The Official "I Love David Cook" Thread!!

I Tivo'd Leno last night. I have to watch it still.

I downloaded 8 of his songs. I can't get enough of "Always Be My Baby"

I've spent the better part of my free time this week, tweaking my DC mixes. I have my Itunes set, my AI live set including bonus tracks from the hometown visit, and I'm working on my pre-Idol CD as we speak.

Although I am in my 40's, the way he sings takes me back to my 20's again. I guess my musical soul must have been sleeping for quite a few years. (what with being a soccer mom and driving mini vans lol)

This picture does strange and wonderful things to me..... :lmao:

normal_81196444_10.jpg

I would like to run for President of the Cook Cougar Club. Can I count on your vote? :lmao:

I would like to run for President of the Cook Cougar Club. Can I count on your vote? :lmao:

How much older than the crush do you have to be to be considered a Cougar? I know I'm too old to be a sex kitten, but I feel a bit young to be a cougar. (and please don't tag me with that one TF.)

I think when I go to his (um the AI) concert, I am gonna have to represent the DIS ladies somehow. Can you believe he's going to Disney World? Here we are, in the background of all his fangirl clubs, in our little corner of Disney mania just hanging out.

Mean Queen - I hope you get to see him. I'll be there in July but that's too late.

(Not when you started noticing him or thought he could win)

Although he was really grabbing my attention in the semi's and Hello was kind of jaw dropping unexpected, his "STAR" came out for me when they switched over to the big stage and he sang Eleanor Rigby. He just seemed like he was in a whole different show. His exuberance after his performance was so endearing.

I remember saying out loud, kid, your life as you know it is gonna change.

He became my favorite with Hello. But when he took the "big" stage I had an idea he could win. He was completely at home up there. Billie Jean cemented him as my all time favorite. Always be my baby was when I knew for sure he had the contest in the bag.

How much older than the crush do you have to be to be considered a Cougar? I know I'm too old to be a sex kitten, but I feel a bit young to be a cougar. (and please don't tag me with that one TF.)

According to that article, over 30. I had never even heard of the term until David Cook came into my life. :lmao:

God-I just love David Cook :love:

If he isnt the perfect man-I dont know what is.

He is articulate
He is funny
He is polite
He is a sweet big brother type
He has a beautiful smile
He is a M-A-N not a boy
He is humble yet extremely talented
He has a happy trail that I would love to take a stroll on...
and he is an AWESOME singer.

I truly believe he was born to be a star. He just has "IT"!

I thought he was terrific on Leno last night. He is a such a great representative for American Idol. I just couldnt see David A. doing all these talk shows when his vocabulary is mostly "Geeh and Gosh".

Did anyone see Cook on American Idol Extra yesterday? He was talking about the harshest criticism he got from Simon was after Week 2 when Simon said he had no charisma. He said that made him take a closer look at himself and his past relationships he has had. Whatever Simon said really must have made him come out of his shell because for sure that man has charisma. When he said "past relationships" I cant help but feel whatever girl he was talking about must be kicking herself right about now!!

I am 40 so I guess I am definately a "COUGAR FOR COOK!!"

I'd want to ask "Was there any truth to the Lacey Rumor and were you aware of what was said in the press?" Of course, it would never get asked and he would undoubtedly not throw her under the bus because he is a gentleman.

TruBlu - I think you need to ask one on our behalf! ;)

Did anyone see Cook on American Idol Extra yesterday? He was talking about the harshest criticism he got from Simon was after Week 2 when Simon said he had no charisma. He said that made him take a closer look at himself and his past relationships he has had. Whatever Simon said really must have made him come out of his shell because for sure that man has charisma. When he said "past relationships" I cant help but feel whatever girl he was talking about must be kicking herself right about now!!

Yes, I thought he must have decided to just start wearing his heart on his sleeve instead of being so guarded. I also loved how he said that he really loves Carly (Tater) and that she came to bat for him several times on a personal level. I love the Carly, David, Michael dynamic. I know we only see what they show, but somehow I think their mutual love/respect is real.

After they left, David seemed so down and it wasn't until the hometown visit that he started seeming happy again. (of course it probably has a lot to do with his brother's illness and other personal things)

I'm the ORIGINAL COUGAR....

Winking-Cougar-Print-C10054490.jpg

Don't be afraid... I'm tame...​
:lmao:

-

If he isnt the perfect man-I dont know what is.

He is articulate
He is funny
He is polite
He is a sweet big brother type
He has a beautiful smile
He is a M-A-N not a boy
He is humble yet extremely talented
He has a happy trail that I would love to take a stroll on...
and he is an AWESOME singer.

I truly believe he was born to be a star. He just has "IT"!

I thought he was terrific on Leno last night. He is a such a great representative for American Idol. I just couldnt see David A. doing all these talk shows when his vocabulary is mostly "Geeh and Gosh".

I am 40 so I guess I am definately a "COUGAR FOR COOK!!"

:thumbsup2 I couldn't have said it BETTER!!

I'm going to add he seems to be an AWESOME son, too..
What an amazing woman his Mom must be... imagine, raising such incredible children... yet about to lose one. She is flying high... and low at the same time.

DavidCookBlend.jpg

If you've seen tears from David... just imagine how many this woman has cried.

:thumbsup2 I couldn't have said it BETTER!!

I'm going to add he seems to be an AWESOME son, too..
What an amazing woman his Mom must be... imagine, raising such incredible children... yet about to lose one. She is flying high... and low at the same time.

DavidCookBlend.jpg

If you've seen tears from David... just imagine how many this woman has cried.

I was thinking about his mom this morning. What a hard place to be - between heaven and hell. I'm just so happy that Adam was well enough to attend the show, and that he was able to share this moment with them all. They will have some pretty special memories.

I think David and Adam have different mothers. But, still, it has to be such a mixed bag of emotions for that entire family.

I think David and Adam have different mothers. But, still, it has to be such a mixed bag of emotions for that entire family.
Really? That is the first time I've heard that. I'm sure it is still hard, but that would explain how she has been there for every show. I was wondering how she could do that.

Hey OP, why don't you turn this into the "official" David Cook thread and we can discuss upcoming tv appearances, the tour, the album and onward.

We had a great Taylor Hicks thread 2 years ago that went on forever. I'm sure there would be plenty of interest.

I'd start one myself, but this is as good a place to start as any.....

Let me ask the first question: Does anyone have a list of upcoming TV appearances for DC? I know he'll do the Today Show on 5/29 (and believe me, I'm thinking about going). But I know there is a boatload more. Anyone? Has he done Leno yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter