The Lard Lad Big Pink Donut

Robo56

Look into my eyes
Have you tried the Lard Lad Big Pink Donut? If so did you like it? Could you finish it my yourself? Share a pic with this sugary delight.

I have tried it, loved it. Could not eat it all, but I am going for more on next visit :woohoo:

Last edited:
Loooooved it! So soft yummy and fresh! Split it with the BF and while we didn't finish it the first afternoon, it was my breakfast the next morning!

Seriously, just want to go back to USO for the pink donut and butter beer!!:lovestruc

We loved it. Super fresh, and surprisingly tasty.....we had expected that flavour would be compromised for size, but we didn't find that was the case at all.

I had about a quarter of it, DH polished off the balance (quite willingly, too).

We loved it! I was surprised how fresh tasting it was. We split it equally between the four of us.

We're having the lard lad sundae this year........missed it last year as we forgot!

Do they stay in stock now of the day, or do they sell out quickly?
I was thinking of grabbing one on way back to hotel one night, and using whatever remained for breakfast the next morning.

We have tried to bring them back but for some reason we always eat them before we get there. :P

I've seen a plain Krispy Kreme go all the way from being formed, into the proofer and fryer, get plain icing, past the cashier and into my mouth. So my reaction is that any donut that needs to be both oversized and covered with pink goop in order to be a "thing" is a donut that's not good enough on its own.

Sadly, KK never broke through the DD stranglehold in my neck of the woods.

I can't upload pics from my phone here, but I will say, we enjoyed many, and I ate almost a whole one by myself. I gave a few small bites to my kids. We LOVED them. I'd love to have one right now.

IMG_0120.JPG

IFTTTFacebook.jpg

My then 8 year old loved the donut. Asking her what she wants to do first day this time she said have a big pink donut!

Two of my biggest regrets from my April trip was not getting a big Lard Lad doughnut - and not trying the Lard Lad sundae. Heading down those were on my "must do" list - but I had one of those giant glazed donuts from Emack & Bolio's early on and I got doughnut'd out.

So my reaction is that any donut that needs to be both oversized and covered with pink goop in order to be a "thing" is a donut that's not good enough on its own.

It's based on The Simpsons. They aren't going to just make it plain for fun.

(but the idea of basing "what makes a good donut" on Krispy Kreme makes me shudder...oh those things are SO bad IMO)

(and for the record I haven't had the LL donut either, because we avoid colors and there are plenty of tasty thing to eat without needing to check ingredients*, so I'm not defending the LL other than making sure it's understood that it's a Simpsons thing)

(*though I have done a quick check, and despite the name, it doesn't have lard in it, LOL, so it's acceptable to my family in THAT way at the very least.)

We got the sundae. I thought I would be disgusted and sick after eating it, but it was really tasty. DH, DS, and myself split it. It uses the regular size pink-frosted donut though. The soft serve ice cream was refreshing on a hot day. I have been thinking about one lately:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter