The Mummy

laurenluvsdisney

i love that mouse
Any thoughts on Revenge of The Mummy? Has anybody been on it yet? Is it fun/scary/boring/worth the time? My family and I are going to WDW and Universal on July 3 and we are all looking forward to this ride. Just wanted to know if it was worth looking forward too.

*thanks*

laurenluvsdisney said:
Any thoughts on Revenge of The Mummy? Has anybody been on it yet? Is it fun/scary/boring/worth the time? My family and I are going to WDW and Universal on July 3 and we are all looking forward to this ride. Just wanted to know if it was worth looking forward too.

*thanks*

The attraction has been open for quite some time. If you do a search, you will find plenty of reviews. I haven't been on it yet myself. Looking forward to it this August.

laurenluvsdisney said:

*thanks*
This very is definitely top notch, something to look forward to. It is definitely worth the time, though I wouldn't call it scary, it is definitely fun. I would suggest to go and ride the Mummy with medium expectations so you don't overhype the ride .. it is definitely something you should enjoy though.

The Mummy is a great ride. It is heavily promoted. I was so excited about it because of all the hype I thought it would be like actually being in the movie. It's not... anymore than Pirates of the Caribbean is like being in the movie or Splash Mt. is like being in Song of the South. So, I went on prepared to be scared within an inch of my life. It was scary, but not overwhelmingly so. Actually it is a great ride. It combines a good story and fast rollercoaster. There is a mind element to it though, because DD, 10, who loves any roller coaster, would not go on again because of the bugs! I thought the bugs were tame, now, if it had been a 3-D effect like in Bugs Life or even Shrek and you felt the bugs on your legs.... ;)
Great ride. You can't miss it. :flower:

It's been open for over a year now, we went on it last May and again this May and enjoyed it both times =) Very cool, unique ride =)

In my opinion this is the best ride at Universal!! I love it and try to go on it at least 3 or 4 times when I am at Universal!! A definite must for my family!!

My DH does not like coasters that go upside down - although he did do Atlantis he's never got over the shock of the drop or the inside coaster ;)
DD and I love Hulk - how can you help to persuade my DH that The Mummy ride will be worth it? Does it go upside down (he's actually alright on rides that are in the dark :blush: ).

Thanks

No upside down moments on Mummy, and the coaster section is over pretty quickley, he should have no problem with it.

:cool1: This is a very cool ride, my family loves it. We rode for the first time this past march and are going again in 5 days....WE can't wait, it's all my family is talking about.

My df doesnt like roller coasters either but as this is in the dark and doesnt go upside down I have convinced him to ride with me :cheer2:

I cant wait!

:flower:

Jodie

It is a very exciting ride. Some people felt that it should have been better for all of the hype. I have been on it 71 times. I still love it. It has really good effects and a pretty good, but short coaster portion. If you can't wait to ride it go to nogodforme.com and they have nightvision videos of it there. I suggest riding it first though so you don't know what to expect.

It was definitely overhyped. It took me about 4 rides to accept it for what it actually is. Needless to say, it could have been a lot more than it is, but that's what they get for only spending 40 mil.

:sunny: Thanks for the replies. I have shown DH and he has said he's going to (try) and give it a go . . . . he's even thinking about having a got on R&RC too :cheer2: Yey for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter