The Official "I Love David Cook" Thread!!

Turned it to Larry King just as it was going off. Did anything good come out?

What I really noticed in the interview was that this season missed out on being great. Those kids had a special chemistry together and the show really had an opportunity to showcase those personalities. It is a shame that they chose such stupid themes and mentors instead of headlining the strengths and characters of that group. I think the summer tour will be amazing if it can tap into that.

20373011-20373012-slarge.jpg

I :love: this MAN....

...and this thread, too!

I LOVE this picture! THANK YOU!:worship: And so my obsession continues to grow.:lovestruc I'm afraid I might turn into a stalker.:scared:

Wow, you guys are posting awesome pics! Thanks for feeding the obsession!

This thread needs to be bumped.

As far as I know he's on Larry King Line again on Monday
the today show on Thursday
Eleen on either Tuesday or Wednesday, I've seen both mentioned
Regis and Kelly on Tuesday.

Anyone know of any other appearances?

Hey OP, why don't you turn this into the "official" David Cook thread and we can discuss upcoming tv appearances, the tour, the album and onward.

We had a great Taylor Hicks thread 2 years ago that went on forever. I'm sure there would be plenty of interest.

I'd start one myself, but this is as good a place to start as any.....

Let me ask the first question: Does anyone have a list of upcoming TV appearances for DC? I know he'll do the Today Show on 5/29 (and believe me, I'm thinking about going). But I know there is a boatload more. Anyone? Has he done Leno yet?

Done!! He he he he!!

I know that they are all going to be on Larry King Live Monday night. The top 10 were on last night (Friday) and they are all going to sing (I think) Monday the 25th.

This thread needs to be bumped.

As far as I know he's on Larry King Line again on Monday
the today show on Thursday
Eleen on either Tuesday or Wednesday, I've seen both mentioned
Regis and Kelly on Tuesday.

Anyone know of any other appearances?

I was just on the phone with a friend. She checked her TiVo and he should be on Ellen on Wednesday.

Kind of nice that there will be something DC related 4 days in a row. :)

Can I join the official thread?:banana: :banana: I've been reading the AI thread and posted a couple of times and on this one I think. But I can't contain myself any longer - Just typing "David Cook" makes my heart race :cloud9: :lovestruc

I'm so sad I missed Larry King. Never thought I'd type that sentence!

I'm so sad I missed Larry King. Never thought I'd type that sentence!

You should check if it's being replayed. Because if I recall, i saw that it was going to be repeated a few times this weekend.

You should check if it's being replayed. Because if I recall, i saw that it was going to be repeated a few times this weekend.

I'm at WDW right now so I won't be able to record it. I'll just have to hope it's on next week. DH already said he will not pay $300 extra for annual passes this year just so I can see DC if he comes during a blackout period. I told him I can always upgrade later if need be. :snooty:

I'm at WDW right now so I won't be able to record it. I'll just have to hope it's on next week. DH already said he will not pay $300 extra for annual passes this year just so I can see DC if he comes during a blackout period. I told him I can always upgrade later if need be. :snooty:

Well...you're still pretty lucky. We went to WDW in January. And we won't be back until January of 2010. :sad1:

there's always a 1 day ticket if you find out when

there's always a 1 day ticket if you find out when

:rotfl2: Considering a 1 day ticket is about $75, and I'd have to take my DD, it'd be not too much more to just upgrade all of us to annual. I have a feeling he won't be here until the AI Experience opens in January. But I plan to do some recon work tomorrow at DHS. :3dglasses (those are my spy glasses)

I think "lucky" would be his name ;)
I don't know....he's 49 and I'm 32. Not sure how old you are.

I'm a little older than him... ;) and my BF is 7 years younger than him. I think your age difference is not that bad because at 32 you are a woman and he JUST became a bonified MAN!! :rotfl: They take soooooo long!!! :laughing:

Speaking of growing up to be a man... I stupidly visited the David Arch thread on the AI boards...:scared: They think there is a conspiracy theory and there is NO WAY that Cook got 12 million votes more than Arch.... :confused3

I told them that it IS possible because Simon made people who have NEVER VOTED get on the phone and make SURE Cook won. Of course they were upset so I reminded them that it's just BUSINESS and that AI knew they blew it after Daughtry and this was their way of getting that revenue back... :yay:

It was like giving them a pacifier....:cutie: They calmed down.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/entertainment/spot/article.aspx?articleID=20080525_278_H1_hBesto801223

By hook or by Cook

By CARY ASPINWALL World Scene Writer
5/25/2008

Best of the best: Cook's crowning 'Idol' hits

Anyone who watched David Cook's interview Thursday on the "Tonight Show With Jay Leno" knows that by now, all he really wants is some sleep.

The "American Idol" Season 7 winner embarked on a whirlwind of media interviews immediately after winning Wednesday night, and hasn't slowed down since. He jokingly collapsed on Leno's couch after coming out on stage, and told the host he'd had about an hour of sleep that day.

But Cook's die-hard fans will have to wait until Sept. 13 to see him perform in Tulsa at the BOK Center, and maybe even longer to buy his future album.

So for those who can't get enough of their favorite rocker-turned- "American Idol," we've compiled a list of Cook's eight best performances from this season. Here's hoping a few of these covers end up on Cook's album.

1. "Billie Jean"

Yeah, it was based on Chris Cornell's version of the Michael Jackson classic. But Cook's ended up even better, and he sang his lungs out on this version. This will go down as one of the best "Idol" performances of any season. At Fox's post-finale party this week, everyone in the bustling tent stopped and gushed when the DJ started playing Cook's cover juxtaposed with the original version from Jackson's "Thriller."

2. "Always Be My Baby"

This will go down as the performance that turned "karaoke hell into a breath of fresh air," as Simon Cowell put it. Cook's original arrangement of Mariah Carey's 1996 hit "Always Be My Baby" was brilliant and fun (even Carey has said she wants him to release his version as a single). Another reason the performance was so memorable? David's older brother, Adam, who is battling brain cancer, was in the audience that night, and David got a little teary-eyed as the emotion behind the evening settled in.

3. "Sharp Dressed Man"

For anyone who plays guitar, getting to rock out with legends ZZ Top is a dream come true. And Cook rocked the heck out of "Sharp Dressed Man," playing some wicked guitar, singing fantastically and even busting out some funny dance moves. This was a great moment on the finale when fans could tell Cook didn't care whether he won or not — he was just having a good time.

4. "My Hero"

Pop quiz: What song should Cook have sang on "Idol Gives Back" night instead of Our Lady Peace's "Innocent?" Anyone who saw the footage from his hometown visit to Blue Springs, Mo., knows the answer: the Foo Fighters' "My Hero." His beautiful version on acoustic guitar would have been a huge hit on "Idol," so we're not sure why it never made it on the show. If you missed it, check it out at www.tulsaworld.com/cookhero.

5. "Hello"

Cook got rave reviews for his edgy take on Lionel Richie's ballad, in a performance that marked the start of some serious momentum for Tulsa's bartender-turned "American Idol." It established his status as the contestant willing to take big risks (and even impressed Richie).

6. "Eleanor Rigby"

Considered one of the toughest Beatles' hits to cover (because it marked the start of a more experimental phase for the band's music), Cook took on a beast and won the audience over with his version. Even though little-known band Doxology later came out of the woodwork to try to snag credit for it, Cook's is the better version.

7. "Little Sparrow"

Cook didn't get enough credit for his take on Dolly Parton's bluegrass song, which had a nice alt-country feel to it. His performance was overshadowed by his rush to the emergency room for high blood pressure that turned out not to be such a big deal, and the debut of his new, slicker hairstyle that was a big hit with the ladies (especially the cougars).

8. "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face"

Simon Cowell apologized to Cook for calling Tuesday's final performances in favor of Archuleta. But fans shouldn't doubt that Cowell was always kind of rooting for Cook, because he said so in multiple interviews and chose Roberta Flack's classic love song for Cook to sing the previous week. Whatever you think of Simon's snarky ways, there's no denying he has good taste. The Flack pick with David's spin on the arrangement and gravelly vocals was a home run for Cowell and Cook (and much smarter than Randy Jackson's choice of Alicia Keys for Syesha Mercado).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter