The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

Do LL selections get cancelled if i cancel my park res to book a different park? For example, park res for Epcot but book HS LL's for park hop.. but decide want to head to HS earlier than 2 and there are passes still available. Is it possible to cancel Epcot and grab HS, without losing the LLs?

So if you’re stacking for evening, the quickest you could schedule is 7am then not until 11am (if park opens 9am) then 1pm etc?

Question, if I see a ride is down like dumbo but a lightning pass is available in 5 mins, will it switch to a multiple pass? If it switches to multiple pass does the 120 min count reset or do I have to use it before I grab another LL? Also if I did Peter Pan with LL in the morning can I use the multiple pass to

Is this a possible strategy?

Technically you can but only if you’re lucky enough to snag a 9AM G+. Once you tap in you’ll be eligible to book another G+ attraction.
This is true, but then your first G+ LL wouldn't be "stacked" for later in the evening. The one you pick at 9am after scanning in would be your first "stacked" LL if you select a later time for that one. If your goal is to stack for later in the day, you would still only be able to add to your "stack" at 11am, since your 7am LL would be for a 9am return and you would get the first LL for the stack at 9am and the second one at 11am (basically the same as starting your afternoon/evening "stack" at 7am and adding the next one at 11am).

Another consideration would be whether there's much "value" in getting the first LL for a 9am return time. Since that's right at RD, lines are traditionally shorter then anyway. However, there are some rides that build longer waits pretty fast. So there could be some merit to booking the first LL for 9am return if you anticipate the line will already be getting long first thing in the morning and then starting your "stack" at 9am for later in the day. This presumes that you plan to show up at RD rather than showing up later in the day to use the stack of LLs you reserved throughout the morning/early afternoon.

Last edited:
I would be nervous, too, since it's Slinky Dog! But to answer your question about canceling, yes, I was able to remove 1 person from the reservation without canceling it for everyone. This was earlier in January. I did it for multiple rides, actually.

Just in case, I might screenshot the reservation beforehand in case something goes wrong!
Thank you for answering! Unfortunately A. I just saw this now and B. Slinky Dog went down as we were waiting to ride! 😭 Since it was the end of the day they gave us a fast pass to use tomorrow at Epcot, but it’s not good for Soarin or Test Track. 🙄

Has anyone had the security code issue over the last few weeks? This is where you try to buy an ILL ride, only to be told you need to enter a security code first, from an email that was just sent to you? That sure slowed me down in November. Hoping it has improved since then!

This is true, but then your first G+ LL wouldn't be "stacked" for later in the evening. The one you pick at 9am after scanning in would be your first "stacked" LL if you select a later time for that one. If your goal is to stack for later in the day, you would still only be able to add to your "stack" at 11am, since your 7am LL would be for a 9am return and you would get the first LL for the stack at 9am and the second one at 11am (basically the same as starting your afternoon/evening "stack" at 7am and adding the next one at 11am).

Another consideration would be whether there's much "value" in getting the first LL for a 9am return time. Since that's right at RD, lines are traditionally shorter then anyway. However, there are some rides that build longer waits pretty fast. So there could be some merit to booking the first LL for 9am return if you anticipate the line will already be getting long first thing in the morning and then starting your "stack" at 9am for later in the day. This presumes that you plan to show up at RD rather than showing up later in the day to use the stack of LLs you reserved throughout the morning/early afternoon.
My thought was to get 9am for say PP and then RD a few rides and go on PP by 10am and then I’ll be able to grab another earlier and have knocked out a hard one to get with long wait times. Good idea??

My thought was to get 9am for say PP and then RD a few rides and go on PP by 10am and then I’ll be able to grab another earlier and have knocked out a hard one to get with long wait times. Good idea??

Yes this is a very good plan.
We were there two weeks ago. We got Jungle Cruise at 7am for 9:30 - 10:30. Rope dropped Pirates and then got on JC at 9:30. Standby was around 45 mins at that point. Immediately made another LL for Haunted Mansion for around an hour later. Went on Small World with a 15 min wait while we waited for Haunted Mansion. After tapping into Haunted Mansion made another one for Winnie the Pooh. Ate lunch while we waited. Continued this process all day.

This worked out very well. Use your LLs on the top attractions with waits longer than 30 mins. Fill the times in between with low wait attractions, eating, parades, etc.

My cousin agreed to do all the Genie work at 7:00 am (booking things - I'm able to purchase Genie+ beforehand). What should his order of attack be (and should his wife also be booking something at the same time?):

Peter Pan for 10:00ish
Minnie and Mickey for 2:00 ish
Remy for 5:00ish

And isn't there something I can do to get these choices towards the top of the lists?

Thanks!

Can’t use a Multiple Pass for PP or Jungle Cruise.
Thank you I didn’t realize it didn’t work for those two. So could I use it to ride something I’ve already lightning passed? Also do you know once you get one are you able to select another lightning pass or do you have to wait until you use it?

Has anyone had the security code issue over the last few weeks? This is where you try to buy an ILL ride, only to be told you need to enter a security code first, from an email that was just sent to you? That sure slowed me down in November. Hoping it has improved since then!
Uggg! That lost me ROTR ILL in Nov. I’d blocked that from memory…

Do LL selections get cancelled if i cancel my park res to book a different park? For example, park res for Epcot but book HS LL's for park hop.. but decide want to head to HS earlier than 2 and there are passes still available. Is it possible to cancel Epcot and grab HS, without losing the LLs?
There have been posts about people skipping their park reservation park and going to their 2nd park and being turned away at the turnstiles (especially during busy times). It seemed you have to tap in at the park you have a reservation for before you go to another park in order for your ticket/band to scan properly. Some people had cast members clear them to go in, but others were turned away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter