The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

Turtle31

DIS Veteran
:banana::banana::banana:

THE FIRST PARTY HAS HAPPENED AND REPORTS START ON PAGE 68 !!

I myself have never been to a party but will be attending for the first time on Oct. 12th. :thumbsup2

Here's some of the facts collected so far :

The Party Dates:

-- September 14, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30
-- October 1, 3, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 22, 24, 26, 28, 29, and 31
-- November 1

Party Time:
Offical start time 7pm-12am

We can finally relax everyone reported back that entry at 4:00 was permitted !!!

Prices for tickets including tax:

Advance Purchase: $57.46 for adults 10 and older / $51.07 for ages 3-9*

Passholder and DVC Member Discounts: $53.20 / $46.81*

Day of Event (if still available): $63.85 /$57.46

*Not available October 29 and 31. Those two dates are priced at a premium: $69.17 (ages 10 and up) and $62.78 (ages 3-9), tax included.

Cast Member Parade Video 2010 Supplied by DisneyTampa

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsVjLUMOTnU

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc29CxNZxv0

Link to Map & Schedule of 2010

http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/photos/mnsshp-map1.htm

Mickey's Boo-to-You Halloween Parade

See favorite Disney Characters in a special Halloween Parade. Parade steps off in Frontierland at 8:15 and 10:30pm.
(Don't forget the Headless Horseman proceeds the parade by about 10-15 minutes.)

Character Dance Parties
Dance the night away with DIsney Character friends.

Rock-It Out.... Stitch's Club 626,Rockettower Plaza Stage,Tomorrowland

Woody's Happy Harvest Roundup, Diamond Horseshoe Review, Liberty Square

Villains Mix & Mingle
Favorite Disney Villains take center stage in the Halloween production. Stick around, you don't know who you may meet after the show.
7:45,8:50,10:05 and 11:15

HAPPY HALLOWISHES

Grim Grinning Ghosts Come Out To Socialize

The Night sky lights up high above Cinderella Castle with a Halloween fireworks spectacular. You never know who will appear on a night like this. 9:30

Link to video of Hallowishes 2010

http://www.youtube.com/user/WDWINFO#p/a/u/1/cc1XImKG-ko

Link to Overview Video

Awesome mini video of the party and all the happenings.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WDWINFO

MNSSHP CHARACTERS - 2010 HUGE Thank You to Berlioz70 for supplying us with up to the minute details on these characters !

* symbol means Photopass is typically available
& symbol means Character does not sign

ADVENTURELAND
Veranda
* Abu
* Aladdin
* Genie
* Jasmine
* Baloo
&* King Louie
* Rafiki
* Timon

Veranda Porch
Jane
Tarzan
Terk

Roaming Caribbean Plaza
& Captain Hook
& Mr. Smee

FANTASYLAND
Castle Couture
Anastasia
Drizella
Lady Tremaine

Skyway
&* Seven Dwarfs

Snow White's Scary Adventures
Hag

Tea Cups
Queen of Hearts

FRONTIERLAND
Diamond Horseshoe (Dance Party)
& Bullseye
& Jessie
& Woody
LIBERTY SQUARE
Glade
* Naveen
* Tiana

MAIN STREET U.S.A.
Town Square
* Eeyore
* Piglet
* Tigger
* Winnie the Pooh

Following Villains' Mix and Mingle
& Captain Hook
& Cruella deVil
& Dr. Facilier

& Jafar
& Maleficent
& Snow Queen
& Queen of Hearts
TOON TOWN
County Bounty
Princess Room

* Aurora
* Cinderella
* Prince Charming
* Prince Philip
* Snow Prince

* Snow White

Fairy Room
* Tinker Bell (and fairy friends)

Judge's Tent
* Mickey Mouse
* Minnie Mouse

Toon Town Entrance
* Donald
* Daisy

Treat Trail
Alice
Mad Hatter

TOMORROWLAND
Space Command
* Buzz

Rockettower Plaza Stage (Dance Party)
& Chip and Dale
& Goofy
& Pluto
& Stitch

The Wonderful Tips Shared by Previous Party Goers

1.) Make sure to rest prior to the party - we don't want to fall asleep before midnight do we :laughing:

2.) The second parade is mush less crowded and even less crowded in Liberty Square or Frontierland.

3.) Do not waste time early in the party waiting in line for candy. Towards the end of the party, the lines disappear, and "SOME" cast members will give out candy by the handfuls. They actually will try to fill your candy bag to the top if you let them. Again not all cast members do this.

4.) If you would like to bring home a monster size bag of candy - we suggest bringing your own bag. The bag given out for the party is on the side of small.

5.) Just outside of the Carousel of Progress, they have a candy station set up where you walk through some illuminated hoops, and end at barrels where cast members are stationed to distribute the candy. Early in the evening, you will be waiting on line to get candy. Later in the evening, you will be able to walk right through and get the candy. If you wish, you can continue looping though as many times as you like.

6.) Headless Horseman - Line up early he comes out about 15 minutes before the parade starts.

7.) Photo Ops - I would suggest you line up on your first MUST character line before 7:00

8.) Make sure you stick around after the Villains show, they come down and you can get pics with them! They don't do autographs, because of time constraints, but you can meet Malifecent, the Evil Queen, Cruella DeVil, the Queen of Hearts, Frollo, Captain Hook, and Jafar. The villains are out for about 15 minutes after all of their shows EXCEPT for one show. There is one show per night that they don't stay out after because there isn't enough time, I heard it was the show before the fireworks.

9.) Other Photo Ops-There's a Mickey ghost on a pathway near Crystal Palace, the store Windows on Main St, a HUGE Pumbaa in Adventureland -- the candy stops have neat displays to take photos after the crowds die down.
There is a huge blow up Stitch on top of the building that holds Monsters Inc.
You MUST get your picture taken in front of the horseless carriage in front of the HM. When you see it on photopass...you have a "guest" in your picture

10.) Enjoy the hidden gems: the ghouls in front of HM are awesome and if they tease you, zing 'em back.

11.) If it calls for rain bring your ponchos.

12.) During all past parties face painting has been available for free.

13.) If you want MNSSHP T-shirts (last year's were about $20-$24, be sure to buy them sooner than later during the night. They do run out.

14.) Take your Glow Sticks with you it’s cheaper than buying them there. Maybe bring a small flashlight for map reading or walking in the dark LOL

15.) Remember to take it all in, RELAX and have fun. You probably won't be able to do every single thing so do your MUSTS first

16.) WEAR COMFORY SHOES PEOPLE LOL

17.) Make sure to have had a good meal prior to the start of the party. You don't want to spend money for a five hour party, and waste precious time feeding the youngins'.

18.) Florida is hot - even in the evenings plus very humid. Make sure to carefully plan your costume for weather. You don't want to dress up like a tigger and start stinking like a piglet :lmao: !!

19.) popcorn::

I will continue to update this list with everyone's tips that we can confirm for 2010 and once the first party happens please give all us waiting people the details :worship:

FAQ'S AS ASKED IN THIS THREAD

1.) Will I have fun if we are an adult only crowd or couple ? Many have said it is a blast and reminds them of their youth -- so the answer is YES !!

2.) Is it okay for adults to trick or treat or is this poor in taste? Everyone trick or treats --- you paid the same for the ticket --- take home CANDY !!

3.) Can I dress up as a Disney Character ? Yes you can - This is the only time disney allows for adults to dress up in the park. Just do not take pictures, present yourself as the real thing or sign autographs - big no no !

4.) What dates sell out ?? Obviously this is just based off of past experience. Halloween always sells out first and the the four parties before Halloween will sell out usually. Thought here is if I can't go on Halloween go as close as possible.

5.) Does disney provide a treat bag ? Yes they do - it is reported to be on the small side, so if you or your kiddos want to bring home TONS of candy - bring your own bag.

6.) What time should we get in line for our first character ? It is suggested to get in line for your most important character at 6:30 - so when the character comes out at 7:00 you will be able to waste less actual "party time".

7.) What should we do about dinner ? Make sure that you have finished your meal before the 7:00 party start time so that you are not wasting valuable party time.

8.) Do the Characters stay out until midnight ? Yep , they stay out right up until midnight.

9.) Is a party day a good day to visit M.K.? Most have answered yes because the crowd will be lower - the thought on this is that most people will go to another park that is open later if they are not attending the party.

10.) When can we get the wristbands? You should be able to get the wristband anytime after 4:00 - signs at the castle will direct you to the spot.

11.) Where can I purchase tickets ? You can purchase on-line, at WDW or on the phone.

12.) Once tickets are purchased how do I recieve them ? There are three choices - 1.) You can have them mailed to you if you purchase in time (takes about two weeks), you can pick-up at will call, and you can also print at home.

13.) What do the tickets look like ? They are reported to be credit card like with a picture of either goofy,mickey, minnie or donald.

14.) Which way did he go ? Which way did he go ? The parade that is !! And the answer seems to be : Both parades (early and late) start in frontierland and end on Main Street.

15.) Do the Villians Mix and Mingle after every show ? Yes, expect for the show right before Hallowishes.

16.) When will the map be posted ? As soon as someone who attends the first party scans it and makes it available to us -- I will post it !!

17.) Many people have asked "What happens if it rains? " And the answer seems to be - get a poncho and enjoy the party. From watching posts for the past two years regarding the rain and cancellation -- IF the parade /fireworks are cancelled you can ask for a refund. Last year it rained on many parties but the show still went on. There was only a few times that people asked for a refund- They were either given a admission ticket or another MNSSHP for another night.

Links to photos supplied by party-goers of the 2010 Parties

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/g1165-mickey-27s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-2010.html

Here is a link to GetGlowing's photo album of the first party - my album

Photos of Characters supplied by Mickeyhunter http://unofficialdisneycharacterhun.../09/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party.html

Photos supplied by the DIS: http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/09/...magic-kingdom/

Feel free to chat away folks popcorn::

Thanks for starting the new thread! We'll be at our first MNSSHP on Oct 28. I'm thinking about going twice - there just seems to be so much to do and it will probably be the only time we're at WDW during Halloween. It's just my daughter and me so it's not like I'm having to pay for tickets for the whole family, right?:thumbsup2

Awesome work Donna ! I'm in !! :cool1: this will be our first MNSSHP, so I need ALL the tips I can get...the list of characters you have is fantastic. I'm totally printing that and bringing it with me.

We bought our tickets the day they came out....we're going 9/21. Did I mention WE'RE EXCITED !!!! :banana::banana::banana:
I can't wait to read more !!
Jill :yay:

Thanks for starting the new thread! We'll be at our first MNSSHP on Oct 28. I'm thinking about going twice - there just seems to be so much to do and it will probably be the only time we're at WDW during Halloween. It's just my daughter and me so it's not like I'm having to pay for tickets for the whole family, right?:thumbsup2

You are very welcome :goodvibes And I totally agree with your math - a family of 2 going twice equals my family of 4 going once. If you can swing it -go for it :cutie:

Awesome work Donna ! I'm in !! :cool1: this will be our first MNSSHP, so I need ALL the tips I can get...the list of characters you have is fantastic. I'm totally printing that and bringing it with me.

We bought our tickets the day they came out....we're going 9/21. Did I mention WE'RE EXCITED !!!! :banana::banana::banana:
I can't wait to read more !!
Jill :yay:

Thanks for the compliment - I hope we are able to gather tons of info to share ! I would wait to print out the character list until after the first party- when we have confirmation and changes made due to construction in place ! I am SO excited too -- First time ever going when it's not 90 degrees plus, First time for Food & Wine Festival, First time for MNSSHP and our second time staying at our beloved Beach Club for 11 nights !! ARE WE THERE YET ?? :hourglass

YAY YOU ! This is fabulous:cheer2:

Thank You !

Yay, a new thread! I'm going on October 24, 26, and 28, and I can't wait :dance3:

In my experience, it's typically less crowded at the second parade and even less crowded in Liberty Square or Frontierland.

:goodvibesthanks for the tips- there are soooo many characters on the list! i guess i will have to pick and choose. this will be my frist year so keep the tips coming.

Our first MNSSHP - our first trip!!! Oct 28 for the party for us too! My SIL is meeting us. My DD nicknamed her Auntie Snow White about two years ago (ironically she has seven brothers... my DH is the tallest at 5'6") so it fits!

SIL and DD are both going as Snow White, DH as her Prince and I'm going as the Evil Queen. Guess we know which character line we'll be in first!

I LOVE Halloween so this is super awesome!

Woo-Hoo! I am so glad you started a new thread for the party this year! We are going on October 24 -- The following Monday is a teacher workday for Lake County schools, so my DD can sleep in and I can go grade semester exams in zombie mode! :surfweb:

We haven't been to the party in three years, so we can't wait -- I am already busy making costumes! We are going as characters from the web comic When Curiosity Met Insanity (which is in turn based on the Disney Park characters). Hubby will be The Mad Hatter (Reginald Theophilus III), I’ll be an older/adult Alice and DD(8) will be Lorina Theophilus. We are such geeks! :rotfl: It was all DD's idea, I'm just running with it! :goodvibes

Thanks for the thread! We are going to MNSSHP for the 1st time Sept 28th :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear from other if we will be able to get in before 7pm.

We're attending MNSSHP on Oct 12th! Can't wait!!! Taking our DGS for his second Halloween Party and his 3rd trip to WDW.:yay: We're also bringing his mommy (our DD) along for her first MNSSHP since she was little girl. It promises to be a lot of fun!! Thanks for the tips!! Will be watching for future updayes. ;)

Yay!!
We will be participating for our first time on September 18. My DH, DD and I are planning on dressing up as pirates this year to celebrate. My DD and I are going to go to Pirate League that evening about 5:20pm for a pirate makeover. DH isn't really into the makeover thing so he will wear his pirate hat and whatever else I can talk him into wearing to go with it. Wish me luck on this one?
Anyway - thanks for all the tips and such, I really appreciate it.
Does anyone have pics from previous years by chance? Are the t-shirts pretty cool or are the pics we will take memory enough?
One more question - we aren't going to be able to buy our tickets until after our trip is paid in full. Will we still be able to buy tickets for MNSSHP in early September?
Have a Disney Day, Renee:wizard:

DH & I are going sometime in October! Hopefully we'll iron out the details this weekend so we can book soon! :banana:

Mmm, love that new thread smell! :goodvibes

We'll be going October 3, the first day of our trip. This'll be our second MNSSHP but I've since realized that we missed a lot on the first, so part of me feels like this will be my first real MNSSHP. I can't wait!

Your list on page 1 shows Mickey and Minnie near Expo hall at the front of the park. I don't know if they moved around, but we saw them separately by their houses. If they were together, I would have been all over that!

We went twice last year 9/29 and 10/1. If anyone has questions, let me know!

Thanks for creating the new post! This is our first time attending - going September 21st!

Hope the weather is good and I can't wait to dress up!:hippie:pirate:

Thanks for creating the thread. This will be my first MNSSHP and we are attending on Sept 14th - the first night. Love the tips - keep 'em coming!

Thanks again!

We went last year for the first time & will be returning this year Sept 21! It'll be me, DH, DD5, and DS almost 2. :) We had a fantastic time last year & DD's candy bag was overflowing!! One CM gathered up as much as she could in her arms & dumped it in! LOL It was the end of the night, so there's something to be said for that...

We didn't get many pics w/ characters...every line we got on closed, or they went on break, it seemed. We didn't want to waste all that time waiting...I plan on more characters this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!