The Ip-Dip Fry Daddy Dude Fest '08 - PTR by the camping dude

camelotcats

the DUDE has returned
The Ip-Dip Fry Daddy Dude Fest '08 - PTR by the camping dude

I'm FIRST! :banana: :banana:

This is my PTR for the upcoming Ip-Dip Fry Daddy Dude Fest of '08...or whatever we decide to call it. This will be a mini-DIS-meet and my first camping experience.

This PT will be my plans and Ideas for the long weekend I will be at the Fort Wilderness campgrounds.

the particulars:

Who (part 1)
Me, myself, and I. My nickname: Dude. Yeah, I know I'm a chick. get over it. :cool2:

Who (part 2)
I will be trying to meet, at a minimum:
ncsjodi, ncseric and kids
Montana_disney_fan, Linnie_the_Pooh, adn kids
Anyone else who shows up.

Where:

Fort Wilderness campgrounds. Tent hook up site.

When:

Oct. 17-20, 2008

How:

I have no idea! DH (AKA HHBG) got me the trip for Christmas! The trip is booked. The flights need to be bought. I am psyched.

Complications:

I've never been camping. Guess what? You all get to learn along with me...along with some hep and advice from the wonderful people at the camping thread and from my ILs.

More soon!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Can't wait to read this one...I wish my DH would give me a solo trip to Disney.

I'm lucky if I can go to the bathroom by myself!!!!:rotfl2:

Can't wait to read this one...I wish my DH would give me a solo trip to Disney.

I'm lucky if I can go to the bathroom by myself!!!!:rotfl2:

:welcome:

YEah, haven't figured out what he was drinking in that water bottle to O this one, but hey, I'm not complaining! He actually seems pretty into it, too. Can't wait to get more plans!!

Didn't realize you had started the PTR already! But, we're in! We'll be arriving on the 19th pretty early since we're driving this time. We figure we'll stay somewhere in Florida on Saturday night (since weekends are higher in points at DVC resorts) and drive a few hours on Sunday to get to WDW by at least lunchtime. Not sure when you're planning on leaving, but we should definitely plan to meet up that night!

Didn't realize you had started the PTR already! But, we're in! We'll be arriving on the 19th pretty early since we're driving this time. We figure we'll stay somewhere in Florida on Saturday night (since weekends are higher in points at DVC resorts) and drive a few hours on Sunday to get to WDW by at least lunchtime. Not sure when you're planning on leaving, but we should definitely plan to meet up that night!

Hi Jodi!

I haven't made my flight ressies yet, but I'll probably leave Monday mid-morning. DH needs to figure some things out. An adult has to be there to get the kids off of the bus, and if he is taking off early on Friday, I will probably need to be there on Monday for bus drop off. We're going to check the flights and costs, since this is a seriously budgeted trip, but we have to wait a few weeks until DH's vacation situation is sorted out. He took "family sick" days when I had my gal bladder surgery, but they took 3 vacation days instead. He is fighting to get them back. If he wins (which he should) there is less pressure on me to get back. If he doesn't, I'll have to book an earlier flight.

I vote on DTD Sunday night, myself. We can storm a restaurant and then go par-tay. Unfortunately, this might involve too much work with baysitting and whatever for the people traveling with kids. :(

OK, must do housework! Holidays are bearing down!

-Dude

Sounds like you are going to have a blast!

Camping tip one: practice putting your tent up first before the trip. And if you need to put it up in the dark, you will need serious flashlighting!

Sounds like you are going to have a blast!

Camping tip one: practice putting your tent up first before the trip. And if you need to put it up in the dark, you will need serious flashlighting!

Flying in probably early morning. It looks like the "cheap" flights are leaving here around 6am. Even hitting the park the first day, I will plan on being back mid day to set up.

I'm working on a "wish list" so family can get me supplies for the holiday. My ILs are psyched I am going, and my whole side thinks I am beyond nuts. :confused3 What can ya do??

And hey! You are at TWO WEEKS!! :cool1:

I can't go, but I sure can read all about it.

YOu can't go!?! *pout* I wanted to meet Nova. maybe next time. Enjoy reading my crazy plans! Glad to have you!!

OOOOO,,Just found this thru your siggy Angela! Thanks! Maybe I can talk Steve into going for a ;ong weekend just us,,,we`ll tell everybody were just going to Vermont for my 41st birthday! What is the date of the actual meet?

OOOOO,,Just found this thru your siggy Angela! Thanks! Maybe I can talk Steve into going for a ;ong weekend just us,,,we`ll tell everybody were just going to Vermont for my 41st birthday! What is the date of the actual meet?

I'm not sure we have one yet. I'm thinking like the 19th or 20th.

Hi, ED! (you know if you come, this will have to be your Tee shirt nickname)

I'm thinking it's probably going to be the 19th. Jodi won't be in until probably lunch time on Sunday, and I am probably going to have to leave relatively early on Monday the 20th to go back to the airport (Still working on this timing).

To quote Tim Gunn:

Make it work! ;)

:hippie:

O,K....Camping from oct 17-20th is 625 includes park hoppers,,not bad!! POP is 825 with park hoppers,,,,its very do-able!!! :hyper:

O,K....Camping from oct 17-20th is 625 includes park hoppers,,not bad!! POP is 825 with park hoppers,,,,its very do-able!!! :hyper:

go through AAA. I got a campsite and 3-day parkhoppers for a little more than half the number you just said, but no flight yet. Would you bring a camper?

So, we have a few potential joiners in for the meet:

Carrieannie aka Ed
and Blue_River aka inky Dinky Blue

Woohoo!!

So, who else is in for The Bad-Donkey Ip-Dip Fry Daddy Dudefest '08!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter