The FOUR SEASONS ORLANDO information thread

MAYNARDS99

DIS Veteran
Post your information, pictures and comments about this fantastic future hotel located at Golden Oak.

The architect group for the Four Seasons Orlando is WATG. The same company that designed the Venetian Resort in Las Vegas. Ground breaking began in December 2011, with an expected opening in mid-2014.

GoldenOaksiteplan.jpg

The new resort is expected to cost $360 million dollars, and have 444 rooms. That's over $800,000 per ROOM!

Per Melinda Gregory, "When completed, the ultra-posh hotel will have over 400 guest rooms plus a spa with 18 different treatment rooms for guests. The Four Seasons will also boast three pools and a lazy river as well as tennis courts and a climbing wall."

Do you think the residents of Golden Oak will be pool hopping over at the Four Seasons?

Do you think it looks too much like the Ritz-Carlton on South John Young Parkway?

FourSeasons2014.jpg

Yes and No. I see what you mean, it does (at least in this rendering) have many of the characteristics of the Ritz Grande Lakes. The Ritz makes more of a "U" shape where this seems to be more rectangular. But with the spa and convention center space (Im assuming thats what it is) it does look like Grande Lakes resort. All it needs is an Atlantis knock-off (the JW Marriott) next door and it would be twins!

The new Four Season's flagship hotel in Toronto will have each room equipped with an Apple iPad.

"Request housekeeping, schedule spa appointments, adjust their room's temperature, request wake-up calls, in addition to 30 other services", according to USA Today.

Hotel guests can download a free app if they care to use their personal iPads.

Will Four Season's Orlando have an iPad in every room, or will guests be forced to use the phone?

From Ft. Wilderness you can see that the internal construction of the hotel tower is almost complete. Turner Construction is handling the project.

DSCF0225.jpg

This is SO exciting! We just returned from the FS in Costa Rica last week and had a fabulous time! Can't wait to experience this one in Orlando!!!

I too am awfully excited for this one:thumbsup2

Seems that the Puccini Group is the same interior design firm for the Four Seasons main restaurant.

From the Puccini Group website, "Delivering a lively atmosphere in a warm setting, the 3-meal restaurant weaves seasonal ingredients into creative dishes inspired by the flavors of the Mediterranean. The restaurant interior combines the colors, textures and familial spirit found in the coastal towns dotting the Mediterranean shore. The large expo kitchen takes center stage, allowing the chef and team to exhibit their culinary talents while engaging guests with the smells, sounds, and activity in the kitchen."

From Ft. Wilderness you can see that the internal construction of the hotel tower is almost complete. Turner Construction is handling the project.

you can see it from BLT and CR as well.

Not sure if it will be a view of the MK - with BLT and CR in the way - but the higher rooms just might.

It should definitely see the fireworks from both MK and Epcot - it is very close to both.

According to the Orlando Business Journal, the new FS will have an "$8 million pool amenity area", and "will feature multiple pool amenity areas, spas, fountains, a lazy river and a themed children’s water entertainment area."

I guess disney is expecting the economy to improve.:laughing:

disney is not building this - 4 seasons is the developer

do you think this will be the first 5 stars hotel in the Orlando area - know both the Marriott and Hilton were disappointed that their hotels were only listed as 4 stars

Ritz-Carlton (marriott)
Waldorf Astoria Orlando (Hilton)

Spicey...I think the FS property has a better chance of a five star/diamond rating than either the Ritz-Carlton or the Waldorf. My reasoning is that both of those properties SHARE their facilities with their mainstream brands.

The FS will probably start out with a four diamond rating the first year, and make it to the five level the following year once the staff mesh completely.

The FS is a stand alone property behind a secure gate surrounded by luxury residential properties. I would hope that the Ritz and Waldorf were studied intensely and that any noted shortcomings were eliminated from the FS plans.

BTW Oddly, the website directions to the resort have guests coming thru the north employee area, off of Winter Garden Vineland Road, instead of taking the GreeneWay to World Center/Epcot Center Drive.

BTW Oddly, the website directions to the resort have guests coming thru the north employee area, off of Winter Garden Vineland Road, instead of taking the GreeneWay to World Center/Epcot Center Drive.

think that was done by someone who has no ideal how bad the traffic can get on 535 - Vineland rd. It also puts them closer to the Hyatt - than the Disney resorts.

I too am very excited about the Four Seasons. However, the price would have to be competitive enough to lure us away from Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Polynesian. We stay at least one Four Season's property per year and I don't think any room rate we have had has worked out less than staying at a WDW Deluxe property.

I too am very excited about the Four Seasons. However, the price would have to be competitive enough to lure us away from Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Polynesian. We stay at least one Four Season's property per year and I don't think any room rate we have had has worked out less than staying at a WDW Deluxe property.

The rates probably won't be less than these hotels - although it might be close - but what it will give you is a true deluxe hotel, instead of Disney's watered down version of the same. Can't wait to finally see what I know is going to be a great hotel!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter