works in London and is dreading going back to work on Monday. It must be PACKED.

There was a piece on the news about how Central London's traffic and footfall is actually DOWN, the Crowds seem to be confined to Olympic park.

I love the national pride too! It's really been a fantastic year to be British. Haven't missed a minute of the games so far, hooked!

I hate national pride in all honesty but have been enjoying watching the Olympics and seeing little glimpse of sports I'd have never normally watched :)

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter