The Official DIS Oscar LIVE PARTY thread!!! "Mistake" video in post #705

Did he read the best actress on the teleprompter or did he have the envelope?

Did he read the best actress on the teleprompter or did he have the envelope?

He explained the envelope said Emma Stone, La La Land.

I read that only two people know the winners - the accountants who counted the votes. They memorize the winners. They realized after the announcement and worked as fast as possible to fix.

Why would there have been two separate envelopes made up with the winner of "best actress"?

I feel really bad for all involved. La La Land for thinking they won. Moonlight for not really getting their moment. And even the presenters who will be blamed for the snafu, but who weren't given the proper info.

Why would there have been two separate envelopes made up with the winner of "best actress"?

There are two copies of every envelope. They are carried by the two accountants on two separate routes to the Oscars, in case something happens.

I expect we'll be seeing the "THIS IS NOT A JOKE" guy memes for a long time to come. :lmao: (Who was that guy, anyway? Lol)

There are two copies of every envelope. They are carried by the two accountants on two separate routes to the Oscars, in case something happens.

Well, ONE of them is getting fired right now for mixing up the order.

I have digital cable, so I just rewound to see it all. Yep, that guy with the headset, came over to look and see what card Warren had, and it obviously was the wrong one. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter