*** The Official August 2016 Thread! ***

We are hoping to try out Tiffins - I have secret wishes that RoL will be up and running but I doubt it - We are also waiting to see what happens with the EMM at MK to see if it gets extended into August - Hopefully we get more information before our FP+ date comes (49 days for me!)
I've got 56 days till my FP+! I hope we get more info soon b/c I want to have my brain wrapped around it all before FP+ time for sure! Off to make a countdown on my phone for the FP+ day!

I didn't realize until recently that AK would extend their hours past 5:00 in August, so I was planning on AK in the a.m. and then resort or Disney Springs that night. But now it's likely we will return to AK after an afternoon break if there are some cool nighttime festivities happening! :flower:

I didn't realize until recently that AK would extend their hours past 5:00 in August, so I was planning on AK in the a.m. and then resort or Disney Springs that night. But now it's likely we will return to AK after an afternoon break if there are some cool nighttime festivities happening! :flower:
Same here - I had AK as my morning park split but I've switched it to evening :) Hurry up updated hours!!!

We are going on July 30th thru August 8th. So I guess that puts us in both months. My 16 year old DD had a bad year last year with a health issue and could not leave the house during the summer, she is all well and we will be celebrating her and also my other DD who will be graduating from college. We will be staying at our favorite resort Port Orleans - Riverside. Waiting like everyone else for any new attractions, meet and greets, and possible fast passes to book the end of May. I was very fortunate, I just booked a few weeks ago, and was able to get both CRT and BOG dinner reservations at wonderful times. Only had to try for a few days, unlike 2014 when I probably spent 30 hours. This photo was from our last trip in July 2014 at HS, the very first day of the FROZEN activities including the parade, it was wonderful
Optimized-KatieEmilyFrozen1Disney2014.jpg

Let's talk about Ponchos... Where did you get yours?? I am debating if I should get the dollar store one or Disney one. Someone told me Disney ponchos are too thick for the August weather.

We buy our ponchos at the dollar store. Walmart has them in the camping section this time of year for under $1, too. We bought the Disney ponchos once and then we're trying to dry them out in our room and reuse them. What a mess! We now buy the $1 ones and just toss them in the trash at the end of the day. Keeps our room cleaner & drier! lol

This will be our first trip in August, but we've been in June and I personally prefer the Disney ones. I'm bringing a handful of the $1 ones as backup, but once I finally broke down and coughed up the $$ for Disney ones; huge difference to me. The cheap ones stuck to every part of me like glue. While they were thinner, they made me feel more suffocated and hot bc of being so clingy. While the Disney ones are thicker, it's bc of that they don't cling to your skin. They just drape perfectly downward, even allowing for a breeze to be felt. I would use a hand towel to wipe them down quick, then hang over the shower curtain to finish drying out.

Our AK days were always shorter days and rushing elsewhere for ADRs. This year I added an extra day to our trip just to get a more relaxed day to see AK and hopefully the night show. Also was able to get a Tusker House lunch so we won't have to leave the park that day.

We too have always left AK around 5:00 or so, and headed to the Poly for supper at Ohana. This year, with the prospect of later hours, we scheduled our Ohana dinner for a night that we are in MK, and are planning on spending the evening in AK. I am, of course, anxiously awaiting the posting of some hours that indicate closing sometime after 5:00 PM lol. I couldn't care less about Tiffins, don't actually plan on eating TS in the park at all, CS at either Yak and Yet, or Flame Tree is just fine by me. I will do standby, or FP+ for the evening show (which ever one is running then), just want to see the hours updated so I can breathe a sigh of relief.

And, on another note, we are officially into the double digits now!!!!!

Let's talk about Ponchos... Where did you get yours?? I am debating if I should get the dollar store one or Disney one. Someone told me Disney ponchos are too thick for the August weather.
We always carry around a few dollar store ponchos in August, but if it's a really rainy day, we'll bring our Disney ponchos to the parks with us. If they rip or tear, Disney will replace them free of charge. :thumbsup2

This will be our third August trip, always the end of the month and we have yet to bother with ponchos. Not saying we don't get a crazy rainfall daily, we just take cover for the main (3min) part of it, than the kids run and play in the lighter rains to cool down. So far we've always been dry again within an hour. Of course if it were a full out rainy day I would probably invest in the Disney ones. I've used the dollar store ones for camping and not a big fan.

I think I'm up to date on all the new people who've joined! WELCOME! (For some reason, I wasn't getting alerts to new posts in the thread, so I missed them!)

A few people were missing info!
@jessg - where are you staying?
@think-like-tink - what's your new end date? And where are you staying?

I think that's everything, but do shout if I've missed you or if you change (and tell me where you currently are on the list as it makes updating a heap easier now the list is getting long!

@mommymanda - I was excited to move you off the TBC list! Hooray for booking! :)

We're at our Dalmatian day today- 101 days to go!

DH doesn't bother- he just gets wet (we're British, if rain stopped play, we'd never get anything done!)... I have what we call a "cag-in-a-bag" or a "pack-a-mack", which is a super lightweight cagoule/mackintosh/raincoat, that packs down into a small bag or folds into a pocket. Mine has an Olaf pattern all over it- I bought it last year and have been saving it for WDW, with the hope it'll last well. (It's a cheapy store here, so can't guarantee the quality!) They dry off really quick, and just roll away into a little pouch with is easy and light weight to carry.

Heading to WDW July 31-August 6 2016, Myself, DH, DS (will be celebrating his 6th birthday while there) DD (2), My Best Friend who will be turning 40 while there and my God Daughter who will have graduated 8th grade. Staying at CBR. Thanks for starting the official thread!
Hi, are you staying at Caribbean or Port Orleans, its marked POR you guys are right beside us as far as dates go, we will be at POR thru August 8th.

I was able to add a day on the front end, 8/20-8/29. I kept checking everyday and a BC room opened up for the 20th that wasn't available since FD came out. Woohoo. That will give us 8 full days now plus a little on the 20th. The last day going home is a bust. We have to leave pretty early because the girls start school the next day.

Hi, are you staying at Caribbean or Port Orleans, its marked POR you guys are right beside us as far as dates go, we will be at POR thru August 8th.

Hi! We switched to POR because all the rooms were sold out for the discount. We have a garden view room, have only stayed at POR once 10 years ago before children and come to think of it I was still the "child" at 28 lol. Where are you guys traveling from?

Hi! We switched to POR because all the rooms were sold out for the discount. We have a garden view room, have only stayed at POR once 10 years ago before children and come to think of it I was still the "child" at 28 lol. Where are you guys traveling from?
Hi, we have the garden view also, normally these rooms sell out first. We are coming from North Carolina, were there in 2014 and got upgraded to a riverview, first time ever upgraded, it was wonderful. We love this resort. Very quiet most of the time. Have stayed there probably 6 times, once it was not available and we upgraded to BC, loved it, but a little expensive for us. We are older than you guys, but have two DD 17 and 22, still "children" and love Disney. How old are yours? My DD's both love children, I posted my DD's photo from last trip above on this thread at HS (polka dot dresses)

Please add me :mickeyjum

We are finally making it back after too many years. Staying at All Star Sports August 26- September 4th.

I need to figure out all my park planning it has been so many years since our last trip.

Hi, we have the garden view also, normally these rooms sell out first. We are coming from North Carolina, were there in 2014 and got upgraded to a riverview, first time ever upgraded, it was wonderful. We love this resort. Very quiet most of the time. Have stayed there probably 6 times, once it was not available and we upgraded to BC, loved it, but a little expensive for us. We are older than you guys, but have two DD 17 and 22, still "children" and love Disney. How old are yours? My DD's both love children, I posted my DD's photo from last trip above on this thread at HS (polka dot dresses)

Awesome, maybe we will be POR neighbors! Our DS is 5 will be turning 6 on Aug 5th and our DD is 2. Our niece will also be with us and she is 14.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter