The Last 5th Birthday Trip Report (June 5-19, 2022) - Completed 7/7/22

Itinerary: Day 8 - Last DCA start - Part 1b​

Morning - Continued:

• Get any must-have photos we don’t have yet, hopefully utilizing the photopass photographers.
With RSR still down, and DD8 having ridden IC and LLs for it later for the whole family, our next priority was meeting DD5’s favorite princess: Elsa. We headed back to Carthay Circle because we had seen Anna there previously and assumed Elsa would eventually show up. As we were walking by Carsland, I spotted a PP photog and so we had to take photos!

DD8 is still thinking about IC, but the rest of us are happy and in the moment:
1656291496372.png

The whole sign, the whole family:
1656291534989.png

Magic shot!
1656291561332.png

RSR was down still, and we had an Ice Queen to try to find, so we left Radiator Springs and kept heading towards Carthay. On the way we saw Goofy given autographs at the fountain, but he was about to leave.

We did a quick photo op near the other partners statue (I forget its official name). Some of the kids may have been getting a little tired of mom’s insistence on photos…
1DyF9CNfZEeL8h_-1n7BsRqRM4tLi0HN8mAM85W7BcvEL8_bzj0j75ymB8O3Tj-oQLPHXzzUsMBHhTf_rQ5q64kUk2-naWzGOfXischxY-DE3JraPSJHTMfzKlNjNotJ326E4FhgyNn9NBMlhA

As we finished posing, we say Mickey himself walking by! We followed him and got in line to do a meet and greet. DH headed across the street to grab some snacks and came back with pineapple spears and a drink (can’t remember if it was coffee or Coke at this point). It was only a 5 minute wait, and DH barely made it back. We got autographs and some great PP photos!

Surprisingly DS was first in line for Mickey:
isIsqz9tT_Xeo_ne1n1Q2NkTIl2ndYSjhNAoQqfPIwJACK2Kg4FBPylWCd5Omg6T4iWZ5qk9bZblLroXS4MKMhsbv8jtv66b-nkCpQ5yWMF1giruS7rp6ZFWvhpFIt3k0NMNxan_n7IqDaCjzw

DC12 got into the act and enjoyed a high-five:
uH2d_TdzYOwPaQoQekBppvn2Hmf3WBLyASkajo7DixKWtIjqzohuKcBSMs0QIoF4_m1o2luAj2sC90swXtzFBDVXAA2NTZy74DkQOhCjMkwGoR5YJkbAERenl_fPahqeCklfWElca0DRDUE2OQ

I really need to improve my posture, but the kids look great and so does Mickey - so dapper in this outfit:
yI44Qi7d4_gfpngH8GWtXWA8uUp24CHnzutgDIQjSy7CPBE1htcTLzSv47kr-LXiQpHxU7ZMzYDxlOzyA9jD9lIvk8N7tpXaLj_wivqyJD6Zb_NhI3njeII2gQHtMlkrwtqEeLUN87UViS5VSQ

Love this family pic - might be the best one we had all trip:
pPqUohHR4yTK-29qJtpaqNsF7G6TZ4ym83O3cjJJMqAcJMl0ym0HBC29v7G3E238W9DHWE0hf6aBaZvAsMu2rGi9dq2ibz6ACU2NaEh77zg8ydXAKfn6nvV2EXgp5tZguwLkPqygY2bpRhIpFg

Or maybe this one is!
ogza_bA4oZxpEYR4MDt3jKwdQJduN3DNveVsUtFv_UtiGNxwr9HdNTLDIgCfCqUnN5jAoeDNeog858VpahBlQfXG6AEmABIO8mNK9f2N-7FP_mhC9vSjmBsM8395hYeMsIS4EGjuMYdv-gCEvQ

With the surprise Mickey greet in the books, we headed back across the street to Carthay Circle and posted up where we had seen Anna a couple days before. DH posted up with the kids, and I went around the corner just in case. Sure enough in less than 10 minutes Elsa came out the gate near me and walked to where DH was waiting. We were 2nd in line! DD5 was SO happy. We got some great pictures but no PP. I think there should be PP photogs at every meet & greet to maximize value of PP but I’d think it would also encourage more sales of pictures in general. Missed opportunity imo!

DD5 and DD8 so thrilled to see Elsa!
qAdEoRxWl3KUyaI9ApvyOKQrBkInr-WhlxcL5RrD1QBUa8ISRCqhRLrv9K166nzrkdqVeOUsUv1_pDHAPpTmvyedkrV04CGbMC3e8LBlK_o6hiBo-lXTEu4dmRZPUo3QI_pXwhVbVDDyLqbXBA

Not quite PP quality, but still cute:
Jv5JwMFGlhExILVnGcbXlnpkhMmYJLJIaPM4iLLXtr-kXiX5bnUBm_ziFOKp_GDZbORU4MNHptp1k537IWsLHUDqgcpT3idIEN__HUH-XwLMmSReBerQiyyB4A1gHuID4GAbkcaYkCuRks6Lvg

The whole family had to get in the act - but once again missing DH. Can you tell I really appreciate and would use more PP? Plus, not sure which of these turned out better:
Elsa and family 1

XbCibphdbcZen4O_-6rx8FN9JqGjrbsezggNKXM7U7EhWVm67ITDq6EVOk5KKxVr_3wMxTPp1zhC2mYyEx4sEzZVOjP76PFd54HuimfHjlvYLzLxIgzsVggnGfJqby2fJZmPNL8T45ZQE7ahPA

With two of our three main objectives in DCA complete, I set up mobile order lunch. What would we have? Stay tuned to find out!

Back to Contents

Last edited:
Try calling PhotoPass to see if they can fix this for you. The CMs on the phone have always been super nice whenever we've had a PP issue.
Thank you for the tip! I'll try this out and update.

I am thinking about trying the canoes again in August. I haven't been on them since the 80s. Might be a good thing to do in the heat with the possibility of getting wet!
It is hilarious and interactive. Definitely worth consideration :)

How scary to get separated from DD15 in the dark! Makes you wonder how families reunited pre-cell phones. I do remember getting separated from my family when I was around 5 or 6 years old and Alice just waited with me until they came back for me! I don't remember being scared. Can't say the same for my parents.
Right?! I mean I should have taken some deep breaths, and realized she'd come back to where we were, and just keep an eye out for her, which DH unblocked her phone. Somewhat ironically, she gave us back information on the phone (said she was passing Jungle Cruise, which made me think she had gone the wrong direction, instead of saying Pirates, which was where she was). Either way, they were all reunited and made it safely home.

Your nighttime adventures sounded so fun! I love staying until close!
It really was so worth it. I had a few moments of regret on the walk home, which felt incredibly long that night. I knew my feet were tired, so I can only imagine how the kids felt. I didn't have to imagine much though, they were letting me know quite loudly!

Sorry all about today's updates. I don't know why only a couple of images are attaching correctly. Will have to trouble shoot it tomorrow!

Edited to add: Looks like all my pictures are now showing up. I did nothing. Hrm....

Last edited:

Itinerary: Day 8 - Last DCA start - Part 2​

Midday & Afternoon:​

• Lunch: CS - maybe Pym’s if we haven’t tried it yet, or Angry Dogs if we are still hanging out in Pixar Pier. We’ll probably be ready for food by 11, but we’ll play it by ear.
We took advantage of the multiple venues on Pacific Wharf to allow each person to have what they wanted. I placed the mobile orders and we headed off to Incredicoaster. Thankfully it had stayed up, and we were able to ride at 11:40.

DC12 and DD8 rode together this time (You can see me above DC12):
zyv3aegm3f61nFGOVQu33D6IFk3W-hqo3x00ovfPx0HhWpfhkbiEmRphIe2l29uB2WJMFYBNz-yFrA6OOHdDDhm00m0Q0yBVDfntNc6J5WhWxYGX8AYb5o7zJBaYeClJpm-UpkLSl_QwSWUZkg

I rode next to DS, and DD15 rode behind him; she says she enjoyed it, even if it doesn’t look like it:
7_jY0AbYrDE3ojvE4mxrqu1jTrwcPBo6LSb19t5FYD5MaD0dBiEtVUjHPjqd26ohQcUuvydCgaZtQ2mxJU4yQiy9Vf_52kdpXK-rLc5SemWhm93g2MFs2Rr541gse2zdm1WgIMbg3-7iSaAvqQ

While we were doing IC, DH took DD5 to the carousel again. I think she enjoyed it:
NVQoKbscFrB2nR63Lkrwgjb46KK_woVWZ50p1at8pKJn28VxrMOTToKUziMuv3fQpvXRcim6QMvXtyCzJmJoRERaQZo8p3_SH9Ixejc1P1TOEShbM2ntHSRqBAnNlzOTLI3eRcoBiWoR15oAPw

We reunited after our rides, and headed to Pacific Wharf where we quickly found our table. DH did a round of sunblock and bathroom breaks while I head to pick up our food. I had pretty neatly timed things so that the kids food would be ready and then the food for DH and I. It worked perfectly.

First was Pacific Wharf Cafe for Mac & Cheese in a bread bowl ($11.49) for DS10 and DD8. It was ready within 5 minutes of me clicking ‘I’m here’, which I did as we looked for a table. Next was Lucky Fortune Cookery, for Pork Ramen (Nori, Roasted Corn and Green Onion - $14.49) for DC12 and Pot Stickers (crispy Vegetable and Chicken Pot Stickers - $6.49) for DD5 and sharing. This also was ready quite quickly. I tapped ‘I’m here’ before even leaving the Cafe, and waited less than 5 minutes after dropping off the bread bowls. My next wait was the longest for Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill - my window opened right after I brought the ramen to the table, and it took about 5-10 minutes to get the food. DH and I got Quesa Birria Street Tacos (Braised Beef and Cheese Tacos with Tomatillo Salsa and Consomé. Limit 2 per transaction. - $11.99), DD15 & DD5 got Kids’ Meal Pollo Asada Tacos (served with a Cuties® Mandarin and Yogurt Smoothie with choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Water - $7.99), and I got three sides of Frijoles Charros (Chorizo and Bacon stewed Pinto Beans - $3.99) for everyone to split.

Now I had read a LOT about these birria tacos and the consome. Here’s how they looked:
5VanfPtSfwD0ilYCMUqt0kwdEwJ0O_JZ59-6uEt8rWTLaeIzVsooQA4hF0IljvlrNX7ugGOLOZTooO8DDcVGcOHkFOa1TNu20lI2687wjrARdSA7nqqEWEEL3ZU6Rj6Ni3s4sf0Ba-iCqmINkQ

The conome was fine, but not my favorite part. Instead, I found the tomatillo salsa to be even better! It really gave the tacos a bunch of flavor. I did drink the rest of the consome, so it was good, just not quite as WOW as the hype had implied.

• We’ll decide how much more we want to do in DCA, or if we want to hop.
    • DL: Explore Tomorrowland! The specifics will depend on when our LL for Space Mtn are, but I’m sure we’ll have a lot of fun here. We will check out Autopia. If we haven’t managed to meet Tinker Bell and spend time in Pixie Hollow, that’ll be a bigger priority than the rides.
    • DCA: Hit the favorites again (GotG, possibly GFS). Also check out any Avenger shows we may have missed the first time around, and in general repeat anything DD5 really wants or things we’ve missed previously
After eating, we all double checked our sunblock and took a potty break, before heading to Grizzly Peak for a GRR LL, with plans to head back to the house afterwards. We parked the stroller in some shade, changed out our shoes for flip-flops and skipped the ponchos this time. DH decided to go with us this time! There was enough of a line that we had some time to talk about our day and have fun in the queue.

DC12 & DD5 love to ham it up for pictures:
ixyPCqIpxQgBKkmyBWVdoX7Uww8oXBkT5HBjeV9sSXlDkeNMihJ25gC3cKCXF9TNMiDS20iIB5Xl0Mig8nSz4cXIH-1xmucGjPYOwTuh4ZRmsv82DEV32Y1nVrTae5KxgB-rhfYCey-HSoZlrQ

DH trying to look stern, and DC12 looking adorable:
SEuqjKk73SSakXbKQvF4SMHpVUHR3ZbhmKi3dtqMASh3Y699OukEDJE9WP0k4A27wCwu9MEW0HAaQZ0rNHdhyU0wuh69cpAicCHzWRBVtGRw7wdLmP9kB3igBJdP84B6LhsNMDnuc5rNdRHydw

We all enjoyed the ride, but DD15 got wetter than she wanted, while the rest of us didn’t get very wet at all! I wish I could have traded places with her - I was hot. We headed back to the house for some afternoon rest and to get ready for one of the last minute plans that came together.

My cousin who grew up in the same hometown as I did, has lived all over the globe, including Nepal and Thailand. Her family has more recently been living in San Diego and Tijuana. We had discussed possibilities of meeting up during our trip, as it had been a while since our families had been together, but nothing firm had been decided. We tentatively planned a meetup at the beach for our beach day. Then my best friend’s family had to pull out of the trip, and that left us with room in the house. I was able to switch our reservation from my friend’s family to my cousins family of four, so she could come stay at the rental without violating any terms (you aren’t allowed to have visitors, only registered guests can be on property). This meant she could drive up the Sunday before, and spend the night with us before going to the beach Monday and heading home!

When we got the house about 1:30, I was rather tired, and tried to nap knowing my cousin would be there soon. I got some rest and the kids had fun playing. She arrived just before 3pm and all jumped into the pool. For a quick swim. DS was happy to have 2 more boys (ages 4 and 2), while DD5 was happy to have someone close to her age, and DD15 was happy to have a baby around.

At 3:40pm I had to make everyone get out of the pool and ready for dinner - the second half of the plans working out. Originally, this was supposed to be the send-off dinner for my friend’s family, one last bit of Disney magic before they drove home in the morning. I had changed the reservation from 13 to 7, but I only needed to add 1 adult and was pretty sure they would let me. We left the house by 4:45pm with two strollers this time, and made our way to DTD.

Back to Contents

That must make DLR challenging! There are definitely more spots with shade on the DL side than the DCA side. Do you wear sun hats and sleeves? DH's aunt is also allergic to sun, and she has some super cute light-weight long sleeved outfits and gorgeous movie-star quality sun hats that she wears when they do WDW.

Yes, challenging. Unfortunately, they don't really make good stuff for men to wear. I usually use my UV umbrella, which annoys guests, but I just apologize and keep it moving. The only other person I knew of who was allergic to the sun, was my maternal grandmother.

Itinerary: Day 8 - Last DCA start - Part 1b​

We did a quick photo op near the other partners statue (I forget its official name). Some of the kids may have been getting a little tired of mom’s insistence on photos…
1DyF9CNfZEeL8h_-1n7BsRqRM4tLi0HN8mAM85W7BcvEL8_bzj0j75ymB8O3Tj-oQLPHXzzUsMBHhTf_rQ5q64kUk2-naWzGOfXischxY-DE3JraPSJHTMfzKlNjNotJ326E4FhgyNn9NBMlhA

Storytellers is the name of the statue. Your son doesn't seem to be into it in this one.

Love this family pic - might be the best one we had all trip:
pPqUohHR4yTK-29qJtpaqNsF7G6TZ4ym83O3cjJJMqAcJMl0ym0HBC29v7G3E238W9DHWE0hf6aBaZvAsMu2rGi9dq2ibz6ACU2NaEh77zg8ydXAKfn6nvV2EXgp5tZguwLkPqygY2bpRhIpFg

I like this one because the feet aren't cut off...as a scrapbooker, that bugs me. :)

I like that this is more "close up"...and look at all those smiles!!

DD5 and DD8 so thrilled to see Elsa!
Jv5JwMFGlhExILVnGcbXlnpkhMmYJLJIaPM4iLLXtr-kXiX5bnUBm_ziFOKp_GDZbORU4MNHptp1k537IWsLHUDqgcpT3idIEN__HUH-XwLMmSReBerQiyyB4A1gHuID4GAbkcaYkCuRks6Lvg
She looks like she's having the time of her life!!

And I also agree that they need more PP photogs on site.

Itinerary: Day 8 - Last DCA start - Part 2​

Midday & Afternoon:​

zyv3aegm3f61nFGOVQu33D6IFk3W-hqo3x00ovfPx0HhWpfhkbiEmRphIe2l29uB2WJMFYBNz-yFrA6OOHdDDhm00m0Q0yBVDfntNc6J5WhWxYGX8AYb5o7zJBaYeClJpm-UpkLSl_QwSWUZkg

While I like the overlay, I wish they'd make adjustments, so as not to cover people up with it.

LOL, that's about what I look like on these rides. I have motion sickness, but I ride anyway....and I always look miserable in the photos.

Great pic. The colors really pop out.

DH trying to look stern, and DC12 looking adorable:
SEuqjKk73SSakXbKQvF4SMHpVUHR3ZbhmKi3dtqMASh3Y699OukEDJE9WP0k4A27wCwu9MEW0HAaQZ0rNHdhyU0wuh69cpAicCHzWRBVtGRw7wdLmP9kB3igBJdP84B6LhsNMDnuc5rNdRHydw

Get some cool merch in his hands...that'll put a smile on his face!

Storytellers is the name of the statue. Your son doesn't seem to be into it in this one.
Thank you! That was bothering me. Yeah, DS would either ham it up and loved the photo ops or was totally over it. I found this one puzzling because he absolutely loves the Partners statue and specifically requested pictures by it.

I like that this is more "close up"...and look at all those smiles!!
I agree, it is my favorite. I think it is Christmas card material, although I might include some of the other 'out takes' I've posted from other poses.

While I like the overlay, I wish they'd make adjustments, so as not to cover people up with it.
Yeah, it isn't my favorite overlay - I think they could improve it.

LOL, that's about what I look like on these rides. I have motion sickness, but I ride anyway....and I always look miserable in the photos.
Oh no! Well, hopefully you are having a lot of fun! I wonder if DD15 is having some motion sickness too and just doesn't realize it. I might see about getting her seabands or something next time we are at an amusement park.
Get some cool merch in his hands...that'll put a smile on his face!
So true - he didn't seem to enjoy the actual shopping moments, but the spur of the moment stops/souvenirs available at kiosks just appealed to him so much more than I realized.

Love all the great family pictures!
Thank you! I'd say many are great representations of the family, but probably not great pictures 😅

That is the sweetest dern thing I have ever heard/read!!
It just made me melt at the time :)

Itinerary: Day 8 - Last DCA start - Part 3a​

Evening:​

• Dinner: Goofy’s. I usually avoid hotel restaurant reservations on park days, but this was supposed to be BF’s family rest day before the drive home, and I thought it would be fun to finish with a group character meal so they don’t have to cook or clean up, and have one last Disney magic moment for their trip.
We made it to DLH to check in for dinner at Goofy’s Kitchen. I couldn’t use mobile check-in, since I had to add an adult but also a 2 and 4 yr old. While I waited in a short line, the kids discovered the DL car!

DD8 driving the boys while DS and DD5 watch:
vuPCWcZMCrCmkmoslmAE-H-Fyz393eaHlbtP6U9xaVkFBcaWtouTsNDUAjBN7Nw3wl0JnN5cAPQSHKz8TzbPjS1y4JfYpiWl3HsjHVeLSOfSuwGbPM93iQ1bg8aAGLlN0H-9RWQw2t0cd2QBIA

DD5 excited to be riding with her cousins:
42Atm7VrO1xdlDikK32cU5GjkKqBrO7tVcVJFbzZiUWrLADolTFU-VRmwrwadTjzzXEWJ3QMjfK5ooETR2CvN5Vgqqxbg7ni3Va-11sdsrectl2PQknrD3Gn20ykc2UcsAeFthGB8ayJ8YHWcw

DS driving with style:
-3iXepEym4yBW-jt9oehYwO2gikRfX0OMeCl8wNT2BQmAQB7PQGGLofEz3-cts6JeQ36Z79KV4x06zysQzxMBtlO6OM-3rn46wYKFfFG3M7cfTwt11ywFDs1v1taOe2fQtowQUqwwDzQpczQMQ

Check-in complete, we waited less than 10 minutes to be called to the line for pictures with Goofy. This was wonderful, and again I appreciated the PP photographer, who took some brilliant candids!

DD8 was first:
gCDqBqmYgMh7rAFDE3t_VB67OZ02tgelGvF51WHxgmrcUXFZMrdnAJBo3Ahpg8vmrjV4JZKH-KtFwT5q5d171IqYPooTqpKDpmQBAthWip_75oBs7XGOs7LmrwnYs1xRZ9DMQN6zi6DEIQ9rxA

DS wanted to chill, but DD5 wanted Goofy to show her how to cook on his stove:
-WpCWeio_4_p6sftcDBOKwdLvmVYQ5gQOr5ntp7H_2vCIoUQHsg_jbm5FuxKigOQupcIObAX2DpIZmgT_m6oBV_59j8Nn8vuSKp7YsBTiuUR7fetH2ZGRYEuSnsandwItR_mJsb2AjO7A9ziFg

This was the boys first experience with Disney, and first experience with characters. The 2 yr old is so fascinated:
qZr6kHq2XbdZVEyrmCM7tSLVXWose85i2OLDIa3Zws8L31DZ2tbPAcmnQCOGt54hNsqKwVsX7R69oNhMSoi0qH_c3SxEFXoAFcVvhBKyECCLmIQWQhPovWa6S90xoGxd46M2Rd32aJJ_Qe2XyQ

And so is the 4 yr old (fun fact - they are 1 day shy of exactly 2 years apart!):
AMO0saumfnQKd9IlvXnxinTvfQuUl0aJVy1moNtuHK50si7pvvSzMdm52wzI6fHXzCYqTDE6BGHDFXaxxyj9YK6fAlJxU0tM3GJMkVe5NI6SYch4m4jUKMOW88iAFFyOZkXQVmlFZjr6Dg4HiQ

Finally the posed picture - I have the crazy eyes going here, and the kids aren’t all looking, but hey - this is realistic and I love it:
zv4Q9AVxHq6fA9NWVlVpdzB3MH1uXN9yp-TtjI75AcUARvkpWnAry7JidQyLlqKqvypDskBDPX9SPYhpn3qbiwMew0f0O8lCxuc9B5Oc2gc3ik-WcFWi3KT_WpauVFROnDWPshvWjA8SQDhDkw

Next up, the food!

Back to Contents

Last edited:

Itinerary: Day 8 - Last DCA start - Part 3b​

Evening, continued:​

I had heard mixed reviews about the food at Goofy’s, but my kids loved the buffet and all the adults were satisfied. My cousin’s kids had never experienced a buffet before and were thrilled with the selection and ability to get seconds!

Four of the kids ordered the Pluto’s Pupsicle (A creamy mix of Vanilla Yogurt, Orange Juice and Orange Syrup, blended and topped with a green-sugared rim “Collar” and a tuft of Orange Cotton Candy - $6.50)
QEtuj_ECL5BGs91UDD0dVXxY8TabPGXcWBgPfwuxJD1l56dxqF6vr4coeRfxVrSksfMQ3ojc2kP64mwdi5O1s1rC-04xCeqMfsezpr1_FMzxNZSPLShbpDuuihtyaKxcDIC6lXac_lRpanbG_g

DD15 ordered the Chip & Dale (A creamy blend of Vanilla Yogurt and Chocolate Sauce, mixed with Chocolate Chips and Sweet Cherries with a Chocolate Cookie Crumb rim - $8.00). She loved it!
ebRjpMpcrKaL1O39Cl2yP5awcixvpbC8sFu8YJBP2y_xTznugg1iFJpHvQZ6RuojCB9_b0dCRCvPCozxmImNNJbaZrN0_RZEwkf4L0DKvpLHVVj2Rth-yI3sIwIo0i_59b953KyRadBV9PHwMQ

DH ordered Walk the Plank (Bulleit Rye Whiskey, Orange Juice, Orgeat (Almond), and fresh Lemon Juice garnished with Luxardo Gourmet Maraschino Cherries - $14.00). He enjoyed it - but I think he liked the cherries best. It is shown next to the Chip so you can see how big those drinks really are!
75tj65cxH-ttUUXFhixLEkCNtKCk8RWCuT502Eg66xDEixpX9ihI8C4_MiO0zZr4H-c8t3MLYB0SU9QBQZ3KlIfT1ZNFjVwFbR1LdBG38zaf_hqxABeXRsQuap7UeBKsXH6y32vlrRjK1pH-jw

Every 15 minutes, they played dance music and Chip, Dale, Pluto and Minnie paraded through the restaurant. They didn’t stop at tables, sign autographs or pause long enough for any posed photos, but we were able to get a few candids!
3TqTwYMSs8S8n3cuX7UUYnjxtfJLihzhsygt56HZ_boS7VHB2q6do8LgU8t-J20A0M5OeiYVGteH0hH30YsN-Aq1l3E8_8rXUyUBLEh2uoJk9IuI22ocN967-GSrjAHt9CNoezToLDXCeWJWtg

DD5’s reaction to Minnie:
ztZOBxsVBq08siwgZ9X9dZRCMU5VbEiqfmGIeW3W4ioozSHeXErWRdYtQx1EDCBCodwJS6lg8duqhRAfqZ2dg1Hu8KIs8KgzvRS29nNeWuS2hGo1KaCF4PXYjhkUbP499fRDiUEr7wkGb3qtMA

Selfie with Pluto in the background - my ears are from 2019:
CEaK-hQi5Tqf811oyReruL8uK9954LzfGVQgCChESkoGYcLtgmneTpJstnRTVXqHs6yzqH6S2ezOU19LJYJl3f09gA8AhDdzsAsXSNoidTmXfiHcdtZwaGewIFoR9k_JI1YggDTNDjBVke98EA

DD8 really enjoyed her drink:
3s_nmUJk4RHmeUJTi3Aa4rwUvsCww3GYikk1Si7npNsjNr2Pk5QnCq7QKJM-_5kdQ_-gGvFhWtHvk0Jy6kNW-Q0E1KjhTyaDdqMf5PkarLbuG9uPTnL5FaVDYGvgeKbExicTIsJOnzkHg73K1Q

Another fun action shot of DH because I can:
_dWvgmBNsFOHJnKjUM2vvH2GPPgrhJaM62nGjyg3jDhZbW7CFLcV-_6rfkKBRCJe2bnMdZCgj77UWoziWFIG1EmFkaAoFiA5n6c-UPwbySueDGboow6X527tfZp-fCQKwaRRIYwWv9FfyBWlRA

DS got into the Goofy spirit:
4OhB-D4qKVeHLw0bt08Bbguo34qG2N2GODYnsQARHZtOEGb0qG03C-jQOAiYZtGRjHW7tYbck1r6KLPZZwRbSrgzUFTPCDeH0RA67Zvt2-HiyUytjzEUiHQ2aflmaLaSnw7V4lIq6Jx_65OOKA

Another surprise I had for everyone was a celebration cake. I had never ordered one before, but I wanted to make this trip special so I did it for this meal! Looked so cute, and was delicious too. $45, and it easily satisfied everyone with a tiny piece it was so flavorful and rich. We took most of it home, and didn’t finish it until we were back at my in-laws!
AU4-U1n9cZCq69pUlWOn0nwoIRQhrFnhQbMtIXWr867xmJ9LugG-6cg6mSct0YwiULznEUBzr1OBVxRBMmZHgzAr19DWoTGjROeEfBezHHQDOl7x_hVbgzl215u5K45L03Jh554d4YfAgJixmA

DD5 was so excited! We sang Happy Birthday and she blew out a candle.

What would we do next as dinner finished? Who was tired and who was ready for the parks? Find out soon!

Back to Contents

Itinerary: Day 8 - Last DCA start - Part 3c​

Evening, continued:
  • After dinner, we might return to DCA if there is anything we really wanted to do at night, like Pal Around, Incredicoaster, RSR, etc. Otherwise, we will hop to DL.
My cousin was ready to take her boys home and wind down for bedtime, and DD15 opted to go back to the house with them. I wish I had told her to stay, because the rest of us headed back to DCA to continue our park fun, and had lots of photo ops. I wish she had been included in them! I asked what rides the kids wanted, GotG or Soarin, and DD5 picked Soarin but the rest wanted GotG, so I split up the LL.

Our first stop in DCA was Carsland. I wanted to catch shaboom and wasn’t sure if we’d end up back there again, with RSR being down so much.

DH, DS, and DD8 entering the land:
7mh66HJomV6oK6GkIsh3bsg2dqtFIk1qFSjZpvAkVK8Z29y8WxxCrHiv_MD_M5ug08HSm70cWU_DQgfVALtZtDC01w3YZ_qn7fkGPyO8Ccr13lD4dg6Jb0naG27Z7m6uoBoAiCXmdoVJmaZjNg

A PP photographer was standing around near Cozy Cone. I asked if they were doing pictures and they said yes! They took several, but a couple had bad lighting settings, and my family struggled to all be looking the same way. Here are the few that turned out best.

AqJo1M9Xw_OD6b1WWcDuGjL9ovtfY7Nik2EZPYw8o7cUFvNM5Gq0tsqYReGS8eo_05klZevYUoxZegQlMw4WZNojANhr2_4ghGwXJlFEQ5cZYml0QDIF8MppbQ-7rCAVSc_AgJoctQOD5RFFSA

They did a ‘selfie’ pose with DD5 up front:
3WgS3Z6tGgnenvPWJSwUdBJ_iwzK5hW8hwBUPURMT2i8j_Z1cFUqIazUuStLAsrnjna0_SBr7F8FVsEvGoNFoBRSDjMnXCsm3Z7L6qLDLec4DDLDjNbJO7P8nrIUCfsgxTWFqyQJfPfDnDR8JA

And this is my favorite, even if DC12 has something weird going with her eyes:
qON54BZuRqTSnxVV-NwQ7suJL0pZDlWiGcvSbvXMNQkCs9hQOwCKx184aMJ4fP1FIqodKRaDHrqIIAibbvRXqnKyFKbDr2l79why9VDxZxGhvyNIPkCuhgegYCSCwJE-q2C2BubwYoWrKp4BvQ

Once we finished our photo shoot, we took a leisurely walk over to Luigis. The line didn’t look long at all, so we decided why not, and parked the car.

DH and DS rode together:
NW9A4sZOQ34BIAnIM5ijBTtCL1Dbmh1InC1QeSSoOd1U1pOAlqFikj6xQODV7eVNtcu6X6OyzmTJHtr1XlegUCDlija0sDKYz-30dTKUdHBuQYgFQRIOWw2IjDv0QBnWcTocEYYvjAfWsbAg5Q

DD5 rode with me:
ap862kzRst4QmPWBwuxvQaNxUMXk6yOvupzxNdve-6w79n-2dhPDoU87YUxYCaTPtXsc-7M3ATcHk0mGVxYS_Jw6xryBr566hNFXmjZcoZdYMneMP1Yojo9bSb4JCx_UEqY8-wB5OwgunygjDA

DC12 and DD8 rode with each other.

Next we took a stroll past RSR to the back side of Radiator Springs, and enjoyed the views of the sun setting on the picturesque scenery. Of course I had to grab some pictures!

I took 10 different shots of the kids, and all of them were goofy. DD5 was pouting in a few - I can’t even remember why. DC12 had eyes closed in a few, DD8 was looking the other direction, and DS wanted to make silly faces. I’m considering converting them into a moving gif if I knew how to do such a thing, because it is hilarious to flip through them. Here is a sample of the hilarity of getting a group pic with my kids:
EwmJbgKladUpaU8oZl-IYGelR22A5gdkFe8UydvaDWsVRVydzCV0wqYwJLoJ-P712fOKnoeqXbzltgw685mGzmjGeBUcuVkqVZ5Cq6gpShssAKqLvzl53HlxpnrOkTdxcVMaU9sWpbuYIkLhEw

DH and I wanted a pic too, and I couldn’t take a selfie at a good angle. We had DC take the picture, but they didn’t get any good shots with the actual scenery in it. This turned out ok, although not sure what I was thinking with the foot up.
SP465CRmnSQkanyTU26NlMawyyIIG-0Cne0BYENYnJsA-9jyl5PxdiyeMdAyyJm8bdE7VcD4gjfmWUZW-U7e0_EBqACOlBzAM3kBJMXGUIocRnTfrxSvjohr3-XRwL4t9LgOPjvf1aQM6ispew

We headed back into Radiator Springs proper, still just killing time before heading to Avenger’s Campus for GotG. We were just in time to watch Mater driving away from Cozy Cone! I love how the cars drive down the streets, it just adds so much to the area.
3eB61KKPLEUtJfZihxcqoKpQdszOQ4RFMLCxREu2BHRHGD5qY9QtLlxmSO94i51uUukuBxizzvR2AzHDe0Zp_B0ilAsDJJ1m10Es1wks6lhfP4mzcyUdwRm_mx2TuyNAdRwYzr1I21cJ9yny2w

We hopped into Sarge’s Surplus Hut, and DH found some really cool puzzles. I almost bought one, and now I have regrets, even though it would have blown the budget out more. I love puzzles! Just then, the CM inside noted that Shaboom was going to happen and we rushed outside. This picture doesn’t do it justice, but it really is a fun time to be in Carsland and I recommend it.
zWbYvi7RNHVN0QCGhsz06Q6PTt-kLnR11Ub56Sa5V48eJatNP9qFqbPXGHGgnJdBoNW0_ytfPJjT-olCfI9W-N_4p9q9Cbg9ljwG9gCWYqkjchBEsmoeiufro6qLsfsSoRy4_LUXCo-lsE49OQ

With the lights now on, we headed to Maters. There was a slight line, but it was under 5 minutes. This is another mainly spinning ride, so DH sat it out - Luigi’s was plenty for him for the day.

DS, DD5 and I rode in one tractor:
LGyyYHXh4Auz6JnkgMA2yFPLhzlpqpvO-nJmJYthoVgU3UB1eng8q1f3za7PsVDLk6LwFGncLU8tw6V3w3GwXhvTkT1ArxY-gJ5lEEXK_XzGlwNgbiB2r7F1xPVwy1E5PIrPVGubOSchBMTvMw

The CM working the ride saw me trying to get a shot of DD8 and DC12 in the tractor next to us, and offered to do it for me! More Disney magic!
DQ8tlf26EbScWK6wJuBPa9bYCFW7lBoAx6DVNCo93N0xZIHiwQmWuzJy5OO4khHTiV8AWFRDkWjH6vVFP7x1xDypLXas_AHn6pKHbOwP55f0KV72nCfFYjEYA57BcZ8V0CPF0KP3dS8eoX885g

We all loved the ride - I think I like it more than Luigis! We posed with the tractor out front, similar to poses we did back in 2016 during DS’s trip.

Gorgeous solo shot of DD8:
A5Q1dEycfYo__uBJC8wEbVkHE8uanZy8ZcAlfkGoCWyvKo4hblpkGUxfqqUWd7EC6b3kwOg4GIHb3YadWM1zveRdw5Se5J7Oh1o16etzFXz4dJiNiE7tdyB4i0EVr8U5FGFcrQ04j5PzIC4XcQ

I took 17 group pictures of the kids, and they are even worse than the last batch - so hilariously bad I just love looking at all of them, but will only subject you to this beauty:
XXUE7i7M2OOK6xkGgvIV_7vHi2QCuAPyo3Lddd9dY4FHed5_mwFeeOEMPNur0n_XDWO1BT1vQmcqrPQlwE_Rk7quumZV6B4Ay8QWily0O62bcKwSiTxm_NeiYVLiaAC-h_tFne3gaVaCtzSiig

Picture limit! Continued next post.

Back to Contents

Last edited:

Itinerary: Day 8 - Last DCA start - Part 4​

Night:
We did one more round of potty breaks, and I decided we would head to Avenger’s Campus. It seemed like a now or never opportunity for Web Slingers, and there was an ILL$ almost immediately available that would still give us plenty of time for the LLs. The standby line looked to be short too - maybe 30-45 minutes, but the LL line was walk-on.
It was such a fun ride! DD5 squealed with delight during the pre-show, so excited “we get to help Spiderman!!!”.

DH snapped this shot - he loved the queue:
5a26zxKX4UwgUvvLpBifh5wI2DKSb9IgRPCZt7TJehuZW5bH4fZKhOHIAR-CjfGyLZQOvoxgk8szprgQ6RxdPKxhV4DA6WQr2DW4tGgBKN5IUsaEP0icYMBhowLIL9WgN8OUpeSfbhi2wRVO7g

We didn’t get any other shots of the queue or the ride, but I did grab our scores. I think DD5 was tan, another guest was blue, I was purple and DC12 was red:
8WJa414mx9IaSAZDYLr0mYrJIzDxAQ8XKJBN6HmNg9JwkDEhOsvQo8I8rNzYV2WKCaQKPp24vGRLcmKqAXwPIAd4EdxkqycQYz9ay1JxBHvP57dwkDZiBWdZx4VobjC_rVZVaJ7tur-7apdrHg

I’m not sure if it was totally worth the $$, but definitely something I would ride again, even in a standby line 30-45 minutes long. So many cool things to do in the queue!

We got off the ride at 8:45pm and split up for our LLs. DD5 and I had the longest to walk, but the shortest line once we got there, so we were done with our LL on Soarin before the others were off the ride. Soarin once again was just ok for me - the images were very distorted from our right-side section, but the smells and the breeze made DD5 smile so much it was worth it.

DD5 and I about 9:20pm while waiting for the others:
JjJIpmwd1dA5TrhRGB43SjSfzFsfieC2ccjME5RDC2gphp5jFE90PElEJjymdiK6dStx4AL6h42iCkswUcEZPkbYeH4NXq9fMpuPEe1dfVwvfAVLANrdVawxEoJ5sWR-MW6MFKw6lii1xHfMww

The crew had fun on GotG, but you can’t see DD8!
eAl_8Eo6rmpirqBeczUDBCi6E18pM8rfRlyzLkw07rdtzlHtxG1gdmByeTQWcCR2DB-kBwDvHeNcHFrLimsanh_MBLhjzXnb2X30P7Q3gbZi2Uy65qBrn_UsjUH6vsrykhqrMj9Sa7Bk5rJ7tQ

It was close to closing time, and the crew was getting tired, but I spotted one more PP photographer as we left Avengers Campus, so of course we had to get a few shots. These shots are where I missed DD15 the most. It felt a little like foreshadowing for when she’s off doing her own thing as an adult - I am SO not ready for that!

You can tell DD5 is getting tired here:
cyQgFO13GPhInj-gXRIZiyWlsbw3A3Ap7r2O_CP0XX3snCG4ot4O6zDbMrhmjCpV05H8potnvUYgRAAJNnoGl8D9URWjQyrWfXuvwqoqlvQ7RT7s3SeEoLmdqIXKFtlFmDP2g7UVtyEwD_xoCg

And even more obvious here, plus DS is showing some fatigue:
iT-1QZIZR-7TrtX_y5bGuIqCZbFi96oxliuIwabFUIcCLORfAXaaBN2U0ZoZmy95sxDI1k-T7qDLGk7cOmnJN1zgYEcu9O3ZiFbDtYn70DyLHTo9_mFayQ96hKY8nK-hrwrWFfvsgbuvPo9vcA

• Explore Adventureland - an evening Jungle Cruise seems like it might be fun! Possibly IJ if that LL lined up. I’d definitely like to catch Enchanted Tiki Room if we haven’t already.
  • Space Mtn again if we can - I love that ride so much, I will feel lucky to get on it once, but if I can get it twice you bet that’s what I’m going to do!
  • Evening snacks - with dinner so early, I am thinking we’ll want some substantial snacks, possibly some Bengal BBQ skewers or maybe even a light 2nd dinner at Rancho del Zocalo. Either way, we’ll be staying in that general area of the park until time for fireworks so we can watch from main street. We might go with Gibson Girl and enjoy a tasty treat!
We didn’t hop. We headed back through DTD instead. After the previous late night I was just too tired to hop. DD5 fell asleep in DTD while we did a quick potty stop by the Lego store:
Aqg24CmWaoGH0Ty8tkTcWlwYtzdq05v_hj4oFmTn7vruAYwX4zqpDOZQk4HHgTlc38-s-cd4jNiFKMNNYdRjlBfaxDTPc_aieuiWGj2zPI3H4IOJmlQ7xVXraIaQDxqTNs6CR2_d7ejjJznG4w

Not sure what he was thinking, but he looked pensive:
C75LMrrbp9zkGrXZzmt8apzYwd1j3UUixfWPFeYK5GBbqc8p5dnZ-Z3FQfYA6Rmhj8EzkOGHtR2jcHQ4xMVuspu0JvMXYxZ6D0FLDIsA6XHuvv-duBqofMR-ZJiz7vR37TimqJACzT0S5dErVg

DD8 saw me take the picture of DS, so wanted in on the action:
JneERwMn9XijI0Rjex_DupgdMgG7izP5043z_f0WXSJg2I2dYooxnGEVv4Gcv0Q-vLL8CjzX9VeLMlDSfGZwk5ql6ZpuOfwTfMu2tNTUbejLiXwnrXhdf1Hqf_nWXgrcsksCt5KF8XvTrpMylw

So I didn’t want to leave DC12 out, and they posed for me with the Beast, but I’m a terrible photographer so I centered it on them and missed most of him. Oops!
NVdo_Thwgn8BMwQSlht6DDG-KxIaRJFvQ17ckbWJB99Ilh7avIJ3071wiWeixsxvFqK_D2GIVJpABV9g37HE1BFZLY-WqQe_aU1DPRsxzEqJkaSkw3KuC2jkw-mEJCoNDbsAkQUrcjlELKIkfg

• After fireworks, we will all probably stay in park. The kids love Fantasyland in the dark, and we always try to hit the light show at Pixie Hollow at least once.
  • BTMRR in the dark is fun, and some of my kids have never tried it.
  • If we haven’t already, I’d also like to see GE at night.
Instead of any of the plans, we left DTD and made our way to the house. Once again the walk seemed longer on the way back than it had earlier in the day! Everyone complained of sore feet, and it took a lot of encouragement and patience to get them back without any meltdowns.

DD5 stayed asleep even when we took her out of the stroller, and the rest of the kids quickly fell to sleep. All in all, even with a later start, DD5 had done 8 rides and met 3 characters, so quite a good day! We had our beach day scheduled for the next day, but would the weather cooperate? Find out next!

Back to Contents

Last edited:
Another round of fun family pictures! I'm impressed with how loving your kids seem toward each other. Holding hands, arms around each other, etc. I know it isn't like that 24/7 😂 but it's great to see. It seems like it comes natural to them and isn't forced.

That's fun that you could meet up with your cousin. The little boys are so cute. I have 2 boys that are 3 years apart to the very day. It's been fun!

I'm not good at the timing for being in Carsland when the lights come on. I have caught it a couple times, though. Very fun.

Oh, it's always beautiful here in sunny so cal! Bring on the beach day. Great recap of DCA family fun. Always love the pics.

Just caught up on this report. Thanks, because I remember your last 5th celebration in 2019!

My last trip to DL was in 2019 with my mother. We had a wonderfully magical time.

Another round of fun family pictures! I'm impressed with how loving your kids seem toward each other. Holding hands, arms around each other, etc. I know it isn't like that 24/7 😂 but it's great to see. It seems like it comes natural to them and isn't forced.
Thank you! They do have their interesting moments, and ironically the two closest in age are the most distant/get along the worst right now, but they can also all be pretty loving to each other when they want to. I was pleasantly surprised with how well DD8 handled not being the center of attention this trip. She needs lots of attention in general, but she did a good job of letting her sister make choices and followed along.

That's fun that you could meet up with your cousin. The little boys are so cute. I have 2 boys that are 3 years apart to the very day. It's been fun!
DS10 and DC12 are exactly 2 days apart. It was more fun when they were littler, they don't get along as well now.

I'm not good at the timing for being in Carsland when the lights come on. I have caught it a couple times, though. Very fun.
It is hard to time it just right, but sunset there is beautiful and of course it is also gorgeous at night. Just all around a well designed and themed land! This was our first time for shaboom in 5 visits!

Oh, it's always beautiful here in sunny so cal! Bring on the beach day. Great recap of DCA family fun. Always love the pics.
I do love the SoCal weather, even with the June gloom! Actually, I think I like it because of June gloom - having the overcast morning makes it easier to go move quickly and feel better about relaxing in the afternoon. I keep worrying I'm adding too many pictures, so hopefully they are entertaining!

Just caught up on this report. Thanks, because I remember your last 5th celebration in 2019!

My last trip to DL was in 2019 with my mother. We had a wonderfully magical time.
Welcome to the report! So crazy to think about 2019 and the before-times. I remember you also had a trip in 2019 - hopefully you get to go back soon too!

Itinerary: Day 9: Beach Day!​

Day 9: Monday, June 13

Morning:​

• Early coffee & very light breakfast at the house.
Coffee wasn’t early, but it was delicious and leisurely. My cousin’s kids were up about 6:30, but the rest of us slept until 8 or later. I enjoyed a cup of coffee before any of mine stirred, and that was rather nice!

One by one the kids appeared in the kitchen and ate some breakfast - oatmeal, cereal, and granola bars in general. Once everyone was fed, we had them change into swimsuits and loaded up the car.

• Head to the beach - Corona Del Mar Beach in Newport; we have done Santa Monica and the rest of the family loved it. I was a little cranky that day though (we parked a ways away and had a lot more walking on my ‘rest day’ than I had anticipated, it was super windy, and the then 2 yr old was VERY attached to me and I couldn’t really do anything).
My cousin had a 10am or 11am work call she needed to take, which worked out perfect for us to be loading her kids up in our van and drive them so she could have quiet in the car!

DD5 and cousin getting ready to go:
oa0HUmMWyHDur0vMdc5Ey0RMjs0psT5z4Eo6l0NqHepopM3nxXD-2ElD9-LbO1dGtprEk3qro-CHkJvaGdR14W6eUbVtxMCZ019PuVX62DohNmMqZL_TE9VYGUkUEWS9OkoIoDo_VxKHwkNp4fGLPJM

DS and the 4 yr old sat next to each other and chatted the entire drive. It was so nice for DS to have another boy to talk to, even if there was a 6 yr difference. They were sweet to each other. 2 yr old was a bit of a wild card, but ended up falling asleep in the van.

By 11:45 we were in Newport:
M5iJ64m7fKGPzxNb-iCtMGxGA4pi_B4pyGZcFsLm_ZEYo_0cl0CF29iy-6A84ZZPrC_IIAnzDh8_Y1tVMMDvxvMcRR1_uflugEy0iFIzG2-h3pj83INyXOE3QsCvpc_p2TgtU-bUZ0Kst4wolg06vNY

June gloom was hanging on for quite a while this day, which worked out fine for us, keeping the crowds low. We easily found parking at Corona del Mar. Some of the kids immediately wanted to be in the ocean, but DD5, DD8 and the two cousins preferred to play in the sand.

DS10 and DC12 having some rare special moments together, jumping waves:
e8rTbEuGtqQWqglO9vwF81bj7OUuuFlN6CLJFGcGDqlJZLmeq6ocybDrNR6bVn5R31vC8X0iEnAfgU9FVWHEqayHg3ANltsz3XgFqlm26LqSa379llAUQMq0KpUuScNLcL7BEVWD4H1zg-foosByZsI

GidQSvS6pKvSYghFfR29hgjHUa8ddl3V4BLPu1ZbdLT-EwgL0k8Q--FWiCTCKATxBsZNMn8uRTvAeyRmMmn1AKxZBhPdqeKcumahhccTdP2hrJbNTnx0TNw4Ul_y9ct0vyEe1VLFFmyqk8Co-0v1kDQ

All the kids ended up playing in the sand at various points of the day. Even DD15!
7CIHr_a9fmvSiEQmQRxC2gInG9lDi7aAv2pqAc5bwNKgqGV4fE2gmeFCJHPXo_m6J07B1c_l9T_GH0KKVO2e4C5eRx7C6sS9EtPHie4gBSLwdrdgZDQPaAPRSrdX_RxdbkoGyCPb9peN-3LWxiRVpSY

Afternoon:​

• We’ll hit up whatever food looks good in the area!
With our late start, we weren’t really hungry until mid-afternoon. Unfortunately, the cafe on the beach was closed, but luckily my cousin had thought ahead and packed a ton of snacks! This was enough to be a light lunch for my crew, so everyone happily played through the afternoon.

DH and I enjoyed the kids all basically getting along and being self-sufficient. They actually listened to us without much complaint!
8R4ZpJGm7OBUkz1x02tkE7cR9DiTozMUveLsIv-x2pVOUA8aXpNd7VKi4IZ29hKpOx-QiyWS5QLFVaqQcOf1PyQN-69l3a8XKZ-MQqixGDcM52D7mkc6ybkx-Grn5i9p7bRcAJ90J0-iLsbXbQRqr7k

DD15 helped my cousin with the 2 yr old, and DD8 ran in the waves with the 4 yr old:
TdCBAowZPQ0urDJSI_8Gd9sXjxHH-1NPduL1Ll-lKSM_tOlSY7lLLyGd5ognUrJ-Vw5XW1Y0f8BJseZdiUXwrs1uaP211OX7FPlshhpwLqMQXalj85trCuTnKx5-4B5Duji-HJUT1sWBT9W-CuXuN_U

DS took a break from the waves to bury himself:
b-c1oiMM3MTbmBMR-lcqt2v_WYBtCoH8AXvVsZaUxEGRb7RcOG06tsd6SWtmX9cPJ7mokAyiEOLExAQSZ1Gp52lWrVxAMZQI2MgN_bXbt90oNRmDb5xVba3b4WfyPnGOfALqi13FgBcR7voTETyekpw

DD8 decided to collect seaweed for a treasure mound:
jxXEi_y3YfYJO-h-0z8aiHi9eFnVoDL609sK9_G_nDaSuHKsyArJ-UiNYnvvwz09sRIEC8t0C0d05ebP_wkQvIxTrcDLvDBOuWspVuKFikKRMV8gllmozEZu2-otC6xG5dn5TKDKUhdRZ5C0VDfYwDI

T2KQWTwyGQuppxMF-R3P0cqIkiKUPu-sEJfzyU0oy5NJMmlhi5y1UT94xNUhrj4YfRXyPkDHtqGCPLEfjZDN4bMzwFurA_4JfqhVzrGI5ppV-bTtaCfI3sB8rsG7r8UljO2A0VPYsohxPgu4h-PBjLU

The kids wrapped up the day turning themselves into mermaids/turtles:
DD8:
H8xVgBd4WWbOqUjLuZd-Dknoq68UDd6WHZVJQOFX_aptWu3TCRTkPED_9W8OvxRgZ7cn4AeoOdmqdfpGO_9GQtjAVvRnUj4tulct6QUHE00LDJYReopJ-LJH4-LVkRj2THDFC1UF-4WtdpIrPEiF90k

DC buried again (attempting to be a turtle):
3gD9r5iw4AP2kJBXCDDzcOzozpXWDRwND5GzdbPQ4Qr1dBtcKiBiGgi9WibQFc2nrLsQ4WicXm-llFFrtR5rnRcYCrIby6m494hhWxe8PZpno6PFHXf12vHm1qxCkhOJtjF3clM_s4GO4gzNeA9UCNc

We re-applied sunblock several times, but still managed to burn. DD8’s back, DC12’s sides of legs, DD15’s whole body and my legs and ankles got very red.

Evening:​

• If we have run out of energy earlier, we’ll head back to the house and either hit DTD or Tangaroa Terrace for food or make something at home.
  • If we are still going strong, we’ll eat somewhere in the beach area and then head back to the house.
The kids kept going strong until about 4pm, and cousin suggested Baja Fish Tacos. There were two locations, but we picked the one that was on the way for cousin to get home. It was delicious! The black beans were my favorite part of the meal, and I highly recommend it.

After the delicious dinner it was time for my cousin to head home. We said our goodbyes and headed back to the house.

When we got home, we used after-sun lotion on all the burnt people. My legs were pretty red:
ue9WG4_SNxhImY_7laDBftDwEkElOx6uMrjYf4VGUZsmjLqtiKNNYgyuPQOXi9piff2NUh2vMJzAl9PFc9e_VX9iaC4WHC-_kKola4nQrYHCC5IJkgvHIiBS_EnRXnr_CtuAiHcR9Ppr4btx8g40be0

We hydrated pretty well, and continued to lotion up several more times, but there was some peeling about a week later.

One interesting item of the day is that I asked each kid individually what they enjoyed more - days in the park or at the beach, and they all said at the beach, but also later on asked why we didn't go on any rides. When I asked them why they preferred the beach, it was because they didn't have to wait in any lines to have fun. I thought this was a bit hilarious, considering how few lines we really had, but it also reinforced the value of the time and energy I put into minimizing lines!

• Watch fireworks from the house @9:30
I don’t think they did fireworks, because I do not remember hearing them.

• Do laundry & pack up what we can
I started a load of laundry when we got home, but no packing was accomplished. I tried to get everyone to bed early, but it still felt late (around 10am).

Tomorrow would be our last day in Disneyland, and I was determined to make the most of it. Would we get an early start? Would we wrap up all our priorities? Answers to these questions and more in the next update!

Back to Contents

Last edited:
So fun that you got to meet up with your cousin and her kids! Great pictures, love the kids being goofy in some of them. Looks like you had a fantastic family trip and did a lot. We'll be going on a trip with my Niece and her two kids in November. I'm very excited to be going with them for their very first trip to DL! It will be my family of 4 ( all adults now) my Niece and her kids will be 5 and 9 by then. It looks like your 5 yr old was able to do most rides?

So fun that you got to meet up with your cousin and her kids! Great pictures, love the kids being goofy in some of them. Looks like you had a fantastic family trip and did a lot. We'll be going on a trip with my Niece and her two kids in November. I'm very excited to be going with them for their very first trip to DL! It will be my family of 4 ( all adults now) my Niece and her kids will be 5 and 9 by then. It looks like your 5 yr old was able to do most rides?
Welcome to the reports and thank you!

Yes, the 5 yr old could do all rides except Incredicoaster (48") and Indiana Jones (46"). Most of the rides are 40" or smaller, so there are a lot of options! That said, different kids like different rides. When my first was 5, she did not want to do the thrill rides. Neither did my second. The younger 3 wanted to do them, but didn't always enjoy them. DD5 LOVED the thrill rides. BTMRR was by far her favorite ride of the entire trip, but she also enjoyed Splash, Space, and GotG and wanted to go on them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter