The New and Updated Port Orleans Riverside FAQ Thread for 2008 --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please keep in mind that the buildings in Alligator Bayou do NOT have elevators. Only the ones in Magnolia Bend do. All the buildings in POFQ have elevators.
If you want to stay in Alligator Bayou, you might want to specify that you need 1st floor.

Not a problem... even in building with elevators we request 1st floor... back in 2007 DM had an issue with an elevator and we both got stuck.

Yes all of the trundles are located in the AB buildings.:)

As for us... 6 days until we suprise the kids with a Disney trip and our first stay at Port Orleans!:cool1::cool1:
I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!

Andre - they took out building permits this week to refurb the elevators in building nos. 80, 85, and 90. No talk of any others.

Andre - they took out building permits this week to refurb the elevators in building nos. 80, 85, and 90. No talk of any others.

That's all of the POR mansions except for Parterre Place (there are only four mansion buildings). Parterre Place already has one permit filed for renovation work, maybe that included the elevators?

Andre

That's all of the POR mansions except for Parterre Place (there are only four mansion buildings). Parterre Place already has one permit filed for renovation work, maybe that included the elevators?

Andre

That's the only thing I can think of; it seemed odd they would leave out one building.

That's the only thing I can think of; it seemed odd they would leave out one building.

Maybe they've decided against the Haunted Mansion room themes, instead figuring that they could get Tower of Terror on the cheap if they ignore building 95's elevators for long enough? :)

Andre

Any word on if construction has started in any of the buildings?
Just what to know if we need to try to avoid any of them when we get there Friday morning. :)

Any word on if construction has started in any of the buildings?
Just what to know if we need to try to avoid any of them when we get there Friday morning. :)

Don't have any idea when and where they are starting.

If they do, there will be barriers that you will prevent you from entering the construction area.

Don't have any idea when and where they are starting.

If they do, there will be barriers that you will prevent you from entering the construction area.
I figured they would do that at least. LOL
We had a bad experience at the one other Mod we tried, where they put us right near the construction area.
We didn't care for the noise, the detours, or the beautiful view of the port o potties lined up in the parking lot.
If they are working on Partierre Place, and we get assigned there, we would ask to move to a different building if there is room.
If there isn't, well at least we're still at Disney.

Thinking of booking POR for next year (waiting untill after this years trip to decide... for several factors, including whether I have the $ for the deposit) Previously, we have only stayed at Pop... this year ASSp. Next year, I want to try a moderate...had thought about CBR, but then looked at some video and photos and started 2nd guessing myself... didn't like the color schemes and thought ehhh maybe not. Then yesterday, I saw some room pictures of Alligator Bayou and totally fell in love with the decor!!! I looked at it and said "THIS is Me!!!"
One concern I have about possibly booking here.... the bus situation. My DM and I go, she has many issues and uses an Electric WC.... while I have really bad feet and leg pain so I opt to use an ECV. Loading on buses can be a problem since there are 2 of us and the buses only have room for 2. This hasn't been too much of a problem at Pop because they only have 1 stop and a dedicated bus. We are trying ASSp this year as we wanted to try a new place.... we chose sports because they were the first bus stop at the all-stars if they end up sharing. How much of an issue can this be at POR?

Yes It Is Big,but please dont let that scare you away. We where there what now 5 years ago and love It. My DS was younger and have been staying at POP and we both love the Disney chacter theming there,but I fell In love with the Bayou feeling. Getting up in the morining seeing the brids and being the river just makes your vacation feel that more special. Like others have said there Is more then one bus stop,wich does make It easyer then haveing to go all the way back to the bus stop at the main building.

We're leaving on Labor day for 10 nights at POR :cool1:. This will be our 3rd stay here and I'm so excited about going back. It is one of the prettiest Disney resorts.

I was reading the comments about buses and had a couple thoughts. One thing we did to get us to the parks by opening was be at the bus stop at least an hour before park opening. This would usually ensure a seat and on time arrival. Also, like others suggested, leaving the parks at off times made a huge difference. If we stay for fireworks, we usually plan to stay and shop for a LONG time (almost until they kick us out :goodvibes) before heading for the bus stop. I would rather hang out in a park than stand in a very very long line :goodvibes.

I have also decided to be a slightly squeaky wheel if things are not right. We had a few mousekeeping issues two years ago and I just didn't feel like dealing with the conflict. (In all fairness, they were also there for us when our son threw up all over the bed in the middle of the night :sad2:). And we had an extremely grouchy CM issue at the food court - which I also ignored. I am not expecting any issues, but if there are, I think I will at least bring it to the attention of management. Theoretically that's the only way change can happen.

On a positive note (so those who have never been here don't worry :goodvibes), we really do love POR and my DH missed it desperately last year at CSR. The pool and food court areas are beautiful and the boat to DTD is almost worth the room cost. I also think that mousekeeping issues are sadly a problem in all the resorts to varying degrees.

Can't wait to see it all again!!!!!

I had a similar experience last year. I got an upgrade to SSR with the 4/3 deal, with two friends. I thought it would be a nice change of pace and they had a lot of the same amentities that POR had.

I almost cried the two nights we went down to POR and sat in the lounge and ate at the food court. Ironically, one of the girls that went with us had a brother in a softball tournment the first weekend we were down there and lo and behold, his resort was POR.

They kinda felt bad about saying it, but they said they wished we had stayed with POR instead of taking the deal. I felt bad too, but we still had a good time at SSR.

I cannot wait to get back to POR this year, wild horses won't drag me away from there.

And one of the girls is coming back with me next year, and she begged me to stay at POR. And we are.

Hi I was last at POR in 93 on my Honeymoon so my recall of the place is a little off but it did seem like a nice place. I do have a couple of questions though.

1)I paid for my trip in cash with no credit card and will use what little I have on it (its one of those debit/credit things) for gas on the way down, my travel agent said I might need a card yo check in. Is this true? I hate to have paid for all of this gotten psyched just sp when I get there after a 12 hour drive to be told I can't check in. Anyone know?

2) I know some rooms are better but if I ask for a certain building when I check in will they charge me for a prefered room? We will be staying in the Bayou buildings I just was wondering what are the best and how much will it can cost. I know it has been said elsewhere (two months ago I started to read from the begining) but where would be the best?

Thanks for the help.

I have been able to check in without putting down a credit card. You just will not have charge back to your room priviledges. I would call the front desk at the hotel at POR and make sure this has not changed. I like calling up front so I know and I have the name and date I called in case I need it at check in. Have a great trip! :)

Hi I was last at POR in 93 on my Honeymoon so my recall of the place is a little off but it did seem like a nice place. I do have a couple of questions though.

1)I paid for my trip in cash with no credit card and will use what little I have on it (its one of those debit/credit things) for gas on the way down, my travel agent said I might need a card yo check in. Is this true? I hate to have paid for all of this gotten psyched just sp when I get there after a 12 hour drive to be told I can't check in. Anyone know?

2) I know some rooms are better but if I ask for a certain building when I check in will they charge me for a prefered room? We will be staying in the Bayou buildings I just was wondering what are the best and how much will it can cost. I know it has been said elsewhere (two months ago I started to read from the begining) but where would be the best?

Thanks for the help.

Don't know the answer to 2. but the answer to 1 seems simple.... When you check in, you have an option of attaching your credit card to your room key to make charges back to your room. I never do this, and have yet to be asked to show my credit card upon check-in... so I believe you will be safe.

Hi All:

Heading down to WDW and staying at the POR (my 3rd stay) and I have 2 quick questions for the sports fanatics like myself. Has anyone gone to the lounge at the POR to watch a sporting event? And how was the experience?

I ask this because I posted in another thread about trying to find the best places to watch my Pats and B's on property while I'm down there? Then it occurred to me...

I'm not sure if I'll have (ahem) permission to go out to another locale to take in the experience. So if anyone has experience at the lounge, please let me know.

Also... If anyone has any experience with trying to get ahem permission from a spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend, any tips would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi there! I'm super excited for our trip to WDW and stay at POR in just over 2 1/2 months! :cool1:
Question - does anybody know if Organic milk is sold at POR (or anyplace at the parks?)
Thanks all!!

Robin

Subscribing - just booked a 10 night stay for next August upon returning from 10 nights at AKL!

looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter