• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official DIS Oscar LIVE PARTY thread!!! "Mistake" video in post #705

I am going to give the guy a pass. It was a chaotic odd moment. I think he was quickly trying to let people know of the mistake and was not delibrately being rude.

I think so too. Everyone was confused. He was trying to quickly clear the situation up. It amazes me that he had the where withal to hold the card up so the TV cameras could capture it clearly and show the world. TV talk show hosts, who hold up items to the camera every night for a living, have a hard time holding up the object steadily & clearly for the camera.

Looks like there was another blunder. OOOPSIE:

An Australian movie producer has said she is "devastated" that her photo was accidentally included in the In Memoriam segment as she is "alive and well"

Someone mentioned last nite that they also accidentally left out Charmian Carr from Sound of Music. :(

Last edited:
The ending was the most bizarre thing I have ever seen on live TV. Price Waterhousecoopers is taking full responsibility. It seems they make 2 envelopes for each winner, so even though Emma Stone HAD her copy of the Best Actress in a Leading Role card, there was a second one that somehow got handed to Warren Beatty instead of the Best Picture envelope.

TMZ showed a photo of the 2 Price Waterhouse Cooper guys back stage. Each one is supposed to be on either side of the stage to hand out the NEXT card to the presenters, depending on which side of the stage they come out of. One of the Price Waterhouse Cooper guys, Brian, had been tweeting pics all night of the winners as they come off stage. He posted one of Emma Stone, clearly having JUST won. :rotfl: THAT was probably when he was too busy & distracted to discard the duplicate card and move to the next card for Best Picture. Oops! :headache: He's probably not working for Price Waterhouse Cooper anymore, since he was tweeting instead of doing his real job. :duck:

0227-brian-cullinan-getty-5.jpg

Brian's photo of Emma Stone:

0227-emma-stone-backstage-twitter-1.jpg

Last edited:

More reaction shots. It took 2 minutes for the blunder to be fully realized and everyone onstage being told before the producer of LaLa Land made the official announcement. According to TMZ, these are their reactions as they found out:

0227-la-la-land-reactions-launch-3.jpg

Warren Beatty walked around afterward, at the Governor's Ball after party, with the wrong envelope & card, to prove he is not a dottering old idiot and that he had been handed the wrong card. Unfortunately, the envelope clearly states on the outside, it's for "Best Actress". . . But then, the Price Waterhouse Cooper guy didn't read the outside of the envelope either. :p

oscars-after-party-governors-ball-inside-photos-8.jpg

NBC Nightly News reported that the PWC people have the results memorized and are just offstage in order to make any immediate corrections. SO how did that mob fill the stage and the acceptance speech happen before anybody did anything? I'm sure there had to be some brief confusion but why not kill the mic?

NBC Nightly News reported that the PWC people have the results memorized and are just offstage in order to make any immediate corrections. SO how did that mob fill the stage and the acceptance speech happen before anybody did anything? I'm sure there had to be some brief confusion but why not kill the mic?

Yes, and the Price Waterhouse Cooper people aren't the only ones who know. Selma Hayek was interviewed saying one of the stage managers with a headset was standing next to her in the aisle, by her seat, and she could clearly hear him saying, "NO! That's not the right movie. . ." and there was a big buzz about it on the headphones.

I've often thought some of the backstage people at the Oscars have to also know who all the winners are, so they can be positioned to get the best shots of the winners, not just all the nominees, and then scramble with all the technical equipment once the winner is announced.

TWO Minutes is a long time to allow 3 producers to be giving acceptance speeches that should have been reserved for next time, when they really win. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter