The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

Wonder what happens if the return time is before 2pm and the park is not your reserved park. Ie. Will it give you the early time or will you get an error message. Crazy they would do this, but then again..

People have tried and it gives you an error.

Big changes to Genie+. Stacking for park hopping is now that more difficult
I didn't know it worked like that, we didn't hop on our first genie+ trip in May. But I kind of see why they changed it. Makes it harder to stack I get it, but It's not really fair for people in other parks to have access to 2:00 slots before the people who reserved that park. Seems better for the slots to open up at the same time for everyone, IMO.

I didn't know it worked like that, we didn't hop on our first genie+ trip in May. But I kind of see why they changed it. Makes it harder to stack I get it, but It's not really fair for people in other parks to have access to 2:00 slots before the people who reserved that park. Seems better for the slots to open up at the same time for everyone, IMO.

I’m a park hopper person and I was really looking forward to stacking but I agree with you. I wonder how many people will back out of purchasing park hoppers because of this change.

I’m a park hopper person and I was really looking forward to stacking but I agree with you. I wonder how many people will back out of purchasing park hoppers because of this change.
Heh, if they see hopper sales drop off noticeably, they'll probably change it back! We're normally hoppers, but haven't done it with genie yet. Sadly we paid for it on our trip and never hopped. Oops! We were traveling with another family and the logistics just made it better to do one park per day. Oh well it's only money right? lol

If you really think about it, someone hopping could actually use a 1:30 or 1:45 LL reservation since the windows for those would extend past 2pm.

Just looking for clarification on this change: you no longer will be able to book a G+ return time at the park you will be hopping to if the return time for that attraction is before 2pm. Example, If you're at MK and it's 11am and you go to book say Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway for a return time of 3pm that will still work?

Just looking for clarification on this change: you no longer will be able to book a G+ return time at the park you will be hopping to if the return time for that attraction is before 2pm. Example, If you're at MK and it's 11am and you go to book say Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway for a return time of 3pm that will still work?

That’s how I’m reading it.

Good grief this is hard enough to learn/understand and they keep changing it?

So, I'm trying to understand as well. If I'm at AK and it's 11am and I want to book at EP, if the return times are noon or 1, I just can't book. So I have to wait until the rides are naturally after 2pm?

But if I'm at AK and it's 11am and all the rides I'm interested in at HS have return times after 2pm I can book?

That’s how I’m reading it.
Then (and I shutter to say this) it doesn't sound like the change is that bad? Unless you want to start your park hop exactly at 2pm which personally we rarely do. I feel like most of the headliners in each park get G+ return times after 2pm not long into the morning..

Good grief this is hard enough to learn/understand and they keep changing it?

So, I'm trying to understand as well. If I'm at AK and it's 11am and I want to book at EP, if the return times are noon or 1, I just can't book. So I have to wait until the rides are naturally after 2pm?

But if I'm at AK and it's 11am and all the rides I'm interested in have return times after 2pm I can book?
Yes. If the return times at the park you're hopping to are 2pm or later then your good to go.

I wonder if there's any chance they're preparing to drop the "after 2pm" requirement for park hopping 🤔

At first I didn't understand how this would be related, but I guess after trying to understand this change I'm thinking it does? But it seems weird not to be done at the same time!?

At first I didn't understand how this would be related, but I guess after trying to understand this change I'm thinking it does? But it seems weird not to be done at the same time!?
Honestly, it's just wishful thinking. I would be surprised if they actually dropped the 2pm requirement for hopping. But I'd also be very happy - just one less unnecessary restriction

My IPhone did not update MDE automatically so I still see the times from 7:00 to 7:30. I have been thinking about updating but now I will leave it alone. We plan to hop every day. I want to see the time when I choose my experience so I can get right after 2 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter