The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

New DVC owner here! We just bought at Riviera earlier this week.

I may have missed this info elsewhere, but is anyone staying in a RIV deluxe studio soon who might be able to measure the pull down single bed?

I’ve read everything I could find and the info is conflicting. One CM on the Disney site said they are twin size beds and another CM on the site said they are the smaller bunk size beds (there are also some who say the studio single bed is a smaller bunk size, but the 1-bdrm single bed is a larger twin).
This may not make much difference to most, but I’ve got big older boys and I want to make sure there’s room for everyone, while also maxing out the amount of vacations we can take with our points. Thanks in advance!

Congrats! Did you get them to book your welcome home stay? It's possible for them to get you a room even if the site says it's sold out for your desired dates. Also, did you get a guaranteed week? It doesn't cost you anything for one but it could increase resale value later for multiple reasons.

Anyone know if the store sells coffee filters for the pot in the room? If not, what size should I bring from home?

Congrats! Did you get them to book your welcome home stay? It's possible for them to get you a room even if the site says it's sold out for your desired dates. Also, did you get a guaranteed week? It doesn't cost you anything for one but it could increase resale value later for multiple reasons.
Thanks!! No. My guide told me to and then when the RIV wasn’t available for Mardi Gras, I called CS and it was busy for like 3 hours. So I booked the Poly just because I was shocked it was open-that’s always been our favorite resort. Called immediately the next morning and CS told me there’s nothing she could do for me at all since I booked the Poly. So I’m on the waitlist for RIV and booked for Poly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I’ve had worse problems.

I do think a “Welcome Home should really be your first stay, not your first booking. A bit of a bummer to spend 40k and have them say there will be no bigger welcome on our first stay.

Anyone know if the store sells coffee filters for the pot in the room? If not, what size should I bring from home?
The resort provides coffee in filter packets, and you can get more from housekeeping on request. If you want to bring your own grounds and filters, the pots are 10-12 cup drip pots using flat bottom filters. Studios may have the 4-cup pots, but again you can request the larger size from housekeeping. I think the tower studios have Keurig coffee makers.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom and the coffee pot was 12 cups and used one of those reusable cone filter baskets. The tower studio had a mini one cup Keurig.

Yes, our 2bd had a cone coffee pot with a reusable basket.

Just back from our third post-covid trip to RR and we've stayed in every room except the grand villa. Some random comments ...

* This is the first trip where we've gotten daily 'safety checks'. I don't mind them in principle, but I wish they'd just be transparent about why they are there. They come to the door and pretend they are checking on the room itself -- literally flicking light switches up and down, turning the water on and off, etc -- instead of just saying they are there to check each room for safety reasons. During covid especially, I wish they'd just come in and quickly check each room instead of touching surfaces and talking incessantly about BS. We complained to management but could tell they didn't agree.

* Skyliner was pretty reliable despite storms (although mileage varies depending on when you visit parks). When it was closed one evening, we were directed to the beach club for a bus. There was ample signage as well as several cast members directing people at the bus depot. My only complaint would be that RR was the last stop on the skyliner resorts bus, so it took almost an hour.

* Food was pretty disappointing all around except at RR. The food there is still great and Bar Riva is my favorite place for a late night snack and drink. I wish they were open later though (after park close) but I have that complaint at every disney resort.

* Most activities are back to normal at the resort.

* We really, really missed FPs (we aren't rope droppers) so we were glad to be at RR where it's nice just to hang at the resort.

* The pools never seemed overly crowded. This was the first time though that we experienced the afternoon pool activity thing at RR, with hula hoop competitions, loud party music, and the like. I didn't like it and it really ruined the vibe in Bar Riva. Why is that stuff necessary at the pools?

* Housekeeping never came except to 'check' on the room. Why not at least drop off some TP??

* The skyliner seemed to have expanded their hours to 1 1/2 hours past closing. Never checked in the morning, sorry.

Overall -- We love the resort but we are an older couple with college age children. I don't know if I would have liked it as much when our kids were little and we were rope dropping parks and taking afternoon breaks. The room is fantastic compared to other older DVC resorts, but I'm not sure if the kids would have been bored at RR or it would have been necessary to rent a car. OTOH, with DME going away and more people renting a car, maybe it wouldn't matter. Dunno.

Also, we agreed we are not going back until disney gets their %$#& together. I don't mind overpaying when we have a lot of fun, but you really notice the prices when the food is bad, the rides go down too often, the ambiance is off, and the crowds are bigger than WDW is currently equipped to handle. Maybe because we've been DVC members for almost 20 years we notice what's missing more than other people. Not sure. But whatever the reason, lower your expectations if you have a trip planned ... RR is great but the rest of disney is still a bit of a letdown.

Yes, our 2bd had a cone coffee pot with a reusable basket.

Just back from our third post-covid trip to RR and we've stayed in every room except the grand villa. Some random comments ...

* This is the first trip where we've gotten daily 'safety checks'. I don't mind them in principle, but I wish they'd just be transparent about why they are there. They come to the door and pretend they are checking on the room itself -- literally flicking light switches up and down, turning the water on and off, etc -- instead of just saying they are there to check each room for safety reasons. During covid especially, I wish they'd just come in and quickly check each room instead of touching surfaces and talking incessantly about BS. We complained to management but could tell they didn't agree.

* Skyliner was pretty reliable despite storms (although mileage varies depending on when you visit parks). When it was closed one evening, we were directed to the beach club for a bus. There was ample signage as well as several cast members directing people at the bus depot. My only complaint would be that RR was the last stop on the skyliner resorts bus, so it took almost an hour.

* Food was pretty disappointing all around except at RR. The food there is still great and Bar Riva is my favorite place for a late night snack and drink. I wish they were open later though (after park close) but I have that complaint at every disney resort.

* Most activities are back to normal at the resort.

* We really, really missed FPs (we aren't rope droppers) so we were glad to be at RR where it's nice just to hang at the resort.

* The pools never seemed overly crowded. This was the first time though that we experienced the afternoon pool activity thing at RR, with hula hoop competitions, loud party music, and the like. I didn't like it and it really ruined the vibe in Bar Riva. Why is that stuff necessary at the pools?

* Housekeeping never came except to 'check' on the room. Why not at least drop off some TP??

* The skyliner seemed to have expanded their hours to 1 1/2 hours past closing. Never checked in the morning, sorry.

Overall -- We love the resort but we are an older couple with college age children. I don't know if I would have liked it as much when our kids were little and we were rope dropping parks and taking afternoon breaks. The room is fantastic compared to other older DVC resorts, but I'm not sure if the kids would have been bored at RR or it would have been necessary to rent a car. OTOH, with DME going away and more people renting a car, maybe it wouldn't matter. Dunno.

Also, we agreed we are not going back until disney gets their %$#& together. I don't mind overpaying when we have a lot of fun, but you really notice the prices when the food is bad, the rides go down too often, the ambiance is off, and the crowds are bigger than WDW is currently equipped to handle. Maybe because we've been DVC members for almost 20 years we notice what's missing more than other people. Not sure. But whatever the reason, lower your expectations if you have a trip planned ... RR is great but the rest of disney is still a bit of a letdown.
Those activities happen at all disney resorts by the pool mid day from deluxe to value. Sometimes it’s in an area just outside the pool, like at poly they do stuff next to the pool and then take the hula hoops to the beach just outside the gate for more room. I’m not sure for how many of the 20 years you’ve been a member but that’s been my experience in the last 5ish years between dvc and other resorts. Don’t remember them from when I was a kid but maybe I’ve just forgotten lol. Not at all being snarky but maybe you just happened to time it right in the past? Or if you’re a quiet pool person that would explain it also as it’s always by the feature pool.

We are approaching the 60-day window for our first stay at Riviera and I was thinking about adding a request to our reservation. We have a preferred studio booked and I have used the TouringPlans room request in the past with pretty decent luck. I am not too concerned with location since we are only going to be there for 2 nights, but I am more worried about "noisy" neighbors. That being said, is there any significant difference between a dedicated studio and a lock-off studio as far as noise level goes? I see that the connecting door is in the entryway so it is about as far off from the living area as possible so I assume that helps keep the neighbor noise to a minimum. Is there any other major differences between a lock-off studio and a dedicated studio that I am not considering??

When we stayed in December, we heard no noise from the other room. In fact, the only time we heard anything was when we opened the sliding patio door and heard the road noises.

Thanks!! No. My guide told me to and then when the RIV wasn’t available for Mardi Gras, I called CS and it was busy for like 3 hours. So I booked the Poly just because I was shocked it was open-that’s always been our favorite resort. Called immediately the next morning and CS told me there’s nothing she could do for me at all since I booked the Poly. So I’m on the waitlist for RIV and booked for Poly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I’ve had worse problems.

I do think a “Welcome Home should really be your first stay, not your first booking. A bit of a bummer to spend 40k and have them say there will be no bigger welcome on our first stay.

This happened to me too. There was a ~2 week delay to schedule a welcome home call, and by then the 7 month window for a stay (Aulani) I needed opened up. I booked it myself at that 7 month mark, having no idea that would prohibit me from having member services help me book my first home resort stay (Riviera). It was honestly never explained to me that it would be a problem and it never crossed my mind that using the points I paid for that were now sitting in my account would penalize me in some way.

My guide was great and helped me push back (she didn't realize it would be an issue either). In the end member services did assist with my welcome home Riviera booking. YMMV, but just my experience.

IMO it is a silly policy anyway.

Would love to be added to the BOG list. We will be staying at Riviera 12/17-12/24, 1BR PV.
Added! Have a great Christmas trip!

Just bought our second DVC contract for here. Our Welcome Home trip will be 2/4/22- 2/12/22. I can't wait since we bought it based off of YouTube videos.
Would you like me to add your to our Be Our Guest list in post 3? Congrats and welcome home!

Can I get on the BOG list as well? We will be there 4/6-9 in a Tower Studio.
Added! I'd love to hear about how you like the tower room!

I guess I’ll add all of my booked RIV stays for the BOG list

October 15 to 19th - SV studio (DD and her boyfriend)
October 26 to 28 - SV 2 bedroom
January 10 to 12 - SV 1 bedroom
Feb 8 to 10 - SV 1 bedroom
March 7 - SV studio
April 23 to 26 - SV studio

What?!? I would love have this list of booked stays!! Added, also I am so jealous. :-)

August 30 to September 6 1 Bdr SV
October 27 to 30 SV studio

Added!

New DVC owner here! We just bought at Riviera earlier this week.

I may have missed this info elsewhere, but is anyone staying in a RIV deluxe studio soon who might be able to measure the pull down single bed?

I’ve read everything I could find and the info is conflicting. One CM on the Disney site said they are twin size beds and another CM on the site said they are the smaller bunk size beds (there are also some who say the studio single bed is a smaller bunk size, but the 1-bdrm single bed is a larger twin).
This may not make much difference to most, but I’ve got big older boys and I want to make sure there’s room for everyone, while also maxing out the amount of vacations we can take with our points. Thanks in advance!

Congrats and welcome home!

Just checked in, our first visit. Delay in our room being ready. Did not get our requested room, instead getting a mediocre preferred view. But gorgeous resort, beautiful room. Had a fantastic first night meal at Sebastian’s next door.

We are here for a week, if anyone has any questions.

RIVIERA'S BE OUR GUEST LIST
Will you be joining us at the Riviera? Comment on this thread with your dates to be added below!

August
Diane Kompan: August 13-22
MomOTwins: August 14-18, Welcome Home Trip
havoc315: August 14-22, Welcome Home Trip, 2-Bedroom LO PV
Pills: August 14-25, Deluxe Studio SV
jasonplusliz: August 22-28, 1-Bedroom SV
Thegoatfeeder: August 30-September 8
Turn the Page: August 30-September 6, 1-Bedroom SV

September
transferteck: September 1-3, Tower Studio
bigAWL: September 8-11, 1-Bedroom PV
IceSkatingPrincess: September 9-14, Welcome Home Trip, Deluxe Studio SV (9-11), 1-Bedroom SV (11-14)
tdonnell56: September 14-17, 1 & 2 Bedroom
Anthony Vito: September 30-October 3, Deluxe Studio SV

October
Jimmy Mouse: October 3-9
Sandisw (DD): October 15-19, Deluxe Studio SV
Sandisw: October 26-28, 2-Bedroom SV
Turn the Page: October 27-30, Deluxe Studio SV

November
Sydnerella: November 19-28, 1-Bedroom PV

December
jamesweikamp: December 4-11, 2-Bedroom PV
Thegoatfeeder: December 5-10
Dmvoight: December 10-19, 1-Bedroom PV
disneydreamer781: December 14-16, Deluxe Studio SV
Mike9865: December 17-24, 1-Bedroom PV
summerw: December 26-31, 1-Bedroom SV

January
Jimmy Mouse: January 2-8
Sandisw: January 10-12, 1-Bedroom SV
Transferteck: Jan 13-17, Tower Studio
IceSkatingPrincess: January 14-19, 1-Bedroom SV
MamaJessie: January 17-22, Studio
Akck: January 17-21, Deluxe Studio

February
Sandisw: Feb 8-10, 1-Bedroom SV
Evita_W: February 10-16
Transferteck: February 13-15, Tower Studio
havoc315: February 18-22, 2-Bedroom LO SV
Lorana: February 18-22, 2-Bedroom LO SV
brazzledazzler: February 19-22, Deluxe Studio SV, Welcome Home Trip
jamesweikamp: February 28 - March 6, Tower Studio

March
Sandisw: March 7, Deluxe Studio SV

April
SoCalDCLfan: April 6-9, Tower Studio
Sandisw: April 23-26, Deluxe Studio SV

May

June

summerw: June 3-10, 2-Bedroom SV

July

August

September

October

November

December

PAST TRIPS

April
summerw: April 24-28, Deluxe Studio SV
Akck: April 24-27, Tower Studio

May
TinkB278: May 15-20, 1-Bedroom SV
kanerf: May 16-18, Deluxe Studio
DISguyDennis: May 22-27, Deluxe Studio SV
Doberge: May 22-27, Deluxe Studio PV

June
happenin2you: June 14-18, 1 Bedroom PV
Dicentras: June 19-23, 2-Bedroom LO SV
PixiePlns: June 19-26 1-Bedroom

July
nataliz: July 7-14, 2-Bedroom PV
ninafeliz: July 9-17, 2-Bedroom LO SV
UrsulaWantsYourSoul & javaduck: July 18&19, Tower Studio + 20&21, Deluxe Studio + 22-27, 2-Bedroom

Ivy and Brad Wilhelm, 2/01/2021 - 2/5/21 - welcome home trip 1 Bedroom preferred view

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter