***The Official October 2016 Thread***

We are coming back in October also!

Quick trip, 10/10-10/12 at POR to celebrate our first wedding anniversary!

Also looking forward to hear more about F&W Festival. We didn't plan on it, but it was a nice surprise to learn it would be going on while we were there. It will be our first time!

I just posted this on a facebook group but I wanted to post it here too. I just got a call from Dining Reservations that DHS is closing at 6pm on Thursday October 6th. If you have reservations there, they'll call you to reschedule. Otherwise, if you had plans there for that night you might want to reschedule. Just wanted to pass it along!

Boo that was our DHS day - thanks so much for passing along the info. Anyone know if Fantasmic will still be happening that night? It's still on the schedule for 8pm, but seems odd that they'd have a 2 hour gap...

Boo that was our DHS day - thanks so much for passing along the info. Anyone know if Fantasmic will still be happening that night? It's still on the schedule for 8pm, but seems odd that they'd have a 2 hour gap...
Never mind - just chatted with Disney and everyone is getting booted out of the park at 6pm. No night shows. They just haven't removed them from the schedule yet.

Never mind - just chatted with Disney and everyone is getting booted out of the park at 6pm. No night shows. They just haven't removed them from the schedule yet.

Figured as much! Now I need to figure out dinner for this night.

So I've confirmed with two CMs that HS will be closing at 6pm on 10/6. My 5pm H&V reservation was cancelled but people are reporting that their reservations at Mama Melrose for 5:15pm etc.. Haven't been cancelled. Any insight?

I just posted this on a facebook group but I wanted to post it here too. I just got a call from Dining Reservations that DHS is closing at 6pm on Thursday October 6th. If you have reservations there, they'll call you to reschedule. Otherwise, if you had plans there for that night you might want to reschedule. Just wanted to pass it along!
Yipes! That's our MNSSHP night so it doesn't bother us then but we were going to be there during the day. I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Do you think people will avoid the park knowing it will close early or will they want to flood it during the time its open?

Also, since that limits options on where to go since it is the Halloween party night does that mean Epcot will be PACKED or drive more people to AK for the new night show!?

Would you add me to the list too please? My nephew and I will be staying Oct 1-8 at Coronado Springs!!!:jumping1:

Has anyone here ever been to the Food and Wine Festival before? This will be our first trip during it. I was wondering if there is a strategy of what day of the week would be best? Are crowds mostly there for the food? Typically how are the lines for the rides during the festival?

Many times! It is one of the reasons I love going in October!

If you can, avoid Friday and Saturday nights at the World Showcase. It will be insanely crowded! As in you almost have to shove people out of your way in order to walk around. The lines for the food booths will all be long too. Having said that, I do have a Friday night at Epcot planned, but I have an ADR for Le Ceiller. So we will eat, watch the fireworks, and then leave. Our time for wandering around and sampling the food booths is on other days of the week.

Yipes! That's our MNSSHP night so it doesn't bother us then but we were going to be there during the day. I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Do you think people will avoid the park knowing it will close early or will they want to flood it during the time its open?

Also, since that limits options on where to go since it is the Halloween party night does that mean Epcot will be PACKED or drive more people to AK for the new night show!?

Arghh didn't even think about MK being out that night too. We switched over to AK for the day. Guess I'll be praying to the FPP gods that we get one for the night show! I would imagine that crowds would be lighter at DHS that day. I was trying to figure out a way to stay there during the day, but it didn't work out with our schedule.

It's possible. I was considering going to DS or the Boardwalk instead that evening. Hopefully that means it'll be pretty dead that morning, but I doubt they'll go out of their way to publicize the closure.

Anyone else planning outfits already?! I had all my tank tops and shorts laid out all over my living room last night piecing outfits together :rotfl2: only 4 months to go!!!

Haha! Yes! Hot Topic has had some great sales, and super cute Disney themed stuff. I've been stocking up and then tossing them into my suitcase. However, I am going to Disneyland in 9 weeks so it's partially for that.

Resort list is updated, ETTB list is updated, and I added a little blurb in the first post about refurbs that will effect October travel dates.

WOW! So they have short hours at MK because of an extra charge $$$ event for MNSSHP, now they're renting out and kicking you out of another park too? Think I might be emailing guest services over that one, especially if AK isn't open late that night. That would make your options 9-7, 9-6, 9-5 or EPCOT which currently has morning EMH but closes at 9. There's always spending money at Disney Springs! We are going in October as well, things like this make it harder to plan. At least they are giving some advance notice, the late publishing of final hours for June really was difficult for some going at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter