The Mother/Daughter Polynesian Surprise **NEW 5/1 I'm back!

My Disney (and not so Disney) collection! Just for fun

I'm a huge fan of Bambi. I grew up watching that movie. One of my earliest memories is of myself imitating the scene where Bambi meets his father for the first time. I would crawl around, on all fours, in time with the way the movie scene unfolded. Quite the imagination I had :lmao: Now that I'm all grown up, I portray my obsession in a much "healthier" fashion by purchasing Bambi memorabilia.

First, the Bambi jewelry box:
6rirzp.jpg

A close-up Bambi & Thumper:
2vlmumg.jpg

Next, my favourite, entitled "A Mother's Pride":
1113rps.jpg

I loved Bambi's mother. Why, oh why, did they have to kill her off? :sad2: This may sound a little morbid, but I always wanted to see the end result of what happened after she was shot (Although it's quite obvious) One thing I like about the movie Bambi, is that you never see the hunters. A fear of the unknown. I love that. It really gives the audience a sense of fear and leaves it to your imagination. One scene in particular always gives me chills up and down my spine. You know the scene when they go to the meadow, Bambi meets his father, and then the father is walking up the hill and notices the hunter. Then he barrels down the hill and warns the rest of the deer "The hunters are coming!" (hee hee) Of course Bambi and his mother are separated (somehow, I never really caught how they were separated). As the hunters get closer and closer, Bambi becomes more panic stricken. Suddenly his father appears, leading Bambi in the right direction to safety, with Bambi's mother miraculously meeting up with them along the way. With them just narrowly escaping... crazy! I'm getting chills just thinking about it! Okay... enough about Bambi. Well, not really because I have one more Bambi piece to show.

This is entitled "Forest Frolic":
2mxrjih.jpg

All of the above pieces were purchased at the Animation store in Hollywood Studios.

Not only am I a big fan of Bambi, but also a HUGE fan of Yoshi. If you're a frequent video gamer and are familiar with Nintendo, you'll know the character I'm talking about. I've got so much Yoshi stuff I could burst! My sister went crazy one x-mas and bought me everything Yoshi - from Yoshi slippers to a remote control go-kart Yoshi.

Here's a peek into my collection:
16j4vvs.jpg

Yes, even my Yoshi's need to be well advised about Disney World :rolleyes1

30wnk2e.jpg

The blue yoshi with purple feet has especially sentimental value as it was given to me from my sister when I was lying in a bed in the middle of a hospital hallway scared to death that I was going to have to get my appendix out. I had never had surgery before and didn't know what to expect. This Yoshi stuck with me through my whole time at the hospital. :hug:

Lastly, my pin collection. Not all pins are pictured as some are currently on my purse :rolleyes:
1zgs550.jpg

Oh, did I mention I'm a huge fan of the Lion King as well? I had watched it so much through childhood that now I can still recite every word from that movie. Told you I'm nuts :rotfl:

I really need to look into getting a lanyard. Usually when I'm at the parks, I just pin these to the strap of my travel bag. I don't know. Lanyards don't seem to be my thing. Until they start making more variety, I don't plan on paying the $3 for one. I'm cheap, and picky, what can I say :snooty:

**IN OTHER NEWS**

I left off last time about a possible trip in November. The back story is this. My sister sends me a text last friday about how she can't wait until next year to see me again. She misses me so much that she's willing to pay my way to come see her :eek: How can I pass that up?! :laughing: The kicker though is that I have to wait and see if my work will grant me the time off. This is where it could make or break this plan. I've already been to Disney World 3 times this year. I feel a bit guilty going again but another part of me really misses my sister (from now on, she will be referred to as Bubba) as well. The tentative dates would be November 19-23. 4 nights, 5 days. Debating between All Star Movies or Port Orleans Riverside. That's all well and good but the hard part is asking for time off. You see, my manager has the next week off and is undergoing surgery. That means six weeks recovery time. That means she won't be back until mid-October. That means I might not know I can go until then :scared1: And airfares are phenomenally priced right now! What bad timing! :headache: So now I don't know what's going to happen. I know Bubba is paying my way for this trip so I really shouldn't get too stressed out about pricing but still. I'd feel bad if she had to pay $600 to fly me down there! I'll just have to play the waiting game :rolleyes1

Good news everybody!!!! GUESS WHAT?!?!?!?!

I'M GOING BACK IN NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the go ahead from my manager the day before she went for her surgery. After all that worrying it wasn't a problem at all! I had a feeling it wouldn't be but you never know... all these thoughts just go through your head. Honestly, it's never worth all the stress. Who cares! I'M GOING TO DISNEY SOONER THAN I THOUGHT! That being said, I'm now going to put my PTR for April 2010 on the back burner. There wasn't much more news to talk about for that trip currently anyways :rolleyes: At least until my ADR window opens...... SO instead of starting a whole new PTR in the hopes of getting more people to follow along, I will just turn the attention over to this November trip. Are you ready? Hope so because here comes the info:

**NEVER SAY NEVER NOVEMBER PRE-TRIP REPORT**

When: November 19th-23rd, 2009

Where: Villas at the Wilderness Lodge + All Star Music

So I told Bubba originally NOT to book ANYTHING until I knew 100% that I would be coming. Then, not even the next morning, do I get a message from her on Facebook with resort confirmation numbers :scared1: YOU DID WHAT!?!?!? Since I only had confirmation numbers to go by, I didn't see right away where we were going to be staying. So, like any Curious George, I looked up the confirmation numbers and I swear I could've peed my pants when I saw 1 bedroom suite at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. :faint: I was seeing stars. Bubba just made one of my dreams come true :wizard: We'll only be there for 2 nights but they will be the most amazing 2 nights of my life!!!! CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and All Star Music is pretty good too. I'm curious to see what this resort is like as well. Never stayed at any of the All Star resorts - mainly to avoid the cheerleaders, tour groups, etc.

Okay, on with the ADRs:

Thursday November 19th
Le Cellier - 2:30pm

Friday November 20th
Cape May Cafe - 8:05am
The Wave - 5:30pm

Saturday November 21st
Le Cellier - 2:05pm (Why two Le Cellier, you ask? I'll explain below)

Sunday November 22nd
California Grill - 8:00pm

WOW! I couldn't believe I was able to get all these so close to the date. HA what am I saying? The trip is still 2 and a half months away! :rolleyes1

About the two Le Cellier reservations, my flight will be arriving in Orlando at about 12:30pm (assuming no delays). This means I will have exactly 2 hours to get off the plane, no luggage to claim as I will just have carry on, rush to Magical Express, wait for my bus, get to WL, find out where my room is (Bubba will have already checked in earlier that morning), drop my luggage in the room, wait for a Disney bus to Epcot, arrive at Epcot, run (or as Disney would prefer "walk") to World Showcase and finally get to Le Cellier. If I can do all that within 2 hours, even I will be surprised. Pretty much it's going to be like "Welcome to Disney World! NOW EAT SOME STEAK!!!!" :lmao: You can kind of see the reasoning behind why we have two Le Cellier reservations. Yes, Bubba would have the opportunity to be my server if I can do the 19th, but if I can't, then the 21st is our back up. Bubba still isn't sure if she'll get any days off while I'm there but hopefully she does!!! It'd be sad if she spent all this money and not be able to spend time with me!

More plans for this trip include my first ever experience of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (yes, I'm THAT bored at work right now :rolleyes1 ) and the Wilderness Back Trail Adventure Segway Tour at Fort Wilderness. I have never fully explored FW either. The only time I've ever seen it was from a Disney bus on our way through to pick up more people. Obviously, I've been missing out! Bubba and I had so much fun on the Around the World on a Segway tour at Epcot in July.... only thing was that my sister was SO sick :sick: It was all she could do to get through the 2 hour tour and not fall off the segway! Poor girl... We definitely need to give the segway another try but switch it up a bit by going off road! It'd also be nice to see some new scenery too.

There's lots more to go through for this trip! Stay tuned for more.....

So I realize this report has been rather lacking. It just doesn't seem to have the spunk, flash, or excitement that the other PTR's have that I've seen here on the DIS. It's hard when you have a boyfriend who hates Disney and gives you "that look" when you're making another post on "those Disney boards". I work almost 40 hours per week and once I'm home, I either a) want to just relax and read other PTR's and TR's or b) spend time with the boyfriend. What I am striving for is to have something to look back on and read again and again to reminisce. Not to mention to share it with all you folks. Anyone who reads AND COMMENTS is a bonus. I love to know people are reading along. It really keeps the morale going. I have quite a few developments on my upcoming November trip. Until then... keep smiling!

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go....

My flight was booked with West Jet about 2 weeks ago for a grand total of $430CAD in change. Not the best rate I've ever seen but it had already gone up once so I didn't want to risk it going up any further. Word to the wise, never go back and look up your same dates to check the price. Not 3 days later does the price drop $53. Okay. I can deal. For the sake of $53, it's no big deal. Then, today I go into to work and look up the price again (second mistake) and the price has now dropped a total of $100 :headache: DOH!
After that little hiccup I will never look up the price after I've bought my ticket!!! Moving on.... I also did seat selection for $10 extra each way. Yes, I'm one of THOSE people. To be honest, I'm not the best flyer... no matter how many times I go in a plane. It's entirely Bubba's fault. Here's a little back story to my fear:

Back in the year 2002, Bubba and I were going to Costa Rica for a school trip. Since it had been nearly 7 years since the last time we had travelled on a plane, Bubba wanted to prepare me for air travel. Not one to expose people to things gently, she pops in a video of "Why Planes Go Down" starring Gillian Anderson. Bubba was (and still is) an avid fan of the X-Files so she just had to get every single show that the main characters (Gillian Anderson & David Duchovny) starred in. Not knowing what to expect, I sat through the full length of the show, as images of planes losing control during landing and what remained after a plane crashed were shown on the screen. Yup, I was petrified. I literally took notes about "How to survive a plane crash" and "What type of planes are safest to fly on" the way Gillian explained it to me. It was all very well informative and I left for the airport bound for Costa Rica that morning, confident that I was going to live if the plane were to crash. Fast forward to the plane taking off. I was an absolute wreck. As I watched the surface of the Earth get further and further away, my nails dug further and further into Bubba's hand. Meanwhile, she was just peachy and enjoyed the flight. The rest is history...

Ever since then, flying on a plane for me has always been a bit nerve wracking. Just imagine what I was like this passed July when I took my first trip ALONE down to Orlando. I had nobody to hold my hand, or dig my nails into. I had nobody to get my mind off all the sounds and weird bumps. To avoid having a complete panic attack and to get the images of my life coming to an end in a mangled plane wreckage, I would focus on the in-flight movie or my iPhone with a multitude of movies and podcasts to watch. It takes about the first 30 minutes for me to realize nothing bad is going to happen. It just astounds me every time I fly... I mean, how do these GIANT hunks of metal get off the ground and stay in the air?!?! It boggles the mind. Science is nuts. Moving on...

Getting back to seat selection, here's the seat map of the plane taken directly from West Jet's website:

seatMap_737-800_en.png

I've got myself in an Aisle seat on the way down and a Window seat on the way back. Reason I chose the aisle on the outbound is that I'm going to want to get off the plane (and to the bathroom!) without any obstacles (meaning people, bodies, children, etc) in my way. Without having to wait for those sitting in the aisle seat to get up, take their luggage down, etc. I don't mean to sound morbid or rude. It's just, after being on a plane for nearly 3 hours, I WANT OFF!!!! Not to mention I want to get to Disney!!! The plane should arrive into MCO by early afternoon but with West Jet and their great track record, I should arrive a few minutes early. Here's hoping no major snow storms blow into the Greater Toronto Area in Mid-November! I sense the fear of flying coming back.....:eek: And I chose a window seat on the return because on my last Disney expedition in July, I chose to have aisle seats on both flights. I found myself straining to look out the window to see what was happening, what the weather was like, how far away we were from the ground. You know... typical paranoia stuff. But every time I got a good view, the girl that had the window seat would either block my view with her big head or shut the window flap. :mad: To avoid any disappointment (or potential heart attacks) I shall be right by the window, in total control of this little peep hole to the outside world. Plus, I will not be in any rush to get off the plane. Come on, who gets excited to come back home after Disney?

That's about it for the flight plans in November. Coming up next, the November Itinerary Version 1 :woohoo:

...and if any peeps are reading along, please don't be afraid to comment... or say hi.... anything.... I need to know life still exists out there!!!!

My younger step-sister, known as Tink from now on, just came back from a 3 night stay with Bubba. While she was there, it was the first night of MNSSHP. I'll leave you with a peek at the fireworks show at MK during the party. Enjoy!

MNSSHP Part 1

If you'd like to see the other 3 parts, let me know! :wizard:

Moving right along, I've got Version 1 of the itinerary for November pretty well organized. Why Version 1? Well with previous Disney trips, our itinerary has changed multiple times and we've also had multiple versions with different "options" or Plan A or Plan B, etc. Yup, I'm the obsessive planner of the family. But where would my family be without me?! Probably constantly asking themselves "what do you want to do today?" every morning!!!! NO WAY! Not on my trip!!!! Everything is planned out to the SECOND! And well... not everything always goes to plan but I can accept that :rolleyes:

Enough rambling.

November Itinerary Version 1

Day One
++Arrive MCO approx 12:30pm
++Check in at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge - Drop off luggage - Head straight to Epcot
++Lunch at Le Cellier - Bubba will hopefully get to be my sever :woohoo:
++Since Bubba won't finish work until closer to the dinner hour, I'll head back to WL to get organized and settled - maybe take a few pictures of the place too!
++Meet up with Bubba (either at WL or MK) and enjoy MVMCP for the evening - I'm not sure where along the line we will have dinner. Perhaps I'll still be full from Le Cellier? That is if I make it to Le Cellier on time. Or should we get something while we're at MVMCP? Would we be wasting too much time by eating while at the party? Still have to figure this one out...

Day Two
++Wake up early and have a quick breakfast in our room - might as well take advantage of the villa amenities!
++Get to Epcot for rope drop - Main focus will be Future World in the morning and first half of World Showcase in early afternoon
++Return to WL to go swimming and take time to actually enjoy our resort for once!
++Dinner at The Wave - first time eating here for both of us. I'm really looking forward to it
++EMH at Epcot - Catch Illuminations and enjoy Epcot at night - perhaps buy a School Bread from Norway for our breakfast in the AM

Day Three
++"Sleep in" until 8AM :lmao: and eat our School Bread for breakfast in our room
++After breakfast, take an hour or so for pictures around the resort - most likely I'll be the only one running around taking pictures so Bubba can catch up on some much needed sleep :rolleyes1
++We check out of WL this day :sad1: so we'll load up Bubba's car with our stuff
++Walk over to Fort Wilderness (anybody know how long the walk is?) for the Wilderness Back Trail Adventure on a Segway Tour :yay: Like I said, we've never really explored FW and we're looking forward to rolling around on a Segway for our first look
++Second opportunity for lunch at Le Cellier if I missed the first ADR on arrival day although Bubba actually EAT with me
++If we don't end up having lunch at Le Cellier, we'll head straight to All Star Music for check in - hoping for either Broadway or Rock sections - take time to explore and take pictures as we've never stayed here before
++Dinner at Intermission Food court at ASMu
++Spend evening at DHS and see Osbourne Spectacle of Lights - again, another first

Day Four
++Early breakfast at Cape May Cafe
++Rope drop at AK - MUST ride Dinosaur as every time we've been the ride has either been closed or we just never got over there
++Afternoon break back at ASMu for a nap, swimming, or what ever we feel like
++Quick late afternoon visit to Downtown Disney for shopping - what else?
++Dinner at California Grill - hopefully we'll be there long enough to see Wishes while we eat. If not, we'll save our receipt so we can enjoy it from the viewing area at the top of the Contemporary.
++After fireworks, remainder of evening will be EMH at MK for as long as we can keep our energy up

Day Five
++My departure day :sad1:
++Rope drop at DHS - grab Fastpass to TSM or hopefully walk-on for a quick ride
++After all the crazy madness over at TSM, we'll enjoy a leisurely breakfast at Starring Rolls Cafe
++Spend the last remaining hours I have left at DHS
++Depart for the airport, say my goodbyes to Bubba and head home :sad2:

This itinerary can only work if Bubba gets all 4 days (other than my arrival day) off from work. I'll be relying on her car to chauffeur us around, to have easy transfer for when we switch resorts and to take me to the airport on the last day. Also, if she doesn't end up getting the time off, I'll end up doing most of these things by myself :guilty: I don't mind going around WDW solo but I'd feel really guilty after Bubba spent all this money to fly me down and she doesn't even get the chance to spend any time with me! Just in case she doesn't get the time off, I'll make up a November Itinerary Version 2, which will be "worst case scenario Bubba has to work the whole time" type thing. Expect that to come out in the next few days. The last day will be most affected without Bubba to drive me to the airport as I'll have to rely on ME instead. They usually pick you up 3 hours prior to departure, which pretty much writes off the whole morning. Crossing my fingers she'll get the time off!!!

Another thing you'll notice in this itinerary is that there's at least one time where we get some R & R back at the resort. I've never done this before. With Disney, it's always go, go, go for me. Like the July trip, for example. :rolleyes1 I nearly killed us! I had packed in so much stuff within a short 3 nights to the point where we'd be in bed by midnight and up again at 6am! Not happening this time!!! This trip is about relaxing but still getting out and seeing things. It's hard for me to take things slow when it comes to Disney but I gotta let up at some point.

Up next: November Itinerary Version 2, will Bubba get the time off work?

Oooh you get to stay at WL and Yacht Club! Lucky ducky! :)

I see you are going to Ohana and Chef Mickey's just like me. Hope its good!

Oooh you get to stay at WL and Yacht Club! Lucky ducky! :)

I see you are going to Ohana and Chef Mickey's just like me. Hope its good!

Thanks for commenting and :welcome: I wish I could stay at WL and YC on the same trip! But alas, it is not the case. Thankfully a few good perks of being a TA and having a sister who works in Disney have come my way for these trips.

I've never eaten at O'hana and I'm dying to try it, either for breakfast or dinner. I hear it's yumm-O! Been to Chef Mickey's once for breakfast. It was very yummy too! Seeing Mickey and the gang in their chef attire was a real treat too. Thanks again for reading and commenting :)

NOVEMBER UPDATE
1. Bubba continues to try and get the time off work. Disney can be a bit stubborn when it comes to granting time off :mad: but she hasn't given up yet! So far, she has been able to secure the Sunday off, which is a bonus. At the very least we'll be enjoying California Grill together :thumbsup2

2. Another tour has been added to the mix. We'll be embarking on the UnDISCOVERED Future World tour in Epcot on Friday morning. I can slowly see my Disney funds getting smaller and smaller by the minute :scared1: Thankfully this tour wasn't nearly as costly as the Segway tour but once Bubba suggested it, I was hooked. Who could pass up the opportunity to ride Soarin' without the hassle AND have a spot secured for Illuminations?! If that's you, YOU'RE CRAZY!!! :rotfl2: Oh, and of course being able to see behind the scenes at Epcot - something Bubba gets to see EVERYDAY but hey, it's all new to me. It seemed to fit in perfectly with our itinerary as well since we (well, I :rolleyes1 ) had already planned Epcot for that morning. The tour starts at 9am so it's not a ghastly early morning (unlike the Steam Trains tour :faint: ) which I think Bubba can handle :rolleyes:

3. About a week ago, a little bit of an emergency arose. This is one reason why I dislike Bubba to be over a 2 hour flight away... Recently, Bubba had been scheduled to work 11 days in a row with 10-12 hour shifts being common. Nobody should be required to work those kind of hours without at least one day off in between even with the fact that they're short staffed. (But who am I to judge Disney's employment standards :sad2: ) So here she is, on day 9 - lack of sleep + lack of eating properly = :faint: Yup. She fell flat on the floor half way through her shift. :eek: Thankfully this wasn't in front of any guests! After being rushed to the hospital to discover she had a mass sinus infection and minor case of strep throat she was granted the next day off... and the day after that. Of course I didn't find out about this until the next day but my oh my.... I was just happy to hear she was okay. Poor Bubba :sad1: I'm always there for her when these sort of things happen. You see, she has a history of fainting. It had been nearly a year since her last episode. It hadn't crossed my mind until now that it could become an issue again. She has been to the hospital many of times with the same sort of fainting spells but no matter which doctor looks at her, they have no idea what causes it. My prognosis is being just plain overworked. The girl works too hard! My diagnosis is four days with her loving sister for fun, FUN, FUN at Disney!!! Anywho, she is on the mend and feeling much better the last couple of days :hug: Let's hope she stays healthy up until and through my arrival!!!

APRIL UPDATE

Due to the unexpected expenses with this surprise November trip, I'm forcing myself to cut back a little from the April trip. Yes, it sucks. But lately I've been finding myself way stressed out over my money situation. I've been crunching numbers daily to (hopefully) make sure I set aside enough money to pay for this trip. Not exactly how I want to spend my time planning for a trip to Disney! I want to stay at YC ... but it's just a ridiculous amount of money to be spending right now. So, I spoke with my mom today and she's up for anything - as long as we're still going, that's all that matters to her! I love her for that :hug: She truly is the best mom ever. Now I'm trying decide what the best choice is:

Option #1: Extend our Pop Century stay for the full 9 nights which would save us each approx $500

Option #2: Stay at Pop Century for 3 nights, as originally planned. Then switch over to CBR in a waterview room for the other 6 nights. This would save us each approx $350

I'm leaning a bit more towards Option #2 as it'll be 5 years since we last stayed at CBR. I'd like to refresh my memory of the place. The one and only vivid memory I have is the Disney buses taking FOREVER to make a full milk run around the resort. :headache: That aside, I think I can look passed the minor inconveniences of complimentary transportation to dig into all the great things the CBR has to offer. Especially figure out the best waterview room spot to request ;)

November Itinerary Version 2 in the next post ... when I get around to it ...

All that, and more to come!!

Random Past Disney Photo of the Day:

29o25p0.jpg

APRIL UPDATE
After hours of research and reading page after page on these forums :surfweb: I finally called and made the change. We're now staying at Pop Century the first 3 nights and CBR the remaining 6 nights in a preferred room. Room requested in the Martinique section, Building 25, high floor. Pop Century requests are still to do but I'd say we're pretty firm on those as well. I'll probably call tomorrow to confirm our requests, which are 50s section, Building 3 (Tramp), lakeview, high floor. We're just booked standard room at Pop but hopefully we can get these requests. Last time we stayed at Pop, we made no room requests but ended up in the 90s section. It wasn't TERRIBLE or anything... all we did was cut across the parking lot to reach the food court and bus stop. Sometimes it was a bonus when we could see the bus stop as we were cutting across the parking lot. Then, if we saw the bus we wanted pulling up, we could sprint to catch it! :laughing: That happened on more than one occasion...

I'm really excited about this change to CBR. Don't get me wrong, I really really really REALLY wanted to stay at YC, what with being so close to Epcot and all, but it was just not meant to be. It'll have been 5 years since we stayed at CBR when we finally go back in April (look at me and saying "finally" after all the trips I've taken this year :rolleyes1 ) and that was way before they refurbished the rooms to Nemo theme. I'm SO looking forward to the Nemo rooms. Huge, HUGE fan of Finding Nemo!! Glad to find out that ALL the rooms have been switched to Nemo theme and not just a few here and there. That would be annoying, not to mention one more thing to stress over :rolleyes: I've also read around here on the DIS that you can see Illuminations in certain spots at CBR. If that's true, COOL! However, more often than not, we'll either be AT Epcot for Illuminations or at another theme park while Illuminations is going on. So this perk (if true or not) doesn't really make it any more reason to get excited.

Last update that relates to our April trip is that we'll be participating in our FIRST FRIDGE SWAP! And the theme of the fridge swap is (what else?) FINDING NEMO! I got so excited when I saw the theme and box decorated with all these Nemo stickers :hyper: I skimmed the available dates and SCORE! My dates were open!!! I scooped them up as fast as I could and will now be taking part in my very first fridge swap. :thumbsup2

NOVEMBER ITINERARY VERSION 2 - DAY 1

Can't say much has changed here:
++Arrive MCO approx 12:30pm
++Check in at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge - Drop off luggage - Head straight to Epcot
++Lunch at Le Cellier - Bubba will hopefully get to be my server
++Since Bubba won't finish work until closer to the dinner hour, I'll head back to WL to get organized and maybe catch a little shut eye :angel: I'll need all the energy I can get for the evening!
++Meet up with Bubba (either at WL or MK) and enjoy MVMCP for the evening - dinner is still undecided
++Hope to ride Dumbo at night when the queue is shorter - will the crowds be lowered at a hard ticketed event like MVMCP? Only ridden Dumbo ONCE :eek: shocking I know - and that was during the day. I've heard that its pretty neat to ride at night as well. I'd also like to enjoy this ride before it's torn down and redesigned into that massive Dumbo ride they have planned...

Day 2 from November Itinerary Version 2 coming up next...

NOVEMBER ITINERARY VERSION 2 - DAY 2

++Wake up around 7:30am and have breakfast in our lovely villa
++Leave for Epcot around 8:00am
++Arrive at Epcot and check in for the UnDISCOVERED Future World Tour - Duration: 4 hours
++After a lengthy amount of walking, we will retire back at WL for swimming, relaxing, napping, whatever we feel like :beach:
++Around 5pm, we'll head to CR to make it to our ADR at The Wave
++It'll be EMH at Epcot this night so after dinner we'll head in that direction. Probably try to focus on getting a few rides in at TT or Nemo or SSE. If time allows, we'll also do some WS
++Illuminations at 9pm
++Before leaving Epcot, we'll make a stop at Norway to get some yummy school bread for breakfast the next morning :cloud9:

Lunch on this day seems kind of up in the air. I read on AllEars.net that there is an opportunity to grab some grub at Sunshine Seasons during one of the breaks. Not sure if this still holds true or not. Neither Bubba or I have eaten at the Wave yet. I'm excited for this meal. The plan is to dress up nice like the little princesses we are princess: :laughing:

Random Past Disney Photo of the Day

vrrnly.jpg

I have been lurking for a long time. I just thought I would post to let you know you do have readers out there. I agree with you my PTR is for me to have something to look back on, but then again it is nice to have someone to post back and forth with in the mean time.

I had to laugh (not at you, but with you) when you were talking about the show your sister gave you, "Why flights go down" My brother went to school for aeronautics and was constantly calling me telling me about plane crashes and why it happened, where is the safest place to sit, why some months is more dangerous to fly then other months. Finally I had to tell him to stop it, let me be ignorant.

How nice of your sister to fly you down this November. I hope she gets more time off to spend with you. MVMCP is tons of fun. I suggest you try and ride Dumbo during the first parade, when all the little kiddies are watching the parade, then watch the second parade because most of the little ones are heading out and it's less crowded.

I have been lurking for a long time. I just thought I would post to let you know you do have readers out there. I agree with you my PTR is for me to have something to look back on, but then again it is nice to have someone to post back and forth with in the mean time.

I had to laugh (not at you, but with you) when you were talking about the show your sister gave you, "Why flights go down" My brother went to school for aeronautics and was constantly calling me telling me about plane crashes and why it happened, where is the safest place to sit, why some months is more dangerous to fly then other months. Finally I had to tell him to stop it, let me be ignorant.

How nice of your sister to fly you down this November. I hope she gets more time off to spend with you. MVMCP is tons of fun. I suggest you try and ride Dumbo during the first parade, when all the little kiddies are watching the parade, then watch the second parade because most of the little ones are heading out and it's less crowded.

Thank you for coming out of lurkdom. And thanks for reading along. :)

Seriously, ignorance IS bliss - especially when it comes to flying!

My sister still needs to negotiate getting the Friday and Saturday off. We know for a fact she'll get either/or off but since we now have a tour scheduled on BOTH days, it would be nice if she could get BOTH days off. Last time I spoke to her, she was going to go straight to her manager - who is very nice by the way - and request the days off that way. Apparently going straight to management is better than going through the silly "Request Days Off" CM computer system. Who knew? :P

I'll take your advice about riding Dumbo during MVMCP. Are there two parades during every night of the party? Just want to make sure so I can convince my sister that there will be another parade! My goodness, I'm going to be tired that night. Hopefully the "Disney adrenaline" will keep me going!

Started reading your PTR - sorry to hear about all the family drama. Coming from a "family" of divorced parents, I feel your pain and aggravation. Going to Disney often enough makes up for all that though ;)

Hiya! Thought I would come over and say Hi! :)

Sounds like you have a great trip planned! I'm guessing maybe you are getting CM-type discounts on your tours, etc., but if not, make sure you use the AP discount. :)

Also, did you see the new 4/3 (or 5/2) discounts? That might apply to your trip in April--could bring you back up to YC! (After staying at BC, I love the walk over to Epcot!)

I hope you like the Wave! It's a really cool environment--bar area is especially nice--and I really liked the food the couple of times we've been there.

We are eating at Le Cellier for lunch in Oct--maybe your sis will be our server! :) That would be cool.

Um, 2 hrs from airport to Epcot will be tight... especially if you have to activate your AP as well, but maybe you can do it! (You can be up to 15 mins late for your ADR... or maybe you'll get lucky and be able to move it back.) Do you have to go through customs/immigration stuff in Orlando, or do you change planes somewhere in the US first?

MVMCP is really fun--make sure you see the shows and parades that are special to the evening! Oh yeah--and leave time to go see the gingerbread house at GF--i think it goes up around Nov 10ish.

Sounds like a great trip--can't wait to hear all the updates and twists and turns along the way! (I'm liking the added pictures, too--more please! ;)

Sounds like you have a great trip planned! I'm guessing maybe you are getting CM-type discounts on your tours, etc., but if not, make sure you use the AP discount. :)

Yup, we're getting CM discounts right now. I'll have to remember I'm an AP holder now and ask if I'm elegible for discounts :idea:

Also, did you see the new 4/3 (or 5/2) discounts? That might apply to your trip in April--could bring you back up to YC! (After staying at BC, I love the walk over to Epcot!)

I read about the new deal coming out. From the looks of things, you have to purchase theme park tickets along with your room reservation. That won't work for us passholders, right? Unless Disney comes out with a different offer for us. I'll still cost compare and see what the difference is once all the details are officially released. I would love to be able to stay at YC :cloud9:

I hope you like the Wave! It's a really cool environment--bar area is especially nice--and I really liked the food the couple of times we've been there.

I hope I like it too! Do you have any suggestions as to what we absolutely must try? I haven't heard much hype about the Wave and am wondering if there are hidden gems about it.

We are eating at Le Cellier for lunch in Oct--maybe your sis will be our server! :) That would be cool.

That would be super cool! She is really nice and has a very loud laugh :laughing: Great with the little ones too. Her real name starts with "A". If you get a female server with the name beginning with the letter "A", ask her if her sister calls her Bubba. That would freak her right out! She'll wonder where you got your information from :rolleyes1

Um, 2 hrs from airport to Epcot will be tight... especially if you have to activate your AP as well, but maybe you can do it! (You can be up to 15 mins late for your ADR... or maybe you'll get lucky and be able to move it back.) Do you have to go through customs/immigration stuff in Orlando, or do you change planes somewhere in the US first?

I'm hoping since my sister will be working that Le Cellier will be a little lenient. It can't be THAT hard to seat one person! At least I hope not... Every few days I keep checking if a later ADR is available. No luck yet :sad2: I will be clearing customs prior to leaving YYZ (or so I've heard) which means I won't need to claim my baggage in Orlando. Let's hope that's how it goes!

MVMCP is really fun--make sure you see the shows and parades that are special to the evening! Oh yeah--and leave time to go see the gingerbread house at GF--i think it goes up around Nov 10ish.

I'm really looking forward to MVMCP :santa: This will be my AND my sister's first time in Disney around x-mas time. I'm going to be taking TONS of pictures. Thank goodness I'm taking 7GB worth of memory card storage. Think that will be enough? :lmao:I'll be sure to visit GF to see the gingerbread house. Maybe Hanzel and Gretel will be around to join us as well ;)

Sounds like a great trip--can't wait to hear all the updates and twists and turns along the way! (I'm liking the added pictures, too--more please! ;)

Thank you for your wonderful comments. More pictures will be coming! Stay tuned and thanks again for reading

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!