The November 2015 Open Pre and Live Trip Reports

Thanks garneska!!
Sitting on the beach waiting for fireworks before heading to bed. Thought I'd throw out a little where in the world and see if anyone gets it

Ruthies be safe on the drive and I pray to the Atlanta construction gods you get through. Remember the backup usually starts at exit 212 and construction begins at 216. It goes about 10 miles.

Garneska, sorry for interrupting this post, but we will be driving 75 South through Georgia, and noticed you mention Construction. Is it horrible? Do we need to choose a different route, or just be aware of it? Two families, towing two fifth wheels. We will be traveling through Monday, Dec 28, around noon. Thank you for any advice. We have travelled this route many times from Wisconsin, so are aware of bad timing, but we never have faced construction.

Bjschil, I think you can still take it, but be aware and have fuel, bathroom and food figured out before you hit the south side. Rush hour traffic will not be as bad that day. However, we find the construction and backups on 75 south are always worse than 75 north. The 75 south backups will start much sooner. I would expect you to have issues starting about mile marker 230 till 212. The worst of it is around 222.

I thanks everyone for such GREAT pictures & reporting of your great time at Disney & the Fort. We leave in 26 days!! DH has done or FP for the 1st week, Preregistered & hopefully the camper will get our of the shop (been there for 5 wks) slid problems also, so I can get it re-cleaned & packed to pull out between 4:00 or 5:00 AM on Jan 1st. Our 1st stop for the day will be KOA @ Milton Fl. - 12 hours from Texas (Bastrop). Praying for beautiful weather & hopefully not too much holiday traffic. Hope everyone sleeps to noon lol. Early Merry CHRISTmas & safe Happy New Year to y'all!!

We pulled out around 6 and are now in Georgia. I really really really didn't want to leave!!!!

The fireworks last night were disappointing. They didn't have the music turned on for the beach. Without the soundtrack the fireworks aren't really that impressive. The music was on the first night we watched from the beach so I don't know what was up last night.

From a cm at trails end- the rocking chairs are being refurbished and are due back after the first of the year. Not sure why chairs would take a month or more to refurbish, guess they are doing it at the usual disney speed.

Looks like the responsibility of posting a pic of the refurbed rocking chairs will fall to you!

Doing well so far (knock on wood). We are through Atlanta with no problems. Just 7 more hours to home........

Great Ruthies, we had to go up north for mal's rehab vet on Saturday and construction seemed light. On the weekends you never know what you can get.

Bjschil, I think you can still take it, but be aware and have fuel, bathroom and food figured out before you hit the south side. Rush hour traffic will not be as bad that day. However, we find the construction and backups on 75 south are always worse than 75 north. The 75 south backups will start much sooner. I would expect you to have issues starting about mile marker 230 till 212. The worst of it is around 222.

Thank you so much for your input. We will keep our "heads up" as we drive through this maze of traffic. This will be a bit of change of traffic patterns for us, as we live in the only county in Wisconsin that does not have one stoplight! Can we say rural and peaceful. Fort Wilderness, here we come. Snow,stay gone until we are south of Atlanta. I have spoke to the reindeer and their leader, and they will land without snow in the Midwest this year.

Last edited:
Good Morning All,
Any news on the rocking chairs? I hope they are back in March......
94 Days 5 Hours and 40 Minutes.......

Thank you so much for your input. We will keep our "heads up" as we drive through this maze of traffic. This will be a bit of change of traffic patterns for us, as we live in the only county in Wisconsin that does not have one stoplight! Can we say rural and peaceful. Fort Wilderness, here we come. Snow,stay gone until we are south of Atlanta. I have spoke to the reindeer and their leader, and they will land without snow in the Midwest this year.

Bjschil, how long are you staying? We will be back in Jan for the marathon, assuming I keep myself upright for the rest of training.

Bjschil, how long are you staying? We will be back in Jan for the marathon, assuming I keep myself upright for the rest of training.
l

Kris, we are staying until Tuesday, January 12, then the plans and reservations are to head up to Destin to Camp Gulf. We did reserve four nights, beach front. Somewhat uneasy about my stay there. Always wanted beach front/waterfront sites, but keep looking at how very close, so very close the sites are.... So........., unsure of that destination. After that, we are going to meander home. We most likely need to be home by the end of January, I have w-2's to get out for employees. Our DNL can do payroll and payments, but not so much those. Still thinking about turning that over to our tax preparer! I have our 1099's done, as all land and machinery rents done for year. Yeah Barb. We will have our site decorated as our industry, as as our photo shows. Good luck healing, and no more falls! See you soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter