The Official Spring 2014 Professional Internship Thread

That makes enough sense for me. I figured it was sort of like pending, I just didn't know if there was something else I was missing. Thanks!!

I'm still waiting, I had a phone interview back in September and I've been 'In Progress' ever since! pirate:

New to these forums after doing a search "how hard is it to get into the graphic design internship at disney". I got my call on Wednesday, and I am in IP (maniacally checking a few times a day), my recruiter told me I would find out around December. I uploaded a bunch of documents to the dashboard last night but not sure if they will be seen, references, portfolio ( I emailed my recruiter to see who I could send them to but sadly she is out of the office till Monday), I see that like me the wait is the worse part. And as you can guess I applied for Graphic Design in marketing.

Graphic Design internships are very competitive and arguably difficult to get. Most positions require an online portfolio (personal web site, behance, etc.) so make sure you double check that. They often specifically state to NOT upload documents because they want ONLY online portfolios.

I'm not saying you can't or won't get one, but I know for a fact that some areas that offer design PIs receive hundreds of applications. Good luck to you.

Oh they have my behance.net but yeah maybe I should add all my jobs there too. I'm hoping my internship with WWE also helps me shine.

Hey Guys, even though I haven't been active I always read the threats and I wanted to share my timeline with all of you.
9/11 applied online (about 6 positions total all in HR or Marketing)
9/19 phone interview schedule
9/24 phone interview with general recruiter
10/2 e-mail received stating background check and stuff
10/28 Phone call from recruiter to schedule interview with Team Manager
10/30 Phone interview with Manager
11/7 Change in status to "post-interview stage"
11/19 Offer received by phone... and Accepted!

I hope this can help some people who are still waiting. Good Luck!

I had my phone interview at the beginning of September, after the interview my dashboard switched to 'In Progress' and it has remained there ever since.

During my interview the cast member from casting told me the deadline is November 25th.

I'm still listed as 'In Progress' with no second interview, post interview stage, background check, nothing.

I'm trying not to be pessimistic but I don't think I'm getting it and it would be super helpful if I would get NLIC already so I can move forward with my plans. Unless of course someone here has been in a similar boat, I don't think I'm waking up to an offer on the 25th, though.

Please let me know-
Thanks,

My daughter is in a similar boat. Applied early as a CP Alum. She had her interview shortly after and nothing but in progress since. She has pretty much given up hope of PI. She is finishing her last classes this semester and needs an internship to graduate. She has started applying like crazy for other internships so that she can graduate. She had held back because she didn't want to accept another opportunity in case the Disney PI came through. Now she is in a bit of a panic. I am sure she will find something, she has a great resume, but she is really disappointed to not hear anything from Disney regarding the PI.

jb

So I found out I never got an interview for youth events because I didn't put on my resume that I was in band for 8 years and dance for 10 (aka youth programming experience). I'm so annoyed at myself, I thought it was more about competition so I did put marching band and dance competition but not that I specifically took classes. I am completely qualified for it but they didn't even know. I'm going to have to take a class next fall to apply again haha.

So I found out I never got an interview for youth events because I didn't put on my resume that I was in band for 8 years and dance for 10 (aka youth programming experience). I'm so annoyed at myself, I thought it was more about competition so I did put marching band and dance competition but not that I specifically took classes. I am completely qualified for it but they didn't even know. I'm going to have to take a class next fall to apply again haha.

Ah that's rough! How did you find that out?

Hopefully next semester will work out for you :)

Don't feel so bad about it. I put on my resume that I've played in middle school, high school, and college band. I've also taught high school and middle school band for three years and I didn't get an interview either.

Yes. I participated as a student at Disney and also took my band there once when I was teaching. I also hosted and participated in festivals each year. Oh well. I know they get a lot of qualified people who apply

Hey guys!! I'm a Senior at Kent State University studying Visual Communication Design with a concentration in Photo Illustration, along with two minors - Fine Art and Graphic Design & Illustration! I have applied for two PI's this year for Fall 2014! Disney Yellow Shoes - Photography Internship and a Character Art internship. I am super interested in both of course, and two weeks ago I had my first phone interview for both positions! I think I totally nailed it, but it's been two weeks and I haven't heard a thing of seen my dashboard move. I'm used to this waiting game with Disney, but I'm just so excited!!! Anyone else applying for Yellow Shoes? :D Good luck to all applying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter