The Junior Explorer Program at CA?

Spart02

Mouseketeer
I was recently looking through a somewhat dated travel book and came across a section regarding the Junior Explorer Program. In the Sunshine Plaza area there is or was a Junior Explorer kiosk which had/has a game (scavenger hunt) and guidemap for young kids to do. Does anyone know if this is still offered, and if it is...is it worth checking out? We will be at the parks for 5 days and may have extra time to do something like this. Thanks!

Oh WOW! I think they did that the year DCA opened. I may even still have a map from it. I would have to do some good searching. I think they only did that for a lil bit and then stopped.

we visited dca back in 2001, we came from australia with our three young children, we had one of those maps you are talking about,as we walked around the park we had to stop a different locations and collect a sticker for the map. At one of the locations the kids did a drawing which was then used that night in the luminara night show, they projected the picture onto a wall of water it looked great. carnt wait to get back to disneyland :cool1:

The junior explorer is long since gone. I had totally forgotten about it even existing in the first place. I guess it was one of those things they did to have something for kids (especially those who didn't meet the height requirements) to do at DCA before they built Bug's Land. The Luminaria show only was there DCA's first holiday season. They didn't bring it back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter