The Official Cake Thread - Photo Gallery & Cake Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where: California Grill / Contemporary Resort
When: February 2010
Cost: Can't remember
Cake: Vanilla with Butter Cream icing / I cna't remember the center

I wanted something simple b/c quite frankly Jack wouldn't remember it anyway! :lmao:

If you look closely you will see Jack's fingers digging into the icing.

The cake was very good. I wish I would have done this sooner in our trip though. THis was a big cake and we barely made a dent in it. We ended up leaving half of it in our room.

Jacks1stbirthdayCakeatDisneyWorld.jpg

I have two cake photos to post...these are from our Nov. 2008 trip. We ordered a cake for Asia (recently adopted by my parents) to celebrate her becoming part of family. My mom called Wilderness lodge and ordered the cake. What she told them to write on the cake was apparently too long and the person who decorated the cake had no clue how to shorten it. If I remember correctly she wanted them to write - "A Magical Disney vacation for Asia and her Forever Family!" That was way too long - I should have ordered the cake myself! What we ended up getting was - "Have a Magical Disney vacation for Asia" :laughing: Then when our waiter brought out the cake at Whispering Canyon Cafe - he tried to get all fancy and was twirling around with the cake then try to do a little flourishy thing when he presented it and it fell! :rolleyes1 It almost landed on my son! I took the picture from the good side! The far side was a smushed in!! The funniest part was that our waiter was a real dud until that happened and then he woke up and became the best waiter ever! We didn't want to leave after that we were having so much fun.
Here are the details I remember

Price - I think it was $45
Date Received - 11/21/2008
Location - Whispering Canyon Cafe @ The Wilderness Lodge
Cake info - 10" cake; marble w/ vanilla buttercream and raspberry filling. I didn't care for the filling because I hate the little seeds but other than that it was good. It was huge and there were 6 of us. We ended up sharing with the table next to us and still had half a cake to bring up to our room. Didn't finish it at the end of the week and threw it away!

DSC04297.jpg

DSC04298.jpg

We also ordered a slipper dessert for breakfast at CRT. That was really good! I ordered it and I think it was $14.

DSC04511.jpg

DSC04512.jpg

Debbie

ds's third bday cake and dd's chocolate slipper both at chef mickeys at the contemporary april 23rd. cake was 8 inches marble, with buttercream frosting. the lightning macqueen on top had to be plastic as brian was unable to recreate it. glass slipper was 15 dollars. both came out wonderful and it brought tears to my eyes to get the kids these. the cake was super yummy and moist. the chocolate slipper was too, altho dd wasn't a huge fan and i ended up eating it on top of a slice of cake. oh the sacrifice we make for our kids.

i was very happy with what i received, esp after i called the first time and a was told they didnt have emails and b the lady taking the call had no idea who lightning mac was!!! she pushed an edible image and i was adiment. after checking on here and knowing what i had read was rite and this could be done i called back to get the same lady. who had no idea what i was talking about but eventually remembered me. i asked for a supervisor or a pastry chef or a number or email for them. after telling me no 20 mins ago she easily gave me brians email. :confused3

i sent the email off saturday afternoon and by 8am sunday i had a response from him. we talked back and forth, with me forwarding on the pic from flckr(thanks for the idea lurky!) by monday evening both items were ordered and he told me to call blah to give details and cc number.

heres what we received! :

100_3081.jpg

dd's slipper :
100_3083.jpg

100_3084-1.jpg

100_3085.jpg

100_3086.jpg

Hey! We're back and had an awesome stay and a wonderful anniversary dinner at Citrico's! Well, after all the fiasco with Pat, we got our cake and I have to say, we were very pleased!

$66 for 6" white fondant, vanilla buttercream over lemon cake with custard filling. "Mickey delight" with silver mickeys. Peach colored flowers requested for 16th anniversary.

cake2.jpg

cake3.jpg

Annivesarycake1.jpg

The cake was very moist and delicious! They boxed it up for us and we were able to place it in our fridge and enjoy it for our stay!

My only peeve is that I was told it would be a 4 layer, but, oh well. It was still a good deal for $66. :cloud9:

BTW, Pat's all excited about me ordering a cake for my mom's 65th birthday in October. You know, I think there's some reason to that rhyme, you all are talking about! :rotfl:

Just got back Sunday night. I ordered a 10 inch cake for my DD's 7th birthday and wanted it to be served at Ohana on our last night.

I ordered chocolate cake, dark choc. mousse filling and choc. buttercream frosting and also asked for Snow white to be on the cake.

I ordered about a few weeks in advance.....it cost me $45 for the cake. Here are the pics....

541.jpg

546.jpg

548.jpg

It tasted pretty good, but it was cold. I usually like my cake a little warm, but not too cold. I probly won't order a cake again anytime soon as the price is a bit steep but it is disney afterall.

30110_450497067523_778152523_5860454_1345191_n.jpg

Standard Mickey Ears Cake
Chocolate cake and chocolate mousse-like filling
Chef Mickey's
May 15, 2010
Quoted $53, charged $48
Served 6 adults, 3 kids, and one baby and had one ear left to share with our neighbors.
The coating on the outside of this cake is chocolate shavings and the face is a white chocolate shape that sits completely on top of the ganache. The entire cake is the same set of layers (in other words, the ears are not something different).

DE-LISH.

Very easily ordered through the private dining line, although nobody ever answered the direct line the first person gave me, so I just used the general private dining line. I ordered it about two weeks before the day we needed it and did call the day before to confirm the cake.

Kimber - I hope it's OK if I post the image here with your description so this cake can be captured in the Cake Photo Thread for posterity. Just let me know if you want me to take it down! :goodvibes

We ordered a Mad Hatter cake for my and my husband's birthdays (2 days apart) and this is the cake we got from the AKL delivered to Sanaa. It was Red Velvet with cream cheese filing. It was $120. I would order this again in a heart beat. It was fantastic and moist and yummy as well. Only down side was getting it back to Jambo to our villa from Sanaa as it was so big and heavy. It was a definate highlight of the trip. Then had a slice overlooking the animals from our balconly the rest of the week!

AKLMadHatter.jpg

I ordered a pirate cake for my son from CR to be sent to WCC. It was a wonderful cake! It was chocolate with chocolate cream with fresh raspberry. WONDERFUL!!!
P1010584.jpg
[/IMG]
P1010584.jpg

Well thank you to everyone who helped me...we got our cake. even after Pat wasn't interested in helping us, and we had to lie lol. I was very happy with the look of the cake. I'd asked for tie die fondant in a peace love and mickey mouse theme. I think they hit it right on the money...and the lime green mickeys were a bonus:).
But...I wasn't happy that it was a Sarah Lee cake. They should have told me it wouldn't be a fresh cake. I ordered chocolate cake with white butter creme frosting. As you can see it's not, because sarah lee only comes in chocolate on chocolate. All in all though we were happy.
We had this at 1900 Park Fare and it cost $66.

IMG_4750.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_4752.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_4757.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's some pictures of our cake from earlier this month; ordered thru GF Bakery for 1900 Park Fare dinner - 6" yellow cake with custard and strawberries, fondant, and white chocolate Tink topper - cost $75.

kayleecake.jpg

Kayleebday.jpg

Overall I was pleased, especially being able to customize a 6" cake since there were only 3 of us. The birthday girl was very happy, so I guess that's all that really matters. Pat was so pleasant to deal with and I thought the price was very fair compared to some others I've seen. Everything on the cake was edible, even the little stamens in the flowers.

I ordered a cake for my dh's 45th birthday last year at the CSR. It was delivered to our room with plates, napkins and forks. The cake was nothing extravagant, but looked very pretty. I think the final cost with delivery to our room and extra for chocolate dipped strawberries was $36. It was an 8 inch chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling. The cake itself was just ok, we've had much better. But the look on dh's face when we got back to the room and he saw it, priceless.

DSCF1947.jpg

Ok here are the pictures from my Star Wars cake we got on Monday morning at Cape May Cafe. I called a couple of weeks out (maybe 10 days) and asked for a white cake with white buttercream with a Star Wars theme. I was quoted about $97 for the cake which I was fine with. I was told the smallest size they would customize would be a 10" cake which I was fine with since I knew we were headed home and I could take it with us.

When I checked in they had a sticky note at the podium (glad I sent the boys off to watch cartoons or it would have been ruined then) with my name and ADR info. The person checking us in (Bee) specifically mentioned the cake I'd ordered.

The server (Kim) came out while DH was in the bathroom and asked if we were ready for cake. I'd mentioned when I checked in that it was a surprise so that must not have been relayed to her. I told her that we were ready as soon as DH returned. She asked who the cake was for and I explained it was for my DS5. When Minnie came around to chat with us, the server came back out and asked her to wait at our table for a few minutes. Following our server was another server who had the cake. DS5's face was PRICELESS when he saw the cake and realized it was for him!

While the cake was on our table, all of the servers came by and talked about how amazing it looked. I have to say overhearing some of the other guest's comments made me feel like a better mommy doing something so special for my little one since we're not able to be at Disney this year on his birthday like he wanted to do. Even when DH went in to pick up the cake, the manager (Al) mentioned again how all of the servers and staff were commenting on the cake. Even the chef (Bea) came out and talked to us for a bit about how everything was made over night as far as desserts go on property and even mentioned that's why some desserts cost more than some meals with everything being hand made each day.

The cake was just what we ordered - white cake with white buttercream and it was very fresh tasting! To me, it was a bit too mosit (like a lot of pudding in the mix or something) but DH and the boys loved it. I preferred it that night after it had taken the five hour drive to our house or even the following morning when it had "dried out" a little bit. The buttercream was amazing!!

The cake was topped with a white chocolate Jedi Mickey that appeared to be hand painted and very adorable. It was also very sturdy. When carrying it in from the van on Monday night, I accidentally dropped the box on the front porch (cement) and it's all still in one piece!!

When we'd finished our pieces of cake, the manger (Al) came out and was kind enough to store the cake for us while we did some shopping at DTD. He just asked that we be back by noon before everyone left/took a break/whatever which we gladly were since they were nice enough to store it for us.

The cake made it home very well too. We stopped at the outlets in Orlando as well as St Augustine and it still made it home all in one piece. My only complaint about how the cake was packaged was when Mickey was taken off the top, there was a huge circle with no icing on it. Not a huge deal but it might annoy some people.

When the server brought our bill, DH mentioned something about the total and it didn't sound right to me. I asked to see the receipt and the cake was listed at $45. Right or wrong, I did not mention the fact that I was quoted more than I was being charged. I will though order cakes from them for our upcoming trip in Nov/Dec - I'm specifically planning ADRs around places to get great cakes! I want to get my email off to Disney as well to let them know about the amazing job.

So, overall, very good cake experience! Please feel free to ask any questions...I'm sure I forgot something! They provided candles and a match to light the candles for the cake - I didn't ask for them. I had ones and had forgotten to bring them in that morning actually and was excited to see them on the cake.

Here's the cake being delivered to the table:
SeaWorldFieldDay168.jpg

DS3 checking out the cake:
SeaWorldFieldDay171.jpg

The super cute Jedi Mickey:
SeaWorldFieldDay172.jpg

After the cake was cut:
SeaWorldFieldDay174.jpg

A piece on the plate:
SeaWorldFieldDay175.jpg

There will be more pictures in my PTR for our upcoming Disney trip (link in my signature) when I can get a minute to update it.

100_2537.jpg

100_2550.jpg

Sorry they are so big first time posting a picture on here. This is from the BC Bakery delivered to Cape May, and we got this last June.

Here is the Little Mermaid Cake my family ordered for me for my 50th birthday party last July 30. My DD called me and asked what my favorite Disney movie was and my DH ordered the cake from the GF bakery. We celebrated the big day at Narcoosees. The cake was chocolate and vanilla, IIRC and was delicious! Sorry I don't know the cost but, whatever it was, it was worth every penny.

LittleMermaidCake.jpg

Here's the Snow White cake my mom ordered for me last August. It was a surprise, so I don't know all of the details, but it was delivered at 1900 Park Fair and was quite delicious. Many of the decorations were not edible, however. The little red rosettes had wires in them and I think some of the animals were plastic. There were 4 adults, 2 children, and a baby (who didn't eat any), and there was a lot of cake left over. GF held it for us until later that evening, but we still had to get it back to SSR!

DSC_0469.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0495.jpg

DSC_0497.jpg

And I didn't notice until now that they misspelled my name! Boo hoo!

First of all.....Thank you Tricia for all the work you did on that index!! It's great!

Here are my pics of the Haunted Mansion cake I ordered for my brother's birthday. I ordered it to be delivered to our villa at BLT on the first night of our recent visit. It was the highlight of our vacation! My brother & his family was so surprised & we enjoyed it throughout our stay! It was chocolate cake with white chocolate filling & white buttercream frosting. The cost was $65 add delivery the total was $84 & worth every penny!!

005-1.jpg
009.jpg
014.jpg
013.jpg
015.jpg
016.jpg
025.jpg

Here's the Cars cake that we ordered for my son's 4th birthday at Chef Mickey's when we were there a few weeks ago. It was an 8 inch chocalate with buttercream filling (as per his request) and was enough for 6 people to have a slice that morning and we only made dent in 1/3 of that cake that morning. McQueen and Mater were made with white chocolate, I believe (I didn't get to try a piece, but that's what DH told me they were made from).

The cake was beautiful and we were SO happy with Chef Brian's work! :worship:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Okay....so I just got off the phone with Pat from the GF to order a surprise bday cake for my mom while we are at the GF in July. I wanted a chocolate cake with custard and raspberries as the filling. She told me that she doesn't know if they will have raspberries for the cake....possibly only strawberries UGH! Mom doesn't like strawberries! Now what....do I just settle for a maybe on the filling for a $100 cake or do I change my plans. BTW....she told me that an 8" cake was $77.00 and it would be $35.00 for a chocolate pluto on top....does this sound right?? She also said that an 8" cake was perfect for 6 people....I actually wanted a 6" cake but she said it only feeds 4 - I just don't want lots of extra cake.....what do you think?? 6" or 8" cake

I'm going to agree with the others that a 6" is more than enough

DisneyWorld2009Sweet163064.jpg

DisneyWorld2009Sweet163063.jpg

DisneyWorld2009Sweet163072.jpg

This is the 6" cake that i ordered for 4 people. As you can see we only ate half. It was delicious but not totally what I expected. Pat said I could have purple frosting which she didn't do. I also said NO flowers and there are flowers on the side. My daughter still loved it and was totally surprised so it was still special. This cake was $53 without tip

Date: June 5, 2010
Price: $30
Description: I ordered this miniature wedding cake from Pat at the Grand for our 7th anniversary. We originally had a reservation for Narcoossee's that night, but when we got there DH said he wanted to try a walk-up at Citricos. We got in, and I took the hostess aside and explained that I had ordered a cake as a surprise for my DH and she said it would be no problem to get it sent to Citricos instead. Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the inside! It was chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse filling and white buttercream frosting. This was our second cake from the Grand's bakery, and like the first it was delicious! I normally think chocolate cake is always dry, but their's is very good. The white chocolate mousse was very thick and creamy. It was a little small for $30, but Pat did warn me it was supposed to be a single serving.

29667_408898114080_604409080_4210731_5085659_n.jpg

Hidden Mickey

29667_408898214080_604409080_4210733_7623259_n.jpg

I'm baaack! We just returned from our week long vacation and first trip home to BLT!

I ordered a cake to surprise my DH for his 43rd birthday. Chef Brian at the Contemporary did a wonderful job! The cake was awesome and was so yummmy!

Cake: I asked for a mad hatter cake 8" that was whimsical and incorporated, if possible, my DH's passion for stock trading (not the easiest theme to work with). I asked for primary colors and a painted Mickey on top along with hidden Mickey's on the cake. Here are the pictures! Notice how he worked a stock ticker and Wall Street Journal into the scene! The cake was vanilla with a white chocolate mousse filling.

Cost: $100 for the cake + $30 for Mickey

Delivered by Private Dining to the room for a private birthday party.

Daves43rdBirthdayCake3.jpg

Daves43rdBirthdayCake-StockTicker.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter