The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

It was very nice being back up there Sep 16-20, in a Boardwalk-view 1bd villa. I had requested, and scored, one of the ginormous covered balconies - 8 feet deep by around 30 feet or so wide...private, covered and weather protected, with a very nice view:
original.jpg

Just a little bit - but not too bad - it got a lot of sun in the morning as the sun came up (just off to the right) and good light as the sun set as it sets just off to the left over Yacht Club - it was only darker than the normal rooms in the middle of the afternoon - honestly, when I'm rarely ever in the room anyway.

It was very nice being back up there Sep 16-20, in a Boardwalk-view 1bd villa. I had requested, and scored, one of the ginormous covered balconies - 8 feet deep by around 30 feet or so wide...private, covered and weather protected, with a very nice view:
original.jpg
I personally like that view and balcony, but you might be surprised at how many do not want a balcony with the solid wall. They want one with railings so that they can sit & enjoy the view. Apparently, balconies with the solid wall require one to stand up to enjoy the view.

I love the privacy element that comes with the solid wall - I can see the Beach Club and view across the lake, the boats coming in, Epcot, etc - but not the boardwalk directly below - and they can't see me - great if you just want to sit and read, or relax with morning coffee, and not change into anything. And you can go to the rail and stand if you want to people watch and enjoy the boardwalk action. I could see sometimes how it might be nice to watch the boardwalk while seated, but for me there are other times I like that complete privacy.

Most of the solid walls I've had are just tall enough that I can't see anything but trees unless I stand up... Which is why I always request open balconies.
Though I expect the solid wall blocks some of the boardwalk music also...

Last edited:
Got it. Ok, that makes sense because I was lurking yesterday there were different days that were taken. It does seem to change on a whim. I'll keep watching and grab what I can. thanks!
I just got my week Aug 26- Sep2 The waitlist was useless. The day kept popping open / closed and finally I was able to grab the last day. I was not able to modify ( dwarfs every time) So I booked it separate and now will have to call to link.

Most of the solid walls I've had are just tall enough that I can't see anything but trees unless I stand up... Which is why I always request open balconies.
Though I expect the solid wall blocks some of the boardwalk music also...
Definitely one advantage of being fairly tall - while sitting out there, I could see even the boats pulling up to the Boardwalk boat dock, the whole lagoon, the resorts across the way...the only thing I couldn't see without standing was the actual boardwalk.

The wall can mute some of the music a bit - but not much - it's still pretty audible in the room. Again, never a bother for me as I stay up late and don't spend a lot of time in the room in the daytime/afternoon. I did find it amusing to watch the chair balancing performer do his routine in the evening - he was 2 rooms over from me, but when he goes to his highest chair stand, his head is just a foot or so away from that covered balcony's rail. One day, the people in that room were leaning over watching, and when the performer got nearly up to them, he joked around with them about getting down from the chairs by jumping onto their balcony.

original.jpg
I loved that covered balcony, I had one in a studio so half that size. It was great because even though it was rainy a couple of mornings, I could still sit out with my breakfast and my coffee.

Has a refurb actually started at BWV?

I see this note on the BWV landing page to book when I went to check what was available for next month. Already have my studio nights but was checking out 1 bedroom availability.

Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas Refurbishment

Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas is being refurbished, with new offerings, plus updates coming to our Guest rooms, lobby and more. Please note that while most hotel amenities will remain available, you may be able to see and hear construction during daytime hours. Additionally, please allow for additional travel time.

I've been on Dis continuously, just not paying attention <g>.

I see this note on the BWV landing page to book when I went to check what was available for next month. Already have my studio nights but was checking out 1 bedroom availability.

Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas is being refurbished, with new offerings, plus updates coming to our Guest rooms, lobby and more. Please note that while most hotel amenities will remain available, you may be able to see and hear construction during daytime hours. Additionally, please allow for additional travel time.

They haven't started on the lobby or rooms yet. In Aug they released the following announcement:
“Over the next few years, we’ll be bringing new enhancements and offerings to life along this beloved, turn-of-the-century promenade – from a charming new lobby design and nearby coffee bar to delectable dining options, refreshed guest rooms, and other special touches.”

So far I think they've only finished the sandwich shop and are still working on the other restaurant items. Nothing else has been released about the room or lobby refurb.

Dundy’s Sundries closed last week, to be transformed into a coffee shop. That’s the only activity I’m aware of on the Villas side so far.

Work begins on a new coffee shop in the lobby at Disney's BoardWalk Inn

Work is now underway on the first of several updates coming to Disney's BoardWalk Inn lobby.

BoardWalk Inn lobby coffee shop construction - October 4 2022

Dundy's Sundries is now closed and will soon become a new coffee shop. The new coffee bar will serve artisanal beverages and quick bites, available to-go or in newly refreshed seating spaces inside or outdoors.
I am actually pretty excited for this. I hope it is complete by the middle of Dec when we head back. :)

Has anyone heard if the new coffee bar at the Boardwalk will include the drink dispensers for the Unlimited Refill tumblers?

Has anyone heard if the new coffee bar at the Boardwalk will include the drink dispensers for the Unlimited Refill tumblers?
Unfortunately, I personally have not heard anything regarding beverage stations being added at this location. It’s not to say it won’t happen, they just haven’t made any announcements to date.

Looks like some more balancing needs to come to the summers for BWV this next year. Every single weekend is open while every single weekday is booked when looking at the 2BR side for Standard View.

Possibly reduction in points of the weekend and tad increase during the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter