The good and bad of Coronado Springs

We are heading to CSR tonight for the weekend so hopefully I'll have lots of positive things to post when we return Monday! Most of these comments have gotten me excited about our choice! I've been there once, about 7 years ago, I think we were in Casitas 5, and just remember it being really spread out, but fine otherwise. The grounds are beautiful and we thought Pepper Market was pretty good. The only other mod we've been to is CBR, which I didn't like at all.

We are heading to CSR tonight for the weekend so hopefully I'll have lots of positive things to post when we return Monday! Most of these comments have gotten me excited about our choice! I've been there once, about 7 years ago, I think we were in Casitas 5, and just remember it being really spread out, but fine otherwise. The grounds are beautiful and we thought Pepper Market was pretty good. The only other mod we've been to is CBR, which I didn't like at all.

I think that we were in Casitas as well. I loved the Chipoltle Bacon Burger at Pepper Market. My DDIL and I split one and I am still grieving that I did not get one all to myself! LOL! I have to say I always feel bad saying that I did not like the resort because there was not one bad thing I could say about it. There is a manager there who seems to be everywhere at once, in a good way!

For QS at CSR I prefer the Siesta Cantina at the pool to PM and when we stay there again in the future I want to try Las Ventanas. Maya Grill is one of the best TS meal we had last summer!

For QS at CSR I prefer the Siesta Cantina at the pool to PM and when we stay there again in the future I want to try Las Ventanas. Maya Grill is one of the best TS meal we had last summer!

I'm really wishing now that we would have the chance to try Maya Grill this weekend, but we have 'Ohana tomorrow night (our favorite) and then eating at the F&G booths on Sunday. We need more time!

I agree. We stayed there last October and had breakfast (coffee and oatmeal with fresh fruit and nuts) most mornings by the pool. We also loved our meal at Maya Grill and service was wonderful!

We got home yesterday from our weekend trip staying at CSR. Overall, we had a great experience at CSR.
Pros: Beautiful resort, both the buildings and grounds. Layout was not confusing like at CBR. Easy walk to both El Centro and Dig Site from Casitas 3. The food was good at the pool bar (only place we tried) and drinks were good there as well as at the Laguna Bar. Great bus service, we were very pleasantly surprised at this. The resort had a very pleasant and relaxing atmosphere.

Cons: We didn't get the room we requested, but not a big deal, I know requests are never a sure thing, and we got the building we requested which was the most important. Really the only con was that our room had a rather strong smell of bleach, but not so horrible that we needed to ask for a different room.

CSR will definitely be our choice if we stay at a moderate again!

We just got back today from our weekend stay and had a great time!

Pros: clean room, awesome main pool, good bus service, good variety of food in the food court, delicious cocktails at the pool bar. Great service, our mini fridge had been frozen out by previous guest and didn't cool our things, and they replaced it for us within 2 hours. While that may seem like a long time for some, I know we weren't the only ones with that issue as my mom had to have hers replaced in her room too, so I'm assuming there was a long list of fridge swap outs needed.
I also loved the large size of the resort for walking my 4 year old around to unwind in the evening. We also caught a great view of fireworks every night above the lake and could even see them from the pool above the trees.

Cons: The fireworks sounded a bit loud inside the room, so it may be an issue if you have little kids/babies/grumpy adults who are light sleepers. Also, the long, beautiful walks turn into a pain if you get caught in a FL downpour trying to get food/drinks.
My only other complaint seems to be true for all Disney resorts, and it is that they shut everything down so early. It would be nice if the lounges stayed open until 2 like normal bars so you could grab a drink after a late night at MK. I know they want to push people towards Disney Springs, but it is the last place I want to go after a busy theme park day. It would be nice to come back after a long and busy day and grab a drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter