*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

We just returned this afternoon from our stay as part of the Ultimate Disney Christmas package. Sure, it was a bit soggy at times, but the only time where it was bothersome was while waiting for the Candlelight Processional on 12/23 in the uncovered portion of the theater. The exclusive access at Animal Kingdom/Pandora was amazing, where we had a chance to ride FoP 3x, the Navi River Journey, multiple rides on Everest, and Rivers of Light in 3 hours. After months of planning and preparation, the highlight was taking time to relax and enjoy the experience. We ended up cancelling lots of FP and reservations, but there weren’t many regrets. It was a lot of fun to end the trip at DHS on our final night to actually walk around Galaxy’s Edge without running into people on Christmas night and walk onto Toy Story Mania four times to end the evening, while still getting a late FP for Tower of Terror.

We just returned this afternoon from our stay as part of the Ultimate Disney Christmas package. Sure, it was a bit soggy at times, but the only time where it was bothersome was while waiting for the Candlelight Processional on 12/23 in the uncovered portion of the theater. The exclusive access at Animal Kingdom/Pandora was amazing, where we had a chance to ride FoP 3x, the Navi River Journey, multiple rides on Everest, and Rivers of Light in 3 hours. After months of planning and preparation, the highlight was taking time to relax and enjoy the experience. We ended up cancelling lots of FP and reservations, but there weren’t many regrets. It was a lot of fun to end the trip at DHS on our final night to actually walk around Galaxy’s Edge without running into people on Christmas night and walk onto Toy Story Mania four times to end the evening, while still getting a late FP for Tower of Terror.

What was the special gift delivered on Christmas as part of the package? I had considered switching to this when it was offered but decided to keep my free dining package instead.

Home from our very soggy but very merry trip! Highlights were Star Wars and Toy Story Lands and we also loved Epcot Forever. Favorite meals were BoG breakfast, Docking Bay 7 lunch and Storybook Dining for dinner, the kids loved the Evil Queen, by far the best character meet of the trip. Wilderness Lodge at Xmas was a dream and I hope we get to stay there again some time in the very far future when I have had enough time to recover from this trip!
Did it rain during epcot forever? Curious if they cancel it during rain.

Did it rain during epcot forever? Curious if they cancel it during rain.
It was a light but steady misty rain, and they didn't cancel it and as far as I could tell it was the full show, including the kites. We watched from La Cantina de San Angel Quick Service restaurant so we were under cover and not out getting wet for that part of the evening at least!

Our Happily Ever After night it was also raining and the show was not canceled, and we watched part of it from under the cover of Crystal Palace's porch where we had just finished dinner. My eldest wanted to go closer to view some of the projections so we maneuvered our way to where there was a gap in the trees and we could see them, but my mom stayed on the porch and was happy to stay dry while being able to view most of the firework bursts. I had at one point a dessert party booked for that evening and canceled it the week before due in part to the forecast, and am very glad I did so because I would have been annoyed to have paid over $200 for all of us to sit on the lawn getting soaked, even with a perfect view. The dessert selection at the Crystal Palace buffet was plenty even if the view of projections on the castle is blocked by the trees.

We fly out tomorrow at 6:50 AM! We will just be going to the Disney Springs area tomorrow and then Wednesday is a bowl game before we fly home Thursday. A nice short trip

Did anyone take the Skyliner from Epcot after the NYE fireworks? How long was your wait?

Did anyone take the Skyliner from Epcot after the NYE fireworks? How long was your wait?

We rode the Skyliner back to Pop from EPCOT on NYE. We entered the line that started against the wall by the river (smoking section) at the 12:14am and arrived at Pop at 1:05am that’s with the transfer at Caribbean beach. The skyliner is the way to go on NYE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!